Guns N' Roses 07

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daisies white, daisies blue
I'll always be here, waiting for you


 

Sehun jolted awake, squinting at the blinding sunlight pushing its way through the white curtains. 


>Wait where was-He sat himself straight immediately and blinked a few times. As if that would change anything. The hospital bed was empty and he was lying on the pillow which was supposed to be Jiyoon's. How long had he been asleep? He is usually a light-sleeper and he'd definitely wake up from the slightest creak.


Sehun stretched his stiff back and patted the bedside table for his gift. But what greeted him was a smooth wooden texture of nothing. Feeling panicky, he lifted the blankets and flipped the pillows, searching in every drawer his eyes laid upon. There was nothing that resembled a box in sight. 
 

He ruffled his hair in frustration, sitting back on the cold hard chair.


"Where did it go?"


"You mean this?" a voice spoke from behind.


Jiyoon leaned on the door, waving the iPhone in her hand. On the other was a packet of milk and she threw it at Sehun who caught it perfectly. She clutched on the railings for support as she limped slowly to the hospital bed. She was about to reach for the bedsheets but her unstable footing made her trip over her own feet. Her eyes widened in shock, thinking that she would have to suffer another injury when Sehun caught her perfectly, arms wrapping around her waist. Despite sharing the same space in class, Sehun almost never made body contact with her. It was one of the few rare moments that he did. The radiating warmth of his hands made Jiyoon lose herself for a moment while he stayed still, afraid that a single movement would make him lose her.
 

"Sorry." Jiyoon pulled away and slipped into the bedsheets, escaping from Sehun's grasp. Her face was reddening and it was starting to feel stuffy in the room. Her eyes darted around the room before staring back at Sehun for a good few seconds, making him feel terribly uncomfortable. A wave of guilt washed him over and he cleared his throat awkwardly, avoiding her intense gaze.
 

"What?"


"Does it kill you to be a tad friendlier? You could've started the day with a 'Good morning'."


Sehun scoffed and changed the subject when he saw her playing with the iPhone between her thin fingers. "Did I say it was for you?"


"I assumed it to be." Jiyoon chirped happily. "You have good taste though."


"Needless to say."


The doctor came around. He said I could be discharged."


The seasons were turning and the changing fall foliage was quick to come. There were few birds chirping on the trees and the private hospital ward was engulfed in a peaceful silence. Jiyoon found it really cute how Sehun was fidgeting and his eyes were everywhere in the room but her.


"You are a nice person, Sehun." she muttered softly, fingers grazing over the cold metallic phone. She almost burst out laughing in the morning when she saw that the background image was a picture of Sehun though she wasn't sure how to think of it other than him being narcissistic.


And the only contact number she had was Sehun, on speed dial 1.


The Sehun who never knew how to make decisions, were making decisions for her. 


Sehun looked up to see what the girl was up to with all that silence that was killing him in many ways. He was about to throw another sarcastic comment when his heart skipped a beat, seeing how Jiyoon treasured and babied his gift to her. Occasionally wiping the screen to rid off dirty fingerprints and talking to herself how she should assign her speed dial. 
 

Jiyoon wasn't someone Sehun wanted in his life. In fact, he hated how Jiyoon created hurricanes of emotions in his tiny heart. However things turned out different in many ways, just like their close relationship despite all those temperamental bickering. Truth be told, he was more than a little pissed yesterday and he felt like an idiot for worrying over someone like her. But the petty emotions melted away as soon as the misunderstanding was cleared. Sehun hated to admit this but more than anyone else, he was hurting for her.


It was the first time Sehun felt invisible strings tugging at his cold heart, pulling it towards her. It was the first time he felt needles pricking into his heart whenever she made a hurt expression or spoke too aggressively in her stand. The first time he felt the small rays of sunlight peeking through his skin, between his ribcage and into his heart.


"I said I'll take care of you-"


Why did she have to push herself to limits? What was she trying to prove? Why can't she stay by my side-And let me protect her?


"We made a deal didn't we?"


It was their silent compromise of I'm sorry and Thank you. Despite their egos that did not allow these words to be spoken, they understood each other well enough and it's the caring thoughts that matter behind each little action.


"You're always coming in second aren't you?" he cleared his throat again, a sinister smile playing on his lips, "No matter in sports or examinations."


"Yah, I'm not!" Jiyoon refuted, finally tearing her vison away from her new phone.


"Yes you are~"


"No I'm not!"


"You are!"
 

"Oh Sehun, how dare you-" 


"Ouch ouch ouch let go! YAH CHANYEOL HYUNG!"


He didn't know how long Chanyeol had been standing behind him and hearing that made him boil. He pinched Sehun by the ear, twisting it hard. "Hyung? You still know that I'm your hyung and you are bullying my precious girl?  SECOND? My princess comes first in everything!" 


"Yah yah yah. This is a hospital, can you shush and be a little quieter?" Suho smacked Chanyeol's hands away from Sehun in irritance. "This is the reason why Jiyoon can't rest!"


"JIYOON!"Baekhyun and Chen entered the room with a basket of fruits and a fresh bouqet of flowers. "Are you feeling better?"


"Yeah of course." she smiled, happy to hear the familiar bickering."I've completed the discharge procedures." Lay poked his head into the crowd surrounding Jiyoon. He waved a bag in his hand as he squeezed past them, making his way to Jiyoon. "You can change out of your clothes and we can go out for a celebratory brunch?"
 

"I second that!" Chanyeol pumped a fist in the air. "Chicken!"


"KOREAN BEEF!" Chen his lips in delight.


"I say we should go for sashimi instead..." Baekhyun wrinkled his nose in disgust at the mundane options"


"We should let Jiyoon decide though."


"I-"


Just then, Chanyeol's phone ringed and he excused himself from the excited ward. His eyes narrowed at the contact number wondering what was so important at this time of the day.


"Mr Lee."


"Young master Park." the secretary greeted in a monotonous voice. "Mr Park wants to discuss the birthday celebrations and other urgent matters."


"Urgent matters?"


"Urgent matters. He'd love to see you at 1pm at the mansion." 


His gaze darkened, lips turning up into a smirk. It was clearly an order, not an option given to him.


It wasn't a surprise to see five black sedans outside the hospital as he stepped outside after bidding goodbye to the boys. They'd meet him at the cafe where Xiumin worked because Jiyoon wanted to meet Emily. Mr Kim walked towards Chanyeol and bowed before opening the car door of the middle sedan.


"Young master Park."


"I didn't know he's into stalking these days." Chanyeol sniggered as he climbed into the car without wasting any time.


"It's for your own safety, young master."


"Drive."


It was a mere 20 minutes ride to the mansion guarded by tall metal walls breathing of no life.


Luxurious and grand, every inch of it smells like money. It was a suffocating place he grew up in, which he was glad to leave. More than 30 bodyguards patrolled the area and the cars drove through the steel gates that opened up for them after an intensive security check.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter