Starting to understand

In Love with Kang Gary

Unnie has warned Kang Gary and me that we should not meet for the time being, even as friends. We should let the scandal cool down. Gary respected unnie’s decision but he will still send me messages on and off.

“Mong Ji, are you eating well?”

“Mong Ji, don’t overwork yourself.”

“Mong Ji, I miss you. Did your unnie say when we can meet?”

For a moment, I felt like a high school girl trying to get consent from my parents so that I can meet up with boys. At times, Kang Gary will get Haha Oppa to bring me some tonics and food. He knows me too well, food is something that can win both my heart and stomach. I was indeed touched by his care and concern.

Though I would like to read those emails Gary had send to me, my dear dong saeng, Lee Kwang Soo dropped my ipad on the ground when helping me to move out of my apartment.

The “Kang Gary stayed overnight” incident had created chaos for the residents staying in my block of apartment. Reporters and fans gathered days and nights on the streets opposite my apartment. Some gathered outside the lobby of the apartment. Sometimes human traffic was so heavy that the police had to come to disperse the crowds.

I felt so bad for causing all the trouble and decided to move out. My same age friend, Lee Dong Wook recommended an apartment, few blocks away from his. Unnie, who is my pair of eyes when I was busy, verified that the place is quiet, safe and clean. So I was ready to move in.

“Noona, I am sorry. I don’t have enough hands and the ipad slipped. I know this ipad is a gift from Gary Hyung. Since is broken, this symbolizes a new start for both of you.” Kwang Soo looked at me with timid eyes.

“Lee Kwang Soo!” I roared at Kwang Soo but how can I blame him. This kind soul was here to help but the more he helped, things ended up in a mess.

It only took me a few days to settle down in the new apartment. With help from unnie and staffs from my agency, things fall in place easily and I was soon busy with the filming of the new movie and of course RM. I did not inform Kang Gary that I had moved. Is not that I did not want to inform him. The fact was, I DO NOT know if it is approriate to inform him since we were now in an awkward situation. We were not allow to meet, we had not patch back yet, we were barely friends(?)


Gary has waited patiently for the right time to see Ji Hyo. There was no concrete answers of when he can start meeting Ji Hyo again. At times, he wondered if Ji Hyo had read his emails since he received no replies from her either.

Gary was in his studio writing lyrics when he started to sigh.

“Hyung, you are sighing again. The leaves on the trees are all falling off because you sighed too many times.” Haha came to pay Gary a visit and bought lunch with him.

“Hyung, has Ji Hyo contacted you?” Gary looked at Haha with sad eyes, shook his head and sank into his single sofa seater.

“Hyung,  I saw Lee Dong Wook drove Ji Hyo to the site for this week's RM filming." Haha was busy stuffing food into his mouth

“Who? Dong Wook?” Gary immediately sat up straight from his single seater. “Yes, hyung, is Dong Wook. Kwang Soo told me that he dropped Ji Hyo's ipad on the floor while helping her to move house. I think is the ipad you gave to Ji Hyo as gift. I heard her telling Kwang Soo about not able to read some emails.” Haha kept feeding Gary with Ji Hyo’s recent happenings.

But Gary’s mind just wondered off….”Dong Wook? Emails? Moving of house?”

“Moved? Why didn’t she tell me. Is she trying to run away from me?” Gary was totally upset.

Gary reached home with a sullen face.

“Bro, what happened?” Gil asked.

“Ji Hyo ran away from me. She can’t forgive me, can she?” tears rolled down Gary's cheeks.


It was already 10:30 pm. I reached home totally exhausted from the filming of my new movie. I saw a parcel on my table. It was from Kwang Soo. I opened it and found an ipad sitting in the wrappers.

“Noona, I knew you were upset with the broken ipad especially when it was a gift  from Gary Hyung. Though this ipad from me cannot replace the love you have for Gary Hyung, at least you can use it to read your scripts or check emails. Love, Kwang Soo”

I smiled at the sweetness of my dong saeng. He is a nice little brother if he don’t mess up things. Just then, my phone beeps. Is a message from Haha.

"Ji Hyo. Gary Hyung had an accident. He is in xxx hospital now. You think you should come and check on him.

What? Kang Gary, accident, hospital? I felt that my heart suddenly stopped pounding. I took my keys and rushed off to the hospital. Kang Gary, please don'r scare me.

Haha were already at the ward where Kang Gary stayed when I reach the hospital.

"How is Kang Gary? Is he OK?" I was close to tears.

"Ji Hyo ar.....er...sorry, I think I got the wrong information. Gary Hyung was drunk and he had some slight injuries on his hand. I think he fell down when walking out of the pub and hurt himself." Haha Oppa tried to joke it off.

"You mean is not an accident?" I asked. " Sorry, Ji Hyo, wrong information." Haha Oppa replied.

"Ha Dong-hoon!" I shrieked. "Shh.....Hyung is sleeping." Haha Oppa quickly pushed me out of the ward when I heard Kang Gary calling my name in his sleep. "Mong Ji.....Mong Ji......Why?"

“Ji Hyo. Do you think we can have a talk?" It was Gil Oppa. "I need to talk to you about Kang Gary." I can't reject Gil Oppa. He was the one who took good care of me when I was upset and lost when I broke up with Gary In USA.

"Gary came home with a broken heart from the studio today. He kept mumbling why you had moved and did not inform him.  He thinks that you are trying to run away from him. So he went drinking and got himself drunk. Is a long time since he got himself drunk since he has promised you not to drink again. But today, he is just too upset." Gil Oppa said.

"Actually, I do not want to tell you this since I am afraid that you will get frightened. But Kang Gary did it again. He stabbed his hand with a pen knife. He has been doing this when you both first broke off from the relationship. He said he wanted to transfer the pain from his heart to his hand as he can’t take the pain in his heart anymore." I couldn't believe my ears . I was totally shocked hearing all this from Gil Oppa.

"Ji Hyo, please talk some sense into Kang Gary. He was warded tonight not because he felt down after he was drunk. But his wounds from the pen knife was a bit too deep that he was admitted for stitches. He is making his friends and family worry about him. f you don’t love him anymore, please talk to him and make him understand. Please just release him." There was a sad tone in Gil Oppa's voice.

How could Kang Gary do such a thing to hurt himself. I didn't know that he has gone through so much pain. All the while, I thought I am one who is suffering.

I went home and started reading his emails, and I cried the whole night. Gary Oppa, now I knew where you had left your heart. Your heart was with me all along and you were actually holding mine.