Chinese Whispers 05

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You say to yourself, "I don't like him".
And that's the beginning.


 

"Yah Moon Jiyoon." Rina waved her hands at Jiyoon who was standing in the middle of the room, with a dazed expression. She pouted angrily at the lack of attention, jabbing a finger into Jiyoon's sides which made her jump in surprise.


"Hey, why did you do that for?"


"You weren't listening!" Rina balled an angry fist at Jiyoon. She had enough of her inattentiveness after being at the boutique for almost 2 hours and getting absolutely nothing for the ball because all the comments Jiyoon gave was:


"Oh."


"That's cool."


"Nice."


"Looks okay."


"Why are you so weird after coming back from Sehun's house? Did something happen there? Did something happen to D.O oppa?" Rina said the last sentence carefully, and Jiyoon was surprised that she even knew that they came back from Sehun's house which was less than 5 minutes from the school actually.


Either way, it was weirder when Rina came knocking on her dorm door asking to go shopping the next day for the ball, the moment Jiyoon plopped onto her bed yesterday. A shiver ran down her spine because if she remembered correctly, Mr Ahn said this floor was only by card access so unless Rina had a card...


Rina (noun)
[ree-nuh]; professional stalker


"N-nothing happened."


When in fact, Jiyoon's thoughts were still on Sehun's strange behaviour, OCD and the room filled with rows after rows of professional computers and strange digits jumping up and down the graphs.


"Does this look good?" Rina spun around in her pastel pink lace dress that went right above her knees. "No actually, will D.O oppa like it?"


"Mhm..." It was the fifth skirt she put on and frankly speaking, Jiyoon was rather tired of judging the dresses because all the ones she picked either look too cutesy or sweet which Jiyoon was sure Kyungsoo wouldn't like.


"Why do you call Kyungsoo, D.O anyway?" Jiyoon questioned, it was an interesting topic she hadn't got to ask Rina yet and on this rare day when Junhee wasn't by Rina's side, she needed to get it off her chest.


"That's why Sehun always calls you stupid." Rina rolled her eyes at Jiyoon's sudden change of topic and sat down heavily on the comfortable floral armchair. It was a Monday morning and they were the only customers. As long as Rina got what she wanted, it didn't really matter how long they spent at the shop to pick the dresses.
 

Jiyoon felt herself going red in the face that even Rina knows what Sehun calls her all the time. Well yeah, it was an affirmed fact that Rina was a stalker and there wasn't anything she didn't know but still-


"Unnie, are you really curious?" Rina's eyes gleamed with excitement despite calling Jiyoon stupid. It was the first time she was going to share this romantic story one-sided crush with someone else other than Junhee because she was too shy she didn't have anyone else to talk to. Jiyoon was a girl so she'd understand and she promised not to steal her D.O oppa. 


"He used to deliver milk to my house."


"Deliver milk- milkboy?" 


"Yeah." Rina nodded her head vigorously at the memory as fresh as yesterday. She remembered every detail about the boy, a year older than she was who started delivering milk to her house ever since he was 12. Rina knew him, yet he never saw her who hid behind the high walls of her residence, high up in her room. She recalled the days of waking up at 6 am in the morning without fail to watch him from her window, cycling on his bicycle with cartons full of milk bottles behind him. He'd set a carton on the dry pavement, knock twice and peddled away to the next house.


It was love at first sight.


Every meeting was brief, but enough for Rina to capture his child-like features, those large owl eyes and soft heart-shaped lips that she'd love to trace her fingers over. How he'd pant slightly from the weight behind him and that silver bracelet clasped tightly around his right wrist. Oh yes, the bracelet.
 

"D.O...." Rina muttered under her breath, it was unmistakably the silver bracelet that she saw on the boy when she used her binoculars to scrutinize his features.


"Did you by any chance see a silver bracelet with the carvings D.O on it? It's very important to me so-" Kyungsoo held his breath when he saw his precious bracelet in the girl's hands.


Rina was surprised to see D.O standing in front of her, a head taller than she was. And he was smiling. It was the very first time she ever saw him smile when he was here to deliver milk and it was so beautifully breathtaking that she wished she could see that smile every single day. Quickly recovering from her shock, she stuttered. "M-my n-name is R..."


Not waiting for her to finish speaking, Kyungsoo snatched the bracelet from her hands and bowed, leaving for his next destination, "Thank you, have a good day!"

 

"I didn't know he was a milkboy-"


"There's so many things you don't know." Rina crossed her legs, sipping slowly on her black tea. "You're ignorant."


"I-ignorant?" Jiyoon gasped in horror. "D-did you just call me ignorant?"


"I doubt you have any brains at all." Rina continued calmly before breaking out into fits of laughter that earned weird stares from the attendants. "I sound like Sehun don't I?"


It irked Jiyoon that Rina was a brat, impolite and rude; and maybe she detested Rina a teeny weeny bit more than Sehun actually.


And who was she to call Sehun, Sehun when he was a year older than she was? 


"I'm sure Kyungsoo will love that pink dress." Jiyoon chuckled evilly in revenge. "He'd definitely love it."


"Really?" she stood up and raced to the fitting room. "I'll get this then."


"What about you, Jiyo-" Rina paused, reminded of Kyungsoo's words. He hated it when Rina didn't have any respect for Jiyoon so-


"Unnie."


"Huh? I'm not getting anything. I'm not going to the ball."


"Who said so?!" Rina shrieked in horror, from the fitting room. "You can't just not go to the ball, it's important!"


"I mea-"


"I'll just ask one of my attendants to pick one out for you tomorrow." she came out of the fitting room in a normal flowery white dress and tugged at Jiyoon's sleeve. "Let's go, we still have accessories to look at and macarons to eat!"


"But-" Jiyoon looked around the boutique, bringing their conversation to a hushed whisper. "You haven't paid yet."


"Pay?" Rina laughed, that was the reason why she said Jiyoon was gullible.


"This is my boutique."


"Sehunnie! Your suit is here!" Mdm Ha, his housekeeper knocked twice on his door rapidly, only to find a grumpy Sehun opening the door. He grabbed the suit and slammed the door in her face, to which Mdm Ha only smiled motherly.


"Sehunnie must be in a bad mood neh? Are the stocks going well-"


The door swung open again, only that Sehun appeared this time round with disheveled hair which he obviously pulled at in frustration. "Stop. Calling. Me. Sehunnie, for the last time Mdm Ha."


"Alright Sehunnie, I made high tea and you can come down whenever. Just give me a call if there's something you need!" Mdm Ha chuckled cheerily and headed down the stairs with unstable footsteps. "Enjoy the ball tonight!"


"Ugh, that woman is unbelievable. She needs a paycut to teach her a lesson." Sehun muttered mindlessly to himself. He was obviously in a very bad mood. You see, he was quite busy last night buying and selling stocks repetitively not only for his clients but himself as well. And if staying up that late wasn't tiring, he didn't know what was.  Frankly speaking he never told any of the boys about his parents, or the investments and stocks he was involved in. 


Except for Chen who was an exceptional case. If Sehun had a gun, the first one he'd shoot will be Chen, followed by Jiyoon.


"Perfect." Sehun buttoned up the top button of his white suit and wore his matching black suit. Tidying the cuff links, he looked at himself in the mirror. It all looked good to him; black and white was after the best coordination he could think of - in fact he didn't have to waste any time thinking at all, which was why he loved formal events like this most. He ran a finger, tousling his rainbow hair which he did not fancy at all. He had gone to the hair salon not intending to get this hair color but since they all looked equally good and he couldn't make up his mind...


Why not?


"Sehunnie! Some snacks before you leave?" Mdm Ha called out to Sehun with a plate of cookies which Sehun decided to ignore for good.


"When are you bringing friends back again? The polite boy, was it Kyungsoo? He said my cooking was fabulous! Oh and I really liked that girl Jiyoon, she's very nice isn't she?"


"No." he replied bluntly, slipping into his black dress shoes.


"She's the worst of them all."


He hated that Mdm Ha would speak carelessly of Jiyoon for the past two days, was it that she never seen girls ever in her life? Or has she not seen girls like Jiyoon ever in her life because Sehun clearly hasn't. She was a rare dumb species. Sehun hated how Jiyoon was too kind for his liking, it made his blood boil when he thought about how unbelievably kind she was. Not only that, she was dumb and childish. So dumb that it was effortless to cheat her and she wouldn't even know; so childish that she'd resort to folding paper planes in their boring math lessons and think the teacher didn't see her flying them out of the windows. And the fact that she talks back to Sehun when she's 8 months younger.


That's no no.

 

"So..." Jiyoon cleared . "I'm wearing this?"


"Yeap, any problems with that?" Rina blinked innocently. Jiyoon was in their dorm,spinning around in front of the full length mirror in her champagne gold strapless gown with pearl embroidered patterns that glittered beautifully under the white lights. It wasn't too tight or too loose - just right, hugging her curves perfectly. 


Junhee who was leaning calmly against the wall nodded, giving a thumbs up in approval. It wasn't wrong to ask the girls to sew on those delicate white pearls. "You look amazing."


Red rushed up Jiyoon's face instantly. "N-no."


She wasn't invited over to their dorm. Jiyoon was dragged here involuntarily by Rina who had quite the strength of a beast. She said that Jiyoon needed a makeover because she was essential to help Rina get closer to Kyungsoo at the ball. And yes, Jiyoon was going no matter what. When she stepped into their dorm, Jiyoon finally understood why Rina knew every single detail. Their dorm was the top storey of Treetops, overlooking Primrose and Rina had a pair of binoculars stationed right at the windows. Their dorm was huge for two- with three rooms and one study room as well as a room filled with dresses and clothing designs - that explains why Junhee was so good at sewing when in fact, Rina came from a family of tailors. And last but not least the goosebumps that stood on Jiyoon's skin when she accidentally opened one of the forbidden rooms which actually had CCTV footages of all the ares in the school.


Really, Jiyoon had to give her an A for efforts in chasing Kyungsoo, albeit a little strange.


But wait-
 


"You are allowed to live together? I mean you're a girl and Junhee's-"


"I entered the school as her butler."


"Ah- I see." Jiyoon was puzzled at the strange rules she wasn't accustomed to in this school, but left it as that.


"You'll look even more beautiful with some light make up." Junhee sat her down before the dressing table and pulled out palettes of eye shadows, blushers and what not.


"You can-"


"Honey, that's a skill you have to learn if you're in drama club." Junhee shushed her and proceeded to apply foundation on her face. For the next half hour, Jiyoon had her eyes close while Junhee painted her face into a beautiful art and she listened calmly to Rina scream and shout over a loose thread on her dress, the attendants trying to calm her down and what not. She really wondered if there comes a day when Rina and Emily were to meet, she wondered who will dominate the situation.


Would it be the bratty Rina or the bossy Emily?


Jiyoon didn't realise how she became friends with the weird duo when they were the most intimidating people she ever met in drama club with Junhee's fake smile plastered on his face and Rina's excessive threats of injury. They were a dangerous duo and Jiyoon was glad that they were friends, though the basis of their friendship was set upon the fact that Jiyoon had no ulterior motives on Kyungsoo and she still felt like she was treading on thin ice around them.


"There you go." Junhee held out a peach pink lipsticks and asked her to pucker her lips. "You can open your eyes now."


Jiyoon stared straight at herself in the mirror, a gasp of shock escaping her lips. She was a prettier version of it with the help of the makeup products that did wonders. But- her gaze fluttered to the posh cars pulling up the driveway of the school. It was summer break after all and most of the students went home to their parents, just like the EXO boys though Baekhyun had insisted bringing her back home to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter