Chapter Three

A Change Of Heart

                Since the day the agreement between the two families had been made, Yongguk constantly went back and forth from Seoul to Busan, just to prepare his wedding. He also used the chance to get to know his future partner better like his birthday, blood type, hobbies, and interests. Unknowingly, they had become friends in the process.

                Today, Yongguk would bring Daehyun out to buy a ring. There were two months left before the wedding day. Daehyun had told the other the free time in his schedule so that it was easier for Yongguk to adjust his working time which was also pretty busy. Daehyun got ready and waited for Yongguk to come and pick him. His parents had gone somewhere else and he was home alone.

                After a while, he heard knocks on the door. Daehyun opened it and smiled at the expected visitor. “Annyeong!” He greeted cheerfully.

                “Annyeong!” Yongguk replied with the same tone. “Ready to go?” Daehyun nodded and followed Yongguk to the car.

                After they arrived at a jewelry store, both of them walked together to find the suitable rings for both of them. “How would you like it to be?” Yongguk asked as they looked at the rings behind the glass.

                “I just like it simple,” Daehyun responded.

                “Then, how about this one?” Yongguk pointed to a super simple ring.

                Daehyun took a good look at it. “Nah…it’s too plain,” He shook his head.

                “But I thought you like it simple?” Yongguk raised an eyebrow at the latter.

                “Yes, I do. But that one’s just too simple,” Daehyun said casually before walking further.

                Yongguk tailed behind him. “What about this one?” He pointed to a ring with a small diamond on it.

                Daehyun carefully looked at it. “Should we take it out to see it?”

                Yongguk called the employee to bring it out and gave it to Daehyun. He examined the ring thoroughly from every aspect he could see, even trying it on his finger. “Nu-uh,” He shook his head again. “Not my taste.”

                Yongguk just watched Daehyun put the ring back on the glass before walking away. “Wow, he sure is picky.”

                Almost an hour later, Daehyun was still scanning all the rings in the glass. Yongguk kept giving suggestions on the choice but none of them could satisfy the younger.

                “Daehyun-ah, this is like the third round we take a tour in this shop…” Yongguk spoke up.

“But I can’t find the one that I like,” Daehyun pouted. “Let’s go to another shop,” He said before walking out.

                Yongguk gaped at the other. “Seriously?” He mumbled in disbelief as he followed Daehyun’s trail.

                After both of them reached there, Yongguk sighed heavily. The jewelry shop was bigger than the one before. Daehyun was already proceeded to scrutinize all the shining rings. This time, the elder decided to keep his mouth shut because now he knew Daehyun was indeed adamant and too stubborn to listen to someone else.

                “I wonder how he could agree to this marriage when he’s such a stubborn mule,” Yongguk wondered as Daehyun told the saleslady to bring out a ring for him.

                “Hyung!” Daehyun showed him the ring he was holding with an extremely beaming face.

                “You like that one?” Yongguk moved closer next to the other.

                Daehyun nodded eagerly. “And this one’s for you,” He picked another ring and handed it to Yongguk.

                The rings looked pretty simple. There’s nothing Yongguk wanted to argue with it. Besides, he didn’t want to wait for another hour or go to another shop just to buy the two rings.

                “We’ll take them,” Yongguk informed the saleslady and he almost choked on his spit at the mention of price.

                Yongguk turned to Daehyun but the younger just gave him an innocent look like that ridiculously high price was a normal thing for him. Slowly, Yongguk took out his credit card and purchased those ‘simple’ rings. They were lucky that he was loaded with his architect’s salary. Damn, his taste is high, Yongguk thought.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                As they were walking to find a restaurant for lunch, Daehyun suddenly got a call from someone. He gasped when he saw the caller was Inguk.

                “Why?” Yongguk asked.

                “Oh, nothing,” Daehyun told Yongguk to walk ahead of him. He didn’t tell the other about his boyfriend because he thought there’s no need for him to know. And it’s not like he was meeting with Inguk everyday, moreover after he debuted later.

                Daehyun quickly answered the incoming call. “Hello…?”

                “Daehyun-ah! I miss you!” Inguk shouted through the phone.

                Daehyun was so happy to hear that voice after such a long time. “I miss you too, hyung!” He retorted loudly, but not loud enough for Yongguk to hear.

                “I have good news for you!”

                Daehyun’s happy mood fell a little. “Really? What is it?” He pretended to be interested although he was a little bit upset. His own boyfriend didn’t even ask about how he was being, what he was up to now, who was with him… But maybe the news was too good that he had forgotten about it, Daehyun assumed.

                “I’m going to debut in one month! And I’ll do a showcase another month later!”

                “Really, hyung? Oh my god! Finally! I’m so happy for you!” Daehyun reacted sincerely.

                “Yeah, me too. And for the showcase, I really hope that you can come.”

                “The showcase? It’s in Seoul, right? When is it again?”

                “Of course. I told you, it’s two months later.”

                Daehyun was flustered. Two months later could possibly be his wedding day. How would he suppose to go to the showcase? “Hyung… I…”

                Before he could say his full sentence, Daehyun’s hand was pulled harshly to the side. His phone fell to the ground, breaking apart. “Yongguk hyung! My phone!”

                Yongguk stopped for a moment to pick the pieces of Daehyun’s phone. He then continued to drag the other to hide in a narrow space between two walls of buildings.

                “What was that all about?” Daehyun asked. His wrist was still tightly held by Yongguk.

                “It’s her,” Yongguk answered. “The woman I wanted to avoid.”

                “Your ex?” Daehyun tried to peek out but Yongguk hold him.

                “Don’t do that. She’ll notice both of us,” Yongguk pulled back his head by putting his palm on Daehyun’s cheek.

                Daehyun looked up at him. “I thought she had moved to Seoul?”

                “I thought so too,” Yongguk frowned. “Maybe she doesn’t move yet,” He added while shrugging his shoulders.

                And there was nothing left to say. Both of them just stand there while waiting for Jihyun to go away. Only then Yongguk realized that his hand was still plastered on Daehyun’s cheek. Awkwardly, he retracted his hand, his eyes darted somewhere else.

                By Yongguk’s action, Daehyun too just realized that they were in fact standing too close now. Their body almost pressed together and Daehyun had to stand straight and flat to the wall so that their bodies didn’t make any contact. His eyes were kept downcast all the time.

                “Y-Your phone…” Yongguk handed him the device after putting back the pieces together.

                Daehyun slowly took the phone. He was sure Inguk was confused about the sudden disconnection. Maybe his boyfriend was trying to call him again right now. But he couldn’t confirm it because the phone was not yet. And even if the phone did , and Inguk was indeed calling him, he definitely wouldn’t answer it in front of Yongguk, in their current awkward situation.

                However, only by being in this state, Daehyun could notice that the latter was quite tall and sturdy. His tan skin of his neck seemed so smooth and Yongguk’s wide neck shirt revealed his y collarbone. Daehyun gulped down his saliva before letting his eyes travelled to Yongguk’s broad chest and torso. He was one thousand percent sure there was a six pack abs underneath the shirt. Blush crept to his face, making him shook his head to get rid of the ert thoughts. He couldn’t help it since this was the first time he was this close to another guy since Inguk left him to go to Seoul.

                Yongguk on the other hand just kept looking upwards without having any idea about what Daehyun was up to. After quite a while, he took a look at the previous place Jihyun was at. “I think she’s gone now…” He turned to Daehyun who was still looking down and… was he getting redder…? Yongguk was not sure but the sight was really cute for him.

                “Don’t you want to get out of here?” He asked, lowering his head so that he could see the other’s face.

                Daehyun was surprised to find Yongguk’s face so close to him. “O-Oh? Y-Yes, let’s go,” He said before walking out of the narrow space.

                Yongguk observed Daehyun hastily making his way to the pavement. He involuntarily let out a small laugh. “Daehyun-ah, it’s this way.”

                Daehyun turned around and walked passed him. He did not bother to look up because he knew he was blushing real hard right now.

                “You’re really something, Daehyun-ah,” Yongguk mumbled with a smile before following Daehyun’s step.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

 

 


 

ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL WEEKLY IDOL GAVE ME SO MUCH FEELS I FEEL LIKE PUNCHING DAEHYUN IN THE FACE AND HAVE YONGGUK TO PUNCH ME BACK BEFORE KISSING HIS CRYING BABY I CANT o(╥﹏╥)o

2014 will be the rise of bangdae