Chapter Sixteen

A Change Of Heart

                 “Yeobo!” Daehyun called from the kitchen. “Yeobo! Breakfast’s ready!”

                “Coming!” Yongguk shouted from the upper floor.

                Daehyun began to arrange the plates of food on the table, waiting for his husband to come down and have breakfast together like they usually did every morning. But still, Daehyun would be surprised when Yongguk suddenly hugged him from behind.

                “Morning, jagi,” Yongguk smooched the soft cheek of his wife as his hands wrapped around Daehyun’s waist.

                “Morning,” Daehyun turned with a sweet smile.

                Yongguk took the chance to peck the lips. “How could you be this beautiful so early in the morning?”

                Daehyun rolled his eyes. Yongguk had said that countless times but he was still flustered by it. Before he started to blush harder, he nudged the elder away to sit at the other side.

                “Eat fast or you’re gonna be late,” Daehyun said.

                “Yes, jagi~” Yongguk replied like a filial son to his mother.

                Daehyun watched the man in front of him putting in the dishes into the rice bowl. His own was yet to be untouched because actually, he wasn’t feeling really good. His head was a little dizzy and the moment he saw Yongguk stuffing the food into his mouth, he was nauseous.

                “Aren’t you eating?” Yongguk asked, drawing Daehyun’s attention to him.

                Daehyun nodded and tried to act as natural as he could. Slowly, he picked some rice using his chopsticks before opening his mouth to take the food in. Once he swallowed it, he felt like it was coming back out. He gagged, covering his mouth.

                Yongguk looked up in confusion. “You okay?”

                With his eyes closed, Daehyun nodded with a hand still over his mouth. He waited for the sick feeling to disappear before finally letting out a heavy breath.

                “Are you sure?” Yongguk asked again, beginning to be worried of the younger.

                “Yeah, I’m fine. Just… my stomach… isn’t feeling well…” Daehyun’s lips thinned as he rubbed his belly.

                “Let’s go to the clinic then,” Yongguk stood up and went to hold Daehyun’s arm, urging his wife to follow him.

                Daehyun got up when Yongguk was pulling him. “Yeobo…” He whined, making his husband stopped. “It’s nothing… No need to go to the clinic…”

                “But – ”

                “There’s nothing wrong with me,” Daehyun cut the elder’s words. “See?” He brought his fists up and down, up and down, with reassuring face.

                Yongguk sighed, placing his hands on his hips. Daehyun was still stubborn as always and he still couldn’t win any argument with him. “Then I’ll send you to the campus,” He stated.

                “No, you’re going to be late,” Daehyun shook his head. He took the briefcase and handed it to the other.

                Grabbing the briefcase, Yongguk jutted out his bottom lip, pretending to be sulky. “I’ll let you go this time. But if you’re feeling sick again, I’ll drag you straight to the hospital,” He asserted although it sounded more like a threat to the younger.

                “Yes~” Daehyun grinned because he succeeded again this time.

                Yongguk pulled his wife into a hug using his free hand. Daehyun returned his embrace, pressing his face onto the broad chest so that he could breathe in the masculine scent of his husband. They broke apart after a while and Daehyun knew Yongguk would kiss his forehead. He shut his eyes as warm lips were brushed above his eyebrows.

                “I’ll go now,” Yongguk said.

                “Okay,” Daehyun released the elder’s body from his grasp.

                Yongguk then pluck another kiss on Daehyun’s lips. “See you later.”

                “Okay.”

                But Yongguk was still there, staring at Daehyun. Out of a sudden, he kissed Daehyun’s nose.

                “Okay,” Daehyun giggled.  “That’s enough,” He stated with a hand on Yongguk’s chest.

                “Alright, alright,” Yongguk nodded.

               Daehyun crossed his arms, waiting for the other to leave for work. Yongguk though was gazing at him like he wanted something but too afraid to ask. Daehyun raised his brows.

                “Your cute cheeks are asking to be kissed…” The elder mumbled.

                “What?” Daehyun narrowed his eyes.

                “Last one,” Yongguk uttered before quickly kissed Daehyun’s cheek.

                “Yah!” Daehyun cupped that cheek as he glared at his husband.

                Yongguk hastily turned around to make a run to the door. However, after a few steps, he came back to kiss the other cheek. Then he really ran to the door.

                Daehyun huffed. Yongguk was always like that everyday. My wife is too beautiful, he said. I should kiss you as much as the time I spent at work, he said. But Daehyun was not tired, or annoyed with it. He liked it. He loved the man that would make him smile and his heart beat faster every single day just by saying simple words and kisses.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                It’s still early in the morning and he just started his work. But Yongguk couldn’t focus at all. He didn’t know why there’s an uneasy feeling that had been bugging him ever since he left the house. Now he’s even more worried about Daehyun. He wondered if he should give him a call. Or maybe there’s nothing to be worried about. He was probably just being paranoid.

                Even so, the moment he saw Minsoo’s name on his ringing phone, he knew something bad was crushing down on him. His brother never called unless it was about Daehyun. Yongguk tried to calm down as he picked it up, hoping that nothing going in his mind to happen.

                “Hyung, did Daehyun go to the campus with you?”

                Yongguk gulped. “No…he didn’t…” How I wish he did… “Why?”

                “Well, I’ve been waiting for him outside for half an hour. I’ve knocked the door but there’s no answer. I tried to call him too but I couldn’t reach him…”

                Yongguk didn’t bother to listen until Minsoo finished talking. He grabbed the car keys before dashing out of his office, ignoring all the questioning stares. Speeding through the roads, he had called Daehyun couple of times but it wasn’t answered. His heart raced in his chest. He couldn’t imagine if something bad really did happen to his beloved wife.

                Minsoo’s car came into his view which was parked right in front of his house. Yongguk stopped his car behind it. His dongsaeng was at the door with his phone on his ear. He was probably trying to call Daehyun again.

                “Hyung!” Minsoo exclaimed once he saw the elder coming towards him.

                Yongguk didn’t say anything. He unlocked the door before rushing in. “Daehyun!”

                The entire house was silent. Yongguk went to check upstairs, thoroughly from one place to another including the bathroom. But Daehyun was not anywhere in there. He rubbed his face and ran his fingers through the hair as he came back to the living room.

                “What’s going on, hyung?” Minsoo asked after he returned from the kitchen, also searching for his brother-in-law.

                “I don’t know…” Yongguk’s breath stuttered out while he shook his head. He thought Daehyun was home. So knowing that his wife was out there alone and something bad might happened to him made his heart clenched and beads of sweat began to form on his forehead.

                “So Daehyun’s missing? Should we report it to the police?” Minsoo began to feel anxious.

                “We can’t. We need to wait for 24 hours to make a report about missing people,” Yongguk plopped onto the couch.

                Minsoo stood still without a word. He knew Yongguk could handle this. So he just gave his hyung some time to think.

                Daehyun never rejected his call. It’s weird, like really weird. What’s going on? What’s happening to Daehyun? Where is he now? Is he okay? Yongguk couldn’t just stay here if his wife was in danger. But how would he find him? Is this someone’s doing? What do they want from him?

                Yongguk decided to contact Joonmyeon. Maybe his best friend knew how to help him think on what to do with his chaotic mind. Joonmyeon was of course shocked when Yongguk told him everything.

                “I don’t know but I think somebody is not happy with you guys,” Joonmyeon spoke up after being silent for a moment.

                “What do you mean?” Yongguk’s brows knitted together as he tried to listen carefully to what the other wanted to say.

                “The news about Daehyun and the idol. If you read carefully, the title said ‘Seo Inguk is dating a married university student’. How would they know Daehyun is married?”

                Yongguk’s mouth was agape as his mind started to piece everything together. Minsoo became eager to know what his hyung was talking about when he saw that astonished face of Yongguk.

                “My point is that the person who broke the news must be someone who knows Daehyun or you,” Joonmyoen continued. “And that person doesn’t approve your relationship with your wife. Daehyun’s missing might be caused by the same person.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Daehyun slowly lifted his heavy eyelids. He was lying on his sides on the cold floor. Taking a look at his surroundings, he didn’t remember how he got here. Hell, he didn’t have any idea what’s going on. All he could remember was waiting for Minsoo outside of his house and then nothing.

                The room had enough light but it was empty. He wanted to sit up only to realize that his hands were bounded tightly with ropes behind his back as well as his feet. He squirmed to be free but his efforts were in vain. Groaning in despair, he struggled to sit on his bottom.

                “What did I tell you…?”

                Daehyun’s head shot up at the woman’s voice. His eyes widened when he saw Jihyun was standing at the door with scornful face.

                Jihyun walked in and she began pacing in front of Daehyun. “I told you to stay away from Yongguk. I told you to leave. Gosh, you’re so stupid,” She threw her hands up in annoyance.

                “What do you think you’re doing?” Daehyun grunted. “You won’t get Yongguk back by doing this.”

                Jihyun scoffed. “I have many other ways to get him back,” She squatted before gripping a handful of Daehyun’s hair, jerking his head up close to her face. Daehyun hissed in pain.

                “But now, because I hate you so much, I’m gonna make you pay. And after this, you would really leave Yongguk forever,” She smirked, tightening her grip.

                Daehyun’s face contorted painfully. But he still scowled at her with menacing eyes. “I can promise you that I won’t.” He insisted through gritted teeth.

                “Urgh! You ing !” Jihyun threw a punch on his face in a blink of an eye, making his head landed harshly onto the floor.

                Daehyun whimpered as he rolled to lie on his side. Before the blowing effect could subside, his hair was pulled again and another hard fist struck his jaw, causing him to spit blood. His head knocked onto the floor once more and this time, Daehyun could feel liquid trickling down his temple. He felt like his brain was going to burst out of his skull. That made him wondered how the heck a woman could have such power to cause the agonizing pain to him.

                His face continued to be abused. Every part of his head was pounding like crazy. Daehyun could barely open his eyes anymore. But he didn’t scream. He wouldn’t scream. So Jihyun was infuriated.

                She stood up, strongly breathing fast and uneven because of the anger surging through her veins. “Yongguk is mine! Nobody can have him except me!” Jihyun’s shriek echoed in the small room while Daehyun was too busy handling his agony to give a proper respond to her.

                “No…” Daehyun rasps. “Yongguk is my…husband…”

                He knew his suffering wouldn’t stop by saying that. But he didn’t expect to be kicked in the stomach. And this wasn’t how he expected it to feel. His eyes bulged, his mouth opened but nothing came out from it. It was too painful, like he was stabbed by a hundred daggers at a same place and they sunk deep into his stomach. His body curled, bringing his knees up to his chest and his hands turned into fists behind him as he still lied on his side. His eyes shut tightly, making the tears spilled from them. He finally let out a loud piercing cry because of the unbearable pain.

                Jihyun laughed in content. Seeing the suffering guy lying helplessly at her feet made herself satisfied. That’s what she wanted from Daehyun; to give in to her. Not finished with her desire, she attacked the same spot again and again using her right foot. Maybe she had gone crazy but she didn’t care anymore.

                Daehyun’s screeches filled the room. “S-St-op…” He croaked desperately but it came out almost inaudible. He thought that he would die because of it. He just couldn’t endure the severe pain anymore.

                Right after he said that, the kicks halted. Although the torturous feeling was still there, Daehyun was grateful that she finally stopped. He wanted to search for her but his sight was darkening. Black spots were appearing here and there until he was totally unconscious.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Yongguk fell into another deep thought after he ended the conversation with Joonmyeon. About the person who knows Daehyun’s married with him, the person who couldn’t accept it; a name crossed his mind. He wasn’t really sure about it because it’s hard to believe that the person would do something like this.

                “Hyung…?”

                Yongguk looked up at his dongsaeng’s questioning face. He sighed heavily. “I think – ”

                His phone rang. The incoming call was from an unknown number. Yongguk glanced at Minsoo who was also as nervous as him. He took the device before answering it hesitantly.

                “Yongguk…?” A guy spoke over the phone.

                So this guy knew his name. Yongguk could sense something fishy about him. “…Yes?”

                “You don’t remember me?”

                Wait, he knew this guy too? Yongguk tried to recall everybody he had met in his life with the exact voice but no one came into his head. “Sorry, but I don’t…”

                “It doesn’t matter but… trust me I have nothing to do with this. It’s all Jihyun’s idea. I just did what she told me to do.”

                Hearing Jihyun’s name had ticked Yongguk off. He’s not wrong to have the idea that the woman was responsible for all of the incidents which happened to Daehyun lately. “What’re you talking about?! What did she told you to do?! Tell me?!” He stood up abruptly, startling Minsoo who was sitting agitatedly beside him.

                “I’m sorry, really sorry…”

                “Just tell me what it is?!” Yongguk stressed. His grasp on the phone tightened like he’s going to crush it into pieces.

                “Your wife…”

                Yongguk’s breath hitched. This guy knew about Daehyun. His Daehyun was with them.

                “She told me to get him to her. That’s all I did. I swear. But Jihyun…”

                Yongguk was praying in his mind. Please tell me Daehyun’s okay. Please, don’t hurt my Daehyun…

                “Look, we didn’t mean to get this far. None of us knew that he’s pregnant…”

 

 

                “…What…?”

 

           

♥♡♥♡♥

 

You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it.

 

 


Super late update coz I'm super busy >.<

Thank you for waiting patiently ^^

And thanks to all upvoters, subscribers, commentors, and readers! I love love love you guys!!! ♥♥♥