Chapter Twelve

A Change Of Heart

             Daehyun didn’t know how to react. He didn’t talk to Yongguk for the past few days after the unexpected confession. He just locked himself in his room, thinking whether Yongguk was joking around with him or not. But the elder had left him just like that after he said that he fell for him. Maybe Yongguk knew he would be too shock to respond. Yongguk totally understand him and that made Daehyun thought back about his relationship with the other. Did he consider Yongguk as a friend? Did he treat Yongguk nicely because he’s his husband? Or they’re just a housemate?

                “Are you okay?”

                Daehyun broke out of his trance at the question. He turned to Minsoo as they were walking to their respective classes. “Yeah. Why? I don’t look okay?”

                “Did you have a fight with hyung?”

                “What?” Daehyun snorted. “Why would you think like that?”

                Minsoo shrugged. “You didn’t talk much about him lately. Usually, you would nag about how hyung would sneak into the kitchen to eat ramen, and when hyung didn’t eat the tomato you put in your cooking , or when he forgot to turn off the TV after he’d finish watching it. But now you’re all silent.”

                Daehyun was dumbfounded. Did he really talk that much about Yongguk? Was Yongguk always in his mind all the time?

                “If it’s about his sudden decision about something, you shouldn’t take it to heart. He’s always like that. Like when asked us to move to Seoul and when he said that he wanted to get married. He just blurted out like that. But we knew he had thought thoroughly about it.”

                So Yongguk had thought about it before he confessed? Daehyun pursed his lips. But why would he do it when he knew I already have a lover and we’re supposed to be divorced after two years.

                Daehyun shook his head. He didn’t want to think about it anymore. His mind was a mess and he needed to get it clear by focusing in his class later.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

From : Inguk hyung

Daehyun-ah, I’m outside of your campus. Hurry and come here

               

                Daehyun’s eyes widened as he read the text. If he could, he would get out of the class and went to meet his boyfriend. But there were twenty minutes left before the class end. So, he texted back to the other that he would be there in a short while.

                Daehyun was the first one to leave the room after the class finished. He ran as fast as possible with eyes searching frantically for a certain person. He recognized a figure leaning against a tree although that guy’s face was covered with shades and a cap.

                “Hyung!” Daehyun called, beaming happily while approaching him.

                Inguk turned but he didn’t smile. Instead, he tapped his feet and crossed his arms.

                Daehyun’s smile faltered. The older man didn’t look please, he wondered why. “…hyung?”

                “Do you know what time is it? Do you know how long I’ve been waiting here?” Inguk didn’t yell but he sure was angry.

                Daehyun was astounded. He didn’t know what this guy was babbling about. Like seriously? Couldn’t he just wait for a short twenty minutes?

                “I can’t be out for long. People might recognize me,” Inguk added. “And it’s freaking cold. Do you want me to get sick?”

                Those statements made Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Really, hyung? Really? Are you getting mad at me because of those s? Then try to sit at a coffee shop for two ing hours waiting for someone that never showed up! And I had to walk in the rain to go home knowing that I would really get sick because of that! At least I showed up! Not like a certain somebody! This is like the first time in three years we can properly meet each other and yet, you didn’t even say hi to me!!”

                Inguk was indeed shocked by Daehyun’s sudden outburst. It’s a sight that he had never seen before. “If you’re talking about last Sunday, I’m sorry, okay. I overslept ‘cause I’m so damn tired.”

                Daehyun scoffed. If it’s Yongguk, he wouldn’t be treated like this. The elder always made him the first priority. He would always take care of him.

                “What’s with that face?” Inguk took off his shades for a better view. “Don’t you believe me? Don’t you know I have to practice 24 hours a day? And I want to spend my only day off with you. Shouldn’t you be grateful about that? It couldn’t be help that I overslept-”

                “I’m married.”

                Inguk’s eyebrows furrowed when his words were cut off with something he would never expect. “…What?”

                Daehyun looked up at the confused man. Tears welled up in his eyes and began rolling down his cheeks. “I’m married, hyung. I’m married with someone else.”

                Inguk slowly shook his head in disbelief. “What…What’re you talking about?” He didn’t want to believe it. Searching for a proof, he grabbed Daehyun’s hand and he could feel the whole world collapsing upon him. There, fairly fitted on Daehyun’s slim finger was a beautiful wedding ring that shone by the bright sunlight.

                Inguk’s grip loosened, making Daehyun’s hand fell limp to his side. “How could you do this to me?” His voice was just a bit louder than a whisper.

                “I did it because of you!” Daehyun yelled as he cried his heart out. “I did it because of you, hyung!” His loud voice was cracking and tears constantly fell from his eyes.

                There’s not a single person walked pass their secluded place. Maybe the students still had classes or they had gone home. Daehyun didn’t care, though. He just couldn’t conceal his feelings anymore. “My parents asked me to get married, with a stranger. And I was trying to tell you. I needed you so bad at that time. But you weren’t there for me! You never care!”

                Inguk tried to digest everything in his mind. “Your parents asked you, and you said yes…?”

                Daehyun bit his lip. He didn’t really need to explain further about it. He wouldn’t tell Inguk that he could come to Seoul to see him by agreeing to this marriage. That guy wouldn’t understand it anyway. “There’s no reason for me to say no…” He sniffed with his red nose. His eyes were puffy, his cheeks were stained with flowing tears.

                “This…This isn’t right…” Inguk ran both hands through his hair, shaking his head vigorously. How were they supposed to continue their relationship like this? “You’re married… You are married, Daehyun!”

                It was silent for a moment when Daehyun buried his face in his hands to cry more and more. Even if he’s a real jerk, Inguk couldn’t stand the sight of Daehyun crying. That was his weakness. He quickly showed his back to the other and just listening to the distressing sobs from Daehyun.

                “Maybe…we’re just not meant to be…”

                The murmur made Inguk’s eyes widened. He turned around and saw the small figure was walking away from him. He wanted to stop the younger but his feet were rooted to the spot and Daehyun seemed too far away even if he stretched his hand out.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “What’s up?” Yongguk asked after picking up a call from his dongsaeng from his office.

                Minsoo sighed. “How should I say this…”

                “What is it? Something’s wrong?” Yongguk stopped doing his work to give full attention to the caller.

                “Look, hyung. It’s not like I’m butting into whatever you marriage problem is but…just fix it okay?”

                “Marriage...problem?”

                “You don’t have to hide it from me, hyung. I know there’s something going on with you two. Daehyun is my friend. He’s acting different lately. And just now, he’s a crying mess. I don’t know why, he didn’t want to tell me.”

                Yongguk rubbed his face as he lay back on his chair. “Where is he now?”

               “I’ve sent him home. I just hope he doesn’t continue crying in his room.”

               “I’ll check on him. Thanks for calling me.”

                 Yongguk pondered the question of what could make Daehyun to cry again. Was it because of him? But they didn’t talk to each other for days. Was it because of the idol guy? Yongguk blew out his breath thinking about the possibility. Couldn’t that douchebag take a break from hurting the one he loved?

               Yongguk knew he shouldn’t have said his feelings all of a sudden. But he just couldn’t hold it anymore. He wanted Daehyun to know that he loved him, that he would never make him cry like Inguk did. Instead, everything went downfall and he wished he could go back in time.

                Minsoo was right. He needed to fix this. Packing his things, Yongguk left his office in a hurry. Daehyun was crying alone at home with no one to comfort him and that made Yongguk’s chest tightened. The images of Daehyun in tears that flashed across his mind were unbearable.

                Yongguk was nearing his car when a familiar person came into his view. It was so irritating that he should deal with this right now.

                “Oppa!” Jihyun waved, leaning against Yongguk’s car.

                “Go home, Jihyun,” Yongguk opened the back door to put his briefcase, pushing Jihyun away in the process.

                “How’s your wedded partner?” Jihyun pretended not to be affected by the cold attitude.

                “He’s fine. Thanks for asking,” Yongguk’s reply was nonchalant as he took off his jacket and put it at the same place before closing the door.

                “He’s still with you? Didn’t he leave yet?”

                Yongguk stopped at that question as he was about to go into the driver’s seat. “Leave? Why would he leave? To where?” His eyebrow arched up while looking questioningly at the other.

                “Didn’t he say he doesn’t want to be with you anymore?”

                “What’re you talking about? We’re married. I love him and he loves me. We’re never going to break apart from each other.”

                Jihyun sneered at that statement. “Just why exactly do you love him? What’s so good about him?”

                Yongguk didn’t take a second to come out with an answer. “Everything. He’s perfect.”

                When Jihyun was at loss for words, Yongguk took the chance to get into his car and drove away from there.

                 Jihyun was enraged. She had been waiting for Yongguk out here for so long just because she was blocked from entering his office. And now she was left alone just like that. Her hatred towards them had doubled up with Yongguk’s acts and words.

                Suddenly, her phone rang and she immediately picked it up without looking at the caller ID. “What?”

                “I’ve got something.”

                Jihyun smirked.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Stepping into the house, Yongguk was greeted with delicious smell of someone cooking. He took off his shoes and slowly padded to the kitchen. He could see Daehyun’s back as the younger was standing by the stove.

                It was the first time the younger wouldn’t mind if would bump onto him in the house. Usually, Daehyun would just cook the meal and left to lock himself in the bedroom. Yongguk considered this as an improvement.

                Afraid if he would scare Daehyun again with his deep voice, Yongguk just cleared his throat to notify the other about his presence. Daehyun did turn around but once they made an eye contact, he quickly looked back to the frying pan.

                Yongguk scratched his head as he could feel the tension between them. He made his way to sit at the table before putting a box on it. When Daehyun had finished cooking and went to the table to prepare the plates, Yongguk spoke up.

                “I bought cheesecake for you.” He didn’t look up, just pushing the box closer to the other.

                Daehyun stood still. He glanced to his favourite food’s giver who was intently playing with his fingers. Taking the box, he opened it and there’s truly a big round cheesecake in it. A small smile involuntarily carved on his lips. He wanted to ask the elder how did he know about his favourite but what came out from his mouth was all a shy thanks.

                Although it was awkward as hell, Yongguk was hoping that Daehyun would eat with him this time. He’s really bored to eat alone for this past few days. And Daehyun did. They’re eating in complete silence; Yongguk was trying to figure out what was the difference from eating alone. Braving himself, Yongguk took an initiative to start a conversation.

                “H-How’s your day?”

                “Good.”

                Daehyun’s respond was quick, making Yongguk proud of himself but he knew the answer was a lie. He nodded. “Anything interesting?”

                “Not really.”

                Both of them still didn’t look to each other while they’re talking. Yongguk continued. “You can tell me anything though.”

                This time, Daehyun didn’t reply which caused Yongguk to look up, only to find Daehyun was already staring at him.

                “Did Minsoo tell you something?” Daehyun asked with an unreadable expression.

                Yongguk’s mouth opened to deny it but immediately closed back as he saw Daehyun’s eyes began to be watery. “He did…” Yongguk admitted and Daehyun averted his eyes downcast. “But Daehyun, it’s not like the first time you cried in front of me. I could lend my shoulders for you to cry all the time. You know it too.” He convinced but Daehyun didn’t move a muscle. He didn’t know if he should go to the other side and gave the younger a hug of comfort or not.

                “I-I’m going t-to take a bath,” Daehyun uttered before leaving the table without lifting his head.

                Yongguk groaned as he slumped back on his chair. His eyes were directed to the kitchen window. It was raining heavily outside, along with thunders and lightning. He didn’t even know when it started.

                The conversation with Daehyun had gone nowhere. He wondered what went wrong. He had lost his appetite to finish his meal because of it. A heavy sigh escaped his mouth before he stood up to clean the table. He collected the dirty plates to wash them at the sink, his body flinching in surprise everytime a thunder struck. It was all okay until the loudest thunder had caused the entire house to blackout.

                “Arghhh!!!”

                A scream could be heard coming from upstairs. Yongguk quickly turned off the tap. He rushed to Daehyun’s room, finding his way in the darkness just based on the memorized paths and the moonlight shone through the windows. It was really dark and he always knew the younger was afraid of it.

                “Daehyun!” Yongguk burst into the room. He squinted his eyes to look around for any hint of another person.

                “Yongguk!” The shriek came together with faint sobs from the bathroom. He went inside and twisted the unlocked knob of its door.

                There’s not a single light in the bathroom. But Yongguk could see after his eyes had adjusted to the darkness, a small figure hugging his knees in the filled tub, looking very terrified.

                “Daehyun…” Yongguk kneeled next to it, taking the wet body in his arms

                Daehyun knew it was Yongguk the moment he heard the door opened and he wasted no time to throw his arms around the elder’s torso. He was really scared and therefore, tears spilled from his eyes. His body was shaking, he’s sure Yongguk could feel it.

                “Shhh…it’s okay. I’m here…” Yongguk cooed. He put an arm under Daehyun’s thigh to lift him up from the bathtub.

                Daehyun shivered when cold air hit his bared body. For once, he was grateful it was dark. Yongguk wouldn’t get to see a clear view of his state.

                Yongguk put Daehyun down to stand near his bed. “Just a sec,” He tried to remove Daehyun’s hand from his but the latter didn’t seem to let it go. “I’ll be back,” He assured and Daehyun slowly released his hand.

                Daehyun brought up his arms to hug his cold body. He was praying for Yongguk to come back as fast as he could. The thunders were making the dark place even scarier.

                Shortly after that, Yongguk returned with a bathrobe which he immediately helped Daehyun to put it on. He made Daehyun sat on the bed after that so he could dry his hair with a towel. “You can stop crying, now. I’m here, right?”

                Daehyun rubbed his tears with the back of his hand that was almost covered up by the bathrobe’s sleeve. But he got shocked again by the loud thunder. He jumped and buried his face into Yongguk’s chest.

                Yongguk rubbed the younger’s back soothingly. He brought Daehyun to move onto the bed, so that they could lean against the headboard. Daehyun followed, keeping their bodies as close as possible. He grasped onto the elder’s shirt, his head rested on a stiff shoulder.

                Yongguk’s hand was still rubbing circles on Daehyun’s back. His eyes never leave the frightened face. He could see Daehyun’s eyes shut tightly when another lightning struck, his lips trembled waiting for the growling sound of the thunder.

                Without realizing it, Yongguk leaned in to brush his lips with the other’s. His eyes fluttered closed as he pressed his mouth further. His tongue found an entrance and began to taste every bit of Daehyun’s sweet spots. He felt like he was being in into another world of pleasure that he didn’t ever wanted to get out of it. That was until a moan came out muffled into his mouth, making him to snap his eyes open, breaking out from the reverie.

                Yongguk hastily pulled away. He was panting as he gazed at Daehyun who was also out of breath, looking down to nothing.

                “I-I’m s-sorry…” Yongguk apologized before getting off the bed to run from there.

                “Yongguk don’t go!” Daehyun shouted and Yongguk stopped in his track. The older man turned back around. He could see Daehyun was looking at him pleadingly although it was dark.

                “Don’t go…” Daehyun repeated himself in a whimper. He looked so vulnerable which made Yongguk came back to his side, wrapping those protective arms around him once more.

                “The storm hasn’t ended yet. And it was dark. Please don’t leave me,” Daehyun murmured with his face hidden in the crook of Yongguk’s neck. “Please don’t leave me…”

                Yongguk’s cheek was pressed against the younger’s head. He caressed Daehyun’s hair softly. He could smell the fresh scent of it from the previously taken bath. Daehyun fell asleep in his husband’s embrace a while later. But Yongguk was still thinking over his random act. Because Daehyun didn’t push him away. He responded back. That made Yongguk wondered if Daehyun was in his right mind or not. Or maybe, just maybe, his love was returned.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

True love is hard to find but even harder to hide.

 

 


I'm always stuck when writing a scene with Inguk and Jihyun -_-

bcoz I don't really like them

I'm such a bad writer o(╥﹏╥)o

don't worry Inguk oppa and Soyou unni! I still love you in real life! (●´□`)♡

 

Thanks a lot to upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers!  Saranghae ♥♥♥