Chapter Twenty-Four

A Change Of Heart

 

                Everything was quiet except for the vague sounds echoing around him. Yongguk wondered where he was right now. The last thing he remembered was being stabbed by Jihyun. Slowly, he cracked an eye open. A white ceiling. He was sure it was not his house or Junggi’s apartment. He opened another eye and figured it out. He was in a hospital, of course. It was legit to be here after having a knife in your stomach.

                Something moved his left hand, warm and wet. He looked down to see the top of someone’s head. He knew that smooth silky hair too well. Daehyun was sitting beside his bed, holding tight to his hand and the soft cheek was pressed on the back of it. Since it was soaking, he guessed that Daehyun had been crying. He lifted the other hand to pat Daehyun’s head. Only then he could feel the stinging pain from the wound.

                Daehyun raised his head and turned to his husband. His face was red and bloated from crying too much. He hastily stood up and went closer to Yongguk. Cupping Yongguks face, he stared at his husband in a daze.

                “Y-Yeo…bo…?” Daehyun asked to ensure himself he’s not dreaming again.

                Yongguk smiled weakly. “Hey…” He caressed the younger’s cheek, wishing to wipe the tears away, but only causing Daehyun to shed more tears.

                Daehyun leant onto the touch, shutting his eyes tightly to feel the warmth he had missed so much. But Yongguk needed to draw his hand back when their families came from the other side of the room as they just realized he had woke up.

                “Hyung, you’re awake!” Minsoo exclaimed before going to call the doctor in-charge.

                Both of his and Daehyun’s parents were showing their concerns towards him. He repeatedly told them that he was okay now and there’s no need to be worried anymore. The doctor who had come in to check on him also said that he was in a stable condition. And he got to know that he was unconscious for two whole days.

                After the doctor finished his short examination, all of them circled him again except for Mrs. Jung. She was occupied in soothing her crying son as they sat on the sofa.

                Yongguk kept staring at his wife. When Mr. Bang noticed that his son wasn’t paying attention to them talking, he spoke up about Daehyun.

                “Your wife has been crying the whole time. He only stops when he sleeps.”

                Yongguk looked up at his father with much surprise.

                “He actually fainted when he knew you’ve been injured badly,” Mr. Jung added. “He was restless that night because you didn’t call him. I guess this is why he had a gut feeling that something was wrong,” He gestured to Yongguk’s body.

                “Daehyun’s really worried about you, hyung,” Minsoo joined in. “He didn’t want to leave your side these couple of days.

                “You must be missing him too, right?”

                Yongguk nodded at his mother. He missed Daehyun to death.

                “We’ll leave you two alone then,” Mrs. Bang squeezed his hand. Mr. Jung was calling his wife to exit the room.

                “Thanks, mom,” Yongguk said as they slowly left him.

                Now that he was sitting up, leaning against the bed after Minsoo had raised the upper part of it, Yongguk could observe the whole room. His wife was still weeping on the sofa while looking down to the floor.

                “Jagiya…” Yongguk called. “Come here.”

                Daehyun walked up to him without lifting his head. He was so busy getting rid of his flowing tears using his sleeves.

                “You’re still crying?” Yongguk slipped his left arm around Daehyun’s slender waist, bringing the other closer to him. Daehyun could only reply with hiccups as an arm covered his eyes.

                “Aww… come here,” Yongguk pulled the smaller man to him. He waited for Daehyun to sit on the bed before embracing him firmly. Daehyun’s sweet scent could wash away all the pain he was having right now.

                Daehyun laid his face on Yongguk’s shoulder, being careful not to prod the bandage. His arms wrapped tightly around the elder’s neck. His husband’s hospital gown was soaked with his tears in no time.

                “You cry like I’m dead,” Yongguk teased although he was rubbing Daehyun’s back to calm him down.

                “I thought you are…” Daehyun stifled a sob. “I thought… I’ve lost you for a second…” He cried harder, making his body shook violently in Yongguk’s arms.

                Yongguk moved his hand to knead Daehyun’s head. “Your dad told me you passed out.”

                “I was really scared…” Daehyun murmured. “I’ve lost our child, I don’t know what to do if I’d lost you too…”

                Truthfully, Daehyun never imagined his life without Yongguk after he had fallen in love with him, not until he received that one phone call from the police, which caused his soul to leave his body. Meeting Yongguk again, saved and alive, was like a miraculous second chance.

                When Daehyun seemed to relax a bit, Yongguk created a small distance between them to hold the younger’s face in his hands. His eyes fondly gazed at Daehyun’s swollen ones. He brought his wife’s face closer to his before kissing him earnestly on the lips.

                 “But I’m here now…” Yongguk said after they parted. It was just a couple of seconds before he connected their lips again. “Touching you…” And again. “For real…”

                Yongguk held the kiss a little longer and Daehyun didn’t protest. He returned a heartfelt kiss to his husband. Yongguk pulled away and stared at his wife until he opened his eyes. “God, I missed you so much…” He uttered while brushing Daehyun’s hair from his face.

                “I missed you too,” Daehyun caressed Yongguk’s side of face using his thumb. “Promise me, you’ll never do that again.”

                Yongguk nodded with a smile. “I promise,” An affectionate kiss was dabbed on Daehyun’s forehead. “Now stop crying. You look pretty ugly,” He cleaned the tear stains on those pink cheeks.

                “Pretty or ugly?” Daehyun pouted.

                Yongguk chuckled. “Prettily ugly,” He pulled Daehyun’s nose, earning an annoyed whimper from the owner. He made up with more loving kisses all over Daehyun’s face.

 

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

 

                Yongguk had his arms around Daehyun and Minsoo as both of them helped him walked into the house. He surveyed the inside. It was totally different from how he had left it five days ago. He should thank both of his families later for doing him this favour. Everything was cleared up and back to its place after five days. Not the things that was broken though, including the pictures and frames. He would certainly replace them after this.

                He was settled down on the couch. Minsoo had to quickly leave to buy groceries for them since their parents were coming to welcome Yongguk home. So there were just two of them in the house.

                “Are you comfortable sitting here?” Taking a seat beside the other, Daehyun asked in concern while fixing the cushion behind his husband.

                “Yup,” Yongguk leaned his back on it, feeling pleased and delighted as he could finally return home from the boring hospital.

                “Not cold?” Daehyun clasped Yongguk’s hand with both of his. As usual, the elder’s hand had never been warmer than him. “Want me to bring a blanket?”

                “No, not really,” Yongguk said before pulling Daehyun closer. He hugged his wife and rested his head on the smaller man’s shoulder. “But it’s better if we stay like this,” He muttered with a content smile.

                As much as he loved to stay like that, Daehyun must disagree. “We can’t. Our parents are coming later. I need to prepare,” He weakly tried to push Yongguk away, just because the wound on his husband's stomach was still hurting.

                Reluctantly, Yongguk backed away to look up at his wife using his puppy eyes. Daehyun blinked at him. Really, old man? Unbelievable.

                “Prepare what?” Yongguk asked. “The house is clean and tidy. And they told us that they would do all the cooking,” He wiggled his brows but Daehyun still seemed unsure about sitting there without doing nothing. Just as he opened his mouth to give another reason, Yongguk was convincing him again.

                “You don’t need to do anything,” Yongguk flashed his pleading smile.

                Daehyun side eyed him. “Well, then,” He sighed. “Do you want a drink?”

                “No,” Yongguk tightened his hug, bringing Daehyun’s legs over his. “I just want you,” He pecked him on the cheek.

                Daehyun easily blushed at that. It’s been long since they were being lovey-dovey like this. He couldn’t help getting shy in front of his husband.

                Yongguk snickered at the red faced Daehyun who couldn’t keep their eyes in contact. Because of that, Daehyun’s lips formed a pout as he glared at the other. Yongguk thought it only made Daehyun more adorable and looked like ten years younger. He didn’t waste any time to claim those plump lips.

                Daehyun was a tad surprised by the sudden aggression Yongguk showed through his deep kiss. But he complied nonetheless, letting Yongguk’s tongue roamed his mouth as he wished. He too was missing this intimate time with his husband so much. His hands slid from Yongguk’s chest to the face. He held it delicately with Yongguk’s ears in between his fingers as he closed his eyes to savour the kissing lips.

               Yongguk pulled apart after a while. He chuckled looking at his wife who was recovering his lightheadedness. His thumb swept the wet stain at the corner of Daehyun’s mouth.

                Daehyun smiled at Yongguk’s caring act. “You’re happy now, right?” He asked while gazing into the latter’s eyes.

                Yongguk raised his brows at the unexpected question. “Of course I am. Aren’t you?”

                Daehyun s his arms around Yongguk’s torso, just above the knife cut. “So that means we’re not going to get divorced, right?” His stare was full of hope.

                “No, we won’t,” Yongguk brought Daehyun in with an arm around those narrow shoulders to kiss Daehyun’s head reassuringly. “We’ll be together forever.”

                “Promise?”

                “I promise,” Yongguk looked into Daehyun’s eyes to say those words before planting another kiss on the luscious lips of his wife again to seal it.

                “And you’ll keep it?”

                “I never broke my promises,” Yongguk said confidently, though it was just for a moment. “Except for divorcing you after two years, and…for falling in love with you,” He grinned.

                Daehyun nodded to approve. “Now I’m really happy,” He laughed and captured Yongguk’s lips in a fleeting kiss.

                Yongguk his lips after that, feeling overjoyed with Daehyun’s cuteness. “In that case…” He slowly went down from the couch to kneel in front of the younger.

                Daehyun frowned. “What are you trying to do?”

                Yongguk didn’t say anything as he took a hold Daehyun’s hand. He reached into his pocket before pulling out a ring from it. Daehyun immediately recognized it as his wedding ring which he had left it here when he went to Busan. But his eyes were still large in wonder.

                Yongguk pursed his lips and cleared his throat. His eyes fixed to Daehyun’s. “Will you, Jung Daehyun, grow old with me?”

                Daehyun had never expected to receive a proposal like this in his life. He didn’t even get proposed before his marriage. Just thinking about growing old with Yongguk made Daehyun broke into tears. That’s all he could see in his future. There’s no doubt. It’s his fate, his destiny, to be with Yongguk for the rest of his life.

                He sniffled and nodded. “I will…”

                Yongguk just smiled at the cracked voice. He proceeded to put the ring on Daehyun’s finger. Daehyun quickly got down after that to be embraced by him. He sighed in relief before kissing the side of Daehyun’s head.

                With everything that they had gone through, they realized it only made them stronger. If anything ever happened again, testing their love towards each other to the limit, they had made a promise to themselves to be by each other’s side until the very end.

                Yongguk and Daehyun were living in separate lives before. They met because of destiny. Their hearts changed and fell in love. And they had decided to stay in each other’s life forever.

 

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

 

Love is not in our choice.

Love is in our fate.

Love is not about possession.

Love is about appreciation.

Love is hard to find.

Love is beyond my control.

Love is you.

 

 

 

 


 

I'm sorry for making you guys miserable. I didn't mean to do that ^^'

But some of you were right. I didn't put an angst tag for this story. Because I don't think I can handle a sad ending too T^T

I want to say thank you to all upvoters, subscribers, commenters and readers. Without you guys this fic won't be the way it is right now. Thanks a lot for keeping up with it for a whole year, keeping it alive no matter how long I took to update. I really appreciate all your supportive words. They revived me and made me continued to write till the end.

But wait. I don't mark this fic completed yet. Isn't this the last chap? And today's not this fic's anniversary. It's because I have to write an epilogue when there's a prologue :D

The epilogue will come soon! I'll make it longer than this chap so don't bash me >.<

I love you guys!!! Anyeong!!!