Guns N' Roses 01

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found home in your arms.

 

"You said he was at the mart." the girl stated in a monotone voice over the phone as she gazed at the crowds of people moving in sync. It was a dead city with people moving aimlessly from one point to another; the long dronings of car engines sweeping past her felt like screamings of the industrialized country. The dark gloomy city was a suffocating place to be and she longed to be back on the beaches in Hawaii.


"Be patient, he left 15 minutes ago and I'm sure he's coming out."


"Alright, I'm hanging up."


"Wait," the voice across the phone stopped her from pressing the 'End Call' button. "You're meeting him now?"


"It's the right time."
 

"Just- Don't hurt him. He's a friend of mine still and-" The boy let out a soft sigh over the phone. "He loves you, a lot."


The girl sniggered over the phone at the male's childish thoughts. How was it possible for him to take over his father's business if he wasn't ruthless enough? 


"Believe me. Once upon a time, I've had friends before. And a true love I thought might be real as well. But you know what? Friends betray, and true love? It was only a beautiful lie. People are in the end, tools we use to reach to the top where we belong. I'm sure your father taught you that well." 


"You're crazy." the male answered and hung up the phone.


The girl dropped the phone to her side, smirking. What did he, who was only a mere business partner know of the pain she had to go through? To reach to the top with her parents and show him, show them that she wasn't that poor girl back then. That poor, helpless girl with nothing to her name.


She stood across the road, watching Luhan exit the supermart with bags full of food. He was in a delightful mood, she guessed from his cheerful walk as he nodded his head to the music playing on his iPod. Luhan was an innocent boy, far too innocent and nice for his own good. She did felt sorry, in the beginning but not now. Clenching her fists, she followed him from behind with heavy footsteps. She hated acting, it wasn't in her roots but it was necessary. Life was a game after all and they were all players in that merciless game. Taking in a deep breath-


"Oppa..."


Luhan dropped his bags of groceries on the ground with a loud thud. Did he hear wrongly? Was his ears playing tricks on him because he heard her sweet voice clearly. Upon contact with the cold cement ground, the milk in the brown paper bag spilled a pure white and the red rosy apples tumbled out, rolling down the streets.


"J-jin?" Luhan spun around in disbelief. She looked exactly the same just as she left. However this time round, she appeared to be more frail and petite than she was a year ago. The autumn breeze red coat, swaying it lightly in the wind. Underneath it was EXO High's school uniform and her red ruby necklace hung on her neck, just like how it should always be.


It actually seemed as if she never left.


"S-sojin?" Luhan rushed forward and pulled her into a tight hug without hesitation. The air stilled for a moment, wiping everyone out of the picture except for them two and he prayed that they could stay like that forever.


"Where have you been? I was worried sick."


"I'm so sorry, my family left for LA hurriedly because of their company and I had to go." her thin arms encircled around his waist naturally. "I didn't have time to say bye."


"You could have called, written or given me a simple text." Luhan pulled away, his voice having a hint of sadness. "You clearly don't care about me."


"N-no, I mean you're the most precious thing-" Jin was about to deny Luhan's accusations when his lips went right on hers, cutting her sentence off.


"I know." he smiled, "You won't leave again right?"


"No," she shook her head. "Not without you this time round."
 


"Ice ceam, ice cream, ice cream!" Xiumin giggled and ran out of the school gates like a child deprived of his favourite sport for ages, earning strange looks from the security guards on duty.


"Isn't he too excited?" Chen chuckled, giving a small bow to the security guard who recognised him. "And he calls himself the oldest hyung. I really doubt that."


"Did I ever tell you how he added wasabi into my bun when we first met?" Jiyoon scrunched her nose at the memory she wished to wipe off, that bun was the worst-tasting one in her entire life. 


"That's awful but Xiumin hyung's done worse. He added thai chili into our dubu jiggae when he first moved into the dorms." Chen shoo his head, "And the worst part was that he shut off our house water's supply and made us beg for water. He's the worst of the worst."


"What are you guys talking about?" Xiumin spun around at his name.


Chen winked at Jiyoon and they both chorused, "Nothing~"


They reached the dessert shop after turning a corner on the main street. It was a jewel hidden in the city and people seldom come around unless they knew this place. Jiyoon decided that it was a nice place to hang out on a lazy Monday afternoon in summer after Xiumin brought her here once in spring.


"What do you want? The usuals?"


"Yep." Jiyooon sank into the comfortable armchair, waiting for Xiumin to return with the orders. He said it was his treat since he was the oldest and obviously the two didn't reject the offer. 


The seasons were changing much to her delight because summer was awfully hot and she couldn't get anywhere without sweating buckets. Autumn on the other hand was beautiful with leaves turning orange-red, falling onto the ground like snowflakes. Albeit a little cold and lonely. 


"Uh, one patbingsu and a strawberry ice cream as well as one green tea. That's all." Xiumin's voice drifted to Jiyoon's ears as she drummed her fingers on the table. His sentence however made Jiyoon pause in motion, staring straight at Chen in deep thoughts.


"What? Is there something on my face?" he patted his face uncomfortably.


"Isn't it easy for us to make decisions? You choose what you like best and go with the decision just like Xiumin oppa, right?" Jiyoon halted, looking at Xiumin who made a face back at her. "But there's someone I- Emily knows who can't make up his mind well. He spends hours at the grocery store trying to pick a type of milk, a good while standing in front of the cashier trying to choose his lunch. Isn't that a disorder? Oh and she suspects he has severe OCD; he hates getting his stuff messed up and his house only used monotone colors like black and white. I'm not kidding, only black and white."


"That sounds like a serious problem." Chen sipped on his mineral water, sharing Jiyoon's thoughts. "But it sounds more like analysis paralysis to me. The inability to make decisions due to an over analysis of problems. I personally rule out OCD because I'm sure the reason why his house was in monotone colors was the fact that he can't make up his mind."


"Analysis paralysis..." Jiyoon muttered under her breath. Maybe she needed to go on the Internet to search more about it. Chen seemed right though, after thinking about his rainbow hair color. It might just be like Chen said - he couldn't make up his mind which colors to dye and decided to get all of it off the palette.


"Emily-" Chen smirked knowingly. "You can contact her without a phone? I didn't hear you talk about visiting her recently."


"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter