Chapter Twenty-Seven

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter twenty seven;

 

 

Hayoung's POV

 

He stared at me while biting onto his plump lips. He reached for my hand and gripped them, his large palm completely engulfing mine. He looked down at our hands as he said,

"Actually...I...Krys...Krystal is...She is pregnant."

Alright I'm pretty sure my jaw literally hit the ground just now. I stared at him for several moments as I couldn't find my voice to speak at all. 

"Are you serious?" It's the only thing I could manage to ask. 

Kai let of of my hand and pulled at his hair with both of his hands as he paced around. "I don't know! I can't believe I've been this careless!"

None of my limbs were functioning as I tried to process his words over and over again. Krystal is pregnant. Kai impregnated my cousin. They're barely 17. WHAAAT. 

"Kai...I think you should talk to your mom about this first," I said, sounding like a malfunctioning robot. 

Kai suddenly stopped and looked at me quizzically. "What? Why would I let my mom know about this?" 

"She's having a freakin' grandchild ofcours-"

"Wait wait wait. WHAT? No. NO." He shook his head while pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Hayoung, Krystal is NOT having MY child." 

Okay I'm pretty sure now that all of my organs had stopped functioning, including my brain. I stood there silently waiting for him to continue. 

Kai heaved a long sigh before he said, "It's...it's Sehun's. Krystal has been sleeping around behind my back with her ex." 

Yes, this time my mouth dropped and  shot right through the ground and reached the magma.

Oh my god. Talk about being a ! A few days back we caught her with Luhan and now this?! Even the thought of sharing the same blood as hers disgusts me. How is she supposed to be a mother with a personality like that? 

I shook my head with disbelief. I cannot believe this. It's only a matter of time till the news of her being HIV positive reaches out. 

Kai reluctantly walked and stood infront of me. He scratched the back of his neck while staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry, I know we're not the same as we used to be before. But you've always been the person I came running to whenever something had me frustrated. I really miss that."

I looked at him with wide eyes and blinked. And blinked. Um, okay. I really didn't know what to reply to that. I bit on my bottom lip as I looked anywhere but at him.

"I...I'm glad you came. Krystal is my cousin after all. But I really don't know what I can do in this mess you got yourself into. I'm sorry, Kai."

Kai sighed with parted lips and nodded. He looked back at me and forced a smile on his face. I could see a hint of sadness in his eyes as they bore into mine. I didn't know what that was meant for though. 

"Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow, I guess." 

I nodded  and headed back towards my house. I looked back one last time and found him standing at the same stop, staring at me. I awkwardly waved at him and rushed through the door. I let out a breath of relief as soon as I got inside. Damn, that was one weird encounter back there. 

I was about to head upstairs when I saw a giant sized jerk leaning against the wall. I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"What?" 

Kris had a blank expression on his face as he looked straight ahead, not bothering to acknowledge my presence. 

"I heard," was that he said. 

I let my head fall against the door behind me as I groaned in frustration. Great! Let's add one more person into the 'the secret deeds of our highschool queenka" drama. 

"There's something called privacy you know," I snapped at him. 

He seemed to be in some sort of deep thought before he finally locked eyes with mine. I waited for his response for one second, two second, three second...

You know what, just forget about it. I don't need for him to respond. He has pissed me off beyond words already today, I don't have it in me for another fight or anything. 

I pushed myself off the door and headed straight for my room, making sure to bump my shoulder with Kris on the way. As soon as I got inside my territory otherwise known as my room, I threw myself on the bed. I lied on my back as I stared up at the ceiling. Damn. Everyday keeps getting more and more dramatic than before. I don't even have the balls to think what my parents would do if I got pregnant at this age. Don't get me wrong, my parents have always been supportive of me for as long as I've known. I wouldn't say they have ever been really strict on me. But when it comes to violating certain rules, they made sure to let me know that disowning me wouldn't be a very tough thing in this country. 

I forced my eyes to shut and let out a long sigh. Let's just hope tomorrow won't be a worse day. 

 

 

"Mom! I'm leaving!" I yelled with a toast in my mouth while I struggled to put on my shoes. Class starts in 15 mins and it's safe to say that I'm very very late. I rushed past the door as soon as I was done putting on my shoes. I started to run when I came to an halt right when I reached the main gate. What is that pillar doing here? 

"In case you didn't know, we're very late for school." I said with mocked politeness. 

Kris just blankly stared at me while standing there like he had all the time in the world. I rubbed my eyebrows as I let out a frustrated growl. 

"I give up!" I said with exparation as I ran past him. 

I could feel him following behind me as I walked as fast as I could. That jerk had such long legs he didn't even have to run to keep up with me. Just a few long strides and he'd be right beside me. The world is so unfair. 

I heard the bell ring just as I reached the school entrance. The hallway was nearly empty with just a few students rushing to their classrooms. I did the same. Kris was behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter