Epilogue

A Change Of Heart

 

                Daehyun squeezed his eyes when the sunlight was shining on him through the window. He knew it was already morning but he was dragging the time to wake up. Plus, the bed felt so comfortable during Saturdays. He shuffled his body to lie on the other side to avoid the bright sun. And now he could feel someone's breath on his face.

                Daehyun scrunched up his face. His lips were pouting as he rubbed his eyes open. Yongguk was still fast asleep next to him. His mouth was slightly apart, maybe because of being too tired after he worked overtime yesterday. And Daehyun couldn’t say goodnight to him because he fell asleep first. His job as a kindergarten teacher since two years ago was also tiring.

                His sleepiness was fading away with a long yawn. He stretched out his body until his heart’s content and blinked his eyes a few times. Then, he turned to his husband again. The little snores coming out from Yongguk's mouth made him giggled quietly.

                Being an impish wife he was, Daehyun reached out to Yongguk's nose before pinching it lightly but enough to restrict his breathing. The snores stopped in instant and Daehyun suppressed his laugh while waiting for the victim to start squirming.

                Yongguk groaned with a frown on his face. He turned away his head away from Daehyun. Lying on his back, he could breathe normally again.

                Daehyun bit his lips, still grinning naughtily. He propped up his body with a hand on his husband's chest. When Yongguk still didn't move, he began to kiss his lips. But Yongguk wasn't responding so he kissed him again. And again, and again. It's impossible to count how many kisses Daehyun had given to his husband even in only ten seconds.

                How weird that their lips didn't bleed by now. Maybe because Yongguk was afraid his lips would get thicker after this, he suddenly pushed Daehyun down onto the bed again. Now it was his turn to shower his kisses all over Daehyun's face. The younger only laughed at the ticklish feeling.

                Yongguk huffed after he had finished with his revenge. "I might be lacking in oxygen in my sleep if you keep doing that. Maybe I could die while sleeping."

                Daehyun chuckled. "But you've woken up because of that. So, good morning!" He puckered his lips, asking for another kiss.

                Yongguk granted his wish, kissing his wife properly this time. "Good morning," He said before moving to Daehyun's stomach. The shirt was lifted and he pressed his lips onto the small bump on it. "Good morning, baby."

                "Say good morning for me too," Daehyun uttered because obviously, he couldn't kiss his own stomach.

                Yongguk repeated his act as Daehyun rubbed his belly. "Mommy says good morning too, aegiya..."

                Daehyun was in great delight. He loved to see the way his husband communicated with their unborn child. It’s so heartwarming. He guessed he was lucky to have a husband like Yongguk who cared so much for his family.

                Yongguk held out his hands and Daehyun took them. The elder pulled him to sit up on the bed. "The weather is good today. I think we should go out," Daehyun suggested.

                "Sure," Yongguk agreed with a peck on Daehyun’s cheek.

                The door to their room was suddenly opened. A little boy sluggishly walked to them, dragging along a Tigger plushie in his small grip. He was rubbing his eyes with a pout on his face, looking just like his mother.

                 "You're awake?" Yongguk lifted the three-year-old boy onto the bed and made him sat on his lap. He was fully awake by now. His bright eyes, button nose and full lips were an exact replica of his father.

                 "Heejun-ah, give daddy a ppoppo," Yongguk cupped Heejun's cheeks and kissed the boy's mouth.

                "What about mommy?" Daehyun asked in a childish tone.

                Heejun released his father and his stuffed toy before going to hug Daehyun from the side. He knew he shouldn’t be rough to his mother’s big stomach. Daehyun pointed to his lips and Heejun gave them a kiss.

                "Aigoo, what a good boy, Daehyun squished the little one in his hug. “You want to kiss your dongsaeng too?"

                The boy nodded. He got on his knees to be at the same level as Daehyun'a protruding belly. His whole face was plastered onto it as he gave a long kiss. He pulled away with a loud "Muahhh!"

                Both Yongguk and Daehyun laughed watching their son's act. This cute little boy had always brightened up their days since he was born three years ago. But their laughter was cut off when a loud cry was heard from the next room.

                Yongguk quickly jumped off the bed in reflex, dashing to the door in a speed of light.

                "Looks like your sister’s awake too,” Daehyun commented to his son. “Let's go change your diaper first," He turned his body and put his feet on the floor, being careful before slowly standing up. But Heejun began to whine while rolling on the bed. It was always so hard to make him go to the toilet.

                Daehyun sighed. "I'll give you Froot Loops after you changed your diaper," He coaxed and Heejun ran to the bathroom, not forgetting to bring along his Tigger plushie.

 

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

 

                Yongguk took his eighteen-month-old daughter out of her crib into his arms. He started rocking the baby girl to stop her crying.

                "Shhh... Daddy's here..." He cooed and the girl didn’t cry anymore. She just laid her head on her father’s shoulder. "Do you want to watch some cartoon?” Yongguk asked because that’s what he always did when his daughter was crying.

                The little girl didn’t give any response. “Hyemin-ah, are you not fully awake yet?" Yongguk pulled her apart from his shoulder. She yawned while rubbing her head with her two tiny hands, causing her soft hair to be disheveled. She looked more like Daehyun because of her doe eyes, pouty lips and chubby cheeks.

                Yongguk laid Hyemin on a baby mattress on the floor to change her diaper. Still in her drowsy state, Hyemin just stared at him blankly.

                Yongguk noticed it while getting rid of the full diaper. "What? Is daddy too handsome?" He wiggled his eyebrows and Hyemin grinned at him. After he finished changing, Yongguk leaned down to her, supporting his body on his elbows. "Give daddy a ppoppo then," He jutted out his lips close to the baby girl’s.

                Hyemin happily kissed his lips. "Mmmuahhh!"

                Yongguk was ecstatic but he’s not satisfied by just a kiss. So he attacked his daughter's face just like what he did to his wife.

                Hyemin began to whimper and struggle to get away from her father. She rolled off to the side before standing on her little feet. Once she got the balance, she ran out of the room.

                "Yah! Did you just run away from me?" Yongguk watched her chortled as she made a turn to his bedroom. He didn't need to worry about his children going for the stairs since he had put a fence before them.

                Hyemin met Daehyun halfway, carrying her brother who was wrapped in a towel in his arm. She straightaway clung onto Daehyun’s leg. “Mommy…” She whined.

                "Aigoo... Are you looking for mommy, Hyeminie? Where's your daddy?" Daehyun held out his hand for the little girl to take it. She gripped two of Daehyun’s fingers and followed her mother back to her room.

                Daehyun found Yongguk was cleaning some mess in the kids' room. "Yeobo, could you put a diaper on Heejun?"

                “Yes, Heejun, come to daddy,” Yongguk took his son from Daehyun before laying him on the same mattress.

                Daehyun then lifted Hyemin from the ground. "Are you hungry? Or do you want to watch a cartoon?” He asked and kissed Hyemin’s cheek but his daughter was more interested in playing with his hair. “Let's go down," He said and made his way to the ground floor.

 

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

 

                Yongguk, still didn’t put on any shirt, was watching the kids in the living room while Daehyun was preparing breakfast for them. He lied on the couch with Heejun sitting on his hips, eating the Froot Loops from a bowl given by Daehyun just now while Hyemin stood in front of the TV, looking up with immense concentration to the baby show.

                "You sure don't want to eat it with milk?" Yongguk asked his son.

                Heejun shook his head without raising it. He kept his eyes on the cereal bowl he had placed on his father’s bare flat stomach, both of his hands were dipped into it. "I want to weat like thish."

                "Okay,” Yongguk complied because he also liked to eat raw food, especially ramyun. Maybe Heejun did take after him according to Daehyun. “Did you give some to your sister?"

                Heejun bobbed his head up and down. "I give thish to Minnie."

                "Really? How many?"

                Heejun showed two of the cereals to Yongguk, each of his hands holding one.

                "How many are those?"

                Heejun thought for a moment, staring at the cereals in his holds. "Two!"

                "Oh! You're so clever!" Yongguk ruffled the boy's hair. "Give me some," He opened his mouth.

                Heejun put one cereal loop into his mouth.

                "Mmm, yummy!" He exclaimed. "Now give daddy the red one!"

                "Red...?" Heejun tilted his head.

                "Mhm, red colour."

                Heejun dug into the bowl in search of the certain coloured loop. When he found one, he showed it to his father. "Red colour?" He asked with raised his brows.

                Yongguk smiled. "No that's orange. I want red colour."

                Heejun searched for it again, more meticulously this time. He showed another one to his father.

                "Yes! That's it! Give it to daddy!" Yongguk was extremely happy with that. He opened up his mouth again and waited for his son to put it in. But instead of his father’s mouth, Heejun decided to put it into his own while cackling at the older man.

                "Yah..." Yongguk pretended to be annoyed at the boy.

                Heejun ignored him and continued to eat. Just then, his eyes caught something. "Daddy, what ish thish?" He pointed to the right side of Yongguk’s stomach.

                Yongguk raised his head a bit. "What? This?” He pointed to the same place. “This is a scar." He stated.

                "Car?" Heejun asked back.

                "No. Car is the big box with four tires that I drive,” He acted like he was controlling a steering wheel. “This is a scar," He told his son again.

                "Secar?" Heejun said it in two syllables. Yongguk still admitted it though.

                "Yes. It's cool isn't it?" He stared at the seven-inch scar for a while. It was still clearly visible after five years. It had really been that long since that incident. He wondered how Jihyun was serving her sentence of sixteen years imprisonment. Now that five years had passed, there were eleven more to go. Junggi on the other hand would be released earlier than her. Maybe about two years later if he’s not wrong.

                “Daddy!”

                Hyemin’s voice broke his thoughts. He looked at his daughter who was cheerfully dancing to him. She danced to any music coming from the TV.

                “Woah… you’re good!” Yongguk complimented in awe. He didn’t know who she took after. But he and Daehyun did like music. Maybe their daughter just liked to express the music through her body.

                “Heejun-ah, look at your sister dancing,” Yongguk found it funny when Hyemin shook her small bottom. She tilted her head from side to side, making her father laughed at her cuteness. But Heejun just gazed boringly at his sister.

                “Yeobo! Breakfast’s ready!” Daehyun called from the kitchen.

                “Let’s go to eat!” Yongguk sat up and put Heejun on the ground. The boy immediately ran to the kitchen while carrying the bowl of cereals. Whereas Hyemin was carried by her father after he had turned off the TV.

                Yongguk settled Hyemin into a highchair and Heejun into another one. He took a seat beside his son. The boy already knew how to eat by himself. He just needed to watch him. Daehyun sat across his husband as he fed Hyemin.

                "So where should we go?" Yongguk asked.

                "I don't know,” Daehyun retorted. “Where should we go Hyemin?"

                The girl looked to her mother with large eyes. "Tokdunekgogudayo! Okakanowanamomo," She said excitedly.

                "Yeah, I have no idea what're you talking about," Daehyun muttered, giving another spoon of porridge to his daughter while Yongguk was laughing out loud, almost spurting out the food in his mouth.

                "Where do you want to go, Heejunie?" Daehyun moved his attention to his son.

                "I wanna pway wish Jimin hyong wand Jinae noona," Heejun uttered with a full mouth.

                "You wanna go to Uncle Joonmyeon's place?" Yongguk asked. "I don’t think we can. They’re not home today."

                “Yeah? Where have they gone to?” Daehyun questioned.

                “Just going out with the kids I think.”

                “You hear that, Junie? We can’t go to Uncle Joonmyeon’s place. Let’s go somewhere else.”

                “Go where?” Heejun pouted sadly since he couldn’t play with his hyung and noona.

                “What about the park?” Daehyun suggested. “Is that okay?”

                Heejun’s face brightened in a blink of an eye. “Okay! Okay!”

 

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

 

                Daehyun was sitting on the floor, searching for a suitable socks for his kids in their dresser. Hyemin was standing beside him as she looked at his act with fascination. He found a yellow ones for her.

                “Here are your socks. Hold them for me,” Daehyun passed the socks to Hyemin before looking for another pair for his son. “Heejun-ah, come here and put on your socks,” He called the boy who was playing with his toys behind him.

                Bringing along the toys, Heejun plopped down in front of his mother and stretched out both of his small feet. "My socks are green colour," He stated.

                "Yea, they are green. You're getting better at recognizing colour," Daehyun proudly complimented his son. He put the socks on Heejun's feet while talking to his husband at the other side of the kids’ room. “Yeobo, have you put everything in the diaper bag?”

                “I’m doing it, jagi,” Yongguk replied as he arranged all the things the children would need in a large bag.

                “There, all done,” Daehyun lifted Heejun to make him stand on his feet before fixing his clothes. The boy went back to his initial place after that.

                “Hyemin-ah, come to mommy,” Daehyun turned around to look for his daughter. She was nowhere in the room. “Hyemin-ah!” He called louder. Not long after that, the girl toddled into the room straight to her mother.

                “Where have you been?” Daehyun sat Hyemin down in front of him. “Where are your socks? Where did you throw them?” He asked. Hyemin began to blabber incoherent words again.

                “Aigoo… I’m just going to waste my time and energy finding it,” Daehyun chose other socks before putting them on her feet. “You lost your socks every time, just like your daddy,” He mumbled.

                Yongguk still heard it. “I didn’t lose them. I couldn’t find them,” He rectified. Daehyun curled his lips at him. He just laughed it off as he finished packing the diaper bag.

                “Everyone’s ready?” Yongguk asked. Both Daehyun and Heejun answered with an excited yes. “I’ll go start my car,” He told his son to take his hand and they make their way downstairs. Daehyun tailed behind while leading Hyemin.

                They had to go by car since Daehyun’s pregnant. Although it only took a ten-minute walk to the park from their house, it was hard for a five-month pregnant mother like Daehyun.

                There were not many people at the park in the morning. They headed to the playground where a few children were playing. Once Heejun and Hyemin spotted the familiar colouful area, they immediately dashed towards it, leaving their parents behind.

                “Don’t run! You might fall and hurt yourself!” Daehyun yelled.

                Yongguk suddenly held onto his wife’s hand. “You need to watch your step too,” He reminded the other.

                “I know,” Daehyun assured. “I’ll walk really slowly.”

                Since Hyemin couldn’t run as fast as her brother, or actually, just fast-walking, she was lagging far behind Heejun whereas the boy had already reached the playground. Daehyun caught up to her and told Yongguk to go to their son.

                The boy wanted to go down the slide. Yongguk quickly helped him up and watch him slid down. Heejun laughed in happiness, asking his father for one more go.

                In the meantime, Daehyun was following Hyemin everywhere. She didn’t stop walking around the playground, just checking out all the equipment without really playing it. The girl definitely loved to walk outside.

                “Hyemin-ah, I think you’ve walked about ten kilometres right now. We could go home and come back here on foot,” Daehyun complained. His speed was deteriorating and his legs were aching though walking was a good pregnancy exercise. “Aren’t you tired?” He asked the girl who was focused on the children riding a seesaw.

                Daehyun sighed when his daughter didn’t give a response. But he really couldn’t walk anymore. He decided to lure her to go somewhere else. “Hyemin-ah, look!” He uttered eagerly. The baby girl looked up at him. Daehyun made her averted her eyes towards the sandy ground. “Go play with the sand! It must be fun!”

                Hyemin waddled to that place in excitement. She felt the sand curiously with her hand and began to play with it. She was enjoying it.

                “That’s right. Make some dough from the sand,” Daehyun said before looking around. He needed to rest his feet. Luckily, there was a bench nearby. He could sit there and watch his daughter at the same time.

                Yongguk didn’t know how many things Heejun had played but the boy was still in his full energy. He took some time to look for his wife and daughter while pushing his son on the swing.

                “Oh, Heejun-ah. Look, your sister’s playing with the sand,” He pointed out to show it to the boy.

                After Heejun saw his sister, he got off the swing to run to Hyemin before joining her. Yongguk trailed behind and observed them for a while. When he was sure the kids could play well by themselves, he went to sit beside Daehyun.

                “Tired?” He placed his hand over Daehyun’s on the younger’s thigh.

                Daehyun pulled a thin smile. “A bit. Hyemin walks nonstop.”

                Yongguk chuckled as he gazed to their daughter from there. “She just likes to move her body,” He said before kneading Daehyun’s shoulder with a hand.

                “What are you doing?” Daehyun’s body tilted away to the side. His brows knitted together. “People are watching.”

                Yongguk’s hand retreated. “They’re not. It’s just your feeling. And it’s not like we’re doing anything. I’m just giving you a massage.” He grinned.

                Daehyun smacked Yongguk’s thigh. “We can do that at home. I want you to massage my whole body later. Especially my feet. They’re very sore,”

                “I can do that right now,” Yogguk crouched down to take Daehyun’s foot.

                Daehyun slapped his back. “Yah!”

                Yongguk laughed as he sat back. His hand rested on Daehyun’s waist. “Did I ever tell you how happy I am right now?”

                Seeing Yongguk’s serious but smiling face, Daehyun couldn’t keep being annoyed with his husband. “You don’t have to tell me. I’m happy as much as you are,” He retorted with his eyes fixed on their children.

                “But you were so angry when you found out you’re pregnant again,” Yongguk faked a sadness in his voice.

                Daehyun turned to him with a guilty expression. “I’m not angry. I’m just not ready,” He clarified.

                “It’s not my fault the leaked,” Yongguk reasoned nonchalantly.

                Daehyun pinched Yongguk’s side. “Don’t talk about something like that out here,” He growled under his breath.

                Yongguk flinched in laughter. “Okay, okay,” He grabbed his wife’s wicked hand. “But if you want me to stop being ‘rough’ at you, you need to stop being rough at me first.”

                “Yah!” Daehyun pinched him again using another hand.

                Yongguk grabbed that hand too. “See, you did it again!”

                Daehyun rolled his eyes and turned away from the other. He just let his husband held both of his hands.

                “Okay, Okay, I’m sorry, jagi,” Yongguk’s apology came like a wind. He pulled the smaller hands to make Daehyun face him again. “I’ll make sure it won’t happen again.”

                Daehyun sighed, looking down to his lap. “That’s not what I mean. I do want a lot of children but… I want to have some time with you too…” His face was covered by blush after he said that.

                Daehyun couldn’t have a ual regularly during pregnancy because of the side effects from the injuries he had five years ago which caused him to have the miscarriage. He needed to be extra careful or the same thing would happen again. He was so happy when he was pregnant with their first child, two years after the miscarriage. Although he had to face many problems and first time experiences during the period of pregnancy, he managed to get through it with Yongguk by his side. It was all worth it after Heejun was born. It made him wanted to have another child already.

                However, during his second pregnancy, he almost had another miscarriage after having an with Yongguk. It was really a traumatic experience for him and he’s afraid to have any ual activity while being pregnant till now. Even if Yongguk wanted to, Daehyun told him to wait until the baby was born. And Yongguk, the understanding husband, would do anything for his beloved wife.

                Yongguk thought Daehyun was cute for being shy after saying something like that. Daehyun was not the only one feeling that way. He too missed making love with his wife. Nine months were not a short period of time. But nothing was more important than their precious babies.

                “Then I promise I’ll be more careful next time,” He kissed Daehyun’s cheek. “You make me love you more today,”

                “What? So you love me less before?” Daehyun pouted.

                “No. It never lessened, only growing more day by day,” Yongguk captured Daehyun’s lips with his. “I love you.”

                Daehyun smiled before returning the kiss. “I love you too.”

                A few more kisses were exchanged after that, until they realized Hyemin was liking the taste of sand in and Heejun was rolling comfortably on the dirty ground.

 

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

 

And you’re my happy ending.

And from every ending, comes a new beginning.

 


 

Happy anniversary everybody!

I hope you like this very last chap!

Once again, thank you so much to all upvoters, subscribers, commenters and readers! Saranghae~♥♥♥