Chapter 09

Please, Come Back to Hyungs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Maknae-ah…”

Seungri looked away from the window to look at his hyung who sat in front of him. As usual, he was sitting by the corner table while his hyung was working. His brother seemed hesitant to say something to him which made him curious.

“Hm… Hyung is thinking to apply school for you. What do you think?”

Seungri eyes went wide as he reacted badly at the news. School…? There would be a lot of students there. No, no, no, he couldn’t handle that… He wouldn’t be able to handle that.

“It’s alright, it’s alright if you aren’t ready yet. Hyung won’t force you.” SeungHyun hurriedly calmed down his baby brother seeing from the bad reaction he got. “Hyung just want you to have something to do rather than sitting here all day waiting for me. Don’t you miss going to school, maknae? You always love to go to school and make friends, don’t you?” SeungHyun chuckled, remembering how cheerful his maknae used to be; always nagging and telling him how his school days went by; how many friends he had. SeungHyun misses that Seungri; the annoying and loud maknae.

Seungri looked away from his hyung, feeling guilty. He knew his hyung meant good for him; maybe if the past him would definitely jump into the decision and be like winning champion or something. But right now, it’s all like a dream he would never reach again. He hated himself for being like this. He hated himself for being a burden to his brother. He hated himself to disappoint his hyung.

“It’s alright, maknae. Hyung won’t force you. Hyung understand.” SeungHyun smiled before getting up when some customers walked in. “I will be back.”

 

The grandfather saw the sadness and disappoint look on SeungHyun face as he walked away from the table.

“SeungHyun, don’t you think it’s better for Seungri to go to school? He’s still in the age of going to school. If you worry about the fee, don’t worry, grandpa will cover it for you.”

“I… uh… I don’t know if…”

The grandfather sighed and cut him, “I understand what really concern you, SeungHyun. But have you ever thought maybe by letting him back to school to be around people can help him heal himself faster?”

SeungHyun was shocked to hear what the grandfather said; the older man seemed to know the condition of Seungri. He couldn’t know, could he?

“I used to work in police force of Crime Department.” the grandfather explanation answered SeungHyun doubt. The boy sighed as he guessed the older man probably had figured all out. And he couldn’t be truer when the grandfather continued, “And yes, I have figured out since the first day you’re here. Truthfully, the reason I let your brother sit in the coffee shop all day is to let him adapt around people. But seems like, he hasn’t been able to let go of his fear, not even around me and YongBae, and it has been two weeks.”

“I know you’re worried for your brother, but you can’t let him sink deeper in his fear. You have to push h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter