Miss Song vs Mrs Kang

In Love with Kang Gary

After warded in the hospital for 2 weeks, I was finally allowed to go home. Gary and my manager unnie were here to fetch me home. My manager unnie went to pay for my medical fees while Gary stayed in the ward to discuss with the doctor (Dr Han) about my situation.

“Miss Song, time for you to go home. Congrats.” Dr Han walked through my patient's records for the final confirmation.

“Mrs Kang. She is Mrs Kang.” Gary tried to correct Dr Han.

“You both were not married right? Anyway, Miss Song, I know that this is your second pregnancy. Who is the gynecologist or doctor who handled your case during your first pregnancy? I need to transfer your case to the doctor you preferred. After all, you were transferred here by the ER doctors.” Doctor Han asked.

“Er….Dr Han, I did not have a chance to visit any doctors in Seoul during my first pregnancy. It was until my 4th month of pregnancy that I visited a doctor for regular check ups, and that was in Paris.” I revealed the situation to Dr Han.

“What? No regular check ups at your early stages of pregnancy? That is very dangerous for the mother and the child. If any forms of complications were discovered early, it will be good for both mother and child. I guess no complications for your first child?” Dr Han threw an angry look at Gary. Gary blushed.

“Dr Han, my first child is a healthy boy. He is almost 3 years old now.” I told Dr Han.

“Miss Song…..” Dr Han tried to continue the discussions when Gary cut him off again.

“Doctor, is Mrs Kang.” Gary corrected Dr Han again.

“Mr Kang, you are the father of Miss Song’s first child?” Dr Han get agitated and asked.

“Yes, OF COURSE I AM. That’s why she is Mrs Kang, not Miss Song.” Gary was getting agitated too.

“Then what are you doing during Miss Song’s early stages of pregnancy for her first child?” Dr Han threw another agitated glance at Gary.

“First or second pregnancy, a woman needs full support from her family, especially her husband. Mr Kang, please keep this in mind.” Dr Han reminded Gary in a harsh tone.

“So Mr Kang and Miss Song, do you need a list of recommended gynecologist and doctors from our hospital? If yes, I will ask my nurse to pass you the list after the check out procedures are completed.” Dr Han asked.

“Dr Han, I thought perhaps you can be my gynecologist? You are very professional.” I asked Dr Han.

“Me? Miss Song, you made a good choice. You can arrange for the next check up with my nurse, Mrs Nam. You will be in good hands.” Dr Han left the ward for Gary and myself to pack up for the discharge.

“Oppa, you are OK with my decision of letting Dr Han take care of our twins? Sorry that I was too fast into making the decision and did not consult you. I thought Dr Han is quite professional.” I apologized to Gary for not asking him for his opinions. He is the father of the twins.

“Mong Ji ar….I am fine with your decision as long as you feel comfortable. But Stress!! This Dr Han, I already told me many times that you are Mrs Kang, not Miss Song. Why couldn’t he address his patients properly and correctly?” Gary complained, pouting his lips.

“Oppa, you are always so cute.” I laughed at Gary’s reactions towards the ‘Mrs Kang and Miss Song incident’.


Gary was very quiet during our ride home. Instead it was my manager unnie who kept talking. Though I am no longer an artist under C-Jes, I still keep in contact with my manager unnie. She is still the person of contact whenever magazines or TV shows wanted to invite me for photography sessions or interviews.

“Ji Hyo ar….to let you know, CEO Baek sends his regards. Also, I just handed in my resignation today.” Unnie told me in the car ride home.

“Unnie, you resigned?” I was rather shocked with the news.

“Yes, I resigned. Ji Hyo ar…you know, is so difficult to take care of young artists nowadays. They show no respect to their managers. Their managers are the ones planning their career movements but yet they see managers as maids, asking them to run errands such as buying coffee and lunch. “ Unnie sighed.

Unnie and myself continued to discuss about her plans while Gary drove quietly. The conversation continued during dinner and I noticed that Gary was still still very quiet besides talking and taking care of Hee Ji.

I was finally alone with Gary after my manger unnie left and with Hee Ji already in bed.

“Oppa, is there something wrong? You seemed very quiet today. Not feeling well? Too exhausted from taking care of Hee Ji and me?” I was worried.

“Mong Ji….I…..I….I am sorry.” Gary looked into my eyes and apologized.

“Oppa, what do you mean? Are you referring to ganging up with my mum to swapped my birth control pills to vitamins?” I looked at Gary whose eyes were filled with guilt and remorse.

“Mong Ji, you were aware that your mum swapped your pills?” Gary was surprised.

“Yes, I asked Nicole to bring the pills to the doctors to check since I am afraid that these pills may do harm to my babies. I was 1 month pregnant, and I was still consuming them. I was totally relieved when Dr Han confirmed that these are just vitamins. I called my mum, she admitted that she swapped the pills and YOU, KANG GARY, you are with her.” I glared at Gary.

“Er….Mong Ji, I am sorry. Please do not get mad at Jang mo nim (mother in law). If you want to get angry with, vent it out on me. I just thought that perhaps, perhaps, having a second child might change your thoughts about marriage. Oh, Mong Ji, you are not supposed to get too emotional now.” Gary panic, sweat started to gather at his forehead.

“Mong Ji….yah….yah…my ears. Song Ji Hyo!!”

“Kang Gary, this is your punishment.” I twisted both of Gary’s ears forcefully with my hands, pulling him towards me.

“Kang Gary, thank you for giving me a pair of twins. I feel so blessed.” I kissed Gary on his lips as his face gets nearer to mine.

For a moment, no more screams from Gary. He held on to the back of my head to deepen our kiss.

“Mong Ji, I love you. I am sorry that the pills were swapped. I should have sit down, talked to you and let you know how I feel. And…..sorry for letting you go through the complications of pregnancy alone when you were carrying Hee Ji.  This time, I will be there throughout, for Mrs Kang, for Kang Hee Ji and for our twins.”