Goodbye, Kang Gary

In Love with Kang Gary

The press conference that was supposed to be hosted by Leessang’s agency was cancelled. I took time off to visit Kim Min Lee at the hospital the following day. She was crying into the arms of Kang Gary.

Sam (Leessang’s assistant) told me that Mike, Min Lee’s husband could not accept the fact that Min Lee actually stepped up to protect Kang Gary without considering the feelings of him and his family who are living in Seoul.  They had a fight in the hospital, Mike left Seoul without even saying a good bye.

“Gary Oppa, what should I do? I can’t live without Mike. I love him. What will happen to me and my baby. My baby needs a father.” Min Lee couldn’t stop crying. The doctor was called in to give her some pills to stable her condition.

“Doctor Yoon, are you sure that is OK for Min Lee to take these pills. She is pregnant.” Gary questioned the doctor.

“Mr Kang. Don’t worry, I am the doctor, I know what I am doing. The medications can help her to stable her condition. But what is important now is the support she gets from her family and friends.”

“Thank you, doctor Yoon. I will make sure I visit Min Lee every day to keep her accompanied.” Gary gave his assurance to the doctor.

Starting from that day onwards, I was being shut off from Kang Gary’s daily routines. He will work on his album in the mornings, visit Kim Min Lee at the hospital to have lunch with her in the afternoons, go back to work in his studio in the late afternoons and back to the hospital to have dinner with Min Lee. At times, he will spend his nights in the hospital to chat and keep Min Lee accompanied.

I was chased by the media about my views on Gary’s scandal with Kim Min Lee.  I was questioned about my relationship with Kang Gary. But what can I say and what do I say? In the press statement released by Leessang’s agency, it was stated that “Miss Song Ji Hyo and Mr Kang Gary are just good friends, we hope that the media can keep Miss Song Ji Hyo out of the scandal.”  Friends, we are just good friends. His good friend, Song Ji Hyo is actually carrying his baby.

There was a few times which I tried to engage Kang Gary to talk to me.  I would go to his studio to wait for him but his assistants will always tell me that Gary Hyung is busy or Gary Hyung is at the hospital with Kim Min Lee.

I finally gave up after 2 weeks since Gil Oppa told me that Kang Gary flew to Paris with Kim Min Lee in search for her husband.

“Ji Hyo, please wait for Gary. He has to make sure that Min Lee and Mike patch back and their baby arrived in a happy family with both mummy and daddy smiling at it.” Kang Gary had asked Gil Oppa to pass me the message.

Kang Gary, I am your girlfriend but you did not even bother to take time to inform me that you left Seoul. How long should I wait? Even if I can wait for you, my stomach will not be able to wait.

“Kang Gary, you left your girlfriend and your child behind and left with another woman.” I laughed helpless and bitterly at my own thoughts. How ridiculous.


With all the reporters trailing me on my back, I did not have a chance to do a proper health check up for myself and my baby. But I knew that I have to be strong. Though I was upset with my manager unnie for helping Kim Lee Min without informing me, leading to all the misunderstandings between Gary and me, I had no energy to fight with her.  She was the only one who cares and takes care of me when she knew that I was pregnant.

 “Ji Hyo ar….unnie will support your decision of keeping the child. But you can’t hide your belly forever. It will show sooner or later. I had arranged for you to leave Seoul upon your 5th month of pregnancy. The agency will release a press statement to say that you had decided to go back to school to enrich yourself in the areas of acting and movies making.”

“Unnie, I will just follow your instructions.” I was too lost and too exhausted to make any decisions or judgments. With all the pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness, dizziness, muscle cramps coming up, all I could do was rest, sleep and eat to keep myself and my baby strong.

My situation was also discussed with the RM PD. With Kang Gary leaving the cast again so that he can focus on promoting Leessang’s new album in the US, and my situation doesn’t allow me to work on the RM project anymore, PD decided to call it a quit for RM.  It was announced that RM will end at chapter 230.  Filming will be 2 months later.

“Miss Ji Hyo, am not too sure about your condition. I hope you will be able to join us for the last chapter of RM.” PD raised his request about the last chapter.

“PD,  I really appreciate your understanding. If I can make it for the last chapter, I will make sure I come back for it.” But in my heart, there were too much considerations to make. Will my stomach be showing 2 months later? I will meet Kang Gary? He will still be mad at me by then?

My baby grew faster than I had expected. I could not hide my belly anymore upon my 3rd month of pregnancy. That meant is time for me to stop all my projects. That also meant that I can’t join the cast for the filming of the last chapter of RM.

Unnie had arranged for me to take my rest in Paris since our agency had good contacts in this capital of France and Unnie’s sister is also a resident in Paris. “Ji Hyo, there will be lots of people to take good care of you in Paris.”

I farewell the crew of RM. Kwang Soon and Jong Kok Oppa were the only members who knew about my pregnancy. I did not tell them who is the father of my child. But I guess they knew it was Kang Gary.

I left for Paris on the following day. I cried my eyes out in the plane. Unnie was holding on to my hands tightly to give me all the support I need.

Kang Gary, where are you? Where are you when I had needed you? Why are you so mean to me and our baby.

Kang Gary, good bye. I will take good care of myself and my baby. You take good care of your Kim Min Lee. Perhaps you can consider to be the father of her child if Mike doesn’t comes back. I wished you happiness in life and I hope you will get to meet the girl of your dream soon.