Testing Waters 05

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I most likely,
have fallen in love with you.

 


Jiyoon landed on her sofa, kicking her legs in the air. It was finally the end of her first school day. It was a long day but not as tiring as she had expected. The tension between Sehun and her did not lessen over the day but she was growing comfortable with the awkwardness. As for Baekhyun...


During the 5 minutes break in between lessons


"If you're not calling me oppa I'm gonna throw this outside." he squinted his eyes devilishly at Jiyoon, making a grab for her stationary set right after their language teacher stepped out of the classroom. His hand stretched far outside the window, dangling it in mid-air.


"Give it back!" Jiyoon glanced nervously out of the window, afraid that with a slip of his hands it'll fall to the ground level below. 


"You know what to sa-"


"BAEKHYUN OPPA!" Jiyoon shouted, causing heads to turn in their direction. She cleared awkwardly, "Give it back."


He retracted his hands and placed her pencil case back onto her table, grinning in satisfaction. He nudged Kai who was sitting beside him, "She just called me oppa."


Seeing that there weren't any reaction from Kai who was in a deep sleep, he turned behind to inform Sehun of the same news, which he'd witness.


"Idiot." Sehun muttered under his breath. He was getting increasingly irritated by his hyungs who were head over heels for the girl beside him. Why was everyone practically begging her to call them oppa? Was it a competition or something? He got out of his seat and left the classroom, not bothered to reply Baekhyun.

 


Jiyoon fell asleep on the sofa unknowingly. By the time she woke up, the sun was already setting in the far west. The room was shrouded in complete darkness and she fumbled around for the light switch near the entrance of her dorm. Pressing against the wall, she took a small step at a time. She felt something smooth like rough wood material jutting out and realised it was her bookcase. Slowly, Jiyoon made her way to the light switch but she didn't notice the remote control on the floor, causing her to trip.


"Woops!" she grabbed the bookcase for support only to feel something shifting and her body lunging forward. By the time she regained her senses, she was sprawled on the ground.


Jiyoon squinted, realising that this place was awfully bright. Blinking for a few seconds, it then struck her it wasn't her dorm. The foreign bedroom was painted a deep blue and had two single bed side by side. She spun around to see the bookcase vertical and her living room on the other side. 


"Woah woah woah, wait on." a deep voice screeched, "WHO ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM?!"


Jiyoon scrambled on her feet and peered up to see a boy almost a head taller than she was. His large round eyes were wavering in fright and when Jiyoon's eyes trailed down....


To his well-defined abs. He was in the middle of changing his clothes when the weird girl barged into their dorm through the bookcase as if this was some kind of fantasy drama.


"Stop staring!" he yelled, slipping onto his clothes quickly, a hand still holding his toothbrush. Realising her mistake, she turned around, embarrassed.


"What's wrong with this girl..." the boy muttered, annoyed mouth full of foam.


"What's wrong with this boy, brushing his teeth when it's not even bedtime yet." Jiyoon murmured under her breath.


"You!-" the boy seethed angrily. Who was she to judge him? He was about to make a rude comment when he remembered this girl was Xiumin hyung's favourite. Rolling his eyes, he pushed past Jiyoon and inspected the door in disguise of a bookcase. "Kyungsoo! You gotta come and see this!"


"You must be the new kid around." the boy continued, calmer. "I know you are Jiyoon. I'm Chanyeol by the way."


"You know me?" Jiyoon was astonished. 


"Of course I know you. You're the cause of my sufferings. Xiumin's crazy over you, repeating like a broken recorder all day that you're absolutely adorable and he wants to pinch your cheeks whenever he sees you." he mumbled inaudibly under his breath.


"I'm sorry?"


Chanyeol flashed a forced smile, "Nametag."


"What's wrong-" Kyungsoo dropped his ladle on the floor with a soft clink upon seeing Jiyoon in the boy's dorm.


"You brought a girl here?! You know that's against the rules!"


"No, she came from over there." Chanyeol pointed to the bookcase into her living room, brushing his teeth casually. "I can't believe Mr Ahn never told us about this door."


He spun the door around repeatedly as if it was a fascinating toy.


Kyungsoo on the other hand stared at Jiyoon suspiciously with his large owl eyes sending chills down her spine. He never liked these girls who'd throw themselves all over them and there was even a girl who stuck into their dorm and stole his -coughs- boxers which was disgusting. Should they haul her out? Bring her to the administrative office? But she doesn't seem that bad and she wasn't stealing anything. Wait.


Did Chanyeol say she came from the other side?


"Ah!" his eyes doubled in size with realisation, it all made sense now. "You're the transferee!"


Kyungsoo heaved a sigh of relief, "I'm Do Kyungsoo." his eyes were focused on Chanyeol despite speaking to Jiyoon. "Hyung, do you mind gurgling your mouth? You're disgusting. And stop playing with that bookcase, we'll deal with it later."


"What's the fuss about?" Xiumin's jaw dropped when he poked his head into the room. "Jiyoon! What are you doing here?"


He pointed at her, then at Chanyeol, then at Kyungsoo. Were they doing something bad to her? Luhan who was following right behind pressed his hands on Xiumin's shoulders, tiptoeing. 


"Oh! Why is Jiyoon here?"


"Jiyoon! Why are you in my room?" Baekhyun shouted, running over as well.


Sehun strolled past the room only to find everyone gathered. His eyes widened just like the rest. What was this girl doing here? Was she a stalker? Sehun snorted, sure that she was. But she was considered adept to have even made it that far into their dorm.


"Wait," Jiyoon was equally shocked, "Do you all live together?!"


"Wow it's getting real crowded. Let's get out of here before we talk alright?" Kyungsoo picked up his ladle still lying on the floor and ushered everyone out of the room including her.


"Gurgle before you sit before my food." Kyungsoo reminded Chanyeol who was eyeing a piece of chicken on the dining table. Dejected, he dragged himself into the bathroom. Jiyoon held back a laughter at the strange sight. For Chanyeol who was much taller than Kyungsoo, he seemed like the baby instead. Looking around, she saw that the dorm was at least 3 times bigger than hers. The dining table was long enough to fit 15 and both their living room and kitchen was much more spacious than hers with more facilities. It looked more like a family apartment instead of a school dorm to be honest. 


Jiyoon counted to herself, in awe that there were a total of 8 rooms. Just how many people lived here? Jiyoon was surprised to see the school president coming out from one of the rooms in a casual tee and shorts. Did he live here as well?


"Sorry it's a little messy here. It's the first time we have a girl here so.." Suho gave an awkward smile as he tried to hide the clutter of mess. Unfinished bags of potato chips, homework as well as a few t-shirts sprawled messily on the floor while he tried to the best of his ability to pick them up at his fastest speed.


Baekhyun who was munching on the piece of chicken disagreed, "Correct. It's the first time we evr have a visitor."


"Baekhyun! Did you wash your hands before touching the food?" Kyungsoo screamed in horror from the kitchen, carrying a pot of kimchi stew,


"Oops." Kyungsoo had zero tolerance for Baekhyun's unhygenic habits and started a staring showdo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter