Chapter Twenty-Three

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

;chapter twenty three;

Hayoung's POV

 

I squeezed the phone and pressed it hard against my ears as I stared ahead. Without even knowing, my other free hand curled into fist and my teeth gritted. 
Sunny. The name I never wanted to utter again. The face I never wanted to be reminded of again. The voice I never wanted to hear again.  My ex best friend. 

"Yes." The only word I managed to get out of my throat. I didn't want to hear her voice again, but I've had enough of running away from reality. I needed to face her someday. And the earlier I do, the lighter I'd feel.

" Hayoung-ah.." I hated the way my name came out of . In fact, I hated her. The ultimate betrayer. And the fact that she turned into one of Seohyun's slaves was enough to make me despise the hell out of her. 

"It'd be better if you could be quick because I've my class starting in 5 minutes." I seethed. Rude or not, I don't give a . 

" Erm..yes. Actually I wanted to talk to you about the reunion." 

" I'm not going there." My reply came out almost instantly. Now this whole 'reunion' thingy really made me suspicious. 

" Hayoung-ah, if it's about the past-" 

"Stop. I don't want to talk about it. And yeah, it's about the past.  I've had enough betrayals already, Sunny-sshi. I've just had enough. And I don't want disgusting characters pop  into my life and pollute it once more. And I also don't wish to see their face ever again. That should be enough reasons for me to not go to the reunion. So I'm hanging up." 

I hung up and shoved the phone inside my bag.  Leaning my head against the locker, I sighed. Can my life get anymore complicated? Oh yeah, why not? It's Lee Hayoung's life after all. I'm sure if my life was a movie, it'd be super hit because of all the dramas. 

I straightened and dusted my fringes. No matter how much the idea of going back home and snuggling back into my blankets seemed tempting right now,  I need to face everyone and make everything right. I've had enough of running. Now I need to show them who the real Hayoung is. 

Puffing my cheeks with air, I headed towards the classroom. And so begins another adventurous day of my life.  

 

 

I entered the classroom and at the same time the bell rung. Students started to rush back into the classroom, bumping and squeezing me. 
"Ah ouch! Hey! Yah do you want to die! Stop squeezing meeee!" I wiggled trying to make my way to my desk, but to no avail.  Why do we have some many friggin' students! I breathed out, completely devastated. 

I was about to start pushing people when I felt  some strong pair of hands grabbing both sides of my waist and lifting me slightly off the ground. My eyes widened and I rotated my head to look at Mr.Strong Hands.

 Kris Freaking Wu. Aish. Do I always have to be rescued by him or what? I turned my head towards the front with a grumpy look but I stayed still anyway. It's been a while since the last time I've been carried by someone. So it was actually fun.

He landed me on the ground gently as soon as we reached our desks. He went to his sit without making any eye-contact with me.  I went towards my desk,  giving him the suspicious look all the while.  

"I know I'm handsome. But you drooling is disgusting me." He spoke as he placed his elbows on the desk and rested his chin on his entwined hands, while looking at the front. I scoffed at him. 

" Oh please. You're probably all plastic anyway." I retorted while cringing my nose. 
"Oh yeah? You should also probably get some plastic in there as well. I'm really worried for your future baby." He said while pointing towards my chest with his index finger. 

He did not-

"You ert!" I whisper-yelled at him while crossing my arms over my chest with a shocked expression. 

Before I could use my ninja skills on the jerk beside, the teacher came. 
Okay, I'll save that for later. I can't reveal my ninja identity to my classmates anyway. 


 

The classes went by as usual. The jerk didn't even glance at me once during the whole time. Even during the lunch break, he got up as soon as the bell rang and disappeared into thin air. And as much as I hate to admit it, it was bothering me. I mean, I should be happy that he has finally decided to leave me alone and stop pissing me off. But, oh well. Just when I thought things couldn't get anymore complicated. 

The last bell rang and students rushed out of the classrooms. I stayed on my seat, waiting for the crowd to lessen. I yawned as I wandered my eyes around the classroom. As expected, no trace of the jerk. Good for me.

However something else at the corridor caught my attention. There stood a lazy looking Kim Jong In and an overly excited Jung Soo Jung in front of the huge corridor windows.  I narrowed my eyes at them, trying to make out their faces. Krystal seemed to be beaming while Kai looked the complete opposite. It was quite an interesting thing to see since it had been the complete opposite until now. What could they be talking about?

Oh! Krystal read in the same middle school as us. Heh. How could I forget. She's probably overly excited about the reunion. 

I shook my head before getting up and swinging my backpack over my shoulder. It's their business. I shouldn't be a nosy person, really. And I ain't going to the reunion anyway. 

 

 

I reached home after 20 minutes of walking. Yeah, school wasn't that near from my house. But I'm used to walking and all that stuff.I liked walking in fact. It sometimes helps me clear my mind. In the past whenever I got hurt by Kai, not physically, but emotionally, I used to go for walks. Exhaustion was better than pain I guess.  

I closed the door behind me as I got inside. I heard some ruffling and cluttering coming from the kitchen, meaning my mom's cooking. I headed upstairs without making any sound. Although I barely did anything today, I was more exhausted than ever. Physically? Not really. Emotionally? I guess. 

As soon as I reached the second floor, I came face to face with the jerk. He was wearing his usual cold expression. We just stood there and stared at each other for 1 minute before he looked away and headed downstairs. Weird. Was he mad at me? For what? For kicking him out of my room like a ninja last night? I mean, he was totally checking me out while I was in deep slumber. He should've expected that reaction from me. 

I went to my room and locked the door. Throwing my bag on my bed, I went to the washroom to take a long comforting shower. I really needed that right now. Warm showers help to cool off my head. Although it should be the other way around. Whatever. 

I came out of the washroom while wiping my wet hair with the fluffy towel. I headed towards the dresser, grabbed my iPod and plopped myself on the bed. My iPod is my one and only friend right now. I put on my earphones as I lied on my back. I closed my eyes as soon as the song started playing. I was dozing off to sleep when suddenly I felt something vibrate on my belly. My eyes shot open and I looked over to my belly immediately. It was just my phone. I sighed in relief. Thank god it wasn't a bug. I surely would've freaked out seeing that ugly creature ting on my stomach. 

I grabbed my phone and lifted it off my stomach. I slid my thumb across the screen and unlocked it. 1 new message, is was it said. I clicked on the messages icon and the message popped up. It was from Kai.  

From: Kai
Sub: --
Can we meet? It's important. 
 

Erm..okay? I really have no idea what important thing we have left between us to talk about. But I replied him an okay and told him to meet me outside anyway. I pulled out a thin pink cardigan from my closet and wore it over my black tank top before grabbing my phone and leaving my room. 

 

I stood outside while leaning against the brick wall of my house. As always, I'm the one to arrive first even though he was the one to ask. 

" Hey!" Kai came jogging towards me before stopping a feet away from where I was standing. 
" Hi." 
He was wearing his maroon striped shirt with black tight jeans and a pair of worn out sneakers. Sometimes he makes me wonder how he always manages to look so good. I looked really dull and boring compared to him. " So what's up?" 

Kai gave me tight smile which was meant to look fake. " Uh everything's cool. I just wanted to tell you something about the reunion-"
" Kai I'm not going there.  You know the rea-"
" It's not about you not going there." He cut me off. It's not? Oh, okay.  

He cleared his throat before meeting my gaze. He was wearing an expression which I couldn't really make out. He seemed..sympathetic? 
"What happened to your facebook?" He asked seriously. 
"Erm..I deactivated it. It's of no use. I don't have any friends to chat with and I'm not really fond of internet friends, you know that." I replied. Although it was the truth, I did feel a pang of sadness when I said I had no friends. You were my one and only friend, you . 
 

"Oh." is what he replied. I stared at him for awhile, waiting for him to say something but he never does. So the important thing he wanted to talk about was the reason behind the disappearance of my facebook acc.? Okay. 
"Actually..you see.." he finally started to talk. " You see a few minutes ago, Seohyun added me to a group conversation consisting all of our middle school classmates." He had Seohyun in his friend list? Okay.
 
" At first we talked about our current lives and how many of us are dating and all those stuffs when Seohyun brought you up." I internally gasped. Shiit. This was getting worse. I could tell that. 
" She wrote she was wondering if you were coming to the reunion or not and...and that's when people started to talk ...about you." I sighed. Yeah, I expected that. They would. That's so them.

I held out my palm towards Kai. He looked at it and gave me a confused look. " Give me your mobile." I said as I shook my hand in front of him.
He looked hesitant at first but gave it to me anway. I slid my thumb across the screen and unclocked it. Finding the Facebook Messages icon, I tapped on it. It kind of surprised me how easily Kai let me check his personal messages. Like the old time, he has nothing to hide from me. While on the other hand, I'm hiding a bunch from him. Makes me feel guilty. 

I shook my  head and focused on the messages. There was a group named "The Reunion" with a stupid smiley beside it. I could tell it was Seohyun was the one to create it from first glance. I tapped  on the group  and scrolled upwards to find my name. And yeah I found it. 

Seo Seohyun: I wonder if Lee Hayoung will come to the reunion?
Hwang Soah: Who? That ugly who used to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter