Prologue

A Change Of Heart

Three years ago

 

                “Dae, I made it! I made it, Dae!” Inguk ran to hug Daehyun so tightly that he almost lifted him from the ground. Daehyun just stepped out from his house to go to the school and his boyfriend would always wait for him outside.

                “Really, hyung? You made it to the company?” Daehyun asked in disbelief. He too felt happy for Inguk as that was what his boyfriend had been dreaming about; to be a trainee at a company.

                “Yes, yes, I made it! I’m going to Seoul! Inguk pumped his fists to the air as he was jumping happily around his lover.

             Daehyun’s face changed suddenly. He just realized that the fact Inguk would be leaving him in Busan to go to Seoul.

                Inguk stopped his actions when he noticed Daehyun was frozen in his place. Both of his hands cupped Daehyun’s cheeks. “Dae?”

                Daehyun looked up at the other with teary eyes. He put his hand over Inguk’s warm one.

                “Please, don’t be sad,” Inguk said softly. “You know I can’t leave you when you’re like this.”

                Daehyun shook his head and smiled. “No, hyung. I’m not sad. I’m just too happy for you,” His lips trembled as a tear rolled down his cheek.

                Inguk pulled Daehyun into a hug. He Daehyun’s head that was pressed against his chest. “I promise I’ll do my best, Dae. And I won’t forget you. I’ll love you forever.” He whispered into Daehyun’s soft hair and kissed it gently.

                Daehyun pulled away from Inguk and gazed at his eyes. “I love you too…Guk hyung.” With that said, Inguk brushed his lips with Daehyun’s in a long passionate kiss.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                It was graduation day and Yongguk was one of the students that were going to graduate from the university. He just went out of the toilet to go to the main hall for the ceremony when a girl stopped his pace.

                “Jihyun? What’re you doing here?” Yongguk asked quizzically.

                “Yongguk sunbae, I have something that I need to tell you,” Jihyun stated nervously.

                “Well, you better be fast ‘cause my ceremony is about to start soon,” Yongguk said while taking a look at his watch.

                “I like you, sunbae,” Jihyun blurted out, making Yongguk gawked at her. “I kept this feeling for myself for a long time. And I know if I don’t say it today, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life when I can’t see you again after this.”

                Yongguk’s eyes flickered. “C-Could you please give me some time to think about it?

                “Yeah, sure,” Jihyun nodded without looking at him. “I understand if you don’t like me back. I just wanted you to know my feelings,” She stepped aside and began to walk away from Yongguk.

                Although Yongguk seemed reluctant, he actually was very happy to know that his crush had confessed to him. He did like Jihyun. But he was too afraid to take the chance. Love had hurt him before. He didn’t want to go through the pain again.

                However, he remembered a saying that the only way to get over a broken heart was to fall in love again. And Yongguk didn’t want to be alone forever. He too was craving to love and be loved. So, he decided it was worth a try.

                Yongguk turned around to find that girl and he was glad she was not that far away. “Jihyun!”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

Two years ago

 

              “Guk hyung… I miss you…” Daehyun whined through the phone.

              “I miss you too, Dae. But you know that I’m super busy, I just can call you once a week,” Inguk replied frustratingly.

              “Yeah, I know. I always wait for your call everyday though. I really really really really really miss you…” Daehyun was very sleepy because Inguk chose to call him past midnight. That’s the only free time that he had.

              “I’m sorry, Dae. I wish I can talk to you everyday too,” Inguk retorted. “But you know what? It’s so fun here. I mean I got to know all the idols from the same company. Some of them even called me handsome and cute. It’s so hard to debut as a solo artist. The practice is tiring but I like it. This is what I wanted to do after all…” He kept rambling about his new life without caring to ask Daehyun if he was being good or not.

              It was always like that when Inguk called. But Daehyun didn’t care. As long as he could hear his boyfriend’s voice, then everything was fine. This time, again, Daehyun ended up falling asleep while he was still on the phone.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                “What the ?!” Yongguk yelled after he saw the scene in front of him. He just got back from his outstation in Gwangju and went straight to his girlfriend’s apartment. Often, he would inform Jihyun the time he would come back, but not this time. It really shocked him to see Jihyun was having with a stranger on their bed.

                “! Yongguk, let me explain!” Jihyun scrambled up, still in her state, leaving the guy lying casually on the bed.

                Yongguk shook his head while backing away. “No need to explain anything to me now. I can see just fine.” He said through gritted teeth.

                “But please-” Jihyun’s plead was ignored as he dashed out of the apartment without looking back.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

One year ago

 

            “Dae-ah, maybe I can’t call you so often after this,” Inguk called again that one night. His ever so hyped up tone that he had when he usually contacted his lover was changed to a dejected one tonight.

                “Why hyung…?” Daehyun asked sadly. He missed Inguk like crazy when all he could do was waiting for Inguk’s call every week. But starting from now on, he would never going to hear his voice anymore for a long time, although he was aware that this time would come after all.

                Inguk sighed through the phone. “I need to hand my phone to the company. We’re going to debut soon,” He explained bitterly.

                Daehyun fell silent. Inguk didn’t know that the other was holding his tears. He really missed Inguk and he wished they could see each other before Inguk made a debut as an idol.

                “I love you, Dae…” Inguk muttered with a low voice. “I’m sorry…”

                Daehyun shook his head although he knew the elder couldn’t see it. “Don’t be,” He sniffed slowly. “Just know that I love you too…”

                That night, they spent hours by saying how much they love each other and made promises to never change it forever.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            “Mom, dad, let’s move to Seoul,” Yongguk suddenly voiced out his wish when they were watching a television show together in the living room.

                “What? Why?” His mom asked frantically as she sat up straight on the couch.

                Yongguk played with his fingers. “I don’t think I can live here anymore,” He said without looking at her.

                Truthfully, Yongguk was finding a way to avoid Jihyun because she was bothering him every single day no matter where he was; at his work, at a coffee shop or even at his house. She also kept calling him every hour that Yongguk had to change his phone number. So, for him, the best way to get her out of his life, was to get out from her life.

                Mrs. Bang looked at his youngest son, Minsoo, and then at his husband. They knew Yongguk was going through a hard time to get over his past love. The only thing they could do was to give him a full support on living his life.

                “It’s okay for me since I’m not working anymore. But what about your job?” Mr. Bang wondered.

                “Yeah, what about my studies?” Minsoo chimed in.

                “Don’t worry. I have made an application to my company to move to another branch,” Yongguk replied to his father. “And I’ll get you to transfer to another college in Seoul,” He didn’t forget about his younger brother.

                “Are you sure about this?” His father asked for a final word. Yongguk nodded with a stern face.

                “Then, I have nothing to say.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

Yesterday is history. Today is a gift. Tomorrow is a mystery.

Live each day as though it were your last, with the things that are truly going to last.