Queer as Folk 07

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can understand the desire to share something you enjoy with the people you really care about.


12 pair of eyes were stuck onto one oblivious girl who tapped her feet to the soft music playing in the background. She threw occasional guilty glances at Kyungsoo who was still staring at her with his large owl eyes after they left the toilet.


"Here's the-" Chanyeol ran into the store, setting the packet of milk the girl demanded for when she sat down 10 minutes ago. Her eyes lit up and she immediately snatched the packet from him and proceeded to pop the metal film with the straw.


"Milk...." Chanyeol trailed off, taking his seat. He didn't understand why this girl who looked like she was an elementary school kid was sitting with them after Jiyoon and Kyungsoo came back. He peered at Suho who was spacing out then at the rest of the boys who had a look of confusion on their faces except for Kyungsoo and it got him even more befuddled at the current situation.


"Hey little girl, are you lost? Say which elementary sch-"


As soon as the sentence was thrown, Rina threw a dirty look at Chanyeol.


"Park Chanyeol." the girl started with a voice full of authority. "1. I'm in the first year of high school in EXO High and 2. I'm not lost."


Her sentence clammed Chanyeol's mouth shut and he slunk back, beating himself up in the back of his head for acting like an idiot.


"So Rina ssi..." Kyungsoo started, his voice velvety smooth. Something flickered in Rina's eyes and she spun around to face Kyungsoo, despite being fearful of his piercing stare. She gulped, this was the first time her D.O oppa was speaking to her and she didn't want to lose this chance.


"Rina, call me Rina!" the girl said excitedly and it made Jiyoon recall their first meeting when she clearly hated how Jiyoon called her by "Rina".


"Well then Rina," Kyungsoo spoke, cutting to the chase. "Why did you do that for?"


"I-" the girl croaked meekly. "It wasn't my fault! It was Junnie oppa!"


"Wait a minute," Xiumin held their conversation on hold, trying to get a hang of the situation. "Kyungsoo, is it this girl's doings that Jiyoon is drenched in tomato juice?"


Jiyoon who was wearing Kyungsoo's black flannel shirt froze up.


"Yeah." Kyungsoo replied calmly without a hint of emotion. "And the haunted trail, I overheard."


"This girl harmed our princess?" Chanyeol widened his eyes in shock, misjudging Rina to be an innocent girl. Looks were deceiving.
 

"What?" Xiumin choked on his soda in shock, "It was her?"


"I said it wasn't me!" the girl raised her voice at the oldest hyung, catching him by surprise. Teardrops were b in her eyes as she heaved loudly, "IT WAS JUNNIE OPPA!"


Sehun only raised an eyebrow as he sat lazily beside Luhan, uninterested of the drama that was going on. Seriously, how long did they have to deal with just a 16 year old kid? He glanced at Jiyoon and rolled his eyes thinking how stupid she was for always walking right into trouble like a boss. Well unlike himself, he was good at escaping them.
 

"Calm down..." Jiyoon saw clearly how Rina was worked up and attempted to rub her back but the girl only slapped her hands away.


"Don't touch me."


"Where are your manners?" Kyungsoo spoke again in a displeasured tone. He had enough of the girl's princessy attitude. "She's your unnie."


"What unnie..." the girl muttered mindlessly under her breath, avoiding Kyungsoo's gaze. "She's a rival, a rival."


"And you haven't apologised to her yet." he continued, not backing off at the girl's childish attitude.


"I am not going to. " the girl replied stubbornly, avoiding his piercing gaze. formed a small pout, "It's not my fault."


"It's not your fault for causing the bruises on her neck? And splashing the tomato juice?"


Rina chewed on her lower lips, looking outside the store. "Well I can just buy her another shirt if you're that concerned abo-"


"RINA SSI!"
 

"It's okay oppa-" Rina was still a kid after all and Jiyoon knew her. She didn't look as bad just maybe a teeny weeny bit spoilt. However Kyungsoo was more than pissed off at the two ridiculous girls.


"It's not okay! Jiyoon, it's not okay for people to hurt you just because you are close to us and what does that make you? A target for everyone to hate on? Someone whom people will always label as 'the hateful girl clinging onto the EXO boys'?" Kyungsoo sent a genuine questioning gaze at Jiyoon then another fierce stare at Rina because it disgusted him how people like that existed in this world.


He really wondered, if that was what Jiyoon liked because he hated how she always said she's fine to everything when clearly it's not. At least not to him.


"Is that really what you want?"


"Rina..." a voice interrupted their conversation and a figure stepped into the store warily. Rina immediately jumped out of her seat and hugged her saviour.


"Junnie oppa!"


"Junhee?!" Xiumin and Chanyeol spluttered to see the boy entering the store and the girl hugging him like a koala bear.


"Aigoo..." the boy smiled at the girl's clingy nature and patted her hair gently. "I was wondering what's taking you so long and I came in to take a look. Are they bullying you?"


His eyes narrowed menacingly, still having a smile on his face as he scanned the twelve boys and lastly, landed his eyes on Jiyoon.
 

"Bullying?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes, another one to catch on the situation. With his wide social circle unlike the boys, he recognised him. Choi Junhee. He wasn't a big figure in school and as far as he knew, he didn't have much friends because other than lesson time, he was always around this girl which Baekhyun presumed to be Rina. "She's the one bullying our Jiyoon here."


"Well clearly there's 13 of you here so how is she bullying her?" the male tilted his head at the question and it irked Baekhyun even more.


"Yah! She said you were the one who strangled Jiyoon during the night walk! Isn't that so?"


"Really...." Junhee blinked at him innocently, "Where's your proof?"


"Proof...? What proof?" Baehyun stuttered, pointing at Rina. "She's proof!"


"And I thought you were in our school's debate club, Baekhyun ssi. You must know that this is a false accusation right?" Junhee maintained his sweet smile, "How disappointing."


"You-!"


"Baekhyun, enough." Suho finally spoke. "We're sorry for holding her back."


"As expected of our school president." Junhee tilted his head down for a tiny bow. "Choi Junhee from Class 2-4."


"Kim Junmyeon from Class 2-1."


"I'll see you around in school then Mr School President." Junhee tugged at Rina's hands softly, "Let's go."


"B-but." Rina eyed Kyungsoo from the corner of her eyes who was still sending daggers with his stare. She gulped and followed obediently behind Junhee out of the store, entering the black car that was waiting for them.


"I think I messed up!" the girl bawled unhappily, reminded of Kyungsoo's terrible expression when she intended to make him smile like how Jiyoon did. Jt was his first impression of her and it was horrible. She was regretting coming up with those stupid ideas because of her jealousy-wait. She was not jealous of Jiyoon, no she wasn't. She was obviously way better than her though a tad shorter. "What should I do now?"


The boy only smiled in return, gesturing their chauffeur to drive off.


"A change in tactics of course, missy."

 


The walk back to school was a silent one which was the contrary of the usual. Jiyoon studied Kyungsoo's serious expressions and she knew he was angry at her. It was the first time Kyungsoo got so upset at anything and it scared her just thinking of how he had shouted at her previously in the chicken store.


"Oppa..." she tapped him gently on the shoulder and he turned around. 


"Hmm?" he hummed mindlessly, slowing his footsteps for Jiyoon.


"Are you angry at me?"


"Yes." he answered bluntly and Jiyoon didn't know how to react to sentence. Kyungsoo let out a sigh, "You can't always be like that you know. Being a victim, letting people step on you like it's an acceptable behaviour. It's not."


"But I'm fin-"


"There you go again. You need to stop saying 'I'm fine' when you are not." Kyungsoo was reluctant to speak to Jiyoon anymore when clearly nothing that he said went into her ears and so he fastened his pace, settling himself beside Suho.


"But I'm really fine..." Jiyoon muttered under her breath, unable to understand Kyungsoo's concerns. It really was fine to her since it was only one of Rina's pranks made because according to her, she was getting too close to her D.O oppa. As for why Rina was always calling Kyungsoo, D.O, Jiyoon had no idea. Maybe she should ask Kyungsoo about it when he's in a better mood.

 


Jiyoon woke up in a better mood with the bruises not hurting as much anymore. They headed back to the dorms right after the lunch yesterday, ate take-out because Kyungsoo refused to cook. She ended up joining Kai and Sehun in a game of League of Legends which she swore she would not anymore because-
 


"Go over to the left, oh my god. Are you an idiot?"


"Stop yelling at me! It's the first time I'm playing this nonsensical game!"


"We're losing because of you, feeder!"


She shook her head at the awful memories and got out of bed reluctantly. A yellow sticky note stuck on her study table caught her eyes and she groaned inwardly, reminded of the common test coming up in less than two week's time. She didn't understand why their school had to go on a small holiday just when their tests were around the corner. Lost in her thoughts, Jiyoon let out a sharp gasp when she realised she was an hour later than she usually was and quickly ran for the washroom.


Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter