Chapter Seven

A Change Of Heart

                Daehyun was sitting at the dining table the next morning, nervously. He was so nervous to see Yongguk after the latest incident between them. He thought everything would be okay until he recalled what he had actually done. He was crying like a baby in front of Yongguk and nothing was more embarrassing than that.

                Yongguk casually entered the kitchen and took a seat across the other. “Morning,” He grabbed a toast that Daehyun had made earlier.

                “Morning…” Daehyun replied timidly, not looking at Yongguk as he was pouring the hot coffee into a cup for his husband.

                “What time will you finish your class today?” Yongguk asked.

                Daehyun looked up. He was relieved when Yongguk didn’t bring back the embarrassing incident and made a joke out of it. “Five. Why?”

                “I’ll pick you up. We’ll go grocery shopping,” Yongguk retorted as he was finishing his breakfast.

                “What about your work?”

                “I’m visiting the construction site today. I’ll go straight to your campus after that.”

                Daehyun just nodded at him, his eyes followed every moves of the elder from the moment Yongguk consumed the toast and drained the coffee before standing up to wear his jacket and taking his briefcase on the floor. He went to stand in front of Daehyun, resulting in a confused look from the younger.

                “Just…smile, okay?” Yongguk caressed Daehyun’s cheek with a genuine smile plastered on his face. Daehyun blinked his doe eyes a few times, trying to comprehend the message. Yongguk slowly walked out of the house after saying goodbye.  His mind was hoping that he had done the right thing. He really wanted to tell Daehyun not to think much about the ‘him’ guy, not to feel sad, not to cry, and just be happy because if Daehyun was happy, nothing would be better than that.

                Daehyun touched his reddening cheek after the elder had gone out, feeling weird at Yongguk’s act. He liked it when someone actually cared for him. It made him all giddy inside. Maybe today wouldn’t be so bad.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                As promised, Daehyun waited for his husband in front of the university’s gate. He went there right after his last class and sat on an available bench when Yongguk was not arrived yet. He was about to play a game in his phone before a woman took a place beside him.

                “Hey,” Jihyun said for Daehyun to look up at her. “Surprise?” She asked with a smirk.

                “What’re you doing here?”  Daehyun was a little startled by the other’s presence. He absolutely had no idea why would Jihyun come to talk to him at his campus. How did she even know he was studying here?

                “What else would I be doing here?” Jihyun rolled her eyes. She crossed her legs and turned slightly to Daehyun, gazing straight into his eyes. “So tell me, how did you convince Yongguk to marry you?” Daehyun’s eyes widened as he was taken aback by that question. “Did you seduce him?” Jihyun raised her eyebrows, eager to know the answer. When she got no response from the latter, she clicked her tongue while shaking her head. “I doubt it. You’re ugly.”

                “Shut up,” Daehyun glared at her. He shouldn’t have felt offended since his marriage with Yongguk was nothing but on a paper. On the contrary, Jihyun’s words somehow had triggered his anger.

                “You’re poor too, right? And want a rich husband,” Jihyun added.

                “I said shut up!” Daehyun stood up, looking menacingly at the woman.

                Feeling irritated, Jihyun too stood up and narrowed her eyes as she looked at Daehyun like he was the most disgusted thing she had ever seen. “You know what? With a guy like you, one day he will grow tired of you. He’ll not admit that you’re his partner anymore. He’ll act like you two don’t know each other. And he’ll dump you just like that.”

                Tears welled in Daehyun’s eyes. It’s true. It’s all true. Inguk had grown tired with him. Inguk wanted to pretend like they didn’t know each other. Inguk didn’t even treat him like he was his boyfriend anymore. It’s absolutely true and it hurt. He clenched his fists, trying to hold the tears from falling down.

                Jihyun lips turned into a sly smile seeing the speechless boy. “So, for your own good, while you still can, you better off.”

                “You should be the one to off!” Minsoo suddenly appeared between them with his back facing the surprised Daehyun. “Seriously, you never change.”

                “Shut the up, ,” Jihyun countered.

                Minsoo gritted his teeth to hold his rage. “You better get the away before I lose my control,” He pointed behind her back, telling her to leave in an instant.

                Jihyun huffed and flipped her hair in annoyance. She was ready to leave but decided to turn back at Daehyun. “Wait. One last thing, Yongguk used to love me,” She placed her hand on her chest. “All I have to do is to make him remember that,” She grinned before finally walked away from them.

                Minsoo’s face twisted in irritation. He turned to his brother-in-law and held his arms. “Daehyun, you okay?”

                Daehyun took a deep breath and nodded without looking at the other. He had blinked the tears away before anyone could see them.

                 “Don’t listen to her. She’s talking bull,” Minsoo wrapped his arm around Daehyun’s shoulders, bringing him closer to side hug him.

                Daehyun nodded again before braving himself to ask Minsoo a question that had been bugging him for a while. “Can I know… why did they break up?”

                Minsoo breathed out heavily. “She cheated on hyung. Hyung caught her having with another man,” Daehyun gasped. Minsoo chuckled at Daehyun’s honest reaction. “Hyung is very loyal in love, you know. No wonder he would have a massive breakdown after that.”

                They just stood in silence after that. Daehyun knew Yongguk had a hard time to cope with it. Maybe he made a right decision to help him getting rid of the woman.

                “Can you please not tell Yongguk hyung about this?” Minsoo spoke up.

                “About what?” Daehyun asked.

                “When Jihyun came to see you just now. I don’t want to give him more problems.”

                Daehyun smiled assuringly. “Sure. Of course I won’t tell him.”

                “Oh? There he is,” Minsoo said when he saw a familiar car stopped not far from their place. “Remember, don’t think too much about her, okay?”

                Daehyun nodded before proceeded to reach the car.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “How’s your day?” Yongguk asked as soon as Daehyun was settled in the passenger’s seat beside him.

                “Good,” Daehyun replied nonchalantly while keeping his eyes downcast.

                Yongguk shook his head. “Has anyone ever told you that you’re a bad liar?”

                Daehyun looked up at him. When he saw Yongguk was raising his eyebrows at him, his lips were pulled into a small smile. “My parents did,” He said, followed by some giggles.

                “That’s more like it,” Yongguk laughed a little, hearing those contagious angelic sounds from Daehyun. “You should wear that smile more often,” He poked Daehyun’s cheek. “You’re the prettiest when you smile.”

                The car started to move down the road to the nearest grocery store with an absent-minded Yongguk and a red faced Daehyun.

                 As they arrived at the grocery store, Yongguk parked his car at the parking area. Both of them got out of the car and walked side by side to the entrance. What Daehyun didn’t expect was when Yongguk rested his hand on Daehyun’s hip. His face remained expressionless.

                “What’re you trying to do?” Daehyun asked while glaring at the other.

                “What? I’m your husband. So I have to act like one. Parking lots can be havens for violent criminals, robbers and rapists! I must take a good care of you,” Yongguk stated his reason while pulling out a trolley.

                Daehyun rolled his eyes before giving Yongguk a look that said “Seriously?” and it was responded only with a foolish smile from him. Daehyun jutted out him bottom lip. He grabbed Yongguk’s hand to shift it from his hip to his waist. “This is enough. Let’s go.”

                Yongguk smiled widely at the younger although he was already making his way to find the groceries with his small body wrapped securely in his husband’s arm. He knew Daehyun must be embarrassed to be treated like that even if it was all an act. But Yongguk was enjoying it. He found that teasing Daehyun was amusing because nothing was more adorable that an annoyed Daehyun.

                “I don’t really have any idea on what should we buy…” Yongguk uttered as he scanned the shelves.

                “Don’t worry about it,” Daehyun suddenly brought out a list, a long list of the groceries that they needed to buy.

                “Wow…” That’s all Yongguk could say. Daehyun was the one who would do the cooking, so he must know better. Yongguk just shut his mouth as he followed Daehyun to get the food.

                When it’s time to buy the rice, Daehyun was being his picky self again. It had been ten minutes but he was still contemplating on which one he should buy.

                “Just take any of them!” Yongguk exclaimed.

                “I am going to take one when I asked you which is better! But you just shrugged and now you’re mad at me!” Daehyun returned.

                Yongguk scoffed. “They’re all the same!”

                “Okay, okay, alright!” Daehyun tried to pick up the large sack of rice but he was struggling with his weak arms.

                Yongguk shook his head and moved to lift the sack easily before placing it in the trolley while trying to hide his laugh. “Let’s go, kid.”

                Daehyun had a big pout on his face. “I’m not a kid, old man...” He mumbled, trailing behind Yongguk.

                Their trolley was gradually filled with bread, vegetables, fruits and other supplies. Yongguk diligently pushed the trolley beside his husband who was busy checking the list. While they were walking in between certain shelves, Yongguk saw his favourite food of all time; ramyun. He quickly went to grab two packets of it which had five in each.

                Before Yongguk could place them in the trolley, Daehyun yelled to stop him. “Yah! We don’t need that! Put it back.”

                “But I need it!” Yongguk protested, throwing the ramyun together with the other food in the trolley.

                “No! It’s not good for your health!” Daehyun took the ramyun and put them back on the shelves.

                “It’s not like I’m gonna eat all of them at once!” Yongguk grabbed the same packets and slammed them into the trolley.

                “No! We must buy what we need first!” The ramyun were now on the shelves again because of Daehyun.

                Yongguk bit his lower lips to hold his anger. “How do you think we need all of that but ramyun?!” He pointed to Daehyun’s long list.

                “We need them!” Daehyun flailed the list. “We need all of them but ramyun!”

                Yongguk huffed. He would never win with Daehyun. If only those lips of his didn’t look so attractive, he would’ve ripped them off…wait, what?

                Daehyun walked away from there to find other supplies. He didn’t have time to coax his angry husband. When Yongguk saw Daehyun was already a few meters in front, he took the chance to seize the ramyun and hid them below the other food in the trolley. “I’m going to pay for them anyway.”

                “Yongguk!” Daehyun called as the latter didn’t move from the previous place.

                “It’s yeobo! Yeobo!” Yongguk corrected, pushing the trolley to the younger.

                “Go get some milk and juice,” Daehyun commanded casually.

                “No, unless you call me yeobo,” Yongguk smirked.

                “Why..? There’s nobody here…” Daehyun whined.

                “We never knew if somebody’s watching us. Besides, it’s not that hard to say ‘yeobo’.”

                Daehyun sighed. “Fine, my handsome honey sweety hubby yeobo, please yeobo, can you please get me some milk..?” He said with batting eyelashes and puppy eyes.

                Yongguk totally wasn’t expecting that. He was stunned with Daehyun’s actions. If only this was real… Yongguk gulped down his saliva while closing his eyes. He shook his head to erase the extremely adorable face of Daehyun before silently walked away to do what his husband had told him to.

                After quite a while, Yongguk was looking for Daehyun from shelves to shelves although he was not really ready to face him. “It’s okay Bang Yongguk… Why are you being like this?! Oh my god…” He mumbled to himself. He already lost the verbal battle and he wouldn’t let Daehyun to win the mind battle too.

                Yongguk stopped when he spotted the younger engrossed in choosing some canned food. An idea popped in his head. He smiled smugly as he slowly approached Daehyun from behind. When he was close enough, he shouted out loud. “HAH!!!”

                “ARGHHH KKAMJJAGIYAAA!!!” Daehyun’s body shook violently, the canned food in his hands were thrown everywhere.

                Yongguk’s laughs were uncontrolled when he saw the frightened Daehyun. He was pressing his stomach, happy tears flew out from his eyes.

                Daehyun turned around at his stupid husband, his lips pursed with anger. “Yah! That’s not funny!”

                “It was! You should see it by yourself!” Yongguk laughed more.

                “Aish! Shibal!”

                Yongguk shut up immediately at the curse word. So Daehyun knew how to curse… Well, of course. He was already twenty.

                “Is there a problem here?” A guard came from nowhere to check on them.

                “Yes, this guy-” Daehyun wanted speak but Yongguk was fast to turn him around, bringing his face to the elder’s chest.

                “Nothing… I’m his husband. We’re just having small fights,” Yongguk smiled sheepishly while trying to calm the struggling Daehyun in his arms.

                “May I ask him if it’s true?” The guard referred to Daehyun.

                Yongguk released Daehyun from his embrace but his arm was encircled around Daehyun’s waist. Daehyun glared at him but Yongguk just gave an arched up eyebrow.

                Daehyun breathed out before answering the guard. “Yes, he is… Forgive me and my husband…”

                “Well… okay then,” The guard bowed and left them.

                “Saranghae jagiya…” Yongguk playfully whispered to Daehyun’s ear, earning an annoyed Daehyun who stuck out his tongue at him.

                The rest of the shopping was done peacefully as they didn’t want to attract any guard’s attention again. They were going to the cashier to pay for the supplies but Daehyun managed to pull Yongguk to the food tasting.

                “Yes, welcome young men. Have a taste,” The lady said.

                Daehyun unashamedly picked a sausage with his hand and took a bite of it.

                “Why don’t you cut it into smaller pieces?” Yongguk asked. “And we have to eat it with bare hands?”

                “Why? It’s nothing… I don’t have time to do that,” The lady replied with a smile. “Why don’t you give some to your hyung?” She said to Daehyun.

                “I’m not his hyung. I’m his husband,” Yongguk rectified.

                Daehyun’s mouth twitched with annoyance. “Must you tell that to everybody in the world?”

                “What? It’s not like I’m lying.”

                “Really? Aigoo… you two make a cute couple! Have some more!” The lady offer them more sausages.

                Daehyun took another as he had finished the first one.

                “Tsk, I really don’t want to dirty my hand,” Yongguk muttered but the way Daehyun was eating it making it seemed so delicious. The sausage was almost finished. Daehyun put the little piece of it into his mouth for another bite. Seeing the chance, Yongguk pulled Daehyun’s hand so that he could bite the other end of the sausage.

                “Mmm…it’s okay…” Yongguk commented, nodding his head in approvement.

                Daehyun could only blink his bulging eyes at the other. What just happened? His mind was all fuzzy. The only thing he knew was that his lips had touched by Yongguk’s. Yes, his lips touched Yongguk’s lips. And he felt weird… Why would his body freeze like this? It’s just like the feelings he had during their wedding kiss. Wait, kiss?! It’s not like they kissed or something… Did they?!

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

“If you love someone… you’ll always want them to smile.” — Yongguk

 


yes they definitely kissed T_T

forgive me if this chapter's not good enough omg im so sleepy -.-

thanks a lot to upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers! i reaaaaalllly appreciate it ♥♥♥