Chapter Eight

A Change Of Heart

             Yongguk was usually a diligent worker. He would only focus on his work from the moment the office hour started until he went home in the evening. But he didn’t know since when, Daehyun kept crossing his mind countless times. He didn’t hate it though because just thinking of Daehyun’s beautiful face could make him forget about his job’s stress even for a second.

                Yongguk smiled as he remembered about this morning when he tried to make ramyun for breakfast. Of course, Daehyun wouldn’t let it happen. He kept rambling about how the food was not good to eat in the morning as his hands were busy cooking something else for his husband. Yongguk found it funny that a small guy could talk nonstop while his body actively moved around the kitchen. In the end, Yongguk had to eat the food Daehyun made which was a lot better than ramyun.

                Grabbing his phone on the desk, Yongguk got off his chair to lie on a long couch in the middle of his office. His fingers were fast to type a text message to Daehyun with a smile that never left his face.

 

To : Daehyun

Are you back from class?

 

From : Daehyun

Yup. What do you want for dinner?

 

To : Daehyun

Ramyun! ^^

 

From : Daehyun

No -_-

 

To : Daehyun

Why’d you ask then =_=

 

From : Daehyun

I have to cook something you’ll eat -_-

 

To : Daehyun

I’ll eat ramyun :D

 

From : Daehyun

( ̄△ ̄*)

 

                Yongguk laughed quietly as he imagined an annoyed Daehyun’s cute face. He really wished he could see it right now. Just at the thought, he felt like going home at that very moment.

                As he was still giggling over the text messages, there were knocks on his door. Yongguk sat up on the couch before calling the person to come in.

                The door opened slightly and his secretary peek her body into the office. “Excuse me, sir. But there’s someone who wants to see you,” She informed.

                Yongguk frowned as he didn’t remember any appointment today. “Who is it?” He asked.

                Before his secretary could reply, the already opened door was pushed wider. Jihyun confidently walked in straight to him.

                Yongguk immediately stood up with utter shock as Jihyun stopped in front of him.

                “Hi, oppa,” Jihyun said, smiling wide.

                “I’m sorry, sir!” The secretary rushed to grab Jihyun’s arm. “I’m sorry miss but-”

                Jihyun yanked her arm away before the woman could finish her sentence. “Leave us alone!”

                “But-” The secretary glanced at Yongguk but he just looked as confused as her about it.

                “I’ll handle this,” Yongguk stated, leaving the secretary with no choice but to excuse herself from the office. “What is it now?” He glared at Jihyun.

                She smirked before walking to the couch and made herself comfortable there. “I’ve found out something interesting,” She said feeling excited while Yongguk just kept his straight face.

                “The marriage between you and that guy, was arranged by your family. Right? You just met him few months ago. I wonder what made you agree with it...” Jihyun looked at him questioningly.

                Yongguk’s eyes widened at that. How on earth would this woman know about it? Even his own best friend didn’t know about this. But he was still calm even though his mind was full of wonder.

                “Actually, I’m the one who wanted this marriage,” He uttered. “I asked my parents to find a suitable partner for me, we went to blind dates and we got married.” Yongguk shrugged his shoulders like it was not a big deal.

                “But how can you marry someone you don’t love?!” Jihyun raised her voice as she felt irritated by Yongguk’s plain response.

                “Who said that I don’t love him?

                That question flew out from Yongguk’s mouth before he could properly think about it. He was pondering whether it was to counter Jihyun or it was to make him realize about something that he should know long ago.

                Jihyun scoffed while rolling her eyes. “It’s ridiculous. You don’t love him.”

                “No,” Yongguk replied in seconds. “I love him. I love Daehyun,” He thought he was lying to Jihyun but why did his heart skipped a beat when he said that? He didn’t know the answer himself.

                “So please, stop bothering me,” Yongguk ignored the weird feeling and continued. “I have my own life now. I won’t go back to you no matter what. Just leave us alone. I’m happy to be with Daehyun.”

                Jihyun let out a heavy breath. She slowly stood up and went to Yongguk. “How can you be so sure about that?” They stared at each other for a moment before Jihyun made her way out.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Yongguk lazily pushed the door of his house open. He took off his jacket and put it on the couch above his briefcase. His eyes were fast to wander around in search of a certain person. When Daehyun was nowhere to be found, Yongguk thought that maybe he was in the bedroom. He climbed the stairs to go to his own room to change his clothes.

                A frown etched on Yongguk’s face as he saw the door of his room was wide open. Quietly, he padded to get there. The closer he got, the louder a voice could be heard. He was sure that it was Daehyun but what was he doing in his room?

                Yongguk peered into the room, spotting Daehyun with his back facing him while clinging to a laundry hamper. He was crouching down, here and there, to pick the clothes Yongguk simply threw everywhere he wanted. And as always, his mouth kept blabbering on how Yongguk should be more neat and tidy, and put the dirty clothes in a place, and blah blah blah.

                Yongguk’s lips involuntarily carved a smile seeing Daehyun like that. He leaned against the doorframe while crossing his arms to admire the person he didn’t know he had missed all day. Just by seeing him made Yongguk forgot about Jihyun. Daehyun could make him feel at ease in any way.

                After he had done collecting the dirty clothes, Daehyun turned around to the door, only to get a total shock from the static figure he saw.

                “Argh!” Daehyun jumped in his place, releasing the clothes hamper to the floor. “You scared me!” He exclaimed, putting his hands on the chest after he noticed it was actually his husband. “Would you stop doing that?!”

                Yongguk laughed softly before going to pick the dropped clothes and put them back into the hamper. “I can do the laundry by myself, you know,” He put his hands on his hips after he had done with it. “And who gave you permission to go into my room?”

                Daehyun gasped. “I’ve texted you! …but you didn’t reply. So I assumed you approved.”

                Yongguk didn’t say anything in return. He didn’t bother to check on his phone after Jihyun showed at his office.

                Daehyun smirked in triumph when he’s not at wrong. He lifted the full heavy hamper to bring it down to the washing machine but before he could reach the door, it was snatched by the latter.

                “I’m home now so let me do it,” Yongguk said and proceeded to the laundry.

                Daehyun looked astonished with his act. Yongguk didn’t even change his work’s outfit as he was so eager to do the laundry.

                “Why did you come home early anyway?” Daehyun asked while Yongguk was putting the clothes into the washing machine. “I haven’t cooked anything yet,” He added.

                “Let’s just cook ramyun then,” Yongguk wiggled his eyebrows at the younger.

                “Could you stop that?” Daehyun clicked his tongue. “If you want to eat it so much then eat it everyday. Don’t you ever eat the food I make,” He huffed angrily.

                “Hey, I’m kidding…” Yongguk chuckled. He was somehow enjoyed to annoy the other. “By the way, you don’t really have to cook today. My friend asked me to have dinner at his home, bringing along my newlywed.”

                “Really? Who’s your friend?” Daehyun asked curiously.

                “He’s my coworker and my best friend, Kim Joonmyeon. He’s married with Do Kyungsoo and has two lovely kids. You’ve met them during our wedding, remember?” Yongguk explained as he poured the detergent.

                Daehyun’s brows furrowed, trying to recall the said persons from the many people he had met during the ceremony which was weeks ago. He snapped his fingers when he finally figured out at least their faces. “Oh it’s them! But I didn’t see any children around them.”

                “They didn’t bring their kids that day,” Yongguk replied.

“Ah… I see…” Daehyun nodded. “But I love kids! Can we just go now?”

                Yongguk was a little startled by Daehyun’s sudden excitement but the younger was always like that. He was getting used to Daehyun’s loud self for the long time they had stayed together. “Hmm…sure but…” He began to his shirt. Daehyun’s eyes slowly bulging out seeing Yongguk’s skin exposed bit by bit. “…let me finish the laundry first…”

                Yongguk suddenly showed the full view of his bare torso as he was removing the shirt to put it into the washing machine. He didn’t have any problem with that since he was used to reveal his upper body even before he’s married.

                Daehyun quickly covered his eyes before turning around to walk away from there. “Oh my god he’s so shameless he doesn’t know he’s not that hot I don’t want to see his body why did he do that in front of me…” He murmured not so quietly because Yongguk could hear it really clear from behind. But the older one could only laugh at the cute act.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

               Both Yongguk and Daehyun showed at Joonmyeon’s house earlier than they should because Daehyun couldn’t wait to see the kids. As soon as he stepped into the house, he rushed to them after he saw they’re playing with each other in the living room.

                Yongguk and Joonmyeon just stood back and watched Daehyun who was squatting on the floor to greet the two cutie pies.

                “He’s really bubbly…” Joonmyeon muttered, earning a wide grin from the other. “Go take a seat first. I’ll get Kyungsoo,” He patted Yongguk’s back before leaving to the kitchen.

                “Hi!” Daehyun waved cutely at the little boy with a sweet smile. “What’s your name?”

                The boy was confused for a second as he stopped playing with the toys but he still answered nonetheless. “Kim Jimin.”

                “Really? Kim Jimin?” Daehyun asked with big eyes. “What about your dongsaeng?” He lifted a younger kid from the floor and held her close to his chest. The baby gladly welcomed him. He was already sitting on the floor together with the kids.

                “Kim Jinae,” Jimin said with a blank face.

                Yongguk observed Daehyun as he moved closer to them. He liked to see the younger mingled with those kids. It was adorable since Daehyun himself looked like a kid from his view. “Anyeong Jimin-ah,” He crouched down beside Daehyun.

                Jimin’s face lit up seeing Yongguk. “Yongguk appa!” He stood up and ran to hug the elder.

                Yongguk grabbed the little boy as he kneeled on the floor. “Urgh you’ve grown so much bigger than the last time I saw you,” He ruffled the boy’s hair making Jimin laughed cutely.

                Daehyun’s heart was melting while looking at Yongguk’s fatherly side. He could be a good father to his kids.

                “Anyeong Jinae,” Yongguk softly pinched the baby’s chubby cheeks. She giggled and hid her face in Daehyun’s chest.

                That made Daehyun came back to reality. He straightened himself and played with the baby’s small hand. “He calls you appa?” He asked, referring to Jimin.

                “Yes,” Yongguk nodded. “He’s my best friend’s son,” He looked at the boy in his arms. “Jimin, this is my wife, Daehyun umma.”

                Blush crept up to Daehyun’s cheeks when Yongguk introduced him like that.

                “And Daehyun umma, this is three-years-old Jimin and fifteen-months-old Jinae,” Yongguk informed to Daehyun in a childish voice.

                “Daehyun umma is youw wife?” Jimin looked up at Yongguk and blinked repeatedly.

                “Yeah. Isn’t he pretty?” Yongguk asked casually and Jimin nodded.

                Daehyun blushed harder at that. What in the world was Yongguk talking about with this kid? Just then Jimin stretched out his body which was still held by Yongguk so that he could plant a kiss on Daehyun’s pink cheek while clinging to the elder’s neck.

                “Anyeong Daehyun umma,” The boy grinned.

                Although he was a little surprised by that, Daehyun was entertained by the boy’s cuteness. “Anyeong, Jimin-ah. Nice to meet you,” He returned a kiss to the boy’s cheek.

                “Yongguk appa, kiss Daehyun umma too,” Jimin suggested out of the blue, making the couple froze on their spots.

                Both of them exchanged an awkward look. “W-Why should I?” Yongguk stuttered out his question.

                “Because he is youw wife and he is pwetty,” Jimin stated his childish reason.

                Daehyun already retreated from the conversation. He gave his full attention to the baby in his hold, trying to make her laugh with his ugly faces. He hoped Yongguk knew how to deal with the boy.

                On the other hand, Yongguk was thinking of a reason why he shouldn’t kiss Daehyun but he couldn’t find one. And the expectant face of Jimin didn’t help at all. And so, he leaned in to press his lips on Daehyun’s soft cheek. It was so soft that Yongguk didn't want to pull back but considering the awkward situation and the staring kids, he decided to back off after a few seconds.

                Daehyun’s eyes widened in shock. He quickly turned to the responsible man to gape at him. He was embarrassed but slightly angry and that made his face redder than ever. Why did Yongguk's lips love to make contact with him? Even when he's eating a sausage the other day. And then there's Yongguk who just smiled sheepishly while shrugging his shoulders. His eyes were side eyeing the boy in his arms.

                Before Daehyun could blurt out his dissatisfaction, Kyungsoo emerged in the living room together with Joonmyeon.

                “Hey, Yongguk hyung. Long time no see,” Kyungsoo greeted.

                Daehyun and Yongguk immediately got up from the floor to bow at him.

                “And you, Daehyun. I’m so glad to finally see you!” Kyungsoo gave him a tight hug along with the baby between them.

                “Glad to see you too,” Daehyun said with genuine smile. The latter pulled him to sit on the sofa, followed by Yongguk and Joonmyeon.

                “I’m sorry I didn’t invite you earlier. I’ve been busy with my work and kids…” Kyungsoo apologized, looking very guilty with it.

                Daehyun shook his head. “Nah…it’s okay.

                “She likes you a lot. Back then she only knew to cling with Yongguk hyung all the time,” Joonmyeon joined in.

                Jinae quietly stayed in Daehyun’s hold without much whining like she usually did to the people she just met, especially Yongguk’s ex-girlfriend, Jihyun.

                Kyungsoo stared at his kids who were stuck with the newlywed couple. “Aigoo… you two should have a kid already!” He clasped his hands at his chest, feeling delighted to see them with the children.

                Yongguk smirked. “I wanted to but Daehyun’s still young. He’s still studying,” Daehyun could only glare at him after he said that.

                “I was young too when I had Jimin,” Kyungsoo said in return.

                “You mean you want to spend more time alone together while you’re still young,” Joonmyeon joked, resulting in a boisterous laugh from the others except for Daehyun who was flustered and trying hard to fake his laugh.

                “What do you major in actually?” Kyungsoo asked after a moment.

                “Children education,” Daehyun replied briefly.

                “Ah… no wonder the kids are stuck with you…”

                “What about you? What do you do?” asked Daehyun back.

                “I have a bakery.”

                “Really?! You must be good at baking! Can you teach me later?!” Daehyun asked with sparkling eyes.

                “Sure, I’d love to,” Kyungsoo agreed with the same exciting tone.

                Joonmyeon sent a dull look at his best friend. Yongguk jutted out his bottom lips in response.

                “Why do you take that course anyway?” Kyungsoo continued their conversation without having any idea of what his husband was doing behind his back.

                “I don’t know. I think that suits me the most. I love kids. I mean they’re so cute and innocent. They’re so fun to play with…” Daehyun also was oblivious on the things going around because he was enjoying himself talking to the other.

                Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I know right. Just wait until you have you own child. Only then you’ll know how good it feels to be a parent. But it’s also a responsibility…”

                A sound of someone clearing throat interrupted them. Kyungsoo knew that voice very well. He turned to Joonmyeon with questioning look.

                “The dinner…” Joonmyeon told him in a low voice.

                “Oh yeah,”Kyungsoo suddenly remembered on what he was supposed to do. He turned back to Daehyun to tell the reason. “I have cooked a little. There’s a little more that I need to prepare.”

                “I’ll help you,” Daehyun offered himself, standing up to follow Kyungsoo to the kitchen.

                Joonmyeon went to him to take Jinae from his hold. But it took some time to calm the baby as she began to cry after Daehyun let go of her. When the kids were playing together with the toys again, Joonmyeon and Yongguk could talk in peace at last.

             "I bet they'll continue talking in the kitchen," Joonmyeon guessed.

                "Yeah... once Daehyun's mouth's opened, it's really hard to shut it back. Moreover when he found someone who could talk as much as him... Let's just hope we can eat dinner on time" Yongguk smiled as he agreed with his friend.

                Joonmyeon nodded. “You’re all smiley nowadays,” He raised his brows at the older man.

                “Am I?” Yongguk didn’t really realize the change in his self.

                “Yeah. You look happier. I can see it. After you’re married with Daehyun, you always went home earlier, you came to work with a light heart, and you smiled alone while looking at your phone! You look like you’re just in love when you’re already married with him,” Joonmyeon explained about his observations on his best friend.

                Did I really do that..? Yongguk thought because it was hard to believe. “Well…isn’t it a normal thing for a newlywed couple..?” He asked hesitatingly.

                “Yeah. I was like that too, didn’t want to go to work ‘cause I’m gonna miss him all day and I couldn’t wait to go home because of that. I understand you,” Joonmyeon talked without looking at him, keeping his eyes on his children. “But you really look more arranged now. Maybe because someone’s taking care of you,” He turned to Yongguk who was listening quietly. “You should be thankful for the correct decision you made to marry Daehyun. He’s a nice guy. No wonder you love him so much.”

                Yongguk’s heart skipped a beat once again. Why? He loves Daehyun? Since when? He was not sure about that. What he was sure about right now was that he was falling in love, with his own married partner.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

 

 


I'm so sorry for my mistake in the last chap. I mean where the hell did Hyorin come from?! I've changed it thanks to a sweetie who noticed it and pointed it out. I'm sorry if I made mistakes in this chap too. Moral of the story, don't write when you're sleepy >.<

Thanks a lot to the upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers! I love you!!! ♥♥♥

My exam is in a month. So bear with me! :D