Chapter Four

A Change Of Heart

             It’s the wedding day. Daehyun and his family had gone to Seoul for the ceremony that took place in a huge fancy hotel hall. And now he was standing on the altar with Yongguk, waiting to be pronounced as married.

                Daehyun whispered to Yongguk as the minister conducting the wedding delivered his long speech. “Should we really kiss later? Like, for real?”

                Yongguk just side eyed the other. His posture remained straight. “Of course we should. They’re watching us,” He said, referring to the people who came to their wedding.

                Daehyun began to panic. Only now that he realized about that important thing, he just felt like hitting his own head. Before he could calm down and be prepared, the minister asked Yongguk the wedding vow.

                “Do you Bang Yongguk take Jung Daehyun to be your lawful wedded partner?”

                “I do.”

                “Do you Jung Daehyun take Bang Yongguk to be your lawful wedded partner?”

                “I-I do.”

                “I now pronounce you married. You may now kiss each other.”

                Yongguk turned to Daehyun and held his waist before leaning in to kiss him. Daehyun backed away slightly. “Wait, must we kiss now? Can’t we save it for the later?” He whispered.

                “Are you serious? Everybody is looking at us right now,” Yongguk signaled to the crowd with his eyes who were gazing at them full of anticipation. His lips were still puckered, ready to kiss the younger.

                Daehyun took a deep breath and shut his eyes tightly. It was not long until he felt Yongguk’s warm lips on his. But then, he swore he could feel some kind of electric shock flowing through their connected lips. His eyes snapped open to see Yongguk was already staring at him with wide eyes. He wondered if Yongguk felt the same thing too. It felt like their lives had been sealed together and it was like… a miracle.

                The kiss was finally broken when the hall echoed with the sound of the audience clapping their hands. Yongguk cleared his throat while Daehyun tried to hide his red face as he kept looking down to the floor.

                “T-There,” Yongguk said. “Now lift your head and smile,” He pulled Daehyun by the waist to make him stand closer. Daehyun looked up at the taller man who had returned to his normal self and he thought maybe he was overthinking the small things. He then turned to his parents. They were happy and that made him happy too. Both of Daehyun and Yongguk bowed to them with the widest, fakest smile they could make.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

             “Remember to take a good care of your husband,” Mrs. Jung reminded his son when they’re leaving the Bang’s house.

                Daehyun sniffed and nodded at his mother’s words. Yongguk casually patting his back as they stood side by side at the door.

                “Don’t worry about that. Daehyun would be a great partner for Yongguk. And we’ll take care of him too,” Mrs. Bang said. She nudged Yongguk’s arm, prompting him to say something.

                “Oh? Oh y-yeah… we’ll take care of each other… Daehyun and I… yeah…” He smiled sheepishly.

                “I hope so too,” Mr. Jung retorted. “Daehyun, behave and don’t forget your manners as an in-law,” He gently stoked his son’s shoulder.

                Daehyun was a crying mess now. This was the first time he would stay a little bit far away from his parent. And the fact that he was the only son and child of the family made him really close with his parents. “I-I’m gonna m-miss you…” He sobbed while covering his wet eyes with the back of his hand.

                Daehyun’s parents pulled him into an embrace. They had promised not to cry in front of their son because that would make things harder. “There, there… we’re gonna miss you too. Just give us a call when you feel like it,” His mother rubbed his back softly.

                Daehyun gave them a final tight and long hug before sending them away. Mr. and Mrs. Jung waved from inside the car. Mr. Bang was going to send them to the airport. Daehyun really wanted to tag along but his parents told him to rest. Daehyun’s teary eyes trailed the car as it moved forward.

                Mrs. Bang wrapped her arm around Daehyun’s shoulders to bring him in. “Don’t cry. You know that we’re your family too now.” Daehyun just smiled at her.

                “Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?” She asked.

                Daehyun shook his head. “I think I need to sleep now. Really tired today…”

                “Then you should go to bed,” She stated before turning around. “Yongguk, bring Daehyun to your room. He’s tired.”

                Daehyun was surprised. “Your room? Our room?!” He murmured to himself.

                “Alright, mom. Let’s go Daehyun,” Yongguk grabbed his hand and bring him upstairs.

                “Are we going to sleep in one room, hyung?” Daehyun asked, following behind Yongguk as they climbed the stairs. The elder still didn’t let go of his hand.

                “What do you expect? We’re a married couple that lives in their parents’ house,” Yongguk replied while opening the door to their room. He the lights and led the other in.

             Daehyun could see all his belongings were there, in front of a big closet. Somebody must have brought them in while he was chatting with his parents before. The room was pretty huge itself. There’s a king sized bed across it and a long couch at the side. Only the things decorating it were not roses but stuffed toys.

                “Ah! So cute!” Daehyun ran to grab a big white bunny which was half of his own body size. “I don’t know you’re this kind of person.”

                “Oh yeah? What kind of person am I?” Yongguk asked with hands on his hips.

                “The kind of person that has a fierce face but a heart full of flowers,” Daehyun laughed.

                “Yeah yeah, whatever. You can take that if you want,” Yongguk uttered as he removed his watch to put on the bedside table.

                “Really, hyung?”

                “Uh-huh. I have a lot more than that,” He gestured to the other toys on the bed. “You can take anything but not Tigger.”

                “Why not?” Daehyun asked with an eyebrow arched up.

                “Because I said so,” Yongguk retorted nonchalantly.

                Daehyun clicked his tongue, feeling annoyed. “Anyway, thanks, hyung!” He hugged the bunny happily.

                Yongguk chuckled seeing him like that. “Oh, and one more thing. Don’t call me hyung.”

                “Huh? Then, what should I call you?” Daehyun asked quizzically.

                “Call me like your mom calls your dad.”

                Daehyun stared at the bunny as he was remembering the way his parents called each other. Once the word appeared in his mind, his eyes bulged out. “Y-You mean… y-yeobo?”

                “That can do,” Yongguk bobbed his head up and down while closing his eyes.

                “Alright…if that’s what you want…” Daehyun replied timidly.

                “Well, I’m not telling you to call me like that all the time. Just when we’re in front of other people,” Yongguk plopped down to the couch near the bed. “So…yeah. I’ll sleep on the couch. You can take the bed,” He suggested.

                “Okay,” Daehyun agreed easily. It was totally unexpected for Yongguk. He thought they would have a fight on who’s going to sleep on the bed and who don’t. “I don’t really like to sleep on the couch,” The younger added with an innocent smile. “So… I’ll go wash up first,” Daehyun moved to take his shirt from his suitcase before entering the bathroom which was also in there.

             “Well, he sure is one of a kind,” Yongguk jutted out his bottom lips and shrugged his shoulders.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Daehyun patiently waited for Yongguk under the blanket on the bed. He didn’t feel comfortable to sleep at a foreign place other than his own home.

                When Yongguk saw Daehyun was still awake after he walked out of the bathroom, he frowned. “Why don’t you go to sleep yet? I thought you’re tired?”

                “That… could you please get me more blanket?” Daehyun asked.

                “Why? Are you cold?”

                “Not really,” Daehyun sat up on the bed. “I, at least, need three blankets when I sleep.”

                “Three?!” Yongguk was surprised with the fact.

                Daehyun nodded. “Yeah… I need to be comfy.”

                “…O…kay…” Yongguk nodded slowly. “I’ll ask mom where she keeps them,” He got out of the room and returned after a while along with the blankets.

                Daehyun accepted them with a happy face. He was ready to sleep with the cuddled bunny. But when he saw Yongguk was about to turn off the lights, he shouted to stop him. “Hyung, don’t!”

                Yongguk jumped back, shocked to hear that shout. “What now?!”

                Daehyun fidgeted with the thick blankets. “I-I’m afraid of the dark…”

                “Really? But I can’t sleep without turning off the lights.”

                “Why don’t you have any bedside lamps?”

                “Because I don’t need them.”

                Daehyun pouted. He tried to give the elder his puppy eyes so that Yongguk would comply with him. “Nu-uh. I’ll definitely turn off the lights.”

                “No…please…?” Daehyun squished his cheek with the bunny’s. He gazed to the elder with dilated pupils of his liquid eyes.

                Yongguk narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips. He almost drawn into the deep brown orbs but his eyes closed immediately. “Nnnope!”

                Daehyun huffed at his failure. “Then, sleep here,” He patted the empty space nest to him on the bed.

                Yongguk’s eyes widened. “Seriously?!”

             “Yeah. I’ll just put them in the middle, between us…” Daehyun took the stuffed toys which were initially placed at the headboard. He carefully put them in a line to separate his space from Yongguk’s.

                “Well, if you say so…” Yongguk switched off the light and lied down at the right side of the bed.

                “Hyung, you can’t sleep before I do,” Daehyun spoke up when he didn’t hear a sound from the other after a while. He lied on his side, facing Yongguk because he was afraid to look other places in the dark room.

                “Yeah, yeah. Just go to sleep…” Yogguk said in response.

                “I may take a while to sleep ‘cause it’s dark,” Daehyun added in a lower voice.

                “Yeah…” Yongguk put his arm on his head but it was just for a moment when he put it back down to look at Daehyun as he heard a soft snore from the other side of the bed.

                “Daehyun…?” He called. The younger didn’t answer. Now, he was sure Daehyun had fallen into a deep slumber. “Well, that’s…fast…”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

A marriage is a new beginning of life, a new starting point for happiness and usefulness.

 


 

Thanks a lot to the upvoters, subscribers, commentors and readers! Saranghae ♥♥♥

BANGDAE FTW!!!