Forgive but not forget

In Love with Kang Gary

Gary was disturbed from his sleep as his phone kept ringing. It was only 7 am in the morning. He quickly picked up the call and talked as softly as possible since Ji Hyo is still sleeping. He doesn’t want to wake her up.

Gary was smiling to himself while staring at Ji Hyo’s sleeping face while he picked up the call. He still remembered the passionate kisses last night and the hours that they had spent talking. As Ji Hyo fell asleep, Gary carried her to her bed and she held on to Gary’s hand. “Oppa, don’t go,” Ji Hyo mumbled in her sleep.

Gary tear up upon hearing these. It was a long time since he heard Ji Hyo calling him Oppa and she even asked him not to go. Gary took this as a sign that Ji Hyo is willing to forgive him. He invited himself to Ji Hyo’s bed and lie next to her.

Feeling something warm against her body, Ji hyo leaned closer to Gary and hug him tightly. “Oppa, don’t leave me.” Ji Hyo mumbled in her sleep again.

 “Hyung!” Gary was pulled back from his deep thoughts when he heard a familiar voice shouting from the other end of the phone. It was Haha.

“Hyung, you patched up with Ji Hyo? The media has a full coverage of you and Ji Hyo this morning, saying that you entered her apartment and stayed over for the night. Are you still at Ji Hyo’s place? Wow, dabek.”

“Haha ar…You shouldn’t have woke me up. Hang up now.” Gary quickly hung up the call. He knew that many people will start calling him, so he switched off his phone.

Gary went back to bed quickly. Actually he did not want to sleep, he just want to keep hugging Ji Hyo.

Just then Ji Hyo’s phone started ringing. Gary quickly closed his eyes and pretend to sleep.


What time is it, why did my phone have to ring. Isn’t today a rest day for me? I was swearing inside my heart. I tried to reach for the phone from the bed side table and I felt something warm next to me.

 “Hello.” I muttered with my eyes closed. “Ji Hyo, is Unnie. Did you patch back with Kang Gary? The media reported that he stayed overnight at your place.”

“Ha?” I quickly opened my eyes and realized that Kang Gary was lying next to me.

“Yeh! Kang Gary, what are you doing here!” I yelled .

Gary quickly opened his eyes. He was clearly taken aback by my reactions.

“Ji hyo??” Ji Hyo’s unnie voice kept coming from my phone.

Gary pointed at the phone and I quickly hung up with Unnie. “Unnie, I will call you back later.”

“Kang Gary. What do you think you are doing on my bed??!!” I yelled at Kang Gary again.

“Er…..you were the one who asked me not to leave last night.” Gary rubbed the back of his head, not knowing what to say.

“ Me???” I looked at Gary with a mong face. “I asked you not to go? How dare you say these words, Kang Gary.” I threw a pillow at Gary and wanted to move forward to hit him when he hit the flying pillow with his punch and the pillow bounced back to me. I almost fell off the bed when Gary pulled me in and again, I ended up in Gary’s arms (again).

“No matter how hard you hit me, I am not going to let you go again.”  Gary held on to me tightly and buried his face on my shoulders.

“Kang Gary…..” I wanted to scream, but before I knew, tears streamed down my cheeks.

 “Kang Gary, I hate you. Why do you make me suffer. I Hate you.” I was crying like a little baby, clinging tightly to Gary.


As more and more reporters gathered outside the lobby of my apartment, Gary and I had no choice but to contact our managers. Our managers arrived at my place with different expressions on their faces.

My manager unnie had this frustrated expression on her face and her hair was in a mess. Gary bowed politely at unnie when she entered my apartment, but unnie glared at him angrily before giving me the same glare. That made Kang Gary nervous and I try to act mong.

Unlike my manger unnie, Gary’s manager was smiling all over and patted Gary’s on his back, I saw him raising a thumb to Gary and whispered something at his ears. Gary’s face went all red and started shaking his head.

“We need to think of a way to smuggle Kang Gary out of Ji Hyo’s apartment.” Unnie said.

“Why do we need to smuggle Gary out? Every one saw him coming in here last night and if no one sees him going out today, won’t that invite more gossips?” Gary’s manager objected to the idea.

“And what will the media and fans think if they see Kang Gary walking out from Ji Hyo’s apartment? This will damage our Ji Hyo’s reputation and is not healthy for her image and career.” Unnie trying to find grounds for her points.

“But is TRUE that Gary spend the night here. And many fans actually wanted them together again! Didn’t you read the comments from the Net Citizens. Gary and Ji Hyo was voted as the 'Couple to fall in love again after breakup.", 1st place. Debak!” Gary’s manager urge back again.

And soon, the 2 of them started debating with each other.

“OK OK, enough.” I tried to stop them. “Does anyone here bothers to ask us about what happened? And what we plan to do?” I threw back my question.

“So ?” Unnie and Gary’s manager chorused their replies at the same time.

“I think…..” as I talked, I turned around and looked at Kang Gary. “There is indeed no need to smuggle Kang Gary out from my place. He did spend the night here though nothing actually happened between us.” Gary’s manager first shouted a “Yeah!” and followed with a disappointed expression.

“Kang Gary can walk out of here like how he would leave a friend’s apartment after visiting an old friend, after chatting with an old friend for a night.” I said.

“FRIEND?” Gary responded with a surprise expression. “FRIEND? YOU mean FRIEND?” He kept repeating his words. “Yes, Kang Gary, I said Friend.”

“But Ji Hyo, I thought…….we have patched up.” Gary started to get nervous again.

“Gary Oppa, as I mentioned last night, let’s take things slowly. I am not too sure about my heart now. I thought I still love you, but the next minute I thoiught perhaps we can jus be friends. I can forgive you but I need time to forget what happened between you and your ex girlfriend.”

“Kang Gary, let me tell you. Our Ji Hyo has lots of suitors. You are nothing compared with them.” Unnie glared at Gary again.

“Hey, our Gary also has a long queue of girls waiting for him at the pub every night.” Gary’s manager screamed back.

“Then he can go to his girls.” Unnie screamed back.

“OK OK, Enough.” Gary tried to calm down his manager. “I will do what Ji Hyo wants. I respect Ji Hyo’s decisions. I will walk out of here like a friend visiting an old friend. Nothing had happened.  I will tell the media that Ji Hyo is just like an old friend to me and we were chatting the whole night.”

“You think the media will believe that?” Gary’s manager asked.

“I don’t care if the media will believe. As long as Ji Hyo wants me to do it, I will do it.” Gary said. “And…….Mong Ji ar…….Thank you for forgiving me, I know you need time to forget. And I agree that we should take things slowly.”

“Oppa, thank you for your understanding.” I hugged Kang Gary.

Holding on tightly to my hug, Gary reminded me of these emails he send to me when we broke up. “Mong Ji….if you have time, please read these emails I send to you. I hope after you have finish read these emails, you can understand what Oppa went through and where Oppa has left his heart."