Chinese Whispers 02

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some of the best things in life can only be felt by the heart.

 

"No." Jiyoon slapped the book she was reading on her thighs, refusing to look at Baekhyun. He had been pestering her the entire afternoon pacing up and down by her side while she was trying to concentrate on her book that she was three-quarter through.


"Why?!" he wailed, stomping his feet childishly. "Who's going to cook for you, play games with you, talk to-"


"I can manage myself." Jiyoon brushed him off casually, trying to focus on her book again.


"But you'll be alone and I don't want Jiyoonie to be alone." Baekhyun pouted, hoping that it would make Jiyoon change her mind.


"More like you'd be alone without her." Luhan grinned, looping his arm around Baekhyun's neck. "Who's the one always shouting for Jiyoon nowadays?"


Baekhyun kicked Kyungsoo's legs under the table in his last attempt and he glared at Baekhyun who caused him to make a mistake on his history essay.


"You'll have fun there." he tried unconvincingly, his scribbling never stopped.


"Oppa..." it was a ritual of theirs, or so she heard from Lay. The summer and winter breaks were always spent at someone's house because according to them, the dorm was very boring. So here was Baekhyun begging and pleading for her to come along with them.


"You said you wanted me to tutor you?" a voice spoke from behind that Jiyoon could recognise anywhere even if she went deaf.


A shadow loomed over her head and she turned around slowly to see Sehun with a sick smile on his lips, the kind of smile that Jiyoon was sure he was up to no good.


By the time they arrived, it was already 4 in the afternoon. The sun shone brightly above them and Jiyoon was hesitant to leave the air conditioned van. It was a huge mansion in Incheon that overlooked the beach, an hour's ride from Seoul. Tao told Jiyoon that it was a vacation house for the Parks before they left but when she skipped off the large black van, dragging her duffel bag behind her with reluctance, she felt her knees go wobbly. It was to the least of her expectations for the house to be so grand because because it was supposed to be a villa which she presumed to be like the ones when they had their school trip. 


But this was on an entire different level.
 

A soft wow escaped her lips as she glanced up the majestic building, counting silently to herself that it was six storeys high. The mansion itself already looked extremely intimidating but when Kyungsoo tapped her on the shoulder, she spun around to see a formal formal French garden complete with fountains and statues of mythical beings and the house was similar to the EXO High, english influenced. 


"Welcome back, young master Park." the 20 butlers and maids lined up on the cobbled driveway chorused neatly, heads bent down in respect to welcome their young master and his friends.


"Where's Mr Kim?" Chanyeol shot at one of the butlers who straightened up his back immediately and Jiyoon found it strange how each and every of them had a daisy flower pin on their uniforms.


"T-the s-study room."
 

If their vacation home was already this extravagant... Jiyoon gulped, their real home must be unimaginable. She side-glanced Chanyeol who was squabbling with Baekhyun, just how wealthy was their family? There was a small marble fountain right next to their van and Jiyoon could see the bushes lining up the driveway were trimmed into life-size figures of what she could make out to be Chanyeol with his two parents.


Talk about narcissism.


Come on, princess." Chanyeol beamed happily, gave her a soft nudge on her back to get her moving along. "Who would've known our maknae was the only one who could get you out of the dorm."


Jiyoon scowled unhappily, still upset about being cheated over by Sehun who promised to tutor her if she came. But the thing was when he loaded his tiny backpack into the van, she couldn't see any books in sight.


"I should've known better than to trust that brat."


Two maids opened the solid walnut doors to reveal an equally grand interior. The first object her eyes laid on was the gigantic portrait hung on the white-washed walls, it was Chanyeol and his father who was a stern-looking male with graying hair and his mother whom Chanyeol resembled.


"That's a nice family of three."
 

"It's not-" she didn't give Chanyeol time to reply her and started running to the glass piano in the middle of the room. It was gorgeous and she couldn't help but run her fingers along the piano keys.


"You play the piano?"


"It's just an ornament." Chanyeol threw his bag lazily on the couch which was quickly removed by one of the maids and brought upstairs. They were like shadows which following them everywhere but remained out of sight, appearing when needed.


Jiyoon walked gingerly to the open-space kitchen only to find Kyungsoo's jet-black hair disappearing into the middle of the floor. Cold air hit her face when she walked closer to inspect what exactly was going on and it was actually a refrigerator in the basement filled to the brim with fresh meat, vegetables and diary products. From atop, Jiyoon could tell that Kyungsoo was very excited, moving around the room and picked random exotic meat and vegetables off the shelves.


"Hyung! Take a break and let the chef cook!" Chanyeol hollered from the living room, knowing that Kyungsoo must be in the kitchen. "I've had enough of your cooking!"


"I second that!" Luhan shouted, his entire upper body dangling onto the stairway railings.


"Third!" another voice screamed.


"Geez." Kyungsoo came up from the spiral staircase reluctantly, "They're an ungrateful bunch."


Jiyoon trod on the cold marble floor and went up the spiral staircase, hands gliding across the iron railings with unique baroque designs. The first room on the second floor was a home theater which fit 20. A video was playing inside and Jiyoon poked her head through to find Sehun and Kai playing their dance routine videos. She escaped the room before they noticed her and headed for the second one which was an empty bedroom and seeing that there was nothing in particular that she liked and the boys weren't on this floor, she went up to the third and let out a sharp gasp.


It felt like she entered another world and the entire floor was an exquisite piece of art on its own, with old school vintage colors and a woody brown she loved. It was a library on its own with books filling up each and every shelves endlessly. 


"Gosh," she tingled with excitement at the vast amount of books and the sweet smell of vanilla flowers.


"Amazing right?" Suho titled his head out of the shelves, knowing someone came upstairs. He felt right at home with books and being away from the noisy kids for a while was a good idea. "The rooms are upstairs.'


Following Suho's guide, Jiyoon went a floor above and finally saw rooms. Hearing noise from one of the rooms, she leaned in to find Xiumin and Baekhyun lying comfortably on the king-sized bed playing games.


"." Xiumin cursed as he swerved, hitting another car on his phone. 


Baekhyun smirked triumphantly, he was leading by a lot. "You're losing~~"


Seeing a shadow move at the door, Baekhyun quickly glanced up to see Jiyoon standing by the door. "Jiyoonie, wanna play?"


Jiyoon shook her head, car racing wasn't her thing and left the room and went upstairs. There were 5 rooms on the 4th floor, 4 on the 5th floor and 3 on the highest one, the rooms Jiyoon realised were getting bigger and bigger. As she heaved a sigh of relief after climbing six flights of stairs, she bowed politely to one of the maids carrying a laundry basket down the stairs. They must work very hard to earn a living.


"Miss Moon." the young maid called out and before Jiyoon could ask her to wait, she already scurried down the staircase.


How did she know her name?


"Must be something mandatory." Jiyoon shrugged as she walked past one of the rooms. There was an enormous 82 inch TV right in front of the bed and Chanyeol's smiling face was blown up, hanging on the wall behind. Uninterested in the boy's room, she moved on to the second room which had its' door shut. Strange, because all of the rooms she visited had their doors open. Just as she was about to reach a hand to twist the doorknob, a large hand flew above her and stopped her in the act.


"Chanyeol oppa?"


"I'll show you to your room." Chanyeol said and tugged her by the wrist this time to the third room. It was the same size as Chanyeol's and the only difference was its' mint green wallpaper. Jiyoon entered the room cautiously, setting her duffel bag on the bed. Everything looked so expensive and she wondered how much would it cost if she even breaks a mirror or the flower vase by the window here. Heading straight for the window, her fingers grazed on the rose petals softly. The bouquet was fresh and smelled heavenly.


Peering down from the windows, she saw Luhan, Chen and Lay swimming lazily in the swimming pool. They were equipped with water guns. splashing water at one another childishly. Sitting under the shade was Kris who had sunglasses on, reluctant to play with the kids.


It wasn't his style.


"You like it?"


"Yeah!" Jiyoon replied too quickly, but it was because she was excited, finally catching on that summer break was here.


"Wait-" Jiyoon furrowed her eyebrows, "I think I heard a bell."


Chanyeol only his lips, "That means dinner."

 

"You're supposed to put the food in your mouth, not stare at it." 


Jiyoon was gawking at the long dining table with delicacies lined neatly. It was a full eight course meal and even before the main dish was served. she was filled up by the appetizers. She stared at the steak on her bone china plate, unsure of what to do. It wasn't rowdy like how it'd usually be back at the dorms. Everyone was silently savoring the food and only the sounds of cutlery hitting the plates could be heard. Jiyoon knew she should take a bite but the 4 courses in front was really enough.


"I'm going to eat it at the count of 3." Chanyeol threatened playfully. Jiyoon was surprise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter