Queer as Folk 06

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

v

By taking revenge, you're just running away from your sufferings.

“Is she going to be okay?”
 

“She’s always fainting these days.”


“I think we need a doctor.”


Jiyoon stirred slightly, thinking that the faint whispering were hallucinations. Only when she squinted her eyes opened, adjusting to the bright lights did she realise she wasn't. Much to her relief. She found herself lying on the bed back in her villa and the boys had their eyes on her worriedly.


"You're awake!" Chanyeol shouted, sitting on the edge of her bed. 


"How long have I been sleeping?" Jiyoon groaned as she sat herself upright, feeling a pang of pain on the back of her neck. It hurt badly. Just then, a glass of water was pushed to her face and she glanced up to see Sehun with a stoic expression.


"Water."


She could barely mutter a ‘thanks’ and sipped on the water slowly as she tried to recall what happen that night.


"An hour or so.-"


“Chanyeol, I told you there’s no such person.” Suho burst into the room, forehead glistening with sweat. His patience was running low and he was growing increasingly annoyed. "I met up with all the scare actors and no one was like how you described." 


“You think I’m lying?” Chanyeol pointed at Jiyoon's neck which was still bright red, “Well that’s proof.”


“Geez, I know you’re not lying.” Suho sat down on her bed, running a finger through his jet-black hair which was dripping wet with sweat, “The problem here is I can’t find this person.”


“One thing’s for sure, it isn’t a ghost.” Chen affirmed.


“It’s okay oppa,” Jiyoon croaked, they’ve almost forgotten she was in the room, “It might be a prank.”


“That is worse.” Kyungsoo spoke softly in the corner of the room but it was the same thoughts shared by all. “It’s dangerous.”


“You were in danger.” Chanyeol mumbled softly, looking away from Jiyoon. “And I couldn’t protect you.”


“Oppa,” Jiyoon grabbed his hand giving it a tiny squeeze, it wasn't his fault but he was acting like he did something wrong and unforgivable. “I’m fine and you protected me didn't you?”


“Princess,” Chanyeol looked at her as if he wanted to say something, “D-did the person say anything to you?”


“Mhm?” she shook her head feigning ignorance. "Nope."


Chanyeol frowned, it didn't quite match what he saw earlier back in the forest. "Are you sure? I clearly-"


"No," Jiyoon gave a weak smile, cutting him off. "What could the person say to me oppa-"


"Sorry, excuse me." Before she could complete her sentence, Chanyeol broke free from her grasp and walked out of the room abruptly, slamming the door shut. Chills ran down Jiyoon's spine when she saw Chanyeol's reaction. He looked very angry and it was the first time she saw him acting like that.


“I’ll go after him.”

 


"Hey man what's up." Kris said chilly in English, two hands stuffed in his jeans pocket as he sauntered towards Chanyeol. It was a cold night yet of all places he could choose to be, it had to be the balcony.
 

"Shut up." Chanyeol answered weakly, in the least mood to entertain the boy.


"I was just trying to cheer you up, guess that makes things worse." Kris shrugged. "Why are you acting so upset?"


"I'm not acting like I'm upset." Chanyeol rolled his eyes, leaning onto the railings. "I am upset."


"I clearly saw that person speak to her and now she's all mum and quiet!" he hit his hands on the wooden railings, causing the vibration to reach up to Kris's palms. "I don't get why she's always like this, always acting like she's a saint because she isn't and no one expects her to be."


"I really like her a lot you know," Chanyeol confessed, quickly adding before Kris could . "Not in the boy-girl way I'm sure of that but she's just a fun person to hang out with, plays car racing games with me and even lets me win in card games although she knows I'm cheating. But there's just one thing I really, really, really hate about her. That is how insanely kind she is to everyone even if someone was to harm her. I can still feel the chills on my spine right now when Jiyoon's cold hands wrapped themselves around my ankle begging me not to hit Hyerim and now she wants to let things go when someone wants to-"


Chanyeol heaved lightly trying to catching his breath. "She's dumb."


The words Kris wanted to say were stuck in his throat. It was evident how worked up Chanyeol was about it although he had no reason to be-


"I know I shouldn't be acting like this. I know I look like I'm an overreacting stubborn mule" Chanyeol continued, as if reading Kris's thoughts. "But she's someone special and I don't want anything to happen to you, to the boys or to her."


"She's part of us now."


"I know." Kris sighed, it was hard not to get attached because even a person like himself liked Jiyoon. Maybe a little lesser than Chanyeol or Xiumin was obsessed over her but he still treated her like a younger sister that he never had. He adored her and when he knew something like that happened, it was heartbreaking. "Suho will do something about it, and all we can do is wait."


"Yeah..." Chanyeol trailed off, looking at the dark moonless night. It was very cold, just like their hearts were right now.


"And you know, about Ahyoung-" Kris paused, studying Chanyeol's expressionless face.


"Don't make her wait for you just because you know she will."
 


It was only 20 minutes after the rowdy boys left her room that she heard rapid knocks on her door.


“Come in.”


The door creaked open with Kyungsoo standing at the door with a tray in his hands, still wearing his floral pink apron which the boys gave him as a birthday present the previous year with "IF I COOK, YOU EAT" words sewn onto it.


“I figured you may need some...”


A smile crept onto Jiyoon's lips when the aroma diffused in the room,“Chicken stew?”


“Bingo.” He laid the tray on the small table and she took in its heavenly scent. She loved his chicken stew the best out of all his other dishes.


“Mhmmm.” Jiyoon took a big mouthful, slurping. “It’s delicious as usual.”


Kyungsoo sat down beside Jiyoon, watching her slurp down the soup deliciously and occasionally looking up to give Kyungsoo a thumbs up.


"I really didn't know you could cook." Jiyoon spoke again in awe. "Really, you don't even look like you could cook."


"Judging much?" Kyungsoo teased.


"Yeah, never judge a book by it's cover~" Jiyoon chuckled, taking another bite into the chicken chunk.


“Did the person really not say anything?” Kyungsoo spoke, looking at Jiyoon warily. Her spoon halted right at her lips.


“Who?” 


Kyungsoo stared at her blankly, “The one who strangled you.”


She averted his gaze carefully, continuing to drink the soup. "N-no. Why would he?"


“Just in case.” He stood up, “When you’re done, put it by the door. I’ll pick the tray up later.”
 

 



“I think the person spoke to her.” Kyungsoo walked down the stairs calmly, informing the guys gathered in the living room. “She was stuttering and didn't even dare to look at me in the eye.”


"Blame it on your owl eyes." Tao slurred.


“I told you,” Chanyeol sighed in defeat, “She’s the type of person who keeps it all to herself.”


“You said you saw the person muttering something into her ear?” Suho wanted confirmation.


“I’m not blind. I thought she would talk about it but she didn’t.”
 

“We’ve got to be careful.” Lay warned, “It might be one of those crazy girls in school.”


“Come on guys,” Baekhyun tried to lighten the tensed atmosphere, the boys were sitting around in the living room for what seemed like ages, no television, no playful jokes. Nothing. “It might just be a joke like she said.”


“Strangling someone is not a joke.” Luhan shot back in annoyance.


“Sorry.” He muttered guiltily.
 


“Don’t go…” Jiyoon muttered in her sleep. She clenched her fingers on her blanket tightly, teeth gritted.


Birds chirped on the trees singing a cheerful song, waking Jiyoon up with a smile on her face. She almost forgot about the incident last night until she tried to sit up.


“Ouch.” she frowned when she caught sight of the blue-black forming on her neck.


“Aish, forget it.” Frustrated, she slipped on her slippers roughly and opened the door with a huge swing. To her dismay, something heavy landed at her feet.


“Oppa?”


Being a light sleeper, his eyes fluttered open.


“Ugh.”


“Why are you at my door?” Jiyoon tapped her feet impatiently, hinting him to remove his head off her feet.


Sehun pushed himself off the floor groggily and sat up. Still stretching his sore back, he tried to formulate an excuse


“Ah.... It was.... raining last night again.”


“And..?” she demanded a proper answer. Was he not here to ? Another prank of his? Maybe she should check her room for a hidden camera that he might use against her anytime.


“I though-“ Sehun cleared his throat, “I get sleepwalks when it rains.”


“Doesn’t make sense.” Jiyoon mumbled under her breath.


“Why am I catching you two here again?” Chanyeol stood at the stairs frowning, unhappy to see the duo yet again.


“I didn’t do anything.” Jiyoon raised her hands up. “He said he sleepwalked.”


"After knowing you f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter