Testing Waters 07

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is where all our hopes and dreams are.

 

Baekhyun walked casually into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator searching for edible food. Spotting his favourite packet of milk sitting in the empty fridge, his eyes immediately had a bright twinkle in them.
 

“I love this brand of milk the best.” he mused, onto the plastic straw deliciously. It was the first time he's been here though they've lived beside this empty dorm for a good few years. The dorm was spotless clean with everything from the books to the cushions on the couch and even the cups placed on the kitchen counter were arranged neatly.


Chanyeol was fiddling with one of the English books on the bookshelf and a quick finger swiped across them to find no dust sticking onto it. “We should hire her as a cleaning maid. Our dorm is always messy.” 


Baekhyun glared angrily at Chanyeol, reminded of their dirty dorm with worn uniforms strewn on the floor and smelly socks hanging on the shelves. He tried to clean up every week, he did. But that was years ago because some things never change. “That’s because you’re always leaving your stuff everywhere you go!”


“I don’t do that!” 


“Yes you d-“


“Excuse me, what are you holding in your hands Mr Byun Baek Hyun? And why are the two of you in my room?”


Jiyoon's hands were on her hips demanding an explanation. She got changed into casual clothes as soon as she returned to the dorm with Chen and Lay. And all of a sudden, she heard shuffling footsteps and loud voices coming from her living room. Stepping out of her room to take a look, she was taken in for surprise to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol in her dormitory. Being caught in crime, they held two hands up in surrender.


“Kyungsoo asked us to hurry you. Food’s ready.”


Jiyoon raised a suspicious eyebrow, still not satisfied with their answer.


“By asking her, he meant knocking on the door right?” Chanyeol questioned innocently.


“Oh right!" Baekhyun pointed to the secret passage with a cheeky grin. "Well I thought this trap door here would be faster and much more convenient.” 


“And the milk?” Jiyoon's eyes averted to Baekhyun's stained white lips and the crushed milk packet on her kitchen counter.


“Kyungsoo forgot to buy them this week,” Baekhyun pouted, “Would you let oppa have just a packet?”


"He really has to stop doing that." Jiyoon sighed in defeat, mentally smacking herself for softening at Baekhyun's aegyo. Though he was the older one, or so he claimed, he never acted like one. His small eyes and cheerful character didn't help at all because it just made him look more like an adorable puppy waiting to be loved by people around him.


“Arraso, arraso, just drink it.” 


“I’m hungry. Let’s go already.” Chanyeol stepped back across the bookcase into his room. Baekhyun shortly followed and Jiyoon came right after them.


Jiyoon chuckled at the lively atmosphere in the dorm. Stepping into room, she could already hear the boys’ loud chatter in the living room. She saw Sehun and Kai playing League of Legends in one of the rooms while Luhan and Kris satat the edge of the sofa chanting, “Goal, goal, goal” and Xiumin lying his head on Tao’s shoulder. Both of them had their eyelids half closed, bored of watching the soccer game.


“Jiyoon ah~” Kyungsoo shouted from the kitchen.


“Neh!” She answered at the call of her name.


Hearing her name, the rest of the guys turned to look at her.


“Oh! Jiyoon ah, you’re here! Wanna watch the soccer game with us?” Excited, Luhan patted the seat next to him.


Jiyoon shook her head, refusing the offer. "I don't really fancy soccer."


Honestly, she never understood why a bunch of people would go crazy looking at 24 people chasing after a single ball. Well, it's just a ball.


“YES! MY TEAM SCORED! HAHAHA!” Kris clapped his hands in delight and did a small dance around the room. "Pay up! Pay up!"


“ARGH! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!” Luhan buried his face deep into his hands.


“Told you so…” Xiumin snuggled up closer to Tao who was fast asleep.


Jiyoon laughed heartily at the sight of them but it felt as if the laughter was drained out of her body after seeing a particular person step out of the gaming room. His gaze was stuck onto her like glue and it made her gulp in fear. Sehun's eyes bored holes into Jiyoon's cheek and he subtly let out a sigh of relief when he saw that it wasn't as red as it was in the morning.


“Hyung, you called for me?”


“Yeah, help me serve this on the table.” Kyungsoo handed the pot of soup to Sehun.


“Aish hyung!" Sehun grumbled unhappily, unwilling to receive the steaming hot pot. "I thought it was something serious!"


“It is something serious when your dinner is at stake.” Kyungsoo threatened.


“Fine.” Sehun wasn't going to let his precious dinner taken away from him and abide obediently to his request. Jiyoon on the other hand was still standing in the living room awkwardly.


“Uhm, hey." she fiddled for a while with the ointment before extending her arms to Sehun. "Thanks."


"I-" The words were stuck in his throat and Sehun grew flustered with Jiyoon's unexpected conversation, especially when she never once initiated one with him. Not that he wanted to talk to her but, normal girls would chatter non-stop in class if they sat next to him.


“Yah! We’re losing!" Kai poked his head out of the room searching for Sehun. "Come back here quick!” 


Sehun cleared his throat, shrugging, “I don’t need it. Keep it or throw it away.”


The warmth of the ointment started to spread in her palms, thinking that just maybe, this guy wasn't as cold as he appeared to be.
 

“Kyungsoo, do you need help?”


"Yeah well if you don't mind..." Kyungsoo held out a pot of steaming hot soup, "Please?"

 


 

Dinner was served quickly and just like the first time, the boys came rushing over to the table. Though it wasn't the first time Jiyoon witnessed such a scene, it was still funny to watch. The rest of the boys sat impatiently at the table and Jiyoon was sandwiched between Kyungsoo and Xiumin. Fidgeting uncomfortably, Xiumin eyed the clock.
 

"The maknaes always make us wait."


"At least we won," Kai shrugged, coming out from the gaming room. Strutting after him was Sehun who avoided eye contact with Jiyoon.


"Let's eat the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter