Twins?

In Love with Kang Gary

2 years later.

“Mong Ji, Oppa has just touched down.” Gary had just returned from his concert tour in Asia.

“Oppa, I am parking the car. I will be at the arrival hall soon. We need to hurry. The wedding starts in an hour’s time. I also need to pick up Hee Ji from the nursery.” I ran towards the arrival hall of Incheon International Airport or rather I was actually running into the arms of my beloved Oppa.

The Kang family together with Gil Oppa arrived at the wedding halls 10 minutes before the wedding starts.

“Kwang Soo, congrats! Finally, your big day has come. You are an adult now.” Both Gary and Gil shake Kwang Soo’s hand and gave him a pat on his back.

“I will check on Nicole in the bride’s room.” I told the oppas.

Yes, today is the wedding day of Lee Kwang Soo and Nicole Park, two of my dearest dongsaengs.

After my KGMJ label was bought over, Nicole relocated herself to Seoul to help me to launch the label in Korea. Though Nicole is born in Korea, she migrated with her family to Paris when she was 10 years old. When she came back to Seoul to help me with the project, she was alone. I had very much wanted to take care of her, but I was juggling life between work and family also. I felt guilty that I do not have much time for Nicole. Fortunately, Kwang Soo has volunteered himself to take care of my dongsaeng. And they fell in love. A perfect match.

As the Kwang Soo, Nicole couple marched down the aisles. I couldn’t control my tears. I was truly happy for them.

“Appa, why is eomma crying?” Hee Ji shook Gary’s hands and asked nervously.

“Eomma is happy for Uncle Kwang Soo and Aunt Nicole. “ Gary Oppa put one of his hands on my waist while his other hand wiped off my tears with his handkerchief.


After the wedding ceremony has ended, the guests went to the dining hall for the wedding cocktail party.

“Mong Ji, I wonder if you will flood the wedding halls with your tears if is your own wedding.” Gary mumbled softly.

“Oppa, did you say something?” Ji Hyo asked Gary while blowing her nose.

“Nope, I didn’t say anything. Hee Ji, remember to eat the carrots.” Gary replied and pretended that he is busy getting Hee Ji to finish his food.

“Appa, I hate carrots.” Hee Ji whined.

“No, Hee Ji. Be a good boy and eat the carrots. You will become a strong guy like appa if you eat more carrots and vegetables.”

“Appa, can I play with Dream Hyung if I finish the carrots?” Hee Ji asked.

“Yes, as long as you be a good boy and finish them.” Gary smiled at Hee Ji.


Gary accompanied Hee Ji to find Haha, Byul and Dream while I sat at the sofa talking to Nicole.

“Ji Hyo unnie, I am going to toss my bridal bouquet to you later. Please ensure you catch it.”

“Nicole, I am already a mother. I am not fit to receive your bridal bouquet.” I laughed.

“Unnie, but you are not married yet. I hope that once you receive the bridal bouquet, Gary Oppa will propose to you again, and get married quickly. I will toss the bouquet slightly to the left near the stage, please stand there and ensure you catch it. ” Nicole was really excited at her plans.

“Nicole, is not necessary …………..”

“Unnie, please….remember, to the left of the stage.” Before I can finish my sentence, Nicole went off to take a photo with her friends and again, urging me to catch the bouquet later.

So what if I catch the bouquet. Gary may not propose to me. For the past 1 year, the words like “ Shall we get registered?”, “ When are you free to get our marriage certificate?”, “ Shall we sign our marriage papers next week?” were rarely heard from Gary. Maybe he was already tired of getting rejections from me.

Actually I did not reject his proposals, I was just pushing the dates backwards due to our hectic schedules. Also, to me, marriage is not as important as long as Gary loves me and our child. But I guess all these delays become rejections in Gary’s eyes, he then stopped asking about our marriage dates.

I looked at the directions where Hee Ji and Dream were playing, both boys running around with their daddy chasing behind them. I watched the boys playing while eating the salmon sashimi. Suddenly I felt giddy, the fishy smell from the raw fish make me feel like throwing up. I stood up, ran to the toilet, locked myself in one of the cubicles and threw out.

“I think I ate too much tonight.”


“Oppa, can you shower Hee Ji and put him to sleep tonight. I am a bit exhausted today. I want to rest early.” Gary noticed that Ji Hyo looked pale and tired after the wedding party.

“Mong Ji, are you feeling unwell?” Gary put his hands on Ji Hyo’s forehead to see if she is having any fever.

“I am just tired.” Ji Hyo replied. “Hee Ji, come to eomma and kiss eomma good night.”

Ji Hyo went straight to bed after her shower.

Gary sat at the living room. He browsed through the photos taken during Kwang Soo’s wedding. He stopped at the photo where Ji Hyo shed tears of joy for her dongsaengs.

“Mong Ji ar….when can we have a wedding of our own?” Gary slide his fingers on his camera screen across Ji Hyo’s face and her tears.

Flashback

“Gary Hyung, Nicole and myself are getting married today. How about you and Ji Hyo nuna? No plans?” Kwang Soo asked.

“I don’t know. I am afraid that she will reject me again. I am sort of lost. I am not sure why Mong Ji kept pushing back our wedding dates. Her KGMJ label has already established in the Seoul market. I even adjusted my life style to suit hers, I clubbed less and drink less. Sometimes I wonder if because I am not good enough for her.” Gary sighed.

“Hyung, don’t think that way. Ji Hyo has always loved you. We can tell. How about getting a second child? Maybe Ji Hyo will push you into marriage once she has the second child.” Haha suggested.

“Maybe. I am also looking forward to a second child. But I know Ji Hyo is on pills. You know your hyung sometimes lost control and forget to wear protection, so Ji Hyo is always on pills.” Gary sighed.

End of Flashback


The giddiness and the nauseousness did not go away the next morning. I am even getting abdomen pain, I could not wake up from bed.

“Mong Ji, what happened? Is it food poisoning? Or you ate too much yesterday.” Gary was worried.

“Oppa, I don’t know…..”

Gary scooped me up from my bed. “ I am bringing you to the doctor.”

“Oppa, wait. Why my pajamas are wet.” I touched my pajamas and looked at the bed sheets. There were  patches of red stains.

“Oh god, Mong Ji! These are blood. What happened?” Gary turned pale as he looked at the patches of red stains on my pajamas and bedsheets.

“Hee Ji, come quickly, hold on to Appa’s pants, we need to send your eomma to the hospital.”

Hee Ji looked at me with eyes widely opened. He started to cry.  “Eomma……….” Hee Ji couldn’t stop crying and refused to move.

“Hee Ji, be a good boy, listen to Appa.” I said weakly.


“Mr Kang, please take good care of your wife. She is 1 month pregnant. I suspect she is carrying twins. She needs more vitamins and rest for her body. She has to stay in bed till the fetus become more stable.” I heard the doctor telling Gary. My eyes were still closed.

Twins? Pregnant? I was on pills, wasn’t I? How come I am pregnant?

“Thank you doctor.” I can feel the joy in Gary’s voice. Just then I heard Gary's phone ring

“Jang mo nim (mother in law), yes, thank god that both Ji Hyo and the babies are fine. " That must be my mum.

"My heart almost stopped when I see her bleeding. Yes, she needs more rest. The doctor says she might be carrying twins. Yes, I am very happy.Don't worry, I will take good care of Ji Hyo. Thank you Jang mo nim, you are a genius."

"Oppa, I heard the doctor says I am pregnant with twins. My babies are ok? Did anything bad happened? Where is Hee Ji? " I was still feeling weak. What I am afriad is that something bad will happen to my babies.

"Mong Ji, you are awake." Upon hearing my voice, Gary quickly rushed to my bed.

"I had asked my crew to take care of Hee Ji. He got frightened seeing his eomma lying on bed. But I had told him that you will be fine. He fell asleep and I got my crew to bring him home. Our twins are doing fine. Don't worry." Gary held on to my hands and tried to comfort me.

"Mong Ji ar.....thank you for giving me a pair of twins. Oppa is very thankful. God has treated me well. Lovely wife, lovely children. I feel that I am the happiest person in this world. " Gary kissed me on y cheeks, tears gushed through his eyes.