Chapter Five

A Change Of Heart

                The next morning, Yongguk only woke up when his body decided it was enough of sleeping. He rubbed his face before turning to his side to see the person he just married yesterday. Daehyun was still in deep sleep, not showing any signs that he would wake up soon. He was squeezing the stuffed bunny and his face was hidden behind it.

                Yongguk propped up his body using his elbow and rested his head in his hand. “How can he breathe like that?” He then realized that Daehyun was barely moving from his previous position last night, making him such a polite sleeper. The stuffed bunny was pulled slowly by Yongguk but like an instinct, Daehyun tightened his grip on it as his face was about to be revealed. “Hmm… cute,” Yongguk mumbled.

                “Daehyun-ah…” Yongguk called him to wake him up. But Daehyun didn’t budge.

                “Daehyun-ah…” He tried again. Daehyun shifted a little and rubbed his eyes.

                “Hey, wake up. It’s afternoon already,” Yongguk said while sitting up properly on the bed.

                Daehyun hummed in response and back to hugging his bunny. As Yongguk was about to wake him up again, the elder jumped back when Daehyun suddenly jolted up from the bed. The younger let out a loud gasp as he saw the wall clock was already 12.30 p.m. “Huh?! Really?!”

                “Yeap,” Yongguk nodded.

                “Why didn’t you wake up me earlier?!” Daehyun yelled at him. He got off the bed to go to the bathroom. “I should’ve woken up early today. I need to be a good son-in-law. I need to make the bed, I need to help my mother-in-law to cook, I need to make a coffee for my husband, for my father-in-law, and…. Oh, I have a brother-in-law too…” The rambling voice slowly disappeared behind the bathroom door.

                Yongguk was still on the bed, with his mouth hung opened. “Wow...he nagged as soon as he woke up…”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            Yongguk and Daehyun made their way down and went straight to the kitchen. Yongguk’s mom would usually prepare the lunch at this hour.

                “Hey, mom,” Yongguk greeted Mrs. Bang before moving to the refrigerator.

                She turned to them while washing the vegetables at the sink. “Oh, hey boys. Good…afternoon…?” She teased.

                Daehyun blushed. “I’m sorry if I woke up late. I know I should’ve woken up earlier,” He bowed to her.

                “What’re you sorry for? It’s common for a newly-wed couple,” She wiggled her eyebrows at both of them. Daehyun blushed harder but Yongguk just played it cool.

                “We didn’t do much last night. Daehyun’s really tired. Right, jagi?” Yongguk asked after he poured some orange juice into a glass and had a sip on it.

                Daehyun widened his eyes at the other. How could he speak lightly about that thing in front of his mother? Yongguk just smirked and winked at him. His mom broke into a fit of laughter.

                “So you guys are calling each other by nicknames already. I see…” Mrs. Bang smiled while nodding her head. “Are you hungry? Because you missed your breakfast. I’ll make the lunch faster.”

                “I’ll help you,” Daehyun volunteered.

                “You don’t have to, Daehyunie. It’s only your first day in this house,” She retorted.

                “It’s okay. I always help my mom at home,” He smiled reassuringly.

                “Really? I bet you’re good at cooking then?”

                “I can cook but I’m not that good,” Daehyun showed the humble side of him.

                Mrs. Bang handed him an apron to wear and they began to do their work. Yongguk was glad that Daehyun could get along with his family just fine, totally opposite from his past lover. He stepped out of the kitchen, going to join his father and Minsoo in the living room.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “Did Daehyun cook all these?” Yongguk was pretty amazed to see all the mouth-watering dishes of the table.

                “Yeah, most of them,” His mother replied as he took a seat beside her husband.

                “Wah… they look so good…” Minsoo said while his lips.

                “You’re lucky to have Daehyun as your life partner. I guess you won’t stay so skinny after this,” His father joked around.

                Daehyun smiled shyly beside Yongguk. He was filling his husband’s bowl with some rice before giving it to him. “Here you go, hyu- yeo-yeobo.”

                Yongguk laughed at Daehyun’s mistake, followed by the others. Daehyun was really embarrassed when he stuttered, but he was more embarrassed to call Yongguk as yeobo.

                “Aigoo…Daehyunie is so cute. You may take some time to call each other like that,” Mrs. Jung said.

                “So, brother-in-law Daehyun,” Minsoo spoke up as they began their lunch. “I was supposed to call you hyungnim since you’re married to my hyung… but you know… I’m older that you… so it’s kinda…”

                “Oh, it’s okay. Just call me Daehyun,” Daehyun cut in on the hesitating Minsoo.

                “That’s more like it,” Minsoo nodded. “I’ve done your transfer to my college. You can start going to class next week.”

                “Really? Thank you! Can we go together? I’m not familiar with this place,” Daehyun asked with a sheepish smile.

                “Yeah, sure. Of course,” Minsoo replied before beginning to gobble down the food.

                “Have you guys thought about your honeymoon?” Mr. Bang questioned.

                “Nope,” Yongguk shook his head. “I have lots of works to do. I need to get back to my job next Monday. I don’t think we’ll go for a honeymoon anytime soon.”

                “All you care is about your work. What about Daehyun? Don’t you think he wants to go on a holiday together?” Mrs. Bang complained about his eldest son’s attitude that just focused on his job. It started after his last break up with Jihyun because that was the only way he could get her out of his mind.

                “No, no, no. I’m okay with it,” Daehyun spoke up. There’s no point to go on a honeymoon anyway for him, just a waste of money.

                “Oh, and we’ll move to our own house the day after tomorrow,” Yongguk added.

                “That fast?” Mrs. Bang seemed surprise as well as her husband.

                Daehyun too was not that different from them since Yongguk didn’t tell him about that plan before. Although he thought that was better for both of them. He wouldn’t have to put on an act everyday.

                “Yeah, ‘cause I’m afraid I’m gonna be busy after this,” Yongguk gave his reason and continued to dig his food.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            Daehyun just finished helping his mother-in-law to wash the dishes. He didn’t know what else to do, so he made his way to the bedroom with his phone in his hand. He had tried to call Inguk for several times but there was no answer. It made sense since he had debuted for two months already.  His boyfriend must’ve been very busy. He really wanted him to give Inguk a full support during his debut days and one way to do that was going to the showcase. If he was lucky, they could meet each other and release all their longing feelings until their hearts content.

                Daehyun sighed when his call was unanswered again. Lazily, he pushed the bedroom door and the sight that greeted him was inevitable.

                “AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” The shrill noise resonated throughout the whole house.

                Yongguk yelped and on reflex, covered his shirtless body. He quickly turned around only to find Daehyun was screaming with his eyes closed tightly. If he didn’t shut him up now, his family would come here to check on them.

                Yongguk ran to Daehyun and covered his mouth with his hand. Another hand secured him in an embrace. As on cue, his parents and Minsoo reached their room, looking very worried. “What happened?!”

                “N-Nothing!” Yongguk uttered nervously. Daehyun had turned silent once he heard the others’ voices. But Yongguk’s hand was still on his mouth and his body was pressed against Yongguk’s bare one. He was afraid to open his eyes and looked directly to the elder’s collarbone.

                “Daehyun…saw a cockroach! Yes, there’s a cockroach here…just now…” Yongguk made a fake story while Daehyun’s head, acting like he was comforting the younger.

                “Really? Where? Let me kill it!” Minsoo said.

                “No, I killed it already. You guys can go now. Bye,” Yongguk slowly closed the door as he was talking.

                He let out a heavy breath and released his hold on Daehyun. “Damn, you’re loud,” He complained.

                “Put on your shirt,” Daehyun demanded with his eyes still closed.

                Yongguk noticed the slight pink on Daehyun’s cheek. He smirked to himself. “Why? Am I that hot?” He teased while putting on a shirt.

                “No, you’re not!” Daehyun pouted, his face was getting redder without him knowing.

                “Yeah, right,” Yongguk walked passed Daehyun to get out of the room. But not before he gave the younger a light pat on the cheek. “Get dressed. I'm going to take you for a walk.”

                Daehyun’s eyes snapped open at the odd feelings of Yongguk’s touch on his cheek. It reminded him of the incident in the narrow alley. The feelings were still the same too. He didn’t know what was it but decided that he didn’t like it. Daehyun pouted while rubbing his cheek before going to the wardrobe to wear better clothes.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            Seoul didn’t have much different from his hometown, Daehyun thought. It’s just more…advanced. And developed. He began to get bored seeing the tall buildings and busy traffics. Yongguk noticed it and carved a small smile. “Where do you wanna go?”

                Daehyun turned to him and shrugged. “How should I know… I don’t live here.”

                Yongguk chuckled at him. Now he knew where he should bring the latter to. After a few more minutes of walking, they reached a large park in the middle of the city. Yongguk led Daehyun to a beautiful lake full of flowers and swans.

                Daehyun looked around the place in awe. The place was surrounded with tall and shady trees, making the air felt so fresh. “You like it?” Yongguk asked. Daehyun nodded with a wide smile.

                “This is my favourite place in Seoul,” Yongguk stated. “C’mon,” He told Daehyun to follow him to the small bridge in the middle of the lake. There were not a lot of people today, so they got the full bridge by themselves.

                The fish in the lake could clearly be seen from the place they’re standing. Daehyun was enjoying his time to observe them. He giggled when he saw the swans were making their way to him. “Anyeong!” said Daehyun cutely before laughing by himself.

                Yongguk who was silently looking at the animals took a glance at Daehyun. But Daehyun’s smiling face forced him to take a second glance at the younger, longer this time. He looked prettier when he laughed, Yongguk thought. Then, he began to question why did he feel calmer when he gazed at the beautiful face, like it was better from the beautiful scene at the park.

                He kept staring at Daehyun until his ringing phone startled both of them. Yongguk checked on the caller before walking away. “I need to take this call.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            Yongguk sighed after he finished talking about his work on the phone. He was not back to his work yet but it had started to bother his life. His phone was shoved into his pocket as he turned around to go back to Daehyun.

                “Oppa!”

                Quickly, Yongguk stopped his track and turned to the source of voice. Jihyun jogged to him with a happy face while waving her hand.

                “I’m so lucky to find you here!” She stopped right in front of Yongguk. “I know you’ll always come to your favourite place. Why don’t you tell me you changed your number?!” Jihyun complained like a whiny girlfriend she used to be.

                “Why should I? I don’t know you,” Yongguk replied in annoyance. He was about to continue his walk but the woman halted him.

                “Let’s take a walk together!” Jihyun held onto his arms.

                Yongguk immediately yanked his arm away. “Don’t!” He yelled, making Jihyun froze on her spot. Her smile was replaced with a shocked face.

                Yongguk glared at her like he was about to kill his prey in anytime. But Jihyun just kept staring at him in disbelief. They were speechless for quite a while, thinking on how to handle the situation.

                “Yeobo!” Daehyun shouted from a distance. Both of Yongguk and Jihyun turned their heads to him.

                A sigh of relief came out from Yongguk’s mouth. He hastily walked to Daehyun and wrapped his arm around his waist to make Daehyun walked along with him.

                “Wait!” Jihyun appeared in front of them. “Who’s he?” She asked Yongguk. “Why did he call you like that?”

                “Like what?” Yongguk asked quizzically before he remembered about it. “Ah… that’s because he could.”

                “What do you mean by that?” Jihyun was puzzled.

                “He’s my wedded partner, Daehyun,” Yongguk uttered.

                “What?!” Jihyun’s eyes bulged out. She took a good look at Daehyun from up and down.

                Daehyun on the other hand was feeling tortured. He had a reason why he called Yongguk just now. Initially, he wanted to wait for them to finish talking but he really needed to pee. He had looked for a toilet but couldn’t find one. That’s why he called Yongguk like what the elder had told him to when somebody else was around.

                “I really need to pee,” Daehyun whispered to Yongguk with a hand shielding his mouth and Yongguk’s ear. Yongguk almost laughed at that but he managed to hold it in, only his lips were curved upwards.

                “You’re married to this guy?!” Jihyun asked like it was the most unacceptable thing ever. “This…ugly guy?”

                This time, it was Yongguk’s eyes that almost popped out from his socket. “Watch your mouth!” He shouted, startling both of Jihyun and Daehyun. “Nothing is uglier than you! You’re the one who’s ugly! Inside and out!” He remarked before leaving the place while pulling Daehyun’s hand.

                Jihyun was dumbstruck. She could only hung wide open without bothering to stop the couple again when they walked passed her. Daehyun on the other hand, was too shock to see Yongguk got angry like that. He’s not like the calm person Daehyun knew. That’s why he was too afraid to tell Yongguk to slow down although his bladder felt like it was going to burst out in anytime.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            “So…the woman just now… is she your ex?” Daehyun asked timidly after he had finished his business in the public toilet at the back of the park. It took a while for him to speak again as he saw Yongguk was not in the mood as they’re walking home, but he was just too curious about it.

                “Yup,” Yongguk replied. “I’m sorry about what she said earlier.”

                “What? About me being ugly? You know that she’s right,” Daehyun said.

                “No, you’re pretty!” Yongguk turned to Daehyun. When he saw the latter looked bewildered, only then he realized what he just said. “I-I mean… of course you’re pretty. You’re not ugly… If you’re not ugly…you must be pretty…but you are pretty…” He stuttered with blush spread out on his face.

                Daehyun was flustered by Yongguk’s statement. He averted his gaze from the elder and kept his eyes downcast with his cheeks still burning from embarrassment.

                Yongguk scratched the back of his neck during the awkward silence. They kept on walking without saying a word until they arrived at their parents’ house. As Yongguk was about to open the door, he retreated his hand and turned around to Daehyun who was confused with his action.

                “Y-You did well… when you called me at the park… I mean I was thinking on how to get away from her…and you came on the right time…” Yongguk said, avoiding any kind of eye contact with Daehyun. He finally looked up after he finished his speech and sent a broad smile to the other. “Thank you,” He patted Daehyun’s soft hair before making his way into the house.

                Daehyun was still standing on the same spot after Yongguk disappeared into the house. He was dumbfounded until he realized the odd feelings had come again. “Aish! He needs to stop that…all the patting…thing… hmph!” He huffed angrily and stomped into the house.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

You don’t get to choose who to love. It just happens.

 

 


Two more weeks before i get a week break from this hectic student life T_T

anyway thanks to all of you! Saranghae~ ♥♥♥