Chapter One

A Change Of Heart

             Yongguk sighed heavily as he stepped out of the car. He had been avoiding going to Busan for almost a year but his work required him to have an outstation here. And his parents were really desperate to tag along because they wanted to meet their old friends when they were still staying in Busan long ago.

                Yongguk slowly made his way into a coffee shop. He had dropped his parents earlier at their friends’ house. He was waiting patiently in a line until a familiar voice called his name.

                “Yongguk? Is that you?”

                Yongguk turned around and he was correct. This was why his heart felt so heavy before coming here. It was the girl he hated so much.

                “What do you want?” He hissed.

                “Yongguk, I miss you,” Jihyun grabbed Yongguk’s arm with pleading eyes.

                “Get away from me,” Yongguk pulled his arm away. “We have nothing to do with each other anymore.”

                “Yongguk, please. I’m sorry. I still love you,” She said, almost breaking into tears.

                Yongguk scoffed. “If you truly love me, you wouldn’t have done that in the first place,”

                “But I said I’m sorry,” Jihyun tried to hold the man again but Yongguk was fast to back away. He gave her a sarcastic smile while shaking his head before leaving the shop.

                Jihyun scowled although she stayed in her place as he watched Yongguk walked away from her. “I’m moving to Seoul! I’ll make you to fall in love with me again!”

                Yongguk stopped in his tracks when he heard the threat. Yes, he considered it as a threat because there was no way he would fall in love with her again. He knew Jihyun was smirking behind his back. He didn’t even have to turn around. Yongguk pulled a deep breath before continued to walk out the door.

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

            “Yongguk, are you okay?” His mother asked as she noticed his son was in a dark mood during their dinner at a restaurant.

                Truthfully, Yongguk was still perplexed about his meeting with Jihyun just now. He was thinking on how to get rid of the woman from his life. After so much brainstorming, he could only come out with the most relevant idea for him.

                “Mom, I want to get married,” Yongguk blurted out suddenly.

             His parents stopped eating. “Why out of a sudden?” Mrs. Bang asked. “I don’t know you have a lover.”

                “I don’t. That’s why I want you to find me my future partner,” Yongguk uttered his second request.

                “Are you serious?” Mr. Bang leaned his body a little bit forward.

Yongguk nodded. “Yes.”

                “Actually, I think I know someone who’s perfect for you,” His mother said with a wide smile.

                “You mean Jung’s son?” Mr. Bang looked at his wife with a sly smile like he knew what it meant by her.

                Mrs. Bang nodded eagerly before turning back to his son. “We just met him today at Mr. Jung’s house. He has grown so much from the last time we saw him. He’s good-looking and cute. And he’s polite too. I bet you’re going to like him,” She said full of excitement.

                Yongguk just shrugged his shoulders. “I’ll agree with anything, mom.”

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

                Daehyun was speechless to know that he needed to get married with someone who was known to be the son of his parents’ friends. His mom and dad didn’t even hear his opinion about it. They just agreed with the other side without asking much.

                “B-But I don’t know him,” Daehyun said to object the arranged marriage.

                “You can get to know him later,” His dad replied.

                “B-But I…”

                “Daehyun, we know this is so sudden for you. But don’t worry. We won’t rush things. We can give you some time to know each other,” His mom patted his back.

                “But why?” Yeah, there were a lot of ‘buts’ in Daehyun’s mind right now.

                “Because…” His dad inhaled deeply before continuing. “Mr. Bang is very close to us. I’ve known him since we’re in middle school. We’ve done lots of things to help each other. That’s why we still keep in touch although they have moved to Seoul. I believe his son is as great as his father. And when they said they’re interested to make you their son-in-law, there’s no reason for me to reject it.”

                Daehyun was slack-jawed hearing his dad’s explanation. He really wanted to tell them that he already had a boyfriend. Only now that he regretted when he didn’t tell them earlier about it because he was still in middle school back then. And he managed to keep it as a secret until now. Maybe he needed to talk to Inguk about this. But how?

 

♥♡♥♡♥

 

Everything happens for a reason.

 

 

 


Don't ask me why did Bang's parents want a son-in-law, but not a daughter-in-law, and why did Dae's parents agreed so easily XD

Maybe they're BangDae shippers too asdfghjkl

I have some free time right now and decide to update this :D

Lots of thanks to those who upvotes, subscribes, and comments! ^^