Guns N' Roses 08

An Angel's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And where were you, when I needed you most?


"We should get Chanyeol a gift for his birthday."


"Basketball?"


"Too common."


"Basketball jersey?"


"Didn't we buy him one last year and wasted a good 50,000won because I've never seen him worn it, ever."


"PSP? He loves car racing-"


"No way, his grades are already rock bottom."


"How about not giving anything at all?"


"Sounds like a good idea!" the boys chorused and Suho only huffed in annoyance. Surprisingly there wasn't anyone in the cafe or rather, Emily acting as the manager closed the shop for operations. They were scattered around the cafe feeling terribly lazy on an Autumn afternoon with soft music playing in the background, courtesy of Lay.


"Where's Sojin? We're almost done here." Xiumin gestured to Luhan to make a phonecall. He had been preparing a mini feast with Kyungsoo for their princess and the last two people were missing.


"She's gonna be here in 5."


"Don't you think Lay oppa is acting weird?" Jiyoon commented, staring at Lay. He was his usual self, sitting and playing the guitar alone. Then again, something was wrong and she couldn't put a finger to it. Maybe it was the way his fingers strummed against the guitar strings, a little melancholy added to the sounds it made. Or maybe it was the way he sat staring at the door looking as if he was waiting for someone.
 

"Mhm?" Sehun hummed, flipping his comic book.


"Nothing." she shook her head, getting back to the book she was half-way through.


Sehun peered up again to scrutinise the girl. She was nowhere near the description of an ideal beautiful asian girl although he never knew what that meant except that she looked different from the girls on magazines in convenience stores. But she had a calming effect on him like no one else could and that was what count.


His eyes drifted to the thick cast on her leg and he felt a sharp pang of guilt again.


"Oh-" Baekhyun took notice of the gleaming gol phone on the coffee table and grabbed it instinctly, wide-eyed. "Is this a phone?"


"No it's not," Chen's comment oozed with sarcasm. "It's a mug for god's sake."


"No no no-" Baekhyun shook his head and pointed at Jiyoon. "Is this your phone, Jiyoonie?"


"Yeah, Sehun oppa bought it for me-"


"Sehun bought it for you?" Tao uttered in disbelief, even Chen sat up from hearing it and took short glances between Jiyoon and Sehun."Did you just say Sehun? I'm not hearing things right?"


"Ugk-" Sehun coughed multiple times but did not deny what Tao said.


Baekhyun sat down beside Sehun and crossed his arms in all seriousness but the smile tugging on his lips did nothing to hide his teasing nature. "Sehun, tell me truthfully. You like Jiyoon don't you?"


"No!" Jiyoon sprang out of the chair before Sehun could say a single word. "He doesn't."


"Oooooh, someone's quick to defend her sweetheart~" Baekhyun sang cheekily, his eyes turning into tiny crescents.


"Yah Byun Baekhyun! Stop there, don't even try to move!" She was only chasing after Baekhyun with her lame feet to avoid the awkward situation at the table. Clearly unable to match up with his speed, she plopped down beside Lay on the couch to catch her breath. It was weird how her heart pounded so hard whenever she met eyes with Sehun recently or just the pure thoughts of him made her go blushing.


This is wrong.
 

"You like him." Lay stated plainly, a full stop to his sentence unlike Baekhyun. Jiyoon came back to reality with Lay's words and she paused, uncertain of what to say. He was always acting as the role of an elder brother for her and that was something she'd always be grateful for. But right now, she didn't know how to answer his statement.


"Don't lose each other." he continued. "If you love him, don't let him go."


"Recently I've been having a lot of dreams about Anqi. The way her thin lips arched upwards to laugh at my cold jokes, or her dancing to the same ballet piece over and over again like a broken recorder. I don't know why but whenever it happens I can never see her face and the only memory I have of her is the diary I have."


"But Jin, she reminds me of her these days."


There was a bad feeling churning in her that something was indeed wrong. Ever since yesterday, or even when Jin talked to her that day. Call it an woman's instinct but her sixth sense was always right. The bells on the door chimed and Jin showed up with a plate of steaming hot buns. She was wearing a baby pink apron over her casual tee and ripped jeans with white dough decorating it messily. She walked right to Jiyoon with a deep smile plastered on her face.


"Congratulations for the win and I'm sorry about-"


"Nah it's fine." Jiyoon brushed her off, it wasn't anyone's fault that she fell. "Luhan oppa was looking for you."


"Thanks and, I made these buns myself. It's been very long si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter