Chapter Fifteen

A Change Of Heart

                They had done it. Daehyun admitted that last night was the most amazing night in his life. He still could feel Yongguk’s gentle and loving touches all over his body and his lower parts were still sore because of it. But that’s not what concerned him since he had woken up the next morning, with his back pressed against Yongguk’s warm body as he lied on his side. Their figures were only wrapped in a blanket.

                Yongguk was rubbing his belly softly and Daehyun placed a hand on top of his. The elder brought their bodies closer, brushing his lips with the younger’s neck. Daehyun shuddered every time Yongguk’s breaths hit his skin. He knew he should relish this moment but he couldn’t when something was budging his mind. And therefore, the first sniffle emitted in the room.

                Yongguk quickly propped himself up with his elbow before looking over Daehyun’s shoulders. He was really crying and Yongguk was utterly confused.

                “Daehyun…? Are you not feeling well? Did I hurt you that bad?” He asked anxiously, running his fingers along the latter’s arm.

                “No…” Daehyun cried feebly.

                “Then what’s wrong?”

                Daehyun slowly sat up, wincing in pain when his bottom was put under pressure. Yongguk helped him by holding his back.

                “I don’t know…” Daehyun paused for a moment and Yongguk was waiting patiently at his side. “I’m… I just… I feel like… I was cheating on… Inguk hyung…”

                At the mention of the idol’s name, Yongguk huffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance, turning his head away from the younger.

                “He had said that we’re celebrating his downfall… and he might be true…” The tears clouding his eyes were wiped away with the back of his hand. Daehyun knew Yongguk was tired of him crying because of Inguk. He was tired of it too. But he’s really weak in controlling or hiding his emotion.

                Yongguk got off the bed out of a sudden. He searched for his boxers and found it not far from where he’s standing. Daehyun just watched Yongguk put the piece of cloth on with the elder’s back facing him. Yongguk put his hands on his hips after that, looking very angry in Daehyun’s point of view.

                “…Yongguk…?” He called timidly and almost stumbled off the bed when Yongguk spun around with a glowering face.

                “Why do you care so much about him? Why do you care so much about him, when he didn’t even care about you?” Yongguk began to pace back and forth in front of Daehyun, afraid that his anger would take over himself. He stopped and stared at the younger who was biting his lip while looking at him with those tear rimmed eyes. “Do you still love him?” He asked in a lower voice. But Daehyun couldn’t give an answer instantly and Yongguk didn’t have time to wait for it while holding his temper. “Then we shouldn’t have ed in the first place!” He yelled, causing the other to flinch in surprise.

                “Yongguk, I love you! I don’t know how, but I love you!” Daehyun whimpered, tears constantly falling onto his blanketed lap. There’s a glimpse of happiness in Yongguk’s face after those words being said.

                Daehyun averted his puffy eyes to where his hands were fondling with the bed sheets. “But if we look back… my relationship with Inguk hyung hasn’t really ended yet. And then we had and…” He sniffed while slowly shaking his head. “…and I think I’m not that different from Jihyun… I feel wrong…”

                Yongguk’s heart sank. He didn’t expect that Daehyun would think like that. He shouldn’t have let his wife to have the slightest idea which compared him with a low person like Jihyun. “How did you know about Jihyun…?”

                Daehyun hesitated for a second. “M-Minsoo told me…

Yongguk sighed and went to sit at the foot of the bed, in front of the younger. He lifted Daehyun’s face before holding it in between his hands. “Daehyun, you’re nothing like her. She had with somebody else while she’s still in a relationship with me. It happened for so many times before I caught her. But you, you don’t love Inguk anymore. You love me, only me. You won’t choose him over me, right…?”

                Daehyun finally looked up at him, gazing straight into his eyes. “Daehyun, I love you so so much. I won’t trade you for anything even if it’s my life. I just want you to be happy…” Yongguk said genuinely because truthfully no matter what Daehyun’s choice, happy is just what he wanted Daehyun to be.

                “You make me happy,” Daehyun muttered as he grasped Yongguk’s hand that was still cupping his cheek. “Promise me… you’ll never stop doing that…” His lips pulled a little smile.

                Yongguk returned it. “I promise…” He placed his free hand at the nape of Daehyun’s neck before bringing their faces closer until he could press their foreheads together. “I love you…” The words were whispered directly to Daehyun’s lips.

                “I love you too…” Daehyun already had his eyes closed when Yongguk claimed his lips. The kiss was still sweet like before. Maybe more but not less. Only Yongguk could do that to him.

                “So what’re we going to do today?” Yongguk asked after the situation settled down. “It’s our last day here.”

                “Nothing…” Daehyun said before lying on the bed again. “I don’t wanna do anything, I don’t wanna go anywhere. My hurts and it’s all because of your doing,” He was pouting as he pulled the covers up until his chin.

                “Really? You put the blame on me?” Daehyun nodded and Yongguk snorted. “I guess I’ll go out alone then.” He acted like he was going to get up from the bed.

                “No! You’re not going anywhere either. Come here,” Daehyun held his arms out, looking like a baby who wanted a lift from his parent. “I’ll give you a cuddle.”

                “You cuddled me every time we sleep together,” Yongguk complained despite being amused by the new side of the younger.

                “You better come here before the offer is closed,” Daehyun threatened, still stretching his arms out.

                Yongguk grinned as wide as he could. Of course he would never refuse the offer. He immediately crawled to Daehyun’s side and got himself under the covers. Daehyun snuggled into him, draping an arm over his body.

                “You’re such a cuddler. Am I that cuddly to you?”

                “Umm no, not really,” Daehyun looked up by resting his chin on Yongguk’ chest. “Bokshil is cuddlier,” He beamed with mischief but he could only gasp at the response.

                “Who’s Bokshin?” That question caused Yongguk to receive a slap on his stomach. He pretended to be in pain as his body was slightly jerked up.

                “I’ve told you already! And it’s not Bokshin, but Bokshil!” Daehyun grumbled.

                “I know, I know! I’m kidding!” Yongguk laughed before squeezing Daehyun’s small body, bringing the younger on top of him.

                Daehyun screamed and struggled for Yongguk to let him go at first but he was helpless in those strong arms. And he ended up laughing along with his husband.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

               Right after they came back from their belated honeymoon, Yongguk got a call from Inguk. That guy had asked him for a meeting and said that Daehyun shouldn’t know about it. So there was Yongguk, sitting at a coffee shop with Inguk in front of him.

                The mood wasn’t so good though. It seemed like their fight the other day wasn’t finished yet. As they couldn’t use their fists in the public, they were trying to kill each other with sharp stares and cussing in their minds. Not until Yongguk realized it was a waste of time to be there when he could go home to his wife.

                “Speak,” Yongguk commanded.

                Inguk scoffed at that attitude. How could Daehyun marry a guy like him? He cleared his throat as he straightened his position. “How’s Daehyun?”

                Yongguk threw up his hands before shaking his head in disbelief. “Only now you’d ask about it? After what you’ve done to him? Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

                That’s the reason Inguk wanted to meet today. He wasn’t ready to face Daehyun even though he’s really worried about him after what happened a few days ago. He realized he was acting foolish to accuse Daehyun for something he didn’t do. He shouldn’t have forgotten that Daehyun was not that kind of person.

                “I didn’t mean to hurt him. It was an accident. I’d never hurt Daehyun. I love him,” Inguk insisted, leaning a bit forward to scowl at the latter.

                Yongguk remained the straight face. “You’re all talk. I can bet my life that I can love him better than you do.”

                “You’ve just met him!” Inguk exclaimed but not loud enough for the whole place to hear. “You’ve been married like what? Two, three months? Did you guys even know each other before that? Daehyun and I, we’ve been together for more than three years. You don’t know him.”

                “Four months. And we’ve known each other three months before we’re married. That makes seven months,” Yongguk sat up from his laid-back position, pressing his body against the table so he could get a good look at the other guy. “So, listen here. Daehyun is my wife. And let me tell you something about him. His name is Jung Daehyun. He’s twenty years old. He’s majoring in children education at Seoul University. He has a beautiful smile. He has a little mole under his left eye and on his chest. He’s a good cook, he loves cheesecake. He’s afraid of the dark. He hates grape juice, he hates spicy food, he hates rock songs. He’s really picky and always nags. He’s a sensitive person, he’s easy to cry. And most of the reasons, are because of you.”

                Inguk blinked his eyes for the first time after quite a while when a finger was pointed to his face. Yongguk’s words had left him speechless.

                “I know him just fine. There a lot more than those and I can talk about him forever if I have to. I love him and I promised to not make him sad again,” Yongguk affirmed before standing up to leave the place.

                Inguk rubbed his face and tousled his hair. Was it his mistake that all of these happened? Was it his mistake for being an idol? He was just chasing his dream to be a singer. He had never thought about sacrificing the love of his life. It didn’t look like someone was taking Daehyun from him. He felt like he’s the one who wanted to take Daehyun away from someone. Maybe he wasn’t chasing his future anymore. He was chasing his past. And it’s impossible.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                A month after the news was out, things seemed to be back to normal. Daehyun went to college again starting from the last two weeks. It was hard in the beginning since the students were staring and whispering as he walked passed them. Fortunately, they were reducing since then. The rumors came and go just like that. Inguk’s company took a very good care of it.

                Daehyun finished his last class and planned to go straight to the parking area where Minsoo said he would be waiting for him. But as he made a turn to a quiet hallway, he was pulled to the side, his back slamming onto the wall when a pair of arms had pushed him by grabbing his collar. His eyes shut tightly because of the pain.

                “I told you to stay away from him!”

                “Jihyun?” Daehyun snapped his eyes open and shove her away. “What the hell?!”

                “I thought I’ve made it clear for you. I told you to stop being with Yongguk,” The woman said through gritted teeth.

                “There’s no way I’d do that! Bang Yongguk is my husband! We love each other!” It was Daehyun’s turn to get mad. He had had enough for being patient all this while.

                “Can’t you see what happened after the news? You are a ! You’re cheating on him with an idol!”

                “I don’t care because that’s not – ” Daehyun cut his own words when something crossed his mind. “Wait a minute. Are you… You’re the one to break the news right?”

                Jihyun smirked. “Clever,” She moved a few steps to him with her sardonic expression. “And if you don’t do what I said, I’ll make it worse.”

                “You think I’ll give up just like that?” Daehyun glowered at her. “I’ll never obey a horrible selfish person like you who is obsessing over somebody else’s husband.”

                Jihyun had lost it. She brought her hand up to hit his face but Daehyun grabbed it just in time to halt her move, making Jihyun even more surprised.

                “You think I can’t fight back?” Daehyun had the same mocking smile as her before. Jihyun parted his lips but she got nothing to say. He threw her hand down, still glaring darkly at her. “Try me.”

                Daehyun walked away from there without sparing another glance at the woman. But he missed the last words whispered by Jihyun after she turned around to him. “You’ll regret this.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

               That night, Daehyun tried to brush off his thought on Jihyun. It had been almost half a year since he’s married to Yongguk but that woman still wouldn’t leave them alone. Although he had Yongguk by his side now, he couldn’t help but to worry about their happiness in the future.

                “Jagiya…”

                Daehyun looked down to his lap where Yongguk’s head was resting at. They were currently on the couch, watching a movie together since both of them had no paperwork to be completed by tomorrow.

                “You’re spacing out. I didn’t get my popcorn,” Yongguk groused while pointing to his wide opened mouth.

                Daehyun took some popcorn from the bowl sitting at his side before putting it into Yongguk’s awaiting mouth. “I’m sorry,” He gave a peck on the lips after that.

               “Forgiven,” Before Daehyun could go far, Yongguk pulled him in for another kiss. “What’re you thinking about anyway?”

                “Nothing,” Daehyun replied nonchalantly as he took a handful of popcorns and shoved them into his own mouth.

                Yongguk quickly sat up when the crumbs fell onto him. “Woah, slow down, jagi. You eat like I haven’t feed you enough,” He said while cleaning his face as well as the corner of Daehyun’s mouth with his back facing the TV.

                “I can’t. It’s so good,” Daehyun moaned, chewing the popcorns with so much delight.

                “No wonder you’ve gained weight,” Yongguk poked Daehyun’s cheek repeatedly to find that it had increased in fluffiness.

                “I have?” Daehyun squished the other cheek, raising his brows at his husband. “Why are you saying that? Are you going to stop loving me if I’m fat?” He pouted.

               “Of course not. I’ll still love you,” Yongguk laughed. “Maybe just a little less.”

                Daehyun bit his lips as he pinched Yongguk’s side. The elder flinched away, still laughing out loud. He received another pinch because of that.

                “Okay, okay, I lied,” Yongguk scooted over to the younger, trapping him between his body and his arm. “I actually think you’ll still be y when you’re chubby. You’re y even when you’re eating like that just now,” He gave a sly smile while inching their faces together.

                “I sense a hidden motive behind that…” Daehyun narrowed his eyes, leaning further back into the couch.

                “Come to think of it, it’s been a long time since we made love to each other…” Yongguk wiggled his eyebrows.

                Daehyun’s eyes widened. “We did it last week! Even once a week is hard for me! Your member is a little too big for my own good.”

                “What can I do about it? I love you too much. You can run away from me.”

                “Oh yes, I can!”

                Daehyun pushed Yongguk away to make a run for it. But just after a few steps, he was already caught. The elder hugged him tightly from his back that his feet left the ground.

                “Gotcha!” Yongguk lifted and spun him around.

                “Argh! Alright, alright. You’ve got me. Let me go,” Daehyun chuckled as he tried to peel the locking hands. When he could feel they were loosening, he wanted to make another quick dash to the stairs once more.

                Yongguk knew that act so well and wouldn’t let it happen again. He pulled his wife back by the hand, causing Daehyun to turn and press their bodies together.

                “Gotcha again!” Yongguk had his hands on Daehyun’s hip, looking down at the younger with a victorious smile. “You’re mine tonight.”

                Daehyun giggled before slipping his arms around the other’s neck. “I’m always yours.”

                With that, Yongguk continued to carry Daehyun bridal-style, going to their now shared bedroom.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

Love is not how much you say I love you but how much you can prove that it’s true.

 

 


The calm before the storm

 

I'm just going to tell you there'll be no update till next week :(

I'm going on a trip! Yes bangdae, it's my turn now ^^

 

I'm extremely sorry for those who's expecting coz it'll be too hardcore ╥﹏╥

or I just can't write it but at least they did it :D

 

Thanks a lot to all upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers! Bangdae love you ♥♥♥