Testing Waters 01

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want to keep you by my side forever. 

 

 

It was a room of white that Jiyoon was sure that wasn't her room. Her apartment was old and dingy, certainly far from white. The window was wide open and the curtains billow, dancing in the gentle breeze. Her apartment was dark and musty and the most important thing was.


It had no windows.


Jiyoon's palms pressed against the bed creating small wrinkles as she tried to sit up but failed terribly, dropping back onto the bed with a thud. Strangely, her arms were feeling sore and hurting for no reason. From the corner of her eyes, she saw someone stir from the couch, yawning.


"You awake?" the middle-aged man spoke, smiling cheerfully at Jiyoon.


She blinked at him for a few seconds before pulling up her blankets protectively. "W-who are you? Why am I here?"


"Right, I forgot to introduce myself." The man scratched his head sheepishly, realising it must have scared her to wake up in a strange room with a stranger after what occured last night. "I'm Mr Ahn and you're in the hospital."


"Hospital?" Jiyoon couldn't recall what happened, she looked at him with her large eyes demanding an answer.


"Don't look at me like that, I'm no bad guy." Mr Ahn's hands shot up in defense. "I was the one who brought you here last night."


"Last night?"


"Do you remember what happened?"


Jiyoon paused, thinking for a moment before shaking her head. She remembered working in the cafe with Emily and she had to leave early for a date, then she headed to Phoenix for work before going home.


Studying her perplexed look, Mr Ahn knew that the event must have scared her, causing her to lose the memories the night before. The doctor has already informed him of such symptoms occuring so he was prepared. He ran a finger through his thinning hair, thinking of an appropriate explanation.


"You were attacked by a few drunkards last night and my student saw what happened, rushing to save you. I was there with him and called the police so thankfully they were all captured."


"Your student?"


"Yes, I'm the school principal of EXO High School. We were having a celebratory dinner last night in Hongdae because my student won the 58th Seoul Martial Arts Competition."


Jiyoon frowned, her eyebrows knitted with confusion. It wasn't what she remembered, or rather the events after she returned home was a black.


"Are you a high school s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter