A domineering boyfriend

In Love with Kang Gary

Kang Gary was still asleep when I woke up. I stared into the face of this man who had brought me joy, happiness, sorrow and hatred. I feel blessed. I am in love again. I touched his eye brows with my finger and as I slide my fingers down the bridge of his nose, Kang Gary adjusted his sleeping position and rested his left arm on my arm. I removed my gaze from Kang Gary’s face when some ‘marks’ on Gary’s arm caught my attention.

“Are these scars?” I asked myself. I suddenly remember what Gil Oppa told me the other night at the hospital.

“ Kang Gary did it again. He stabbed his hand with a pen knife. He has been doing this when you both first broke off. He said he wanted to transfer the pain from his heart to his hand as he can’t take the heart twisting feeling anymore.”

“So these are the scars?” There were 3 scars. One is on his upper arm where the tattoo was, it some how blended well with his tattoo. One is on his forearm and the last one was near his wrist. And there were some fresh scratches on his fingers.

 “Oh god, Kang Gary, what did you do to yourself. Why are you hurting yourself.” Tears started to roll down my cheeks.

 “Mong Ji, why are you crying? Did I do something wrong? Am I too rough last night and hurt you?” I do not know when Kang Gary had wake up. He panicked when he saw me crying.

“No Oppa. I am ok. Oppa, how did you get all these scars.” I pointed at his arm.

Gary quickly pulled up the blanket to try to hide the scars. “I….I….some accidents I think. I couldn’t really remember how these scars come about.”

“How many were there?” I asked.

“Mong Ji. Don’t worry about these scars. Just some minor accidents. “ I leaned forward and planted kisses on the scars, hold up his hands and put my lips on his fingers where the scratches were.

“Oppa, how many were there?” I asked again with a mischievous tone.

Kang Gary blushed and stretched out his right arm. There were 2 more near his wrist. I leaned forward and kisses these scars.

“There is one here.” He pointed at his chest where the tattoo of his sure name is. I kissed his chest.

“One here.” He pointed at his cheek. I kissed his cheek.

“One here.” He pointed at his lips. I moved closer and gave him a kiss on his lips. Kang Gary put his arms around my neck, pulled me towards him to deepen the kiss.


I was glad that my filming for the day was actually in the late afternoons. That gave us enough time to go through another round of love making. We even have enough time to shower and have lunch together.

While having lunch, I caught Kang Gary stealing glances at me and smiling away.

“Gary Oppa, will you stop staring at me?” I blushed.

“Mong Ji. I can’t. Oh no, I think I will start missing you once you step out of this house to go for your filming. Oh no.” Gary buried his face into his palm.

I smile sweetly at the thought of someone already missing me when I was just sitting in front of him.

“Mong Ji. Let me send you to the studio for your filming.” Kang Gary offered.

“Oppa, no need. I have not tell Unnie about us. I am afraid she will get mad if she knows that we had patched up. I need time to explain to her.”

“Mong Ji, do you want me to talk to her?” There was an anxious tone in Gary’s voice.

“Oppa, I can handle it. Just give me some time.” Gary came over and gave me a back hug. “Mong Ji ar….I need to see you every day from now on…please talk to your unnie about us.”


Filming started in the late afternoons and only ended on the following morning. By the time, filming ended, I was down with a high fever and a running nose.  It must be the rain and of course, I was on Kang Gary’s bed for the whole night and the whole morning.  I must have caught a cold from there.

My manager Unnie send me to the doctor. After taking the medications, I felt drowsy and fell asleep immediately when I reached home. I did not know how long I had been sleeping till I heard someone banging on my door.

I went to the door and saw a nervous Kang Gary standing outside my apartment.

“Mong Ji, are you OK? I called you many times since this morning but no one answered my calls. Did your unnie says we can’t meet and that’s why you are not picking up my calls? Where is your unnie, let me talk to her.” Gary couldn’t stop talking. He was losing his cool as he pushed his way into my apartment.

“Oppa, calm down. It’s not Unnie. It’s me.”

“You? Mong Ji…you changed your mind about us? No, you can’t. You gave me hope on being together again, you can’t take it away. I cannot lose you again.” Kang Gary rushed forward, pinned me against the wall and pressed his lips tightly onto mine.

“Oppa, please.” I pushed him away. “Oppa, listen to me. What are you talking about? I was having a fever and running nose, I fell asleep after taking the medications.”

“Mong Ji. You are not feeling well?” Kang Gary put his hand on my neck and my forehead to feel my temperature.

“You are still having a fever.” Kang Gary scooped me up in his hands and carried me back to my bedroom. He put me gently on my bed.

“Mong Ji. Take some rest, I make some good food for you. You need to eat some nutritious food to help you recover.”

I watched Gary left my room. I picked up my mobile phone. There was 35 unanswered calls, 30 were from Kang Gary. Another 40 unread messages and half  were from Kang Gary.

For a moment, I felt that I could not breath. Does Kang Gary needs to be that domineering?