Heart Broken

In Love with Kang Gary

I was really exhausted after flying miles and hours from Seoul to LA. It was already 11 pm US Time when I got to Gary Oppa’s place. I dragged my luggage to the door of his apartment, feeling excited. Gary Oppa will be thrilled to see me. I pressed the door bell and expecting huggings and kisses from my beloved Oppa.

……………………………No one came to the door. I dialed Oppa’s mobile number.

“Yes, mong ji mong ji. My lovely mong ji.”

Oh? Is he drunk? He sounded like one. “Gary Oppa, where are you?” “Mong Ji, Mong Ji. Am on the way home…….”  Before I could tell him that I was at his doorstep of his apartment in LA, the phone got hang up. Well, he did say he is on his way home. So I will just wait.

I waited for like 20 minutes and I finally heard footsteps and voices coming from the lift lobby. First I heard Gil Oppa’s voice and then……I heard…..a woman’s voice. That was Kim Min Lee?  I quickly dragged my luggage and hide myself at a corner. , I curse. Song Ji Hyo, you were here to see your boyfriend, why were you hiding.

Yes, I don’t know why I am hiding.

From the corner that I was hiding, I saw Leessang’s assistant opening the door to the apartment. Gil Oppa first entered through the door. Then I saw Gary Oppa with Kim Min Lee holding on to his arms and waist. “Min Lee, I can walk, I am not as drunk, I just need to wash my face.” He was mumbling.

“Min Lee, let Sam send you home.” Sam is one of Leessang’s crew.

“I don’t have my car keys with me and I need to pee. Noona Min Lee, please wait for a while.” I heard Sam saying.

“Oppa, can you wait with me while Sam comes with his car key?” Kim Min Lee asked.

“Sure sure. Oppa will wait with you.”

And when there was only the 2 of them at the door step, Kim Min Lee leaned forward and slammed her lips on Gary Oppa’s. She was KISSING him. I can’t believe my eyes. Kang Gary, you should move away and reject her.

“Min Lee….. What are you doing?” Gary Oppa finally pushed Kim Min Lee away after ‘struggling’ for few minutes when he could have easier pushed her away.

 “Are you crazy?” Gary Oppa used his sleeves to wipe his lips. I guessed the surprise kiss from Kim Min Lee has suddenly wake Gary Oppa up.

“Oppa, don’t be afraid. This is not the first time we kissed. We even share the same bed some nights ago when you were drunk and I took care of you. I knew you were lonely. How I wished we can go back to the old times.” I heard Kim Min Lee saying and I can see that she blushed slightly when making the statement. Gary Oppa was about to say something when Sam came along.

“Gary, I am coming.” Sam came with his car keys.

“Min lee, let’s go.” Kim Min Lee gazed into Gary Oppa’s eyes, gave him a smile. Kissed him on his cheeks and left with Sam.

“Shared the same bed? What did we do? Stressed. I must be drunk. Min Lee must be drunk.” Gary Oppa slammed his forehead, used his sleeves to wipe his lips again and his cheeks. “I need to wash my face.” And he went into his apartment.

At my corner, I saw the whole incident. My body was shaking. I covered my mouth with my hands as I was afraid that I will start screaming.  Shared the same bed? Gary Oppa shared the same bed with another woman and kisses her? I suddenly felt my eyes were warm, I knew I can’t stop my tears, I sobbed with my hands covering my mouth. I am afraid that someone will hear me. I wanted to leave this dark corner this minute but my legs were  glued to the ground. What was Kang Gary doing. Did he betray me? I trusted him so much, and he betrayed me?

I was sobbing in my own world when I felt someone pat on my shoulder.

“Excuse me lady, are you ok?” I heard a familiar voice. I raised my head and I saw Gil Oppa.

“Ji Hyo, is you? When did you arrive, why didn’t you call Gary. Oh, why are you crying?”

I could not answer anything, I sobbed even louder and still trying to cover my mouth with my hands.

“Oh god, Ji hyo. What happened? KANG GARY, come out. THIS MINUTE!” Gil Oppa shouted.

“Gil, I am tired. Leave me alone.” I heard Gary Oppa shouting from his apartment.

“KANG GARY. COME OUT NOW. IF NOT YOU WILL REGRET.” Gil Oppa is shouting at the top of his voice.

“OK, OK. I am coming. You can’t just live without me. You are just throwing the garbage and still need me to come with you. You…..…..” Gary Oppa yelled as he came out from his apartment.

He stopped yelling upon seeing me and my crying eyes.

“MONG JI!!??” he was indeed surprise. “You called me just now, did you? I thought you were calling from Seoul.” What a BIG surprise.

“Mong Ji. Why are you here? When did you arrive? How long have you been standing here?” Gary Oppa threw a series of questions at me.

“Mong ji, why are you crying. Did something happened?” He came forward and held me by my shoulders. “Kang Gary, remove your hands from my shoulders” I finally managed to squeeze a few words from my mouth.

“Mong Ji, what happened?” He tries to hug me.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” I screamed, I can’t hold it anymore. I don’t care if the neighbours think that I am a crazy woman.

“Ji hyo. Calm down. What happened?” Gil Oppa tried to calm me down.

Gary Oppa looked at me. “You saw it just now.” He asked peacefully. How,HOW, can he be so peacefully? He kissed another woman behind my back. They even shared the same bed.

“See what?” Gil Oppa asked.

“Gil, please leave us for a moment. I need to explain to Ji Hyo.” Gary Oppa started to panic.

“No. I don’t want to listen to anything. Gil Oppa. Can you help me to bring my luggage to the ground floor. I need a taxi. I am leaving.”

“Mong Ji. Please, please listen to me.”

“No I don’t want to listen to anything. I only believe in my eyes.”

“No Mong Ji. Please.” He tried to hug me again and stopped me from leaving. I pushed him away, he tried to force his hug on me. As we struggle, I fell down and hit my head against the wall.

“Kang Gary. Keep your cool. You will hurt Ji Hyo.” Gil Oppa helped me to push him away.

“Kang Gary. We are over. OVER! Just let me go.” I screamed at him.

“I think both of you need to talk. But not now, both of you need a cold shower and calm down your emotions. Kang Gary, go back into the house. I will find a hotel for Ji Hyo for the night.”

Gary Oppa, helplessly…moved back into this apartment. And I heard him punching the walls as I left the place.

Gil Oppa and his assistant found me a nice boutique hotel to stay for the night. I cried in the shower, I cried in bed. I cried myself to sleep. I never remembered that I had ever cried so much. And I never remembered that my heart had hurt so much.


When I wake in the next morning, it was already 1 pm in the afternoon. I guess all the traveling, crying, screaming and the jet lag had worn me out. My eyes were swelling like 2 big stones.

I picked up my mobile phone and switched it on, and saw 100 unread msg and 60 missed calls. Some were from Unnie asking me if I had reach LA safely and most of them are from Kang Gary, begging for forgiveness and a chance to explain.

My head started to spin when I saw these messages. I was in no mood to read any one of these messages. I switched off the mobile,  climbed to my feet, took a shower and decided to go out for a stroll. I was  feeling hungry but has no appetite at all.

 As I reached the lobby, a lady in a blue jacket and black jeans approached me.

“Miss Song. I am the secretary of Leessang group. My name is Anita. I am here to take care of you. Are you hungry? I shall bring you out for lunch?”

“Hello, Anita”. I bowed at her. “There is no need to take care of me. I just want to take a stroll outside.”

“No no, Mr Gary and Mr Gil has appointed me to take care of you. And you are Mr Gary’s girlfriend right? You are so pretty. Is my job to take care of you. “ Girl friend? Upon hearing this word, I feel tears gathering at my eyes again. Fortunately, I was wearing my sunglasses and no one can see my blood shot eyes.

“Mr Gary and Mr Gil are attending a radio interview now. I think by 5 pm, they should be able to meet you at the hotel. Perhaps you want to have lunch first?” Anita kept talking and talking.

As when and where I go, Anita kept following behind me. Sigh…I can’t even hide in a corner to cry.

“Anita. I would like to go back to the hotel now. Can you help me to buy some food and bring back to the hotel for me?” I asked.

“Yes, sure, Miss Song. What would you like?” Anita asked.

“Maybe some pizza.”

“Oh Pizza, I know a nice pizza around the corner. I will be back soon. You know your way back to the hotel? Or shall I walk you back?”

“Anita, is OK. I know the way back to the hotel. Please go and get the pizza, I am hungry.” And by then, her phone rang.

“Mr Gary?” Is Kang Gary.  “Yes yes, am now about to get some food for Miss Song.”

I don’t care what Kang Gary says, I just want to leave this place. I went back to the hotel. Packed my bags and checked out from the hotel. I got help from the hotel and within minutes, I was on the cab, on my way to the Airport.

Anita, I am sorry that I made you an irresponsible person. But I just want to escape from this place.

I called Unnie on the way to the airport, begged her not to ask any questions and get her help on arranging for the next flight back to Seoul.

After I hang up with Unnie, my phone started to beep with messages from Kang Gary and then messages from Gil Oppa.

“Mong Ji, where are you?”

“Mong Ji, I will meet you in the hotel in an hrs time.”

“Mong Ji, please, we need to talk.”

“Mong Ji, let me explain.“

”Song Ji Hyo, where are you? Please pick up my call.”

 “Ji Hyo, where are you, at least let me know where are you.”

“Ji Hyo, is Gil Oppa, can we talk? Kang Gary is going nuts soon.”

I finally reply Gil Oppa’s message. “Oppa, I will be on the flight back to Seoul soon. Please don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself. Thanks for taking care of me last night.” I switched off my mobile after the message passed through.

I just want to go back to Seoul as soon as possible and stay in bed and cry my heart out.