Sweet Moments

In Love with Kang Gary

Kang Gary. The man that I had been missing day and night is standing in front of me. I dropped the dresses, took a few steps backwards and hit one of the mannequins in the shop. My world started to twirl.

“I feel giddy.” I said.

Kang Gary and Nicole rushed forward and held me by my arms.

 “Minster, please help me to hold Ji Hyo. I will get a chair.” Nicole started to panic.

“Mong Ji.” Kang Gary held me tightly by my waist and moved me to the chair. He stood behind the chair and gave me a back hug. “Mong Ji, are you OK?”

 “Yah! What are you doing? You er!!t.” Nicole screamed, grabbed a mineral water bottle from the counter and start hitting Kang Gary. Regardless how Nicole hit Kang Gary, he refused to let go,

“Nicole, calm down, calm down. I know him. He is Kang Gary.” I shouted at Nicole.

“Kang Gary? You mean he is Kang Hee Ji’s father?” Nicole asked. I nodded.

“Hee Ji? Kang Hee Ji? Father……Kang Hee Ji is the name of my son?” Gary asked. He hugged me tighter and leaned his face against mine, I felt his tears rolling down my cheeks.

“Kang Gary, can you let go of me? You are holding too tight, my baby and I cannot breathe.” Gary quickly let go and wipe his tears with his sleeves.

Starting from that day onwards, Kang Gary will take an 1.5 hours ride on Paris public transport to see me at my shop at  the village of Montmartre. He would do all the heavy chores such as arranging the cartons of stock in our store room, carry and assemble the mannequins. When I do simple tasks like sweeping and mopping the floor, Gary would stop me immediately and made me sit at the counter.

The first time when Gary accompanied me to the hospital to do my regular checkups and ultrascan, he choked at his own tears and could not stop crying upon seeing the imagine of our baby on the monitor.

“Kang Gary, can you stop crying, the doctor thinks you are nuts.” I shook his arms.

“Doctor, thank you, thank you for taking care of my wife and my child.” Gary kept holding the hands of the doctor. He turned to me, planted a kiss on my face. “Mong Ji, thank you for giving me a son.” I was too deeply touched by his tears.

Because of Leessang’s popularity in the USA, people from Paris could recognize him also, he did brought in good business when he is around in the shop.

“Ji Hyo, I wonder how could the French recognize Gary oppa. I couldn’t when I first saw him and I was Korean! He looks much better on camera. Does he wear very heavy make up during filming?” Nicole asked.

“Kang Gary is always handsome, Miss Nicole Park.” Gary came out from the store room with cartons in his hand. I laughed at the 2 of them pricking at each other.

It is true that I feel happier after Gary came, I do not have the intentions to chase Kang Gary away since I really need a man to dote on me and my baby. I have been on my own for the past 7 months, I craved to be taken care of, I craved of having someone with me during my delivery. I think my baby feels the same.

After all, he is the father of my son. I named our son after him and myself, Hee Ji, taking his and my middle name. I even name my own designs after us, KGMJ, Kang Gary and Mong Ji. I also need someone to help at the shop. Since Kang Gary is here, I thought maybe he can stay for the time being. He can leave after my baby is born.

I know I am a selfish to think that way, but I have all kinds of doubts regarding our relationships. He had hurt me for the second time in our relationship. I can’t trust Kang Gary anymore. Will he hurt me again? My heart is like a piece of glass now, if Kang Gary betrays me again, my heart will shutter to pieces, no one can mend it back again.

Gary moved to stay at my shop 1 week later. He wanted to get an apartment near mine, but there aren’t any available units.

“Kang Gary, are you sure you want to do this?” I asked Gary.

“Why not? I can spend more time to help you in your shop and to take care of you. I can lay a mattress in the store room to sleep at night. You have a shower and toliet room here, I can take my bath. You always bring in home cooked food for me. So all is taken care of.” Gary smiled happily.

“Mong Ji, as long as I can be at your side, it doesn’t matter where I stay or where I sleep.” Again, Kang Gary touched my heart with his consideration and care.  I stared at him back while he arranged the clothes on the rack. I started to sketch on my design pad. It was a shirt. I thought maybe I can design a men shirt for Kang Gary.


The weather in Paris is getting cooler. The shop is not warm enough for Gary to stay at night, he wanted to help us save on the electrical bills and only turn on the hearter for a few hours at night. He caught a cold and ended up with a fever.

“Kang Gary, come and stay at my place.” I told Gary.

“Your place? Can I?” Gary can’t stop grinning.

“You can stay at my place till you recover. I will pack your things for you.”  I drove Gary back to my apartment.


“I should have fallen sick earlier.” Gary was thinking to himself as he entered Ji Hyo’s apartment.

“Gary, you can take the guest room. I had lay the bedsheets, I will bring you more blankets.” Ji Hyo went to her bedroom and came back with blankets, towels and a men shirt.

“Kang Gary, try this one.” Ji Hyo threw the shirt to Gary.

“KGMJ? Your new design? I thought you only do ladies blouse and dresses.” Gary picked up the shirt and started to study the details. He saw a small embroidery with his name on it on the left cuff of the shirt

 “You design this shirt for me?” Gary couldn’t believe it. He was beaming away.

“No, it not for you. I wanted to survey on the Men’s shirts market, since you are here, you can be the model and try the design for me. Give it back to me if you don’t want to be the model.” Ji Hyo tried to snatch back the shirt.

“Why not you put it on for me?” Gary smiled. “You are the designer right? It is part of a designer’s job to do fitting for her model.”

Gary took off his t-shirt and Ji Hyo helped him to put on the shirt. “Designer Ji Hyo, you have to button up for your model. Then you will know if it fits.” Gary said, still beaming away.

Ji Hyo moved closer to Gary and started buttoning up the shirt. Gary could feel Ji Hyo’s scent. The scent from her hair, her perfume and the warmth from her body.


I was standing close to Kang Gary as I button up his shirt. I could sense that he was looking at my with loving eyes. I blushed lightly, I wanted to finish buttoning up his shirt as soon as possible. But seems there are countless number of buttons. Why did I design a shirt with so many buttons. I cursed.

“Finished.” I lifted my head and meet Kang Gary’s gaze. “Mong Ji, I feel so blessed to be able to stay by your side.” He cupped my face in his hands and moved his lips onto mine.

I couldn’t move, I couldn’t reject. Kang Gary, I feel blessed to have you by my side too. I pulled his shirt so he can get closer to me to deepen the kiss. This was a kiss that both of us had longed for after separating for so many months. Instead of a strong and fierce kiss from Kang Gary, his soft lips moved slowly on mine, his tongue came into my mouth gently. This is a slow, passionate, loving and warm kiss.

Kang Gary, once again you touched my heart. Will I be able to leave him after delivering my baby? Can my baby and I live without you? Can I trust you again? I do not want to think so much, I only want to enjoy every sweet moment with you before my delivery.