Testing Waters 06

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In this world, I fear her the most. And in this world,
I want her more than anyone else.



Later the same night, the boys held an emergency meeting in the living room when Chen and Lay returned.
 

“Why so serious~?” Chen sang while kicking off his shoes and let it fly messily around to earn a glare from Suho. They were both surprised to see everyone gathered together especially when at such a timing, everyone was always doing their own thing. Suho looked exceptionally serious but on the opposing end, the rest were lazing around with a bored expression.


“Now she knows we’re all living together. Whose great idea was it to invite her for dinner?”
 

All eyes turned to Kyungsoo.
 

“What? Do you expect me to make her leave?" Kyungsoo defended himself, his large owl eyes staring back at everyone else. He his lips nervously trying to come up with an excuse "Blame Chanyeol for not figuring out about that trap door after living here for centuries."


"What me?" Chanyeol scoffed incredulous at Kyungsoo's accusation.
 

“She’s nice and cute.” Xiumin blurted out.


"Yeah she's cu-" Chanyeol froze in the middle of his sentence and stare at Xiumin horrified. Was he just going to admit that he found her cute, well yeah she was kinda cute when she first stumbled into his room with that slight pink flush on her cheeks when she saw his abs that he held pride in but-


"Ha, I told you you'll find her cute. She's cute right?"


Hearing that, Chanyeol tugged at his hair in frustration, it was a very sensitive word not to mention before him ever since Xiumin came barging in the middle of their Physics lesson yesterday, screaming the same repetitive sentence at him. "For the 483rd time, Stop. Repeating. That. Sentence."


“Why are we even trying to prevent her from knowing what’s EXO?” Luhan leaned onto Sehun’s shoulder and let out a loud yawn. Why couldn't things be more simple and the boys just explained what they were in school? It's not that difficult right? He thought that the meeting was pointless and the only thing on his mind was to hurry back to sleep.


“You know how the girls in our school can be and you know perfectly well how they love to blow things up.” Suho was irritated by the boys' lacklustre attitude. It concerned not only them but this girl's fate in EXO High for the rest of the years. “I don’t want to get her into some weird scandal with us or something. She finally settled down into a school for Christ’s sake.”


“Mr Ahn told us to watch over her but aren't we making it a little too obvious?” Tao was reminded a few days back when their principal called them into the office to announce a new transferee's arrival which was a lovely surprise. No one else had transferred into this school except a few of them and they were curious as to who it might be.


Especially when it was a girl.


“They are obviously unhappy. Especially when she broke their ridiculous rule.”


Kai spoke for the first time that evening, having overheard a conversation by two gossiping girls at the locker area this morning.


“What rule?”


“Seriously Luhan hyung?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the elder's lack of interest for the news flying around school. "That stupid rule of the girls admiring EXO from ten feet away. Anyone who breaks that rule is subjected to-”  he coughs, unwilling to complete his sentence but the rest of the boys received enough hint.


“I didn’t know that-”


“You only know about soccer.” Xiumin boasted, triumphant that he at least had some knowledge in this.


"Well that's some stupid rule they have." Luhan shrugged. "It's not like we're gods or something."
 

Kris eyed his watch impatiently, feeling that this meeting was dragging too long. “So what are we supposed to do?”


 “There’s nothing we can do. Avoid her for now and let the rumors die down?” Kyungsoo spoke, trying to fix the broken remote control Chanyeol spoiled. "They'll stop talking."


Suho nodded his head, agreeing with Kyungsoo who might just be the only one concerned about the situation, “Sehun, if you don't mind please look after her more in class.”  


“I do mind!” Sehun groaned, emphasizing every word. Why did it have to be him when it could be Kai or even that over enthusiastic Baekhyun? It seemed as if their lives are getting complicated as soon as she arrived and that girl- she even sent them out the first day of her school acting as if she owned the place and now Suho wants him to take her under his wing? 


Hell no.


As if reading his mind, Suho continued. “Kai and Baekhyun aren’t exempted as well.” 


“Fine.” Sehun gritted his teeth, knowing that arguing with Suho will only lead to nowhere and who knows if he will decide to ban him from gaming anytime soon.


It was almost a week of school for Jiyoon already. Things were almost normal. Lessons flew past her quickly where she was busy scribbling down notes trying to catch up with the teacher's speech at the speed of a bullet train, occasionally peeking at her seat mate who almost always shot a glare at her whenever she tried to. Talk about how he had hawk's eyes and could sense any movement from her. Baekhyun was rambling on and on about LoL to her as well as not-so-secretly gossiping about the classmates to her. She knew gossiping was bad but that was the only way she could familiarise herself with the unfriendly faces and get to know their names. During break time, she usually sat alone in the cafeteria doing people watching. It was fascinating how people like the students of this school existed. It was on a whole new level from her previous school because it was still a public one overflowing with smart scholars. Despite being one of the more famous high schools which parents were trying desperately to get their children into, they had no way even if they were Samsung's largest stockholders because if you didn't have the grades, you're out.


The students in the school were in a way, different. Since it was a private school, rules and regulations were a separate matter judging by the weird hairstyles the kids donned and to enter this school the only thing you needed to have was-


Rich parents.


At least that was what she deduced by Baekhyun's full profiles of every single classmate she had. Like the girl named Jieun whose father owned the largest hair salon chain in Seoul and girls would swoon to her to get the latest hair products that claimed to make their hair silky smooth. Minhyuk the boy who got sent out by the teacher on the first day of school was rather impressive, well his dad plays stocks and was one of the biggest stockholders in one of the supermarkets spread all around Korea. If all of these students had affluent family backgrounds then why did the teachers still treat them like-


"Oh you don't know? Kim seongsaengnim is the heir to Cres Corporation."


"Cres Corporation?" Jiyoon repeated after Baekhyun, incredulous. "You mean the huge media broadcasting-"


"Yup." he popped the 'p' and nodded his head in affirmation. "I can't wait til he leaves at the end of this year, god he's a er always making me stand up and recite some ridiculous English words."


And so Jiyoon learnt quickly how there were ranks in their school. The heirs of large corporations who were just whiling away time at school and waiting til they're of age to be handed over their companies. Then the ones whose parents play stocks or holds a large amount of stocks in these corporations and the same thing - waiting to be handed shares of these companies. Then came the ones with family backgrounds of famous legendary doctors and lawyers who could win you a getaway at a murder case. And then-


And then where would that put her? The more she hears from Baekhyun, the more jittery she gets when she overhears of the girls in school heading to the newest ice-cream parlour or getting free VIP tickets to concerts and what not. It felt as if she didn't belong here in this upper class private school that required lots of practicing since a young age to be at. The people here, friendly gestures with hidden agendas, she didn't know how to handle all of that.
 

It got her quite curious as to what were the parents' family backgrounds but she seldom met the boys since she got out of her dorm in the early mornings and did not have any spare time to make friends as well. Studying, that was her priority that she reminded herself every morning.


Her mind drifted back to where Yoona, the only girl who tried to be friendly with her in class asked as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do, not bothering to ask anyone's name before anything else but-


"So what does your parents do?"


"Yes?" Jiyoon sputtered, not quite registering what the girl just said.


"Oh don't be shy," she smiled, "My parents work as professors in Harvard. What about you?"


"Uh..." Jiyoon racked her brain for an answer. "Pianist."


It wasn't a complete lie and it sounded convincing to the girl who only shrugged, her attention on Xiumin who walked past the corridors, offering a bright smile to Jiyoon, "Ah.... sorry who? I'm not quite into the arts though but they must be someone important for you to get into this school I suppose."
 

“Hey.” A hand smacked onto the school desk. Jiyoon jolted out of her daydream, surprised to find the same girl back at the cafeteria standing in her classroom. A few of her followers sniggered when Jiyoon slunk back in sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter