Multitude of Sins I

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You only see the tip of the iceberg; and it's crazy.
How wrong you can be about somebody.

 

"Where's our birthday boy?"


"Sehun's birthday is in April."


"That's great!" Jiyoon rolled her eyes at Baekhyun's dumb answer and turned to Kris who was peeling oranges. "Chanyeol went out for a bit, said he wanted to get fried chicken again."


"Oh, that's good." Jiyoon heaved a sigh of relief and headed straight for Sehun's room. Her leg recovered quickly with the utmost care of the boys and she removed the cast a few days ago. She tried her best to be silent, twisting the knob open slowly and entered the dark room. Sehun was still asleep and his brown hair peeked out from his blankets. Or so she thought.


"Why are you here?" a muffled voice spoke and his head poked out from the blankets, eyes heavy-lidded.


"Um." Jiyoon froze, disappointed that she woke him up. "I thought we might need to get a present for Chanyeollie."


"Chanyeol...lie?" Sehun repeated, disliking the nickname immediately. "I don't want to."


"Stop being a baby and come out in 15. I'll be waiting." Jiyoon left the room quickly and sat herself at the dining table. She scrunched her nose at the mundane menu today. "Bacon and eggs again?"


Kyungsoo only smiled and walked to the table with a pot of stew. "Guess what this is?"


"Kimchi tofu?" Jiyoon winked and open the lid much to her expectations. "I knew it. Thank you oppa."


"That's soooooo unfair~" Baekhyun whined, "He only makes what you like."


"That's because she praises my cooking unlike you ungrateful brats." Kyungsoo flicked his forehead, earning an 'ow' from him. He slipped into the chair beside Jiyoon. "Eat more."


"Enough, enough." Jiyoon choked, stopping Kyungsoo from overfilling her bowl of soup.


Kyungsoo frowned, but heeded her request regardless. "I thought you like it." 


"I have tons of opportunity to eat it in the future. Besides, I'm saving my stomach for tomorrow. Where's Luhan oppa anyway?" Jiyoon asked again, popping a sliced orange into . She winced, the sour taste spreading on her tongue and she chewed, swallowing it quickly.


"I don't know." Baekhyun shrugged, handing her a glass of water.


Chen's eyes lit up at the plate of oranges on the table and lunged straight for them. "I saw him going out with Lay."


"Yah yah yah, I'm the one who peeled them." Kris clicked his tongue in disgust. "If you want to eat, peel yourself."


"I can't peel myself~" Chen sang light-heartedly earning a choked laughter from Baekhyun who hi-fived him in victory.


"Bunch of idiots." Kris muttered under his breath as he got up to get more oranges.
 

"Really? He's with Lay oppa?" Jiyoon's eyes widened in surprise. It was something new since that day at the cafe. The two never seem to talked or even met each other. Even during dinner time, either one was absent for some reasons. It was obvious how they were trying to avoid one another.


"Yeah, I hope they don't end up fighting." he glanced at the clock, they had been gone for almost 20 minutes. "They should be back soon."

 

 

"What do you want to talk about?" Lay asked bitterly as he stood facing his back to Luhan. They were at the same secluded garden he was with Sojin the other time and it was awful knowing that it might just be their secret hideout filled with memories he'll never know. He admit, he was jealous and angry at his so-called best friend who stole his love away.


Luhan's hands balled into fists and he sighed, letting down his pride for friendship. "I'm sorry."


"Sorry?" Lay spun around furiously. "What are you so sorry about? For stealing my girlfriend?"


"She isn't your girlfriend." Luhan insisted, not backing off. "Not anymore."


Lay scoffed, "Of course not. She's all yours now isn't she?"


"Please don't speak of her like she's an item that can be thrown around easily." Luhan stared straight into his eyes, blazing with anger. "You don't deserve her."


"Do you realise how much you disgust me?" He yelled, the pent up emotions exploding in him. "I thought my best friend wouldn't betray me! I loved her!-"


"I did not betray you! I had no idea she was Anqi the first time we met! You loved her but I love her and I can give her everything you can never give!" Luhan shouted back at him in frustration. "You fell in love with that weak girl who revolved around you all day thinking you were her world, she was at your dispense but what was she to you? I am different from you!"


"I fell in love with the strong and brave girl sitting next to me, the girl who could speak 5 languages and mastered Business Management, Economics and Finance when she was only 16! She isn't kind and she isn't the sweetest thing on earth but I love her for it. Every single damn part of her. What do you know about us?" Luhan sneered. "You never thought she was Anqi in the first place."


"You are so damn pathetic you can't even recognise her."


His words hit a spot in Lay's heart and he took a few steps backwards. His black orbs wavered and he fell onto the cold hard ground weakly. Luhan was about to take an instinctive step forward but halted when Lay started speaking again.


"I know. I know I am inadequate. I know I was wrong." he muttered endlessly to himself. The tears were long dried up from nights of crying silently. A prayer on repeat to repay his sins. There were no tears, no emotions left except guilt. "I know I don't deserve her, I know that."


"It's enough to know that she is alive." Lay smiled weakly, "I'm happy to know that she's alive."


"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Luhan crouched down and burst into tears on his shoulders. It didn't feel good having to hide something so important from Lay and the guilt in him was eating him up every single time he looked at Lay during her "death anniversary", seeing him talk to himself to the diary. It wasn't easy. Not at all.


"I'll treat her well."


"I trust that you will." Lay grabbed Luhan's warm hand that pulled him up, lifting him off the ground. A tiny smile appeared on Luhan's lips, more like a grin in Lay's opinion whenever they made up after a fight. This is what friends are for, he thought. No matter what happens, he will have his back.


"Luhan-" Lay started.


He waited for Luhan to turn around and threw him a hard punch across the face. He was caught off guard and thrown across the ground. Everything was hazy and his world was spinning. More than anything he was furious at Lay. 


"What the hell was that for?!" he growled angrily, cupping a hand over his already bleeding nose. He looked so pathetic like that with tears streaming down his face and a nose of blood and snot. It was disgusting.


It was a fine day in Autumn but it was as refreshing like the summer. The sun was shining brightly and two hearts gained warmth in the cold weather. Maybe it was because they were seventeen and young, they were quick to forgive and let bygones go. Just like old times.


"We're even now." Lay grinned, stretching a hand out to Luhan. "Say- tell me about the two of you?"
 


His blood red eyes shot open. It was a torture for the past weeks. Hades was aggressive in his attacks and trying to obtain even the smallest amount of stocks available on the market. He on the other hand had signed a contract with Mr Park, a large sum of profit to protect the corporation. The first thing Sehun did was reach for his tablet and checked the stocks. The small sum of money Hades was offering wasn't enticing enough. He smirked, thinking how Hades had taken them lightly and he would die than transfer the stocks he owned.


It was a Saturday morning, the day before Chanyeol's big day. He was supposed to get a gift with Jiyoon and just the thought of that made him happy. He opened his wardrobe, trying to find a comfortable sweater. His phone vibrated in his trousers right when he decided what to wear and he clicked his tongue in annoyance. He might change his mind about the sweater later.


"Hi."


"Mr Oh Sehun right?" the other party said in a robotic voice.


"Yes." he picked the plain black sweater off the racks and slipped it over his wifebeaters.


"I'm Hades." the party continued, "I'm calling to discuss about the stocks seeing how incompetent my employees are."


"They are not incompetent, I'm just unwilling to sell them." he laid back on his bed lazily, picking up his iPad again. "I see that you are... 5% away from obtaining what you want and you realise that your offer is a little dull?"


"Was I that easy to read?" the deep voice chuckled.


"You're too greedy-" Sehun was about to end the phonecall when he heard a reply from the other party.


"Greed may not be good, but it isn't that bad either. You think greed is just for money and power but that is not entirely true, my friend." the voice chuckled again, as if mocking Sehun's simple mind. "Everyone wants something they don't have."


"You-" it wasn't how the man had liken greed to something positive or the way he laughed and taunted Sehun. It was because there was someone, saying the exact same sentence to him months ago. And his voice- it had a certain familiarity that he couldn't put a finger to.


"What makes you think I will help you?"
 

It was silent for a few seconds on the line, Sehun coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter