Chapter Six

A Change Of Heart

               Yongguk was driving his car to the new house with Daehyun at the passenger seat. A moving truck was following behind them to carry all their belongings. It would only take twenty minutes to go there by car but Daehyun was already feeling bored since Yongguk didn’t say much while driving.

                “What song is this? So loud…” Daehyun uttered, referring to the rock song currently played by the radio. He was clutching to his stuffed bunny as he glanced at the elder.

                “Not as loud as you,” Yongguk murmured.

                “What?” Daehyun asked when he missed Yongguk’s words.

                “Why? I like this song,” Yongguk changed his respond.

                “But I don’t. I’m gonna change it,” Daehyun pressed a button on the radio to seek for another station. He only stopped after he heard a ballad song on air.

                “Yah! Who said that you can change it? Change it back!” Yongguk demanded.

                “No! I’m gonna listen to this song and you keep on driving,” Daehyun protested.

                Yongguk glared at the other and scoffed at him. “You’re not like this when we came here from Busan. And it took five hours of journey!”

                “That’s because I fell asleep!” Daehyun snapped back.

                Yongguk couldn’t say anything anymore. Every time he said something in return, he would be the one to get annoyed and mad. So, he just shut up with a sulky face.

                Daehyun on the other hand didn’t care about anything except listening to his favourite song. When it came to the chorus part, he involuntarily sang along to the lyrics. His melodic voice grabbed Yongguk’s attention. The elder quickly took a glimpse of Daehyun who was too deep into the song, singing with his eyes closed and smiling lips. And suddenly, all of his anger faded away.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “Woahhh…” Daehyun was absolutely in awe as soon as a huge bungalow came into his view.

                “Woahhh…” Daehyun exclaimed after he stepped into the house. All the furniture was neatly arranged according to their places.

                “Woahhh…” Daehyun was amused by how big the kitchen and toilets could be in there. In conclusion, everything was perfect and he liked it. He didn’t expect Yongguk’s design would be this great. His husband must be one of the best architects in Seoul.

                “Could you please stop that?” Yongguk asked in annoyance. He was busy going back and forth to take their luggage into the house while all Daehyun did was running around from one place to another in excitement.

                He decided to build this house two years ago, when his relationship with Jihyun was still good. They planned to move here and live together after the construction was finished. But because of Jihyun’s stupid act, the house was left unoccupied until now.

                “Let’s go upstairs and choose which room you wanna stay in,” Yongguk said, waiting for Daehyun at the staircase.

                Daehyun averted his attention from the nice view outside the window to look at Yongguk. The latter cocked his head as a signal for Daehyun to follow him.

                After half an hour of thinking, checking and testing, Daehyun chose the middle room between another two rooms beside it. That’s because it was slightly bigger and had a nice view.

                “Finally!” Yongguk shouted. “I don’t know it took such a long time to choose a room,” He complained.

                Daehyun shook his head. “You don’t understand satisfaction.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            The next day, Yongguk was making a ruckus in that house whereas Daehyun had just woken up from his sleep. The younger rubbed his eyes groggily as he went to check on the other in his room.

                “Why are you being so noisy in the morning?” He asked before letting out a yawn.

                “I can’t find my socks! I forgot where I put them!” Yongguk replied while rummaging through his suitcase, creating a mess in that room. He didn’t even have time to unpack because he was too busy to prepare for work today.

                Daehyun gasped when he realized that today was Monday. “Thank god I don’t have early class,” He sighed in relief. “Do you want breakfast?”

                “I’m late already! And my socks are my first priority right now!”

                Daehyun rolled his eyes and went back to his bedroom. After a short moment, he returned to Yongguk and held out a pair of socks to him.

                Yongguk looked up with questioning face. “What’s this?”

                “Socks,” Daehyun answered nonchalantly.

                “They’re not mine,” Yongguk shook his head as he checked out the socks in Daehyun’s hand.

                “Well yes, because they’re mine,” Daehyun said and shoved them to the other.

                Yongguk’s eyes widened. He took the socks and looked at the younger in disbelief. “You mean you want me to wear these?! Hell no!” He flailed the light blue socks that had a pattern of pink polka-dots on them.

                Daehyun shrugged his shoulders. “As you wish. But I just don’t want your feet to freeze out there or sweat in your shoes and turned stinky when you get home.”

                The reluctance was clearly showed on Yongguk’s face. But what other choice did he have? He finally gave in and put them on. “Fine…”

                Daehyun accidently giggled when he saw the manly Yongguk wearing those cute socks, resulting in a glare from the elder. Yongguk stood up from the bed and wore his jacket. “Do you want me to send you to the campus?”

                “No, it’s okay. Minsoo said he’s going to pick me up,” Daehyun said in response.

                “Alright then. Good luck on your first day. I’m going now,” Yongguk grabbed his briefcase and smiled at Daehyun before going out of the room.

                “Okay, bye!”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “Hey, hyung! How’re your days off?” Joonmyeon asked as he casually entered Yongguk’s office.

                “Great,” Yongguk replied although he was still absorbed to the paperwork on his desk.

                “I don’t really wanna say this but damn, Daehyun is pretty!” Joonmyeon chirped before sitting down on a chair facing Yongguk. He did attend the wedding ceremony but he didn’t want to praise Daehyun in front of his own wedded partner who followed him there.

                “Of course he’s pretty. He’s my partner,” Yongguk agreed absentmindedly.

                “Yeah… I really wish Kyungsoo can stay pretty like the time before we have our first child…” Joonmyeon shook his head, feeling frustrated.

                Yongguk put down the paperwork and stretched out his body on the chair. “Why are we talking about family matters during our work hours?”

                “Well,” Joonmyeon was about to give his reason but something from under the table caught his attention. It was Yongguk’s feet with his pants rode up, showing the tops of the colourful socks inside his shoes.

                “Oh. My. God! Seriously?!” He got up and went to kneel down beside Yongguk. Before Yongguk could do anything, he pulled the left shoe, revealing the full view of the cute socks.

                “BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” Joonmyeon burst out of laughter whereas Yongguk was so red.

                “Since when??” He asked while wiping the tears at the corners of his eyes.

                “They’re not mine! They’re Daehyun’s!” Yongguk clarified sternly as he put back his shoe in haste.

                “How could he make you wear these? You hardly wear pink shirt before. And now you’re wearing these cute socks!” Joonmyeon continued to laugh out loud in the wide office room.

                Yongguk wanted to snap back in return but then he realized that he himself didn’t even know why he could easily comply with Daehyun. Even when Jihyun bought him a green tie when they were still a couple, he never wore it. Not even once. So why Daehyun? What did Daehyun have done to him?

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “Hey! Sorry if I made you wait too long,” Minsoo said as he jogged to Daehyun right after he finished the last class for the day.

                “Nah, it’s okay,” Daehyun retorted while standing up from the bench in the hallway before slinging his bag on his shoulder. They began walking side by side to the car at the parking area.

                “How about we grab some coffee first?” Minsoo asked when they just got into the car.

                “Sure,” Daehyun nodded.

                The coffee shop was pretty crowded. Maybe because it is a famous coffee shop. And also the fact that people were returning from their works at that time.

                “I’ll get the coffee. You can go find a seat for us,” Daehyun uttered. Minsoo complied and stated what coffee he wanted to the other before moving further inside to find an available table.

                As Daehyun was waiting in the line, he took a look at the surrounding since it was the first time he got there. When it was the turn for the guy in front of him to make an order, he found that the voice was a little too familiar for him. He grabbed the chance and peeked at the guy’s face from behind.

                That guy noticed a presence beside him. He quickly turned and found Daehyun was staring at him with wide eyes. But not as wide as him. His face looked like he just saw a ghost.

                “Inguk…hyung..?” Daehyun muttered. His lips slowly formed a smile.

                In instant, Inguk grasped Daehyun’s wrist before pulling him to the back of the shop, into the washroom. The door was slammed closed and Daehyun was brought to lean against the wall.

                “Daehyun?” Inguk scanned the small body in front of him like it was not real. “What’re you doing here?!”

                “Hyung! I miss you!” Daehyun exclaimed as he hugged the latter tightly. But it was just for a second when Inguk struggled to get out of his grip.

                “Shhh! Slow down your voice!” Inguk warned in a low voice. He looked completely uneasy with the situation.

                Daehyun was taken aback by his lover’s act. This was a new thing. Inguk had never been this way since they started dating. Usually, he was the one who would cling to Daehyun, hug him all day and shower him with kisses.

                Daehyun shook the memories out of his head and thought that maybe Inguk was scared if anybody found him here. He was an idol after all. “Hyung…” He smiled again. “I’m so glad I met you here!”

                Inguk snorted. “You’re glad?” He asked sarcastically. “You didn’t even come to my showcase!”

                “I missed your showcase..?” Daehyun blinked. “But… I didn’t know when was it…” His eyebrows knitted together.

                “I called you last time. But you hung up on me!” Inguk raised his voice, making Daehyun flinched.

                “I tried to call you again after that!” Daehyun countered.

                “I told you I didn’t have free time! Besides, you could look up on the internet but I guess I’m not that important for you to waste your time like that!”

                “I was busy! I was so busy with my study, the exams, the marri-….” Daehyun suddenly remembered Inguk was not supposed to know that he was married. He looked down before continuing. “I have moved to Seoul.”

                Inguk’s eyes widened in surprise. “What?! Why?!”

                “So that I can see you…” Daehyun said but it was totally drowned by the ringtone from Inguk’s phone. The other immediately picked it up like it was more important than the conversation he was having right now.

                When he’s done, Inguk placed his hand on Daehyun’s shoulder. “I have to go. I’ll call you later, okay? But for the time being, just act like we didn’t know each other,” With that, he made his way out of the washroom, leaving Daehyun just like that.

                Silence engulfed the room. Daehyun felt suffocated. A tear rolled down his cheek, followed by another, and soon, they were streaming down his face. He tried to wipe them off with the back of his hands but they didn’t seem to stop flowing out.

                Inguk didn’t say that he missed him, that he wanted to see him so bad, that he was just thinking about him all the time. Inguk got mad at him, for the very first time, Inguk raised his voice at him, not even listening to what he tried to say. Inguk didn’t hug him, he didn’t his head, or caress his face. Inguk didn’t kiss him like he used to. Inguk was not the same anymore. He had changed.

                Daehyun began to cry his heart out at the thought. He squatted down in the middle of the washroom, hiding his wet face in his hands. He knew Minsoo was waiting for him outside, but he needed some time to be calmed.

                In the midst of that, his phone rang in his pocket. Slowly, he reached for it before looking at the caller’s ID. It was Yongguk. Daehyun hastily rubbed his face and his runny nose with his sleeve and took a deep breath to answer the call.

                “H-Hello..?” Daehyun was trying hard not to stutter while controlling his voice.

                On the other hand, Yongguk was still in his office, taking a short break from his work. His thoughts earlier brought him back to Daehyun. He knew he younger must have finished his classes by now. That’s why he decided to give him a call.

                Yongguk could sense something was wrong in Daehyun’s voice, but then he thought he was the one who heard it wrong. “Hey, Daehyun. Are you home yet?”

                “No… I’m at the coffee shop…with Minsoo…” Daehyun’s voice crack at the mention of Minsoo’s name. He bit his lips while shutting his eyes at his own mistake.

                Now, Yongguk was sure something was off. He sat up in his chair with worried face. “Are you…okay? Are you really with Minsoo?”

                Daehyun stood up and went to the mirror to check on his face. His eyes were a little bit puffy, but other than that, there was no evidence he had been crying. “Yeah, of course I’m okay,” He tried to put an act. “I’m in the washroom actually. Minsoo’s waiting outside.”

                Yongguk somehow didn’t buy it. But he decided to shrug it off since Daehyun sounded like he was trying hard to hide something. “Well, what do you want for dinner?”

                “Anything’s fine,” Daehyun replied. He wanted to cook the dinner by himself but they didn’t have time to do the grocery shopping yet. They also had a take-out last night.

                “Okay. I’ll be home at seven. See ya,” Yongguk end the call with a sigh. His mind kept asking the same question; is Daehyun okay?

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Daehyun plopped down on the couch. Today was tiring. It was his first day at the new university. Everything was fine until he met Inguk. Then, he had to lie to Minsoo about having a stomachache that made the other waited for so long. But not before dealing with his concern husband. At least, Yongguk was concern about him. And they didn’t even love each other like Inguk and him.

                “I’m home.”

                Daehyun frowned. He sat up on the couch to look at the door. “Yongguk? I thought you’re coming back at seven?” He averted his eyes at his watch. The time was five past six.

                “I thought so too,” Yongguk said while putting a plastic bag on the low table. He placed his briefcase on the couch together with his jacket.

                “And..?” Daehyun raised his eyebrows, wanting a solid reason from the older.

                Yongguk smiled at him as he was loosening his tie. “And… I came home early!” He spread his hands with a happy face. “Now, who’s hungry?” He took the plastic bag and went to the kitchen.

                Daehyun huffed before following him with a pouty mouth. They sat across each other at the dining table. Yongguk diligently served the food to his partner.

                “What did you buy?” Daehyun asked.

                “Food,” Yongguk answered.

                Daehyun clicked his tongue as he glared at the other. Yongguk was having fun making him annoyed. Little that he knew, Yongguk just wanted to cheer him up. Or trying to cheer him up because he didn’t really know how to do it. Maybe by annoying him, according to Yongguk, could make Daehyun forget about whatever problem he was having.

                They were eating peacefully until Daehyun suddenly poked out his tongue. “Hot…spicy…” He was fanning himself with his hand, desperately searching for water.

                Yongguk quickly shoved him the drink he bought earlier. Daehyun grabbed it before pouring it down his throat. That act only made him regret seconds later when he coughed violently, the water dripping out from his mouth.

                “What’s this?!” Daehyun asked, looking at the water bottle.

                “It’s grape juice,” Yongguk said in response.

                “Grape juice?! I hate grape juice! How could you give me grape juice?!” Daehyun slammed the bottle on the table, causing the juice to spurt out of it.

                “How should I know that?! You said anything’s fine! So I bought anything!” Yongguk defended himself. He was a little shocked to see Daehyun got emotional just because of that.

                “Anything’s not fine! They’re not fine!” Daehyun snapped. His hands were flailing everywhere. “I hate grape juice! I hate spicy food! I hate everything!” He was on the brink of tears at the moment. “I hate him…” He mumbled the last words. The tears couldn’t be controlled anymore as they were leaking from his eyes. Daehyun covered his face with his hands.

                Yongguk felt guilty. Although he knew it was not entirely his fault. He wondered who was the ‘him’ guy Daehyun was saying. But he wouldn’t force Daehyun to talk about it. Daehyun would tell him when he wanted to tell him. So maybe for now, lending his shoulder for Daehyun to cry was the best thing he could do.

                Yongguk quickly ran to the other side. He turned Daehyun’s body in the seat to hug him tightly. “Daehyun… I’m sorry. I’ll never buy grape juice again. I’ll never buy spicy food again. Please, don’t be like this…” Yongguk missed his smile, his laugh, his bubbly self. Seeing Daehyun like that almost made him cry too.

                Daehyun buried his face just above Yongguk’s stomach as Yongguk was standing while hugging him that was still sitting. “I hate him…” He said trough gritted teeth. His hands firmly held to Yongguk’s shirt. He had no idea why he was saying that to Yongguk. But he really needed to let out all of his frustrated feelings to someone.

                Yongguk’s heart clenched when he saw Daehyun was hurting like that. Seriously, who could do this to him? It made Yongguk angry just to think of that guy. “Shhh… It’s okay…” He cooed, softly Daehyun’s head to calm him down. And Daehyun did.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real.

 


Sorry for the late update (シ_ _)シ

Thanks a lot for being patient

Here are some BangDae things for you guys :D

cr to owners :)