Don't run away from me

In Love with Kang Gary

Kang Gary was overjoyed with the arrival of Hee Ji. He refused to leave the hospital for even 1 minute. Besides checking on my condition every now and then, he took pictures of Hee Ji, shared these with Gil and Leessang’s crew, the RM members, Kim Min Lee and Mike.

“Mong Ji, Gil and Sam send their congrats. Kwang Soo and the hyungs said they wanted to fly in to Paris to visit you and Hee Ji. RM PD praises our baby, he said Hee Ji got your eyes and mouth, my nose and my jaw line. I totally agree with PD.” Gary was telling me about the blessings from his friends with excitement.

 “I want to share my happiness with the whole world.” Gary was about to post the photos of himself, Hee Ji and me on his twitter when I stopped him.

“Kang Gary, are you overwhelmed with happiness? You can’t post these photos on your twitter. What will the media says if they see these? What will my manger unnie and my CEO say when they see these photos. I had not told my manager unnie that you were with staying with me for the past 3 months.” I was really frustrated with Gary of not thinking about the consequences.

“Oppa, you were already over doing it by sharing the photos with so many of your friends. I am very concern if any of your friends may forward the pictures to the media.” I frowned as I was still suffering from the wounds of giving birth.

“Mong Ji. I am sorry. Please don’t get angry. I thought is ok to share the photos with our friends and fans since we shall be getting married soon. Please forgive me.” Gary quickly apologized and pleaded with puppy eyes.

“Oppa, why not you go home and take a rest? Have some sleep, you had not been blinking your eyes for the past 72 hours.”

“No, I want to stay with my wife and my Hee Ji. We can also discuss about our wedding. I thought we can have our wedding held in Seoul. I can get my crew to make the necessary preparations. When you and Hee Ji’s situation is more stable, we can fly back to Seoul for the wedding. Maybe Nicole can help to design your wedding grown. We can invite……..” Gary kept talking about our wedding plans. It seems like he already had the whole plan in his brain.

“Oppa, please….enough…..” I tried to wipe off the tears from my eyes. I did not want Kang Gary to see me crying when I did not even know why I am crying. Am I touched by his wedding plans? Or am I frustrated with him not even asking if I will want to marry him? Or I am still upset with his act of posting and sharing our baby’s photos without my consent? Or is it because I can't bring myself to trust him again even when he had shown much efforts in taking care of our relationship?

I turned my back against Kang Gary and closed my eyes. “Oppa, please go home and get some rest. You can come and visit Hee Ji later. Also…..I…..I…. I never thought of marrying you.” I spit out the words, leaving Kang Gary with his mouth agape.


Gary was dumbfounded by Ji Hyo’s reply.

“I never thought of marrying you.” The words from Ji Hyo echoed through Gary’s mind, these are like a hammer, hitting onto his heart the whole night. He couldn’t sleep at all. Gary felt Ji Hyo has just sentenced him to death without even telling him why.

“What did I do wrong? I thought Ji Hyo is happy to have me by her side. We had so many sweet and happy moments for the past 3 months. STRESS!” Gary couldn’t figure out the answers. He decided to talk to Nicole about it. Perhaps Nicole will know why.


“Gary Oppa, did you ever proposed to Ji Hyo unnie?” Nicole asked when Gary told him about Ji Hyo words the next day in their boutique.

“Er……I …..I did not. I just asked if she wants the wedding in Seoul or Paris. But later I told her that we can do it in Seoul. My crew in Seoul can help with the preparations. You mean Mong Ji is angry because I never proposed?” Gary rubbed the back of his head. “How stupid I am. Why didn’t I propose?” Gary hit his forehead and banged his head on the table.

“But Oppa, you have confident that Ji Hyo unnie will agree to your proposal?” Nicole asked again while slipping her iced chocolate from her glass.

“Nicole, what do you mean? Ji Hyo will reject me and my proposal?” Gary couldn’t understand what Nicole was trying to drive at.

“Oppa. I ever asked unnie if she has any plans to marry you after giving birth to Hee Ji. She didn’t come up with any concrete answers. I can see the hesitation in her eyes. Oppa, I always think that you are a good and romantic man, so I don’t understand why unnie has hesitations. She just told me that she needs to find a way to trust you again.” Nicole left Gary into deep thoughts while she served the customers who had just walked into the shop.

“Trust. Mong Ji must have lost her confident in me after I had hurt her for 2 times in our relationship. How can I make her believe in me that I will be a good husband and a good father?” Gary kept thinking to himself.

Just then, Gary’s mobile phone rang. It was Gil.

“Kang Gary, congrats! You are a father now! I still find hard to believe it. Our Kang Gary, the free and individual soul, now a father.” Gil exclaimed in the other end of the phone.

“Gary ar…..you are a daddy now. You need to take up the responsibility to grooming and feeding your son and your family. The Leessang company had signed up 2 product endorsements for you and Leessang. Now Ji Hyo had given birth. Come back to Seoul soon for the product filming and photo shots, we also need to discuss about our next album.  You have left for too long, come back and work.” Gil said.


After Hee Ji and I were discharged from the hospital, Gary told me about the plans his agency had made for him.

“Gil Oppa is right. You left Seoul for too long. It is time for you go back to work.” I told Gary while feeding Hee Ji.

“How about you and Hee Ji? I will miss the both of you. Mong Ji, please, will you and Hee Ji come back with me to Seoul?” Kang Gary kneed on the floor, took out a ring from his pocket. His eyes were filled with love and sincerity.

“Mong Ji, will you marry me?  I know this is not the most romantic proposal. I don’t have any flowers with me, no candles and you were…..were actually feeding.” Gary said.

I couldn’t help but threw my head back and laughed. “Yes, Kang Gary. This is the most unromantic proposal I had never heard of.”

“Oppa, I really need time to think. Marriage is a no-nonsense decision. Honestly speaking, I wasn’t ready for marriage but I am sure that I am well and fully prepared for motherhood. Oppa, are you ready for marriage?  Don’t force yourself into something that you are not ready just because of Hee Ji.” I told Gary in a serious tone.

“Mong Ji, I know you have doubts in me. I will come back to Paris with a good answer about our future to make you regain your trust in me. “ Gary left Paris for work in Seoul on the following week.

Hee Ji and myself were at the airport to send Gary off. Gary hugged Hee Ji in his hands, kissed him on his tiny face and hands. He passed Hee Ji to Min Lee and pulled me in for a hug. He couldn’t let go till his boarding announcement was made.

“Mong Ji, promised that you will not run away from me.” I nodded. Gary ran this fingers through my hair and planted a passionate kiss on my lips.

I am starting to miss him as he walked through the boarding gates.