Chapter Thirteen

A Change Of Heart

                Daehyun breathed in the masculine scent as his head was rested against something solid yet soft. It was better than the overly mushy pillows. He shifted to a more comfortable position before throwing an arm to his side where he thought the stuffed bunny was at. But he didn’t remember it to be so muscular and sturdy.

                His eyes snapped opened and the first thing he saw was a clean shaved armpit. He scrambled to sit up, his breath shortened. Last night’s scene flashed across his mind. Touching his lips, he recalled how they were claimed by the other. He could barely make out the actual feelings during the kiss but it must be really nice since he didn’t reject it. And he wondered how he could easily fall asleep after that.

                Daehyun gasped at the thought. He quickly lifted the blanket to check on something. Well, he was still under the bathrobe but he knew they didn’t do more than just a kiss. Only then he turned to look at the man beside him who was still sleeping peacefully with an outstretched arm. That must be his special pillow.

                Yongguk’s face had not much difference when he’s sleeping. He always looked calm in every situation. He made Daehyun trusted him and his embrace felt safe and secured. Maybe that’s why he was fast to sleep when wrapped in Yongguk’s arms. It was hard to believe that this man actually had feelings for him. He knew he should have pushed Yongguk away last night, he shouldn’t have gave him hope because now he felt guilty about it. But he was hoping for something too. He just didn’t know why and what was it.

                Daehyun didn’t realize he took longer than he wanted staring at his husband. This chance was hard to get since they didn’t always sleep together and Yongguk usually woke up first when they did because he needed to go to work…

                “Yongguk!” Daehyun shrieked all of a sudden as he looked at the clock. It was already nine in the morning.

                “Huh? What? What?” Yongguk jerked up, asking groggily to the younger. Still in his dazed state, he pulled Daehyun for a hug just like what he did last night. “It’s okay…it’s okay…I’m – ” He yawned. “I’m here…don’t cry…”

                Daehyun frowned as Yongguk caressed his head. Was this guy still dreaming or what? He squirmed. “No, Yongguk. Wake up! You’re late!”

                “Shhh…it’s okay, it’s okay…”

                Daehyun managed to be free and therefore he sent a slap across the sleepy face. “Wake up! You’re late for work!!”

                Yongguk finally opened his eyes. “Owww!!! What was that for??” He rubbed the stinging skin of his cheek.

                “I’m sorry but you.Are.Late.For.Your.Work!!”

                “What?! What time is it??” Yongguk didn’t have time to wait for the answer. He just jumped off the bed to scurry to his room.

                “It’s nine!” Daehyun shouted as he was searching for his phone. It was on the bedside table and it had run out of battery. He switched on the charger before turning on the phone. Thank God the power was back on.

                As soon as he did that, the phone wouldn’t stop ringing and vibrating, ringtone and message alert alternating with each other. Inguk was calling him right now but it was immediately rejected. He then looked up for all the missed calls and texts starting from last night. Most of them were from Inguk but what he didn’t expect was there were also from his parents, Minsoo and other unknown numbers. A chill ran though his veins. Something’s not right.

                The next call was from Minsoo and this time Daehyun picked it up, hoping for an explanation. “Hello…?’

                “Daehyun-ah, why aren’t you picking up your phone?”

                The voice sounded mad but also a little bit of worried. “I-I…I just woke up and…my phone died and…” Daehyun stuttered since he never faced an angry Minsoo.

                “You just woke up? How could you sleep after that news was out?”

                “News? What news?” Daehyun began to feel anxious. It must be the news from yesterday but even if he wanted to watch it, he couldn’t because of the blackout.

                “Gosh, Daehyun,” Minsoo sighed and Daehyun almost could imagine him shaking his head over the phone. “Look, I’m not believing a tiny bit of the news. I know you. You wouldn’t do that to hyung,” There’s a pause before he continued. “It’s about you with…I forgot the name but he’s an idol.”

                Daehyun’s breath hitched, his eyes widened. His hand was trying hard to keep the phone from falling off his grip.

                “You better look up by yourself. Your class is at ten, right? But I understand if you’re going to skip. Take your time. Just give me a call if you still wanna go.”

                The rest of Minsoo’s words flew in and out of his head. He cut off the line before going to the search engine in his phone. His heart was pounding as he read the headline of the news he was looking for; Seo Inguk is dating a married university student.

                Daehyun really had no idea how did it come to this but it was answered with a picture which was included in the breaking news. Inguk was holding his hand outside of the campus. Their faces were zoomed in and no one could deny it was the rising idol, Seo Inguk.

                “Daehyun-ah!” Yongguk appeared at the door, only clad in tank top and boxers after he had taken the shower. “Do you see my phone? I need to call my boss – ”

                Daehyun looked up at him and he knew that flustered face too well. “Hey…” He slowly walked to the younger. “What’s wrong?”

                “N-Nothing…” Daehyun forced a smile, trying to cover his phone at his chest.

                “Don’t lie to me. What’re you trying to hide?” Yongguk reach for the phone but it was yanked by the owner.

                “N-No! I don’t – ”

                Before Daehyun could finish his sentence, his phone rang again. He took a look at the caller but then it was snatched by his husband. Yongguk didn’t think for long to slide the green button.

                Daehyun watched in horror. “Yongguk don’t!” He stood up, wanting to retrieve his phone when Yongguk gave him his back and he was halted by a strong arm.

                “Yah you! Seo Inguk! You ing scumbag! What else do you want from my wife?!” Yongguk’s growl had made not only the person on the other line but also the person in the same room to flinch in surprise. “Me? I’m his husband. Whatever you wanted to talk to him you can talk to me first,” He was being intimidating whereas Daehyun was still struggling to get his phone back.

                “Yongguk!” Daehyun’s scream was ignored.

                After what sounded like Yongguk was giving an address to the other, he finally hung up.

                “Why would you do that?! Why did you tell him where we live?!” Daehyun went berserk.

                “He asked for it! Isn’t it good if he wanted to talk face to face?”

                “No it isn’t!” Tears were already pouring down to wet Daehyun’s face. He was really irritated when Yongguk wouldn’t listen to him.

                “Why not?!” Yongguk snapped back. He’s tired with all of these s. “Don’t you know I’m sick of watching you crying because of him? Why are you always defending him if he’s hurting you?”

                “But it’s not him this time! It’s me! I messed up! I was wrong! I shouldn’t have – I’m – I… I didn’t mean it…” Daehyun couldn’t fight his sobs back. He cried into his hands before running to lock himself in the bathroom.

                Yongguk on the other hand was trying to understand what Daehyun had said. The younger was hiding something from him which was in the phone. He just realized that he was holding to the device now. He wasted no time to check on it and he finally understood.

                Yongguk threw the phone onto the bed before running his fingers through his hair in exasperation. He rubbed his face couple of times and decided to go knock on the bathroom door, faint sobs could be heard from inside.

                “Daehyun-ah…it’s not your fault…”

                “No! You know it too! His career will go down because of me!” Daehyun yelled and based on his voice, Yongguk knew the latter was just behind the door.

                “But if you two really love each other, then nothing’s going to be wrong.”

                “No…you don’t understand…it’s not that easy…” Daehyun continued to cry though he was slowly enticed by Yongguk’s words.

                “Until when are you going to be like this? Until when would you hide your love? You’re suffering because of him. If he really loves you, he wouldn’t dare to hurt you, he wouldn’t deny about dating you. He should act like he loves you and the people should accept it sooner or later,” Yongguk was slightly panting after his sudden outburst. Leaning his forehead on the door, he tried to even up his breath. “Trust me, Daehyun. Because I love you…” He said softly but loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

                Daehyun didn’t say anything in return. Half of him admitted what Yongguk said was true but his other half still believed that he and Inguk truly loved each other. But after Yongguk confessed to him for real this time, his heart clenched painfully. His heart that once fully belonged to Inguk, was slowly dividing. He wanted it to stop but there’s nothing he could do.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                It’s been a while for Yongguk to sit on Daehyun’s bed, waiting for the other to come out of the bathroom. He had gone downstairs before in search for his phone and called the company, asking for a day off. He didn’t want to leave Daehyun on his own. He knew Daehyun needed him. He would just patiently wait until Daehyun came out, seeking for his embrace.

                The sudden sound of doorbell echoed throughout the house. Yongguk furrowed his brows, wasn’t expecting any guest today, not until he remembered about the idol guy. He got off the bed in haste, almost running to get the door.

                It really was Inguk, face covered in mask and shades, also wearing a cap to stay low when walking in public, moreover after the latest news. Both of him and Yongguk was staring sharply at each other like they were long lost enemies.

                “Where’s Daehyun?” Inguk asked impatiently after removing the mask.

                “Why do you want to see him?”

                Inguk rolled his eyes before pushing Yongguk to walk passed him. “Daehyun! Daehyun!” He shouted in a roaring voice.

                Yongguk saw the other was looking around the house before walking to the stairs and he quickly went to stop him, gripping tightly to the front collar. “What do you think you’re doing in my house?!”

                “None of your business! It’s between me and Daehyun!” Inguk roughly pushed the man who was blocking him.

                Yongguk stumbled a little before going back to Inguk. He brought the guy closer by grabbing to his shirt, with both of his hands this time. “Well that Daehyun you’re talking about is my wife!”

                Right after that being said, Inguk threw a punch across Yongguk’s face. The elder swung to the side, almost falling to the ground but he was quick to regain his balance.

                “Yongguk!” Daehyun screamed from the upper floor. He had just decided to show up when he heard Inguk was calling for him but this was not what he expected to see.

                He made his way down hurriedly to check on Yongguk. But before he could hold to his husband’s face, his wrist was pulled harshly by Inguk, making them to face each other. The guy didn’t even care when he yelped in pain.

                “It’s you isn’t it? You’re the one to break the news to the media, right?! How could you?!!” Inguk took off his shades, scowling at the smaller man.

                “Wha – ” Daehyun winced while trying to pull his hand back but his effort was in vain. “What’re you talking about? Why would you think it’s me?!”

                “If it’s not you then who else?!”

                “Let go of him!!” Yongguk shouted as he grasped Daehyun’s arm and shoved Inguk away.

                “You did it to take revenge on me right?” Inguk kept accusing the youngest of the three. His anger was totally out of control when he saw how close Daehyun was to another man.

                “No! I didn’t do it! I wouldn’t do something like that to you!” Daehyun was already crying as he stood behind Yongguk’s protective arm.

                Inguk scoffed. “Yeah, right. I can see that! With you two wearing like this…” He looked at them up and down in disgust. “You think I’m an idiot? I knew you’re celebrating my downfall by ing each other through the night, you ing !”

                “You son of a !” Yongguk lunged at the idol and never hesitated to strike him with a fist. “Watch what you’re calling him, er!”

                Daehyun let out a loud gasp while Inguk wouldn’t give up. A fight then broke out between them in the middle of the house. Both of them were equally strong and kept exchanging powerful punches. Daehyun couldn’t stand watching them getting more and more injuries. He ran to them, trying to stop the clash.

                “Inguk hyung! Stop it!” Daehyun grabbed onto the other’s arm as he was about to make another hit to Yongguk.

                “Get off me!” Inguk snarled while struggling with his locked arm.

                “No hyung! Stop! Please,” Daehyun was still clinging to him with tears clouding his eyes.

                Yongguk was panting as he watched Daehyun’s pleading. If Daehyun wanted them to stop then he would but if Inguk wanted to continue, he would too because that guy should know how much he had hurt Daehyun all this while and Yongguk had enough of holding his anger until today.

                “Why are you taking his side? Don’t you love me anymore?” Inguk was furious, his anger mixing with jealousy. “Stop touching me! Get off!” He yelled and pushed but Daehyun was stubborn. “I said get off!!”

                Daehyun was roughly shoved away, sending his small body to the ground. He screeched with pain when his knees made a hard contact with the floor while his head had bumped into the corner of the low table.

                It was an accident. Inguk didn’t mean it. He was too shocked by his own act that he couldn’t even move his feet to the younger but just stared at him with bulging eyes and gaping mouth.

                “Daehyun!” Something had triggered inside Yongguk as he watched the bleeding head of the person he loved. His face contorted with extreme outrage before he charged to the guy who was responsible for it. “You bastard! How dare you do that?!” Each word was sent along punches and kicks, bringing the idol closer and closer to the exit. Inguk was not fighting back. His eyes were fixed to Daehyun.

                “Get out of here!” Yongguk pushed him out and slammed the door shut before his face. He then made a quick run to the other who was still crying on the floor. “Daehyun, are you alright?” Cupping the wet face in his hands, he took a better look at the bleeding spot. There’s a cut just above his temple. It’s not that big but blood was still running down from it.

                Daehyun slowly nodded without lifting his head. He pressed a hand above Yongguk’s that was on his cheek before pulling it down into his view. With the amounts of scratches and abrasions on the back of the hand, Daehyun wouldn’t have to look at Yongguk’s face. The wounds must be worse than his.

                He ran his thumb over the red marks. “I’m sorry…” A tear fell into the elder’s hand as he murmured the words quietly. “I’m sorry…”

                Daehyun’s sobs became more obvious and Yongguk right away embraced the younger. “It’s not your fault…”

                Even if Daehyun thought it was a lie, Yongguk had made him feel at ease somehow. With all of the chaos happening around him, he had no one to lean for support except Yongguk. Only Yongguk could understand him, only Yongguk could let him to cry his heart out in his arms, and that was exactly what he did right now.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “Yes, mom. It really is me,” Daehyun admitted over the phone which was cradled between his head and his shoulder. His hands were busy putting a band aid on his cut in front of the mirror in the bathroom.

                “So it’s true you’re dating the idol?”

                “Yes mom, but – ”

                “But you’re married, Daehyun! You’re not supposed to do that!”

                “I’m dating him even before I’m married…” He grumbled.

                “What? And you didn’t tell me? Then why did you agree to get married in the first place?”

                “I…” He couldn’t think of any rational answer other than the deal he had with Yongguk. His mom would have a heart attack if she knew both of them were going to be divorced one day.

                “I don’t care, Daehyun. Your dad is so mad at you right now. It’s better for you to break up with him. You have a husband now. You need to protect the good name of your husband and our family.”

                Daehyun bit back his tears. He felt like everybody was against him right now, like he’s the bad guy when in fact he never did anything except living his life. What’s the purpose of breaking up with Inguk after three years of waiting? Why did everyone think it was so easy when it’s not?

                Getting out of the bathroom, the now fully dressed Daehyun brought along a first aid kit and went straight to Yongguk who was sitting on the couch. He took a seat beside him before opening the kit on the low table.

                “Did you cry again?” Yongguk asked, judging from the red and puffy eyes of the younger.

                “Nope,” Daehyun shook his head with confidence but of course the elder didn’t buy it. He took out the antiseptic wipes to clean the cuts on Yongguk’s face. There’s one at the eyebrow, at the cheekbone, at the lips and also bruises under the eye and the nose. Yongguk looked terrible with them.

                “Who did you talk to in there anyway?”

                “Mom.”

                “What did she say?”

                Daehyun sighed before taking an antiseptic cream from the first aid kit. “Just…what every mom would say,” He began to dab the ointment on the wounds with tweezers, softly and carefully, not to hurt his husband.

                Yongguk grimaced at the pain. It was not this painful when he was fighting back then. “Ackk!”

                Daehyun flinched away in reflex. “Sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! Did it really hurt?” He asked full of concern.

                “Kidding…” Yongguk grinned and he received a punch on the arm after that. “Oww! You’re making more damages to my body,” He complained playfully. “Here, you didn’t put a plaster on here yet,” He pointed to the cut at the corner of his lips.

                Daehyun huffed. He leaned closer and slowly put the plaster on the intended spot. But then his eyes trailed to the lips of the older man. They’re the same lips that had kissed him last night. They’re thick and full. No wonder they felt so good on his.

                His gaze diverted to the eyes. Yongguk was already staring at him. It was that deep look again. If Daehyun didn’t know what it meant last time, now he did. It was love.

                “I… I…” He cleared his throat, looking to his lap. “I’m going to make lunch,” Tidying up the first aid kit, Daehyun stood up and left with it.

                Yongguk just watched the younger went away. He was a little grateful because he almost lost control for the second time. He just hoped that he wouldn’t need to control it again next time.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Inguk denied it, reported the media. He alleged that the married university student was just a friend. Daehyun bit his lips as the tears were threatening to fall again. Well, what was he even expecting from that guy?

                Yongguk came out of nowhere from behind before turning off the TV with the remote. “Time to sleep,” He said and Daehyun complied. His husband was watching him all day. When he was looking at his phone for the news, Yongguk seized it. When he was receiving calls from unknown number, Yongguk blocked them. When he was reading all those negative and bad comments about him using his laptop, Yongguk shut it down too.

                “Don’t think too much. Just get some rest and a good sleep, okay?” Yongguk uttered when they arrived at Daehyun’s door.

                Daehyun played with his fingers. “That… C-Could you… umm… Could you…s-sleep here…again…tonight…?” He stuttered severely and his face was really red. He thought it was embarrassing but Yongguk thought it was adorable.

                The elder didn’t reply immediately as he’s admiring the cuteness in front of him whereas Daehyun assumed he would reject it. “I’ll…I’ll let you turn off the light…” He looked up with his big eyes.

                “You will?” Yongguk raised his brows. “Aren’t you afraid of the dark anymore?”

                Daehyun looked back down. “The dark’s still scary…but…I’ll be okay…if…you’re with me…” He muttered shyly, his voice getting lower and lower after each word.

                Yongguk chuckled before making his way into the room, pulling Daehyun along by his waist. “C’mon baby doll. No need to be afraid. I’m here.”

                Daehyun pouted at the teasing but he still rested his head on the elder’s chest nonetheless. He couldn’t help it. He needed someone to be by his side at times like this. Or he was just getting used to the other’s presence before going to sleep.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

Three things everybody wants in a relationship; eyes that won’t cry, lips than won’t lie, and love that won’t die.

 

 


"Yongguk! Inguk! Inguk! Yongguk!" Wth thank goodness Daehyun got their names right -_-

I'm overwhelming with bangdae feels rn idk why o(≧∇≦o)

Thank you sooo much to the upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers!!! Saranghabnida~ ♥♥♥