Hesitations

In Love with Kang Gary

Gary thought that his working trip in Seoul is only for 3 weeks, but it took him months instead of weeks. After Leessang had finished with filming of the TV commercial and activities for the product endorsement, the crew threw a small celebration party for Leessang at a pub. This is where Gary and Gil meet M Soul, a band group who plays hip hop and Jazz music. The Leessang crew was totally excited as the music concept of M Soul matches well with the theme of the next Leessang album that Gary and Gil had been working on.

M Soul is made up of 3 young guys and a young lady, with an average age group of 25 to 26 years old.  Both Leessang and M Soul hit off immediately when they discussed about music. The young band was invited to join the production team of Leessang’s next album. That also meant that Gary will have to stay back in Seoul to work on the album.

Gary missed both Ji Hyo and Hee Ji but at the same time he couldn’t give up on his love in music (and perhaps his life style in Seoul?).

 “Oppa, don’t worry. I am doing well in Paris. Nicole has been helping me to take care of  both the boutique and Hee Ji. Min Lee and Mike also visit me every week. My manager unnie is in Paris now, she will stay with me for the next 2 months to help me take care of things. Please work hard in Seoul.”

Ji Hyo has given her full support to Gary on his decision to stay behind in Seoul for his music. But still Gary wishes to see Mong Ji and his son every day. He wished that he could have his loved ones by his side while he work hard in Seoul as a musician. The only hesitations he had was, can he get used to the life style as a married man and a father.

When Gary was in Paris taking care of Ji Hyo during her pregnancy, Gary felt bored at times. At times he misses his "free soul" life style in Seoul. But Gary will pushes such thoughts aside.  "I must always think of myself as a married man. I have a lovely wife and a lovely son. I am blessed. I cannot just think about myself."

"“Regardless, let’s get Mong Ji and Hee Ji back in Seoul first. Mong Ji and I should get married as soon as possible. I can’t let Mong Ji be an unmarried mom for too long. I can try to adjust to family life slowly.” Gary decided that this should be his plan.

“Mong Ji, when can you and Hee Ji move back to Seoul? I missed the 2 of you so much.” Gary was almost begging in the phone.

“Did the doctor say when you and Hee Ji are fit to travel? I really wanted to see and touch the both of you so much.” Gary stretched out his hands to touch the screen of his ipad, he slides his fingers on Hee Ji’s little hand and palm his hands on Ji Hyo’s face. But all these were through the screen which was just a piece of cold glass.

Gary never gets any confirm dates from Ji Hyo about moving back to Seoul. Ji Hyo will always say that she prefers life in Paris at this stage and both mother and child are not fit to travel at this moment.


My heart ached upon hearing Kang Gary pleading for Hee Ji and myself to move back to Seoul.

“Oppa, work hard in Seoul. After you are done with your album, you can visit me and Hee Ji in Paris.” I tried to blink back my tears.

“Ji Hyo, if you are so in love with Kang Gary. Why not accept his proposal and move back to Seoul?” My manager unnie asked.

“Unnie, I thought you hated Kang Gary? You even deleted the emails he sent to me during his stay in Paris with Min Lee.” This has to go back to the time when Gary left Seoul with Min Lee to search for her husband, Mike, in Paris. Unnie hated Gary for hurting me so much. She wished that I can just break off with Gary, so she deleted all the emails that Gary send to me. With no words from Gary, I thought he has left me for another woman.

“Ji Hyo, yes, I still don’t like Kang Gary. I always think that you deserve some one better. And I don’t even think that he can get used to a family life. But the most important thing is not what I think. The most important thing is your heart. What do you want for yours and Hee Ji’s future.” My manager unnie is such a rational person.

 “Unnie, perhaps we can talk about this later. I am now in the midst of negotiating with the buyer for my KGMJ label.”

2 months after Gary left Paris, my KGMJ label was spotted by one of the leading fashion retailers in France. The CEO of the company decided to buy over my label. Once the contract is signed, I will be engaged as the head designer of my KGMJ, assistant designers will also be recruited to help me with my work.

I was overjoyed by the success of my efforts. But that will also meant that I can’t move back to Seoul for the next 1 or 2 years since I need to focus in establishing my label name in the France market.

I do not know how I should break the news to Kang Gary. This is good news for me for my career, but this is definitely a piece of bad news for Gary.

Honestly speaking, I did consider accepting Gary’s marriage proposal and move back to Seoul. I had even imagined my life in Seoul as a wife and a mother. After moving back to Seoul, I thought I can take up the role of a full time house wife. Taking care of Hee Ji at home, ensure that my husband comes home to a clean and tidy house and enjoy the dinner that I prepare for him every night. Once in a while, maybe I can play some small roles in a TV drama or in a movie. At the same time, I can also continue to work on my KGMJ label, pinning on hopes that my designs will be well received in the fashion industry in Seoul.

But this opportunity of working with a leading fashion retailer in France is like a dream, a chance in a life time. I am an ambitious person. How can I just let this opportunity slipped by? But how about my beloved Hee Ji and Gary? I have to scarify Gary and Hee Ji over my career choice, I am a selfish if I do that.

Also, I am doubtfully about if Gary can get used to a family life. From his daily activities posted in his instagram, he seems to be enjoying his single life in Seoul. Besides working on his album in his studio, he spent most of his time at the club or his restaurant.  Sometimes I even see female fans posting their photos with Gary on the social media. That made me jealous. What if he fell for those woman in the clubs? What if our marriage life turned out to be bad?  I know I should provide a compIete family life for Hee Ji, but is marriage really something I want?  At times, I wished that Kang Gary can just kidnap me and Hee Ji and bring us back to Seoul. This way, I do not need to think too much.

Too many thoughts flew through my mind. I am in a daze. I am suddenly lost. I do not know what to do.