Chinese Whispers 01

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We're still young and have all the time in the world to have fun, party hard and make mistakes.
But let's not forget to love, shall we?

 

"Seems like all the good ones are from 2-2." Kai blinked a few times, the results rather unbelievable. Jiyoon jumped a few times to no avail and scowled at his tall frame that was blocking her from the notice board which had their test results.


"Lemme see!" Jiyoon squeezed past him, stumbling to the front. Her eye scanned the board thoroughly from the bottom to top yet her name was nowhere to be found.


"Where's my name..."
 

"Right there." Kai pointed to the top of the white paper only to earn a scoff from Jiyoon.


"Don't kid me, it can't be-" her eyes trailed up the paper following Kai's knobbly finger.


1. Class 2-2 오세훈 (496)
2. Class 2-2 문지윤 (491)
3. Class 2-1 김준면 (489)

4. Class 2-2 김종인 (487)
5. Class 2-3 한예술 (486)


"I-I'm second?!?!" she squealed, still in doubt. It was unmistakable that it was her name printed in bold right at the top of the paper. She teared up, recalling the nights of revision and hardcore preparations for the papers, as well as tutoring Chanyeol who was hopeless in studying. Efforts really do pay off and she was very satisfied with her results. But who was-


Baekhyun wasn't kidding when he said Sehun came in first in cohort. There was his Hangul name right above Jiyoon in full glory and it ticked her off just a teeny weeny bit. Especially when that kid makes it seem so effortless, and he'd definitely for losing out to him.


Definitely.


Suho coming in third wasn't surprising because he was supposed to be a role-model student. But Kai coming in fourth was unpredictable. She side-glanced at Kai who beamed at her. He was always sleeping in class though... 
 

"Damn." Chanyeol smacked his fist on his forehead in disappointment and Jiyoon snapped back to reality, scanning the paper for Chanyeol's name.


64. Class 2-4 박찬열 (421)


"Oppa, you got out of the bottom ten." Jiyoon gave him a light squeeze on the arm as comfort. It was a great improvement.


"Yeah, how about my princess?" The dark expression on his face never faded away as he looked at Jiyoon who lifted two fingers. "Second?!"


"Yup!" she smiled before frowning, "Yah, what's with that expression? Aren't you happy for me?"


"I am but-" Chanyeol had a mix of emotions bubbling in him, "I lost to you who stopped schooling for a year! Are you even human or are you really that smart?"


Jiyoon smacked Chanyeol on his back as hard as she could, feeling uneasy. "Do you have to say it out loud?" 


"Shame on you," Baekhyun butted into their conversation, sticking a tongue out. He was estatic at the fact that he was well above Chanyeol, at 50th.


"Just you wait," Chanyeol gritted his teeth, not admitting defeat. "I'm going to beat you oh-so-badly next term."


"Waiting~~~~~~" Baekhyun shouted in a sing-song voice, skipping away to Tao who had red puffy eyes.


"You did awesome there!" Lay gave two thumbs up to Jiyoon causing her to blush in embarrassment. Maybe it was the fact that she came from Hartford Academy, the school which breeds scholars that a year without schooling was no feat.


"Hee, you did great as well, 15th right?"


"Yeah, but not as good as Luhan." Lay scratched his head sheepishly. "He got 7th."


"Talking about me?" Hearing his name, Luhan excused himself from his classmates and sneaked over to Lay, hooking an arm around his shoulder. "I wouldn't give up my 7th position for a 1st, you know that's the lucky number."


"Not that you can with me around." Sehun had a conceited smirk plastered on his face while he walked to them with hands deep in his pockets. "I can't believe the idiot got 2nd."


"Yah." Jiyoon threw a dirty look at Sehun, already expecting it to come. "I'm not as dumb as you think I am."


"Really?" Sehun bended his back and leaned closer to Jiyoon, lips almost touching her ears. She could feel his hot breath on her ears and it ran shivers down her spine. "I doubt so."


Sehun was teasing her and Jiyoon knew it. Shoving him aside, she slung an arm into Kyungsoo's arms as a defense but immediately untangled herself from Kyungsoo when she saw Rina's piercing stare in the sea of students, mouthing.


I'm watching you.


A shiver ran down Jiyoon's spine and she averted gazes with Rina. She really, was a stalker.
 

"How did you fare?"


"Not too bad, not too good. 25th." Kyungsoo answered reluctantly at Suho's question. He wasn't into studying so as long as he wasn't too bad at it, it was fine.


"That's great to hear." Suho was glad that all of them were in the top 10% of the cohort, well except for Chanyeol. But it was forgivable because it was a huge jump from his results the previous term. Tutoring from Jiyoon sure helped him a lot. 


"But-"


There was always buts.


"It's not good considering that Jiyoon could come in 2nd. I'm sure as long as all of you are as hardworking as her-"


"But the thing is we aren't as hardworking as her." Xiumin interrupted the School President but clammed his mouth shut immediately after Suho glared at him. 


"I don't see a reason why all of you aren't in the first 15 positions when Jiyoon could achieve it. Let's make it as a goal next term alright?"


"That's unfair, she's naturally smart!" Tao was hurt by Suho's remarks. Nobody liked to lose, especially not to a girl.


"It's called hardwork and dedication." Jiyoon corrected, playfully sticking out a tongue.


"But a good day like this calls for a celebration, right right right?" Baekhyun pumped his fist in the air excitedly. The tests were over and results were received so what was next? 


Holidays.


"Who's with me?"


 

"Byun baekhyun, slow down will ya?" Suho shouted angrily after Baekhyun who almost banged into him, causing him to swerve his bicycle onto the grass.


"Hyung!" Tao growled at the excited Baekhyun who was cycling on everyone's path unstably.


"Sorry!"


They took a bus to Han river

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter