Finding Song Ji Hyo

In Love with Kang Gary

Gary tried to locate Ji Hyo in New York. He tried all channels to find Ji Hyo, the RM members, the staff from her agency, her friends who were not in the entertainment industry, he even try to contact Ji Hyo’s parents. He failed. Left with no choice, Gary visited Ji Hyo’s manager at her office.

“Kang Gary, what if Ji Hyo is pregnant with your baby? Ji Hyo does not need an irresponsible husband, her baby does not need an irresponsible father. Please leave before I get security to throw you out.” Ji Hyo's manager lost her cool once she saw Gary.

Gary was made to leave the office and he started to wonder aimlessly on the streets. He found a seat at the cafe and ordered an ice Americano.

"This is Ji Hyo’s favorite drink." The ice Americano reminded him of his girlfriend.

"Ji Hyo, where are you? Are you really pregnant with my baby?" He took out his mobile phone and started scrolling through at the photos that he had taken with Ji Hyo, when his phone beeps.

It was Gil. Gary slided his phone to read the message. A photo surfaced, a photo of Ji Hyo surfaced. Ji Hyo was smiling brightly in the photo infront of a Café with a French name. She looked chubbier, it was obvious that her belly is bulging. He quickly called Gil.

“Bro, who gave you the photo? You know where is Ji Hyo? How is she now? How is our baby now?” Gary’s voice was shaking with joy.

“Gary ar…I saw this photo in Kwang Soo’s mobile phone. I snatch the phone from him and try to send to photo to you. But I struggled too much with Kwang Soo and accidently click on your mobile number instead. Judging from the photo, I think Ji Hyo is in Paris instead of New York.” Gil said.

"Gil Hyung. Give me back my phone. Noona Ji Hyo will kill me. " Gary heard the screams of Kwang Soo at the back of the phone.


Gary arrived in Paris. He tried to tap on Min Lee's and Mike's help, hoping that someone from their circle of Korean friends may have seen Ji Hyo.

“Gary Oppa, if Miss Ji Hyo does not want anyone to track her down, I don’t think she will mix around with any Koreans. Since most Koreans knew who is Song Ji Hyo.” Min Lee tried to analyse the current situation for Gary.

“Then where should I find her. I am sure she is in Paris.” Gary managed to get Kwang Soo to spilt out on Ji Hyo’s whereabouts. But Kwang Soo did not know much besides knowing that Ji Hyo is in Paris instead of New York.

“Ji Hyo, we are so near but yet so far.” Gary stared at Ji Hyo’s photo again. “By now, Ji Hyo should be into her 5th month of pregnancy. How I wish I am with her now. I can massage her shoulders and every day, make her delicious and nutritious food, listen to our baby’s heart beat and movements every day.” Gary sighed.

“Ji Hyo, where are you? I miss you and our baby so much. ” Gary wiped off the tears at the corner of his eyes. The ache of longing to be with Ji Hyo echoed through Gary's heart.


I was used to a busy life and a tight schedule in Seoul. Besides attending French lessons every day from 9am to 11 am (I gave up on the movie making lessons since my English , I thought maybe I could take up lessons in French first), and going for my baby check up in the afternoons on alternate days, there was nothing much for me to do.

I feel bored after 3 weeks in Paris. So I decided to invest on Nicole’s idea of opening up a small boutique since she was not happy with her job at LV. Though I was pregnant, I got a lots of energy to spare. I want to keep myself busy, whenever life slows down, I will start thinking and missing the father of my child.

Sometimes when I see a pregnant wife strolling on the streets with her husband, or a dad carrying his son on his sholuders. I will suddenly feel lonely and my heart starts to ache. I tried to control my emotions. I can't cry, tears are no good for me and my baby.

Nicole managed to find a small shop space in the village of Montmartre. Though our shop cannot be compared with those trendy boutiques at rue des Abbesses, I thought our boutique has its own uniqueness and Nicole’s designs are good enough to complete with these trendy boutiques. I also tried my hands on designing my own label.

“Ji Hyo, please stop moving these chairs and racks. You can sit there at the counter to arrange the clothes and hangers.” Nicole was sweating all over while trying to move the racks and furniture in the shop.

“Nicole, is OK. I can manage.” I assured Nicole.

“Sigh…how I wish some men, handsome and strong men. French or Koreans, will come along and help us with these heavy chores.” Nicole sighed and joked.

I pretend to laugh at her joke but turned around with my back facing her, swallow the lump at my throat and blinked back my tears.

Yes, how I wish my man, Kang Gary will be here with me to massage my cramped legs and aching shoulders. To accompany me for my baby check up, to cook nutritious food for me, to nag at me for working too hard at the boutique and to listen to the heart beat of our baby.


Gary was already in Paris for 2 months. He visited all the Koreans communities in Paris, but there was no trace of Ji Hyo. He tried visiting the Asians communities in Paris, again there was no trace of Ji Hyo.

At times, Gary gets frustrated on the failures to track down Ji Hyo, he will think of turning to alcohol to relax his stress. “If I am drunk, I would have wasted precious time which should be used on finding Ji Hyo. “ Such thoughts always pulled Gary back from drinking.

While Gary is doing his marketing at the supermarket near his rented apartment, Kwang Soo forwarded some photos of Ji Hyo to him again.

“Hyung, Noona said she has setup a boutique in Paris and will be opening for business soon. This photo seems to be taken infront of her boutique. Hope you can find her soon. Love, Kwang Soo.” Gary managed to convince Kwang Soo to pass him whatever information Ji Hyo sends, to aid Gary in finding his beloved girlfriend, or rather his beloved wife.

“Ji Hyo’s belly is getting bigger. She should be into her 7th month of pregnancy already. If I still can’t find her, I may not be able to witness the arrival of our baby. I need to be by her side when she goes into labour.” Gary looked closely at the photo. He tries to google on the internet to find more information. He sent the photos to Min Lee and Mike, hoping they can tell him where to find this place in Paris.

“Oppa, I can’t tell where is this photo taken. But if Mr Kwang Soo says this is a designers’ boutique, you can try rue des Abbesses.” Min Lee suggested to Gary.

“OK, Min Lee. Thank you for telling me. I will go there tomorrow.”


Gary walked along the streets in rue des Abbesses, it was already 6 pm in the evening. He has been searching each and every boutique for the past few days but there was no Ji Hyo. He felt that his feet was getting sore.

“Another fruitless trip.” Gary muttered to himself.

He picked up the map of rue des Abbesses and try to study the map again. “Did I miss any street?” As he traced his fingers on the map, the village of Montmartre caught his eyes.

“This place looks interesting. Maybe I can take a look at this place.”

The village wasn’t far from where Gary was, as he strolled along the streets, a tiny lane attracted his attention. “Maybe I can venture into the small lanes.” Gary made a turn into the tiny lane, a small boutique lit up in yellow lights caught his attention. Gary looked at the window display closely, the dress displayed was lovely. Gary closed his eyes and imagined his lovely wife, his Mong Ji wearing the dress.

“I should get this for Ji Hyo.” Gary said to himself. He walked into the boutique and was greeted in French by a lady with Asian looks.

“Chinese? Japanese? Koreans?” The sales lady asked.

“Korean. An nyoung ha se yo” Gary replied and bowed.

“An nyoung ha se yo” the sales lady bowed back and replied cheerful.

 “I would like to take a look at that dress at the display window.” Gary told the sales lady.

“Sure, for your girlfriend?” The sales lady asked.

“For my wife.” Gary smiled and replied.

“How lucky.” The lady smiled as he handed the dress to Gary. “This dress is designed by my business partner bearing the brand of KGMJ. Is a very new label, though the brand is far from famous, the design of this dress is simple and elegant. I am sure your wife will like it.”

“KGMJ?” What does that stand for?” Gary asked.

“I think is the initial of my partner and her husband’s name.”

“Sounds like Kang Gary and Mong Ji.” Gary said in his heart.

“Nicole, the new dresses are here.” Someone opened the door of shop, the person sounded breathless.

“Yah, Ji Hyo. I told you not to do heavy chores. Why are you carrying these stuffs. Put it down now!” The sales lady ran past Gary towards the door.

“Nicole, these are not as heavy. I can manage.” A similar voice rang in Gary’s ears

“Ji Hyo? Did the sales lady said Ji Hyo just now?” Gary quickly turned towards the direction of the door.

Gary saw the same pair of lovely eyes, the same smile, the same pretty features, the same soft black hair. The only difference now is that Ji Hyo is pregnant with a big belly.

That’s Ji Hyo, the woman that Kang Gary has been thinking of day and night.

“Mong Ji?” Gary voice started to shake. Tears of joy started to soak through his eyes.