Missing you

In Love with Kang Gary

As much as Gary would like to patch back with Ji Hyo, he had his career commitments in the US and Europe. He also knew that Ji Hyo might not listen to his explanations at this point of time since she was not even picking up his calls. Gary decided to focus on his career, make Ji Hyo and Korea proud of his achievements as a Korean artist in a foreign land. At the same time, he send an email to Ji Hyo to explain what happened between him and Min Lee. And he followed up with an email every day to update Ji Hyo on his happenings and how much he has missed her.

Gary will glued to his mobile phone or ipad every day after work regardless whether he was at his apartment, in a hotel or a restaurant. He was hoping that Ji Hyo will read his emails or even reply his emails. But every checking of his mailbox was a disappointment for him, no replies from Ji Hyo.

At times, when his 3G phone was not working at certain states in US or Europe or there was no Wifi services in a hotel or restaurant, Gary got upset and could not eat

"Kang Gary, you cannot give up. Keep sending her the emails, she may read one day." Gary kept telling himself.

"Gary ar....our contract will end in 3 months' time. By then, you can go back to Seoul and explain every thing to Ji Hyo. So be strong." Gil was always giving all his support to Gary.

Besides Gary, Haha will also update Gary on Ji Hyo's happenings.

"Hyung, some one send flowers to Ji Hyo this morning before the RM filming starts." Haha was telling Gary via video conference.

"Who send the flowers?" Gary's heart raced as he heard the news from Haha.

"Hyung, I don't know. But Ji Hyo left the flowers at the dresser and did not bring them home."

"Oh...that's better. Haha ar...you have to help Gary Hyung to protect Ji Hyo when I am not around."


Back in Seoul

Time flies when you were busy with life. I had learnt to control my tears, the wounds were still painful but I guess I am used to it now. Though I still need to rely on medications at times when something triggers my emotions, I can say that I am still doing fine.

Whenever I miss Kang Gary and I would open my mailbox and stared at the emails that his send to me. Sometimes I will start counting the number of mails that he send and that reminded me of the number of days that we had broken up. I was tempted to open his emails at times, but I will shut down the email application immediately upon the idea crossed my mind. Things will never be the same again and there was no point for me to know what Gary has to say. (Stubborn Song Ji Hyo).

I started to get some suitors, PDs from TV stations, a few of are the management people from the products that I endorsed and I even get some famous actors asking me out for dinner. Oppa Jong Kok had also asked if he stands a chance among the suitors but I ................

No datings for me till my wounds were fully recovered and I had learn to have trust in people again though I knew I had a long way to go.


It was the time of the year where different media and TV stations start giving out awards to dramas and variety shows. My drama was norminated as Best Drama of the year. And I was fortunate to be nominated as “Best Actress of the year” and also as “Best female entertainer” with my performance in RM.

My team dolled me up for the occasion. I wore a y off shoulder dress showing off my cleavage and my legs. When I was dating Kang Gary, I tried not to wear clothes that are too revealing as I knew that he doesn’t like it. But now I am single, and I am free to wear what I want and show off my best assets to the public.

As the nominates, I will be walking down the red carpet to pose for the cameras and to be interviewed. While queuing for the red carpet, my manager unnie whispered to me. “I think LeeSsang will be infront of us. Will it be OK with you?”

Leessang, that means I may get to see Kang Gary? It's months since I had last seen him and spoken to him in person. “Unnie , is OK. I will be OK.I can handle it.” I told unnie. “Yes, Song Ji Hyo, that’s my girl.” Unnie patted my head.

As I walked down the Red Carpet, I can see that the hosts were interviewing Kang Gary and Gil Oppa. While the hosts were talking to Kang Gary, suddenly Gary turned around and saw me. And from that moment, I can sense that his eyes did not leave me for even a minute.

“Thank you Gary and Gil, Next, we have Song Ji Hyo who is nominated for the best actress and best female entertainer award tonight. Her skillful acting in the drama had won many praises from both the judges and net citizens. And every one loves her image in Running Man.”

And suddenly Kang Gary was glued to the ground. Everyone could tell that he had his eyes glued on me.

“Well, our Ex Monday Couple meet at the Red Carpet. What a moment.” The hosts said. As I was standing next to Gary Oppa, the lights started to flash and some reporters had requested that we take a photo together.

I avoided looking at Gary Oppa and just smiled for the cameras while Gary Oppa still had his gaze pinned on me.

“Hey, Gary, let’s go.” Gil Oppa dragged him off the red carpet while I continued to be interviewed by the hosts.

I wasn’t paying attention to any of the awards giving segments and nor the performance till I was announced as the Best Drama actress of the year. I was sitting with my drama crew and they had to keep shaking my hand till I realized what had happened. I can’t believed that I got the best drama actress award.

I hurried to the stage and receive my awards. I do not know if I am touched by the awards, touched by my hardwork on the drama or was it seeing Kang Gary, I started crying before I can give any thank you speech. I mumbled thank yous to my crew, my parents, the media and my fans. I held on to the award tightly and bowed and went off the stage.

After my emotions were calmed down, I went back to my audience seat and it was the last award for the night. “Star of the year”. Well, since Leessang was here. Everyone including me suspected that they were going to get it. And we were so right.

Gil Oppa and Kang Gary went on stage to receive the applause. After Gil Oppa gave their thank you speech, when everyone thought that they were moving to the other side of the stage to give a performance. Kang Gary turned back to the microphone.

“Mong Ji, congralutions for getting the best actress award. You deserved it. I never missed any chapters of your drama when I was in Europe or the US.” The entire audience cheered and screamed upon hearing Kang Gary mentioned my name.

 “Mong Ji. Oppa make it too. I want to make you proud of Oppa and I want to share this award with you.” He paused for a while and said “ I missed you, missed you so much.” The audience cheered even louder.

 “Leessang is going to give their performance with a new song titled “Missing you. Look like this song is delicated to someone special.” The host hinted.

The cameras started to take close shots of my face. Tears just rolled down my cheeks.

Kang Gary, I missed you too.