Queer as Folk 05

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kids these days, they think it's a competition to have the most friends. 
But a few unique ones are enough.
 


“Oppa!” Jiyoon giggled, waving enthusiastically to Kai who had his forehead wrinkled, sharp eyes following every shadow that moved in the waters.
 

After the sumptuous breakfast Kyungsoo whipped up, the students gathered and headed to a nearby cliff. The rock pillars of different shapes and sizes bore Jiyoon to death and she didn’t catch what the guide was introducing at all. Although she felt slightly guilty for not paying attention, she certainly wasn't interested in some rocks. Thereafter, they headed to a nearby river where the guide taught them to catch fish like the locals using sharp pointed sticks.


“Jiyoon ah!” Kai stepped back, flustered. “Did you catch it with your bare hands?”
 

“Isn’t this a beauty?” she nodded excitedly as she raised the fish high up, examining the bright colorful scales shining under the sunlight.  Getting sick of using the stick to poke around for fish after 15 minutes and catching nothing, she decided to get down to some serious work and used her bare hands instead. Flipping dangerously in her hands was a large herring. 


“Told you she’s born wild.” Sehun sniggered.


"Oppa~" Bent on taking revenge, Jiyoon approached Sehun, “Can you hold this for a moment?” she pushed the fish into Sehun’s arms before he could say no.


“Get this dirty thing off me!” Sehun shouted, holding the fish as far away from him as he could, “It’s disgusting!”


“Then don’t eat it later.” Kyungsoo grabbed the fish from Sehun, dropping it into the pail he was carrying.


Sehun scanned the crowd for Jiyoon, palms fisted. He wasn’t the kind of guy to be bullied by a girl, especially not her. Spotting her in a corner talking to Luhan, he grinned. Sehun wade closer to her and splashed her on the back.


“Yah!” Jiyoon screamed at the cold touch of water on her skin, thinking who would be so childish.
 

“That teaches you not to play with me.” Sehun had two hands on his hips feeling triumphant. “Revenge is sweet.”


“You!” she wasn't one to lose out and scooped water into her palms, splashing Sehun much harder than he did. Water dripped from his hair down to his face and he was drenched from head to toe.


“Oops!-” she knew Sehun wasn’t going to let things slide easily. Grabbing Luhan, Jiyoon hid behind his back pleading, “Help me.”


“Sehun.” Luhan warned in the fiercest tone he could.


“Hyung!” Sehun gritted his teeth and his hands were ready in water just like Luhan. “Don’t force me.”


“Oh no you don’t want to for-“ before Luhan could finish his sentence, he was splashed on the face by Sehun.


“Told ya.” Sehun shrugged.


“Oh Sehun!” Luhan yelled, splashing Sehun back. Sehun smirked, he had nothing to lose since he was already wet head down.


“Moon Jiyoon, come out!” Sehun shouted impatiently at the girl who was still hiding behind Luhan in fear.


“I’ll count to 3.”


“1…”


“2…” he counted.


He was getting impatient, “2 and a half…”


“Enough, Sehun.” Luhan scowled.


“Still waiting…”


“Fine, fine.” She knew if things go on, he would probably drag her from behind Luhan who was much shorter than he was. Moving from behind Luhan, Jiyoon faced Sehun.


“Good girl.” Evil was written all over Sehun’s face and Jiyoon closed her eyes anticipating the blow on her face.


“What are you guys doi-“


Tiny water droplets flicked onto her face but there wasn’t any major impact. She could hear the splash of water hitting another surface. Opening her eyes, she saw Suho standing in front of her.


“Hyung...” Sehun took a step back from Suho who came in between the two of you at the wrong moment, “I can explain this.”


“Oh Sehun!” Suho swung his hair, flicking the water droplets off. “Yah! Don’t run!”


Terrified of the school president, Sehun abandoned his initial plan and instead, went into hiding.


“That was close.” He sat down panting beside Kyungsoo who was sitting on the bank watching them all this time.


“You are laughing more these days.” Kyungsoo handed him a towel. It was rare to see Sehun getting along with people so well apart from the boys.


Kyungsoo recalled the first time he was introduced to the boys a year ago; Sehun was the most hostile, refusing to speak a single word to him. It was only after a year of living together and small talks that Sehun finally opened up. Kyungsoo thinks the acceptance was because of his delicious food that gave him plus points. But it wasn't really the truth, it was because they no longer had to take-out with Kyungsoo around since no one in the dorm bothered to cook.
 

“Hmm?” Sehun did not catch what he said.


“Nothing. Want to help me carry the pail?”


“No."
 


“Aren’t you excited for the night walk tonight?” Baekhyun plopped down beside Jiyoon on the sofa. His entire body tingling with excitement and there was no way he could sit still.


“Uhm..”


“Why? Are you scared?” Baekhyun scooted closer to her, “You know this place used to be where the J-“


Kris cupped a hand over Baekhyun’s mouth. “I can grant your dying wish today.”


“Mhpm!” Baekhyun’s voice was muffled.


Jiyoon felt jittery as chills ran down her spine. “Used to be what?”


“Nothing.” Kris smiled, “It’s going to be fun.”


“Yeah, fun.” she muttered bitterly. The last time she went for a night walk was in middle school. The guy who was paired up with her freaked out and fainted even before the night walk commenced and she had to go through it alone. Since then, she was traumatized and it certainly wasn’t her definition of 'fun'.


“Who are you going to pair up with?” Chen asked.


Prying out of Kris’s grasp, Baekhyun shot a hand up, “ME!”


“Right.” Jiyoon laughed, “The last time I heard, someone almost peed in his pants.”


Chen threw his head back in laughter, “You knew that?” He could clearly remember the previous year where Baekhyun tried to act like a daredevil and ended up running all the way back from the walk screaming.


“It’s a test of courage,” Suho laughed, joining the conversation. “Apparently someone isn’t courageous enough.”


Baekhyun frowned, his ears reddening, “Stop talking about it, it’s embarrassing!”


Kyungsoo who was sprawled on the floor busy writing his new recipe tilted his head, “Go with me. I can protect you.”


“You’re weak,” Tao pointed, “I’m the only one who can protect her.”


“Says the villain~” Chen sang.


“Aren’t we supposed to get going?” Luhan took a look at his watch, “We’re going to be late.”


Jiyoon dragged her feet on the pavement in deep thoughts. She was walking exceptionally slow today, dreading the night walk.


“So… who are you going to be pair up with?” Xiumin paused in motion, waiting for her to catch up.


“Mhm..” she thought for a moment but nothing found its way into her brain.


“Me?” Xiumin pointed to himself cheekily.


“No,” she laughed and straightened her face. “I’m going alone.”


Xiumin’s jaw dropped, “No way, you’re kidding me.”


She stuck out a tongue, “Of course I am.”


"Look at the new kid, she’s always hanging out with the boys.” A girl pointed, seeing Jiyoon standing so close to them. Baekhyun was playing with her hair while she was trying to talk to Xiumin, earning a smack on his back by her.


“She’s not scared of the consequences huh?” Her friend cracked her knuckles. She wanted so badly to throw a punch on her face.


“Omo! Sehun’s walking over!” the girls squealed in delight as they caught sight of the rainbow-hair boy.


From a distance, Sehun who was struggling with 4 mineral water bottles walked through the crowd. And apparen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter