Overdoing it

In Love with Kang Gary

Kang Gary woke up with a stinging feeling on his hand. He held his hand and sighed.

“Oppa, is it painfully?” Gary heard a familiar voice. It was Ji Hyo.

 “Oppa, I bought you eggs and toast for breakfast, and your coffee.”

Gary Oppa rubbed his eyes, stared at me with his mouth agape, seems like he couldn’t believe that I was here with him.

“Ji Hyo, you were here with me the whole night?” Gary asked.

I don’t feel good about leaving Kang Gary alone in the hospital, what if he woke up and stabbed his own hand again? Haha Oppa needed to go home to take care of his family and Gil Oppa needed to rush off early in the morning for filming. So I decided to stay with Gary at the hospital for the night.

“Yes, Oppa, but you were too drunk to notice.” I laughed. “Oppa, eat your breakfast. The doctor said you are ready to be discharged. Remember, don’t let your wound come in contact with any water. Bandage it well when you are taking your shower. I need to rush off for my filming.” I picked up my car keys (I was in a rush last night and did not even bring my hand bag with me).

“Ji Hyo, have some breakfast first. Did you eat? There is only 1 set of breakfast?” Gary asked.

“Oppa, I did not bring my wallet with me. I have to comb out all the coins in my car to get you these food. I only had enough for 1 set.” Somehow, that reminded me of the scene we had in the early chapters of RM where Gary Oppa bought me a cup of ice coffee and he also only had enough coins to buy 1 cup.

“Ji Hyo, thank you.” Kang Gary pulled me to his side and buried his face on my tummy and hands tightly around my waist.


Gary went home to shower, get changed and went back to his studio to work on his music after he was discharged. He was beaming widely when he wrote his lyrics.

“Ji Hyo stayed with me in the hospital for one whole night.”

 “ Ji Hyo bought me breakfast.”

“ Ji Hyo, oh….so sweet. “

Endless inspirations flow through Kang Gary’s mind. He kept writing and working on his music till 3 am in the morning and fell asleep in his studio.

It was already 1 pm when Gary woke up. He was rubbing his eyes when he heard his phone beeped. “Messages, must be something from Gil.”

10:00 am. From Mong Ji “Oppa, the shower head in my bathroom came off. The tap was having some problems too. Can you come to my place tonight to help me to fix it? My address is xxxxxxx.”

10:30 am. From Mong Ji. “Oppa, can you come to help me tonight?”

11:15 am. From Mong Ji. “Oppa, did you receive my message? Are you free tonight?”

11:30 am. From Mong Ji. “Oppa?”

12:30 pm. From Mong Ji. “Kang Gary, I am sorry to disturb you. I meet Simon D at the photo studio. He said you had agreed to meet him at the club tonight. So, I see that you are busy. Please forget about what I had asked. I will get Dong Wook or Jong Kok Oppa to help me tonight."

“.” Gary cursed. “Why am I such a sleepy head.”

“Lee Dong Wook again? And Jong Kok Hyung? First there was Mr CEO, then Kim Jong Kok and now Lee Dong Wook. STRESSED. I can’t let other men  have the chance to help Ji Hyo. What if Ji Hyo falls for any one of them. I can’t miss this good chance to be with my Mong Ji.” Gary got so jealous over Dong Wook and Jong Kok. He quickly changed into his t-shirts and jeans and headed straight away to the hardware shop and bought all the necessary tools and a new tap and shower head. He stayed in the shop for hours, asking for advise from the shop owner on how to change the taps and shower head.

After Gary is confident that he can do a good job of fixing Ji Hyo’s problems on the taps, he messaged Ji Hyo.

“Oppa can come tonight. I will help you to fix the problem. No need for Dong Wook to come.”

Ji Hyo replied an hour later. “Oppa is OK. You don’t need to come tonight. Dong Wook has already agreed to help me tonight. Is more convinent for him to come since he just stay a few blocks away from me. There is no need to trouble you. You can enjoy yourself at the club. Thank you."

“I don’t care. I will still go to Ji Hyo’s place tonight regardless what she says.” Gary packed all the tools into his car and was ready to set off any minute to Ji Hyo’s place.


I was a bit upset that Gary Oppa only replied my message at 4 pm in the afternoon. Maybe I shouldn’t ask him to help since the wound on his hand is still fresh and the wound is not supposed to come in contact with water. But is not about the wound, is it? Simon D said that they were supposed to meet at the club tonight. Club, Club, Club. What is so nice about these clubs? The drinks? The music or the girls.

Girls? I pouted my lips. The picture of Kang Gary dancing with the y girls surfaced in my mind. I was jealous.

I reached home from filming and received a parcel at the security counter of my apartment. It was a set of pink shower head and tap from Jong Kok Oppa. “Ji Hyo, sorry that I can’t help you to fix the bathroom problem since I will be flying to Malaysia for Fans meeting tonight. I hope you like this set of pink taps. Love, Jong Kok Oppa”

It is really nice of Jong Kok Oppa. And before Dong Wook can reach my place, I thought maybe I can try to start fixing the taps first. I changed into a white T-shirts and shorts and started working on the taps.

Women are always lousy with technical stuffs and tools like screw drivers and nails and hammers. I messed up with the taps and the water sprayed into my face and got me entirely drenched. Just then, the door bell rang. I quickly off the tap and run to door. There was two men standing at my door, Kang Gary and Lee Ding Wook looking at me with blushing faces.

“Lee Dong Wook, turned around. I am going to dig your eyes out. Be careful of what your eyes are looking at.” Kang Gary yelled at Dong Wook and covered Dong Wook’s eyes with 1 hand.

“What?” I asked. "Kang Gary, why are you here? You not going to the club tonight?"

 “Mong Ji, go in and changed, NOW, quickly. “ Kang Gary shouted at me and pointed at my t-shirt.

Oh…I was wearing a white t-shirt and I was drenched. The white T-shirt was clinging to my body. Through my wet and white T-shirt, my bra lines were clearly seen and I was wearing a black bra.

My turn to blush. I quickly ran back into my room and get changed immediately.

Both men bought a set of tap and shower head but I choose to install the ones from Jong kok Oppa. With the help from Dong Wook and Gary, the taps and shower heads were neatly installed within an hours' time.

To thank both Dong Wook and Gary, I made spicy army stew for dinner to feed these 2 men.

“Dong Wook, I never know that you were so good in handy jobs.” I praised Dong Wook while having dinner. “Please eat more. I know you like ramen.” I kept scooping ramen and soup into Dong Wook’s bowl.

Kang Gary was extremely quiet throughout dinner. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him staring at his food and not eating. From his sulky and moody expression, I knew he was jealous. I actually find it fun to make him jealous. Maybe I should more.

“Kang Gary, you don’t like my cooking? Why aren’t you eating.”

“No no, Mong Ji, the food is delicious.” Gary sat up immediately and started eating.

“Dong Wook ar….you are sweating. Is it too warm? Shall I get you a towel?” I asked.

“Ji Hyo, no problems. I am OK. Maybe you can get Gary Hyung one. He is sweating also.”I can see that Dong Wook was feeling embrassed of being sandwiched between Gary and me.

But I just want to tease Kang Gary more and made him jealous. “Dong Wook, why not you go to my bedroom to get the towels while I get more food from the kitchen. You knew where I kept the towels right?” Dong Wook helped me a lot when I was moving into this apartment and he actually helped to unpack some of my stuffs.

Gary pouted his lips and pulled a long face immediately when he heard these.

“Yeh! Why Lee Dong Wook knew where are the towels??” Gary can’t hold it any more and yelled.

“Kang Gary, why are you yelling at Dong Wook?” I shouted back.

“You two can finish the dinner. I am leaving.” Kang Gary stormed out of my apartment.

“Hyung, please…you misunderstood.” Dong Wook tried to stop Gary from leaving.

“Dong Wook, let him go. I can’t help it if he is so petty.”

Kang Gary walked out and slammed the door of my apartment.

I was trying to make Gary jealous but did I overdo it? I feel so bad.