Chapter Ten

A Change Of Heart

             Yongguk went home late again that night but it was only 10 p.m. this time. He knew Daehyun would wait for him again even though he had told him not to. That kid was pretty stubborn to listen to him.

                As expected, Daehyun was in the living room with books and notes sprawled on the low table he was sitting at. Usually, he would do his assignments or revision in his room but since he was waiting for his husband to come home, he decided to do it there. Yongguk’s heart fluttered thinking on how the younger did care about him.

                Daehyun was too focused on his study that he didn’t hear the front door opened. Yongguk strode nearing the younger and crouched down behind him. “I’m home.”

                Hearing the deep baritone voice made the hair behind Daehyun’s neck stood upright. His body jumped frantically and the notes were flailed everywhere. “ing !” He shrieked before turning around. “Yongguk! How many times do I have to tell you! Don’t do that!”

                Yongguk chuckled at the fuming Daehyun. He was already plopped on the floor. “I’m sorry but I can’t help it. You’re just too cute when you’re shocked.”

                Daehyun pouted seeing his husband who was laughing boisterously. His cheeks were pink when he was called cute.

                “Besides, it’s not my fault you’re so into your studying,” Yongguk shrugged his shoulders and jutted out his bottom lip.

                Daehyun sighed and rolled his eyes. He abruptly stood up and walked towards the kitchen. Yongguk quizzically followed the younger with his eyes. He scrambled to get up and tailed behind Daehyun. He was afraid if Daehyun had finally reached his limit and got angry at him.

                In the kitchen, Yongguk went to sit at the table so he could face the other who was busy preparing the already cooked meal. Daehyun had a straight face and Yongguk thought he’s in trouble.

                Yongguk gulped before asking timidly. “Daehyun-ah, are you…mad at me…?”

                Daehyun smacked the table and now Yongguk was the one to jump in his seat. “Yes! I’m so mad at you! You’re so annoying I just want to mph nghh mrgh!” He grunted while doing the squeezing and squishing with his hands as he looked at Yongguk menacingly.

                Yongguk almost laughed again at his adorable partner. But he had to hold it or Daehyun would really get mad at him. “Okay, okay. I’m sorry, okay?”

                “You better be,” Daehyun gave the side eye. “Here, eat your dinner…or supper.”

                Yongguk looked at all the dishes arranged in front of him. He nodded and began to eat. “Aren’t you eating with me?”

                Daehyun shook his head. “I’ve ate already.”

                Both of them sat in silence for a while. Daehyun propped up his chin on his hands as he watched Yongguk eating the meal. On the other hand, the older man was in a deep thought. He stared at his plate, slowly chewing the food in his mouth.

                Yongguk looked up and made an eye contact with the man in front of him. “Daehyun,” The latter raised his brows as a signal for him to go on. “Can I… ask you something…?”

                Daehyun nodded and folded his arms on the table to listen intently.

                “Who is him?”

                “Huh?” Daehyun frowned when he didn’t get it.

                “Him, the guy… You said that you hate him…”

                Daehyun’s eyes widened, his mouth agape as he remembered the day when he cried because of Inguk. He didn’t see this coming, not after weeks of the incident. Yongguk was really unpredictable.

                “H-He… He is…” Daehyun stuttered. He began to feel uneasy about it.

                “It’s okay, Daehyun-ah,” Yongguk chimed in. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” He smiled reassuringly.

                Daehyun relaxed a bit. He suddenly felt guilty for treating Yongguk like that. His husband was there to calm him down when he was heartbroken by Inguk. He was given a long time to get over it. Yongguk didn’t say anything about it during the period of time until now. So didn’t he deserve to know about that guy even a bit?

                “He’s my lover,” Daehyun began, his eyes fixed on the table. “We’ve been dating for the last four years.”

                Yongguk was indeed hurt to hear the truth but it would be worse if Daehyun lied to him. He was glad to know that Daehyun trusted him enough to tell the right thing. “If you already have a lover, why would you marry me?”

                Daehyun looked up at the other. It was a relief when Yongguk didn’t explode and yell at him. “He’s accepted by a record label so he had to move to Seoul. My parents don’t know about us. I couldn’t come up with a good enough reason to come to Seoul. Even if I did, they wouldn’t let me go that easily. So when you said we’re staying in Seoul after we got married, I didn’t think much to agree.”

                “Your parents didn’t know about him?”

                “No… We’ve just known each other for two years and we started dating for a year. Inguk hyung refused to see my parents that time because he wasn’t ready while I’ve met his parents countless times. Then, he went to Seoul before he had the chance to meet them.”

                “His name’s Inguk…?” Yongguk asked after he had caught it among Daehyun’s long explanation.

                “Yes… Seo Inguk,” Daehyun didn’t plan to mention the name but since they had come this far, he thought there’s nothing wrong if Yongguk knew about it.

                “Are you okay now?”

                “Yeah… he apologized…”

                “For what?”

                “For…ignoring me…? Whatever the reason is, I’m glad that he said sorry. I just…I can’t hate him that long. I love him,” Daehyun smiled while Yongguk felt like he had been stabbed right through the heart. “It’s his dream to be a singer. I don’t want to hold him back. I know it must be hard for my parents to accept an idol as my partner. But Inguk hyung said we should at least try…”

                “And when is it going to happen?”

                “I don’t know…” Daehyun murmured as he kept his eyes downcast. “Promise me you won’t tell my parents about this?” He looked up at the elder with pleading eyes.

                Yongguk breathed out before smiling sweetly. “Promise.”

                Daehyun felt like a burden had been lifted from his shoulders. His heart was light again because now he could share his problems with another person. He really liked Yongguk for understanding. A man like him was hard to find.

                “Speaking of the parents,” Yongguk uttered. “I heard they’re coming here this weekend.”

                “Oh?"

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

               “So…what’re we going to make?” Yongguk asked as he was standing behind the refrigerator door. He rested his head on it, looking at the other who was busy rummaging for the ingredients.

                “Hmm…let’s see…” Daehyun straightened back his body that was previously crouched down in front of the fridge. “We can make bulgogi, and…kimchi stew, and…pancakes…”

                “I want kimbap,” Yongguk muttered with a sheepish smile.

                Daehyun nodded, returning the smile. “And kimbap too.”

                It was the first time Yongguk helped Daehyun to cook. The younger always made the dinner by himself on weekdays before Yongguk came home. While on weekends, they usually eat outside or order a takeaway. That’s because Yongguk said that Daehyun had to rest on the weekend and he couldn’t cook anything good beside ramyun.

                Yongguk obediently followed Daehyun’s orders from washing the vegetables, peeling the potatoes and chopping the onions. That resulted in a messy Yongguk with tear streaked cheeks. He was blinking his eyes repeatedly, having a hard time to open them. Daehyun in the contrary was laughing at him real loud like it was the funniest thing ever. If only he was not crying because of the onions, Yongguk would have tackled Daehyun down and tickle him until he was out of breath.

                The dinner was almost done, congrats to their good teamwork. Their parents would come in any minute. Daehyun was finishing the kimbap while Yongguk was cleaning the kitchen.

                “Urgh, I can’t open this,” Daehyun groaned when he couldn’t open the pickle jar. He was twisting the lid to the left and to the right with his face scrunched up.

                Yongguk turned from the countertop and snickered at the struggling Daehyun. “Here, let me do it,” He took the jar from the younger and succeeded to open it in one try. “Guess that your hands are really weak,” He smirked as he handed back the jar to Daehyun.

                Daehyun snatched it, looking furiously at the taller man. “Not when I slap that handsome face of yours.”

                “I’d like to see you try,” Yongguk said scornfully with arms crossed against his chest.

                With that, Daehyun slammed the jar on the table. In a swift move, a quick slap landed on Yongguk’s face. Yongguk’s head just budged a little by that. Only a slight stinging sensation was caused by the slap.

                Yongguk laughed. “Is that all you got?”

                Daehyun had lost it. He moved forward and grabbed both of Yongguk’s ears. He started rocking them back and forth, releasing all the anger he was holding back before.

                “Ow ow ow ow ow,” Yongguk whimpered at Daehyun’s wrath. His ears felt like they would fall off in every pull and tug. He gripped Daehyun by his wrists and strived to detach Daehyun’s hands from his ears.

                The stronger Yongguk managed to take control of the younger. Daehyun’s hands were locked in the air by Yongguk’s but that didn’t stop him from wrestling back. He only knew he had lost the fight when he heard another laugh from Yongguk. He stopped fighting to scowl at the other, slightly panting because of the previous counter.

                Yongguk stopped laughing to stare back at Daehyun. He just realized that they were standing a little too close with each other. His smile faded as his heartbeat increased. Daehyun was beautiful from his eyes, his nose, his lips. Everything of him was beautiful and Yongguk was captivated by them.

                Daehyun’s glowering face had softened when he receive the look Yongguk was giving. It was unusual and Daehyun seemed to be lost in Yongguk’s eyes, trying to figure out what it was all about. He didn’t know why but Yongguk made his heart skipped a beat. And he actually liked that feeling.

                The sound of the doorbell broke their trance. Yongguk blinked his eyes a couple of times before releasing Daehyun’s hands whereas Daehyun was looking everywhere but the man in front of him.

                Yongguk cleared his throat as he scratched his head. “I-I’ll op-open the door…”

                Daehyun turned back to the table. He just nodded without looking at Yongguk, pretending to be busy doing his unfinished work. Yongguk quickly made his way out of the kitchen. He hit his head again and again for his stupidity.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

               After he had done making the kimbap, Daehyun showed a vacant room to his mother. His father was having a conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Bang, together with Yongguk in the living room. His parents were staying here tonight while Yongguk’s parents would go home later after having the dinner. Minsoo didn’t come along because he was hanging out with his friends.

                Daehyun sat on the bed as he looked at his mother who had just got out of the bathroom. She was wiping her face in front of the mirror. Unintentionally, the situation in the kitchen with Yongguk flashed across his mind, making him blush at the thought. He was sure the weird feeling was the same when Yongguk patted his head back then. But he could feel it was getting stronger. He used to hate that feeling so why must he like it now? He couldn’t say it was love because the man he loves is Inguk. Daehyun’s head was in a total mess right now.

                “Mom,” Daehyun called and his mother immediately turned to him, responding with a yes. “…when you told me to marry Yongguk, how could you be sure that it’s a correct decision?” He asked curiously. Before, he didn’t even bother about it but now everything about Yongguk made him think twice.

                “Hmm… I don’t know,” Mrs. Jung began. “Maybe you two look great together. Mrs. Bang said that Yongguk is a nice person. He loves his parents and brother more than anything. But he’s always the one to get hurt in love. And you my dear, I know you’re a loyal person, moreover in a relationship. I’m sure you can love him better than anyone else did and he’ll know you’re different from them.”

                Daehyun’s mind was full of questions. What if he doesn’t love Yongguk? How can he love Yongguk when he loves somebody else? But what about those feelings when Yongguk patted his head? When Yongguk was standing too close to him? When Yongguk stared into his eyes? Daehyun was absolutely confused by his own feelings.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                The dinner went on with the parents complimenting about the food, asking the couple if they’re being in good conditions, and urging them to have a baby soon because they’re impatient to be grandparents. While Daehyun was all flustered beside his husband, Yongguk gave the same reason as the one he had gave to Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo; Daehyun was still young, he’s still studying and blah blah blah…

                Both of Daehyun and Yongguk were back to their acting again. They’re trying hard to lessen their awkwardness because of the latest incident in the kitchen. The worst part was when they would have to share a bedroom once more since Daehyun’s parents were staying there.

                That included when they’re resting in the living room after dinner to watch some variety shows. Daehyun and Yongguk were seated next to each other on a couch whereas their parents sat on the other two. The younger attempted to avoid his knee from touching Yongguk’s but it was in vain. Yongguk impossibly took a large space for himself, sitting with his legs spread widely apart, making Daehyun to squeeze at the other end with legs pressed together.

                Coincidentally, the artist featured in the talk show program was Inguk. Daehyun had hardly the TV before because he was busy with his studies. Was he lucky to see his boyfriend on TV tonight or God had planned something else for him?

 

                “So Inguk-ssi, it has been six months since your debut and you’re gaining popularity,” said the male MC.

                “Ah, yes. Thank you.”

 

                Hearing the familiar name, Yongguk quickly turned to see the younger beside him who was already staring at the screen with wide eyes. Now he was confirmed it was Daehyun’s lover.

                “Oh, it’s the new male artist. He’s really popular these days,” Mrs. Bang spoke up.

                “I bet it’s because he’s good-looking,” replied Mrs. Jung.

 

                “And, the common question, are you single?”

                “Yes, I’m single and available,” Inguk smiled with thumbs up.

 

                Daehyun was indeed surprised. He couldn’t believe Inguk would say something like that. Yongguk too was taken aback by Inguk’s answer. He had planned to erase his feeling towards Daehyun so that both of them could be together. But judging from the situation right now, maybe there would be a change of plan.

 

                “Is it true? ‘Cause from what I know, you’re still dating during your trainee days.”

                “Ah…no, no, no. That’s an old story,” Inguk denied while shaking his head.

                “So you’re really dating then? What happened?”

                “I don’t know,” He shrugged. “Maybe we’re not meant to be with each other and I got dumped.”

                “You’re dumped?! Aigoo… poor you. I hope you’ll find someone better after this. You can give a message to your fans that will maybe date you in the future…”

 

                Unbearable to watch any further, Daehyun excused himself from there. “I-I… I need to use the toilet…” He uttered with his head hung low before quickly got off the couch and went upstairs.

                The parents just nodded without suspecting anything. Yongguk waited for a moment, calming down his own outrage. If he could, he would go find that jerk and punch him square in the face. But now he needed to comfort the person he loves first. Yongguk said he wanted to go to his room for a while and the parents nodded again, thinking that their sons were so in love that they couldn’t be separated even for a second.

                Slowly pushing the door of Daehyun’s room, Yongguk could see the younger was sitting on the bed, leaning against the headboard with knees pulled up to his chest. His face was buried in between them as he cried his heart out.

                Yongguk settled beside him. He hesitantly lifted his hand before Daehyun’s head. It only took seconds for Daehyun to move and hug Yongguk, spilling his tears on the elder’s shirt. Yongguk’s body froze at the sudden contact. But seeing the other so vulnerable made him wrapped his arms around the smaller body as if he needed to protect Daehyun from anything that could hurt him.

                Yongguk rubbed Daehyun’s back in attempt to soothe him. He just let Daehyun to wet his shirt until the younger was hiccupping. Only then he told Daehyun to stop already. It’s not worth to cry over the bad guy.

                Daehyun pulled away to rub his teary eyes with the back of his hands. He was embarrassed to lift his head and look at his husband. Yongguk helped him wiped out the remaining tears on his face.

                “Are you feeling better now?” Yongguk asked with concern. Daehyun nodded, still looking down. “Maybe you need to lie down and get some sleep,” He gently pushed Daehyun’s shoulders to make him lie on the bed. He caressed the younger’s hair once more as he wanted to get off the bed but his shirt was pulled and he stopped to turn around.

                Daehyun was now lying on his side, gripping onto Yongguk’s shirt. “Are you…you’re going to sleep here tonight, right…?” He timidly asked, looking up at the latter. He really liked the attention Yongguk was giving and he wanted more of it.

                Yongguk’s heart melted seeing the puppy eyes of Daehyun. “Of course,” He smiled. “Our parents are here, we need to sleep together. I’m just going to tell them that you have a headache and goes to sleep first.” Yongguk said and Daehyun pursed his lips as he broke his grip.

                “Besides, I need to change my wet shirt,” Yongguk added with a playful smirk. Daehyun flushed madly and hid his face in the pillow. How could anybody not love this cutie?

                A moment later, Yongguk came back to the room, claiming his spot beside Daehyun who was cuddling his bunny. Their parents asked so many questions like he was a criminal – “Is Daehyun okay?”, “Is it bad?”, “Did he take the medicine?”, “He’s not pregnant, is he?” – Yongguk almost told them to shut up already. In the end, he managed to talk his parents to go home and made his in laws to go to sleep.

                “Aren’t you going to turn off the light?”

                Daehyun’s voice had startled him somehow. He thought that Daehyun was asleep. “It’s okay.”

                Daehyun was touched by Yongguk’s act. The elder had once told him that he couldn’t sleep without turning off the light. Now he rather ignored his need as long as Daehyun’s was fulfilled.

                Daehyun lied on his side to look at the other. “Yong-Yonguk… Thank you…”

                “Hm?” Yongguk turned to him. “What for?”

                “Just…for being by my side…” Daehyun averted his eyes as his bloated cheeks grew red.

                Yongguk chuckled at the adorable sight. “You’re welcome,” He retorted. “Why didn’t you sleep yet?”

                Daehyun didn’t answer. He just pouted while playing with the bunny’s ears.

                “Were you waiting for me?”

                Daehyun blushed again. Yongguk pursed his lips to suppress a laugh.

                “Or you just can’t sleep?”

                Daehyun didn’t answer that either when in fact, they’re all true. All the Inguk things were making him hard to close his eyes. He was just too shy to admit it.

                “Want me to hug you to sleep?” Yongguk asked and without waiting for an answer, he pulled Daehyun to rest his head against his broad chest, the stuffed bunny was sandwiched between them.

                Daehyun tensed in the man embrace but soon relaxed his body and closed his eyes. He had never been this comfortable before going to sleep. Subconsciously, he nuzzled his face into the crook of Yongguk’s neck and snuggled closer, throwing the bunny behind.

                “Yongguk, your heart is beating so fast…”

                “Just go to sleep.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

I'll always be beside you until the very end, wiping all your tears away, being your best friend.

I'll smile when you smile and feel all the pain you do.

 


 

Happy Birthday to our precious lead vocalist of B.A.P!!!

 

He's so cute and adorable o(╥﹏╥)o

#HappyDaehyunDay