The photos

In Love with Kang Gary

I left Seoul for 2 weeks to promote my new movie in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. There were lots of interviews and fans meeting to attend that I had no time to talk to Kang Gary. Gary will call me every night to say how much he had missed me, but the longest time that I can spend talking with him was like only 5 minutes. At times, I felt guilty of neglecting him.

“Mong Ji, don’t worry. I am having a busy time in Seoul also. Leessang’s album will be soon into the stage of post productions. I have been spending at lot of time in the studio.” Sounded like Kang Gary was assuring me that he did not have time to go clubbing.

“Oppa, I got it. Remember to behave yourself when I am not around.” I teased Gary. “Oppa, I need to go now, Unnie is asking for me. Bye, love you.”


“Mong Ji, I lo ….” Before Gary can finish his 'I love you too' sentence, Ji Hyo had hanged up the phone.

“This child, I hope she will take good care of herself when she is overseas.” Gary said to himself.

Somehow, Gary was glad that Ji Hyo was out of Seoul since he actually hired a detective to track down Kim Min Lee. He was desperate to know if Min Lee is carrying his child.

Fortunately it did not take long before the detective managed to find Min Lee. A meet out session was arranged for both of them. Kang Gary was very nervous. "What if the baby is my responsibility? What should I tell Ji Hyo? How can I face Ji Hyo." Gary had prepared for the worst to happen.


“Gary Oppa, you must have had night mares about me and my baby right?”  Kim Min Lee couldn’t stop laughing when Gary raised the question about the baby.

“Oppa, I had made myself very clear that there is nothing between us, nothing had actually happened since you were too drunk to do anything.”

“Really?” Gary still had some hesitations.

“Yes, Oppa. Don’t worry. The father of my baby, his name is Mike. He is a Korean working in France. I meet him in Paris.” Min Lee started to tell Gary what happened to her after she left US.

Min Lee left US with a broken heart but at least she was happy that she now knows how Gary feels about their relationship. She started a long vacation trip, hoping to find happiness in one of these trips. She finally found her happiness when she met Mike in Paris, they got married shortly and Min Lee soon got pregnant after the wedding.

"Oppa, I am really glad to know that you are willing to take up the responsibility if the baby is yours. I am sure you will be a good father. You are not getting young anymore, quickly get married soon with Miss Ji Hyo and you can start a family of your own." Min Lee teased Gary.

"Yes, Oppa will consider your suggestion." Gary laughed shyly.

“Oppa, I am 5 months pregnant now. Mike will visit me in Seoul after he has finish his work in Paris. He is a sales executive on medical instruments and tools. You guys can meet up when he is in Seoul. Please bring Miss Ji Hyo also. I think Miss Ji Hyo and I can be good friends.” Min Lee smiled.

“Sure. Contact me when your husband in Seoul. We can have dinner together.” Gary waved goodbye to  Min Lee.

Gary felt so relieved after clearing his doubts with Min Lee. It was like a stone unloaded from his heart.

"Mong Ji, I missed you so much. How I wish you are with me now." Gary send a message to Ji Hyo.

"Maybe I should really think about Ji Hyo's and my future. Family.....not a bad idea after all." Gary smiled at himself while the idea of 'family' crossed his mind.


I came back to Seoul after my 2 weeks trip in Asia had ended. The trip was extremely tiring for me, especially on the last few days. The schedule was so tight that I had to work till 10 or 11 pm and I will go straight to bed after my shower. Sometimes when Kang Gary called, I would be already fast asleep. Though I was extremely exhausted, I was very happy that my movie was well received in these countries and I get to meet up with my fans.

While waiting for our luggage at the luggage belt, I saw my manager unnie talking to the staff in the airport and picking up calls every now and then. She seems to be very busy.

“Ji Hyo, once we are out of the gate, if any reporters ask you any questions, just keep quiet. There is no need for you to say anything. Don’t even bother to look at anything that the reporters show you.” My manager unnie told me as we wheeled our luggage out of the arrival gate.

“Unnie, what happened?” As soon as we were out of the gate, swarms of reporters ran towards our direction.

“Miss Ji Hyo, please tell us what you think about those photos?” One of the reporters asked.

“Photos?” I repeated the word in my heart. “What is he talking about.” Seeing the mong look on my face, one of the reporters pushed an ipad infront of me.

“Miss Ji Hyo, have you seen the photos? Do you know the girl in the photo?” As I was trying to take a closer look at those photos, unnie pushed the ipad out of my way.

“I am sorry but Ji Hyo is very tired, please let her have some rest.” Unnie tried to push the reporters away.

But these reporters just won’t give up easily. Another report pushed another ipad into my hands. “Miss Ji Hyo, take a look at the photos.”

My heart almost stopped when I finally get to see the photos clearly. It was a Kang Gary sleeping away in bed and a woman in a y lingerie was lying next to him. I took a closer look at the woman’s face, though her face is censored, I could roughly tell that this woman is Kim Min Lee.

Blood drained from my face, I was covered in cold sweat. Seeing my reaction, my manger unnie held on tightly to my hand. I was glad that the crew from my agency came in time, they escorted me to the car by blocking me from the reports.

“Ji Hyo, you looked pale. Are you ok?” Unnie was very worried.

“Unnie, I can’t breathe.” I held on to my chest.