Queer as Folk 09

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"One's company, two's a crowd and three's a party."
- Andy Warhol


"It's finally over!" 


The second their invigilator collected their test scripts and announced that they were dismissed, Jiyoon jumped out of her seat in delight feeling extremely grateful for the end of the torturous week. It had been nothing but hard work on her  part and she could almost feel the tears in her eyes. She was overwhelmed by her emotions and spun around intending to hug the first person she saw when she paused in motion, hands outstretched in the air.


"Don't touch me." Sehun pointed a wary finger.


"THE END!" Baekhyun embraced Jiyoon into a tight hug and twirled her around in circles. "Do you know that it was sooooooooooo hard trying to squeeze the entire history notes inside my head?"


"Because you're dumb." Sehun answered flatly, placing his black pen into his pencil case neatly.


"That's no way to talk to your hyung." Baekhyun released Jiyoon who felt dizzy from the spinning. "I know you're the smartest but that doesn't mean you can look down on a student who gets 52 in his level position."


"Or you mean the 2nd last among us?" Kai smirked playfully, leaning his chair back against Sehun's desk.


"Wait." Jiyoon tugged at Baekhyun's uniform, "You mean Sehun is the first?"


"You didn't know?" Baekhyun blinked at her as a matter of factly.


"He's first?!" Jiyoon pointed in horror at Sehun who was busy stuffing his study materials in his backpack. "You mean this guy?"
 

The first time they met, Jiyoon already branded the three boys as all-play-no-work category. The kind of students who'd flunk their examinations without a care in the world. How ironic it is when she finally found out that Sehun was in first position.


"Now you know," Sehun squinted his eyes at her devillishly, "Miss Smart ."


Usually by this time Jiyoon's sharp words would already be at the tip of her tongue, going for a comeback against Sehun but this time round she didn't utter a word. She was calculating in her head at the speed of light that since he came in first, he must be very, very, very ridiculously smart considering that Jiyoon never once saw him studying in the dorms. It was unfair how Jiyoon had been working so hard, studying every single day and then Baekhyun just had to drop the bomb that this kid here who never studies comes in first in cohort. 


But then again, since he was first- Jiyoon looked at Sehun with a twinkle in her eye.


"Get rid of that dirty smile on your face." 


Jiyoon's smile only grew wider as she thought of ways to break the question to Sehun.

"If you want me to tutor you," Sehun said, as if he could read her mind. "No."


"Why?!" Jiyoon cried out. "Sehun oppa~~~?"


"Heol, you don't even call me oppa normally." he was flabbergasted at Jiyoon's 360degree change in attitude. Was it because women were temperamental? He clearly remembered reading it in some book- what was the title again? Sehun swung his bag across his shoulder, still in deep thoughts. 


"Sehun oppa....." Jiyoon pouted, "Please?"


"Don't do that. You look even uglier than a pig."


The test was over but that didn't mean the school activities stop piling up. There was an upcoming drama play: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs  which kept Jiyoon busy. She even had to forsake her lunch break and rush to the practice room to make outfits almost everyday. If it was only her, it'd be good but it was a terrible headache because


"It's not safe." Chanyeol shook his head in disapproval. "We have to be there. What if Rina tries something on you again?"


"Seriously she's only a 16 year old kid what could she do?" Jiyoon rolled her eyes, not understanding Chanyeol's concerns. She had tried speaking to Rina privately but earned nothing in return except silence. But it was true that Rina hadn't been playing tricks anymore and didn't seem to be.


"Chanyeol is right, we should go with you." 


Jiyoon let out a groan at Xiumin's statement. "Not even you, oppa."


"I've never been to the drama club, is it big?" Baekhyun wondered aloud.


"Is there a mirror? I can practice dancing there." Kai joined in.


"Is there a pantry there?"


"What about my soccer games?"


"It's not like you play soccer during your lunch break."


"I do! But not everyday of course."


"So we're going to help Jiyoon with the drama props?"


That was how they ended up spending their break in the club room as well. It was terribly embarrassing. Embarrassment was an understatement for how Jiyoon was feeling right now. She practically wanted to dig a hole and bury her head in it for being accountable for the ten kids minus the student president and their matured Kyungsoo. The normally empty club room was now filled with sixteen people and she had to apologise for their tragically childish behaviour every single day.


"Baekhyun ssi," Minhee asked politely as she side-glanced the boy fiddling with her apple tree. "I'd appreciate it if you stop touching my prop."


"Are these real apples?" Baekhyun asked curiously and reached a finger out to poke at the flimsy plastic red apple. It dropped onto the ground with a loud thud. 


"Baekhyun oppa!" Jiyoon shouted frustrated at his nonsense. She could let him go for that if it was the first time but no. It was the 7th time he spoiled something in the room.


"That was the wind." He raised his hands and walked away from the crime scene, trying to act like it wasn't his fault.


Jiyoon eyed Luhan and Xiumin nervously while her hands were busy sewing the customes. They were making long passes with their soccer ball in the spacious room.


"Xiumin oppa, Luhan oppa-" she took a deep breath, "This is not a soccer field!"


Rina slammed her pencil on the table, "They're so noisy, I can't concentrate."


"I finally found someone who agrees with me." Kris chuckled heartily.


He was the only sane one in the room besides Kyungsoo and Suho who were sitting around a table and helping them with the props. Unsurprisingly, Kyungsoo was even good at sewing. Suho on the other hand was trying to learn from Junhee though there was still a very tensed atmosphere around them which Jiyoon couldn't quite put a finger to. Although Junhee was weird in her opinion, he was a nice person on the whole when it was something concerning about the drama club.


Jiyoon shuddered at the thought that it was the same person that strangled her in the haunted trail. Kai on the other hand was dancing to the classical music Lay was playing on the piano accompanied by Chen's angelic voice. Tao was nodding off in the corner of the room, arms wrapped around a white teddy bear prop twice his size. And Sehun being Sehun, sat at the same table and was only using his fabulous eye-power to help.


"Let's go over to that corner then." Jiyoon suggested to Rina kind-heartedly to which she flatly refused.


"No."


"When is your attitude going to change?" Kyungsoo clicked his tongue in displeasure. He couldn't understand why such a petite and sweet-looking girl like Rina could utter such rude comments.


Rina immediately felt ashamed of herself after hearing Kyungsoo's mindless comment and stood up, tugging at Jiyoon's sleeve. "Let's go there."


"Unnie." Kyungsoo hummed under his breath.


Rina chewed on her lower lips that was soon turning red. She didn't even dare to look at Kyungsoo who she thought must still be angry at her. "U-unnie."


They settled at a corner of the room along with Junhee because he refused to let Rina out of his sight. It was awkward, the first time she was being around them since that day at the chicken store.


"I'm sorry." Junhee spoke robotically, eyes glued on the prince's suit before he added, "If that's what you want to hear?"


"W-what?" Jiyoon blurt out, unable to process what's going on. Did Junhee just apologise for-


"For the haunted trail, I didn't mean to." Junhee continued, "I thought Rina was threatened by your existence."


"Threatened by my existence?" Jiyoon repeated carefully. "She likes Kyungsoo right?"


"Why are the two of you acting like I'm not here?" Rina pouted angrily, cheeks a flushed red at the mention of her favourite D.O oppa. "And you aren't supposed to say that out loud!"


"Mian." Jiyoon stuck out a playful tongue. She couldn't help but want to tease Rina for her huge crush on Kyungsoo and it was so very obvious when Rina acted so stiff and uncomfortable when Kyungsoo was around. "You like him don't you?"


"S-so? He's mine!" Rina tapped her pencil on her sketchbook childishly. "Although you're prettier, smarter and the same age as my D.O oppa, a-and maybe you can cook but I knew him first!"


"I didn't say I like him." Jiyoon raised an amused eyebrow.


"You don't?" Rina questioned suspisciously.


Jiyoon only nod her head in response. "Yeah."


"You really really really 101% have 0% feelings for him?"


"Yeah!"


"Oh my god why didn't you say so earlier!" Rina squealed in joy, "Junnie oppa! She doesn't like him!"


"Isn't that great?" Junhee smiled endearly at the girl, still focused on his sewing. "Rina must be very happy."


"Mhm!" she nodded her head delightfully at the wonderful news, turning back around to Jiyoon, she her lips nervously. "I-I, I didn't mean to hurt you, I thought you liked D.O oppa so... and you two were acting so close! Plus, uhm, plus I really like him alot."


"I can tell," Jiyoon chuckled softly.


"Unnie," it was the first time Rina has ever said those words and it stunned Jiyoon. "C-can you help me..."


Rina's cheeks reddenned and her soft gaze landed on Kyungsoo who was laughing at something said by Suho and Kris was rolling his eyes. This was the first time in such a long time she was this close to D.O oppa. It was fascinating to Rina that such a turn in events would come about and she needed to leap at the chance thrown at her.


Although Kyungsoo was a great guy, Jiyoon couldn't understand why Rina would like the boy when there were 11 of them, who might be better than him. And what was with the D.O oppa?


"C-can you help me.... D.O oppa... Jiyoon unnie I know you are very nice..." the girl stuttered in an incoherent sentence.


"Since you called me unnie," J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter