Chapter Twenty-Four

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

;chapter twenty four;

 

 

Hayoung's POV

 

I stood there stiff as a statue as Kai started to approach us. I felt Kris's grip tighten around my hand. 
" Hey." Kai greeted as he stood in front of me while staring at Kris. He didn't even spare me a glance, nope. 
"Hi." Okay, my voice came out really awkward.

Kai finally tore his eyes off Kris and looked at me. But just like before, they were emotionless. He was making me feel guilty for no reason. Gosh, this guy's got some skills. 

And just like that, we stood there awkardly with him staring at me, Kris staring at him and me just standing there looking like a erm..potato. 

"I thought you said you weren't coming." he finally spoke up, coldness dripping from his voice. Oh yeah. 
"Had some change in plans at the last minute." I didn't know what else to reply. I didn't want to reveal about my mother going all superwoman to send me to this crappy reunion. 

He gave Kris an once-over before saying, " Would've it been so hard to infrom me this? And wow, you even had your date prepared." 

I sighed. I had no idea what his problem was. I mean yeah, I should've informed him and all but that wouldn't have changed anything. He was acting as if I'd cheated or betrayed him or something. 
I met his eyes sternly. "Why are you acting like a possesive brother?" His eyes widened in disbelief before he let out a scoff.
"Like I said, it was decided in the last minute and I was really busy getting ready. And ofcourse I'd have my date prepared. He's..he's my b-boyfriend.. Who else would have I came with?" 

Something seemed to click in him as his eyes turned fierce and his jaw tightened. He glared at me and then at Kris before turning around and sprinting off.
I blew out the breath which I didn't even know I'd been holding this whole time. I sighed and turned to look at Kris. He had a deep frown plastered on his face and he looked pissed. I figured he would. 

"So... what are we going to do here?" I asked.  He narrowed his eyes at me. 
"How am I supposed to know that?" 
"Well let's go home then!" I beamed, already starting to walk but he pulled me back with our entwined hands. Urgh I shouldn't have let him hold my hands in the first place. 
"We're not going anywhere. We're staying here until the reunion ends and you're going to talk to your classmates now." I scoffed and gave him an incredulous look. Me and talk to them? Hahaha. Not happening in this life of mine. End of discussion. 

I pulled my hand out of his grip and crossed my arms over my chest. I turned to look at anything but this particular jerk, which however was a bad decision. Wherever I looked, I was meet by at least 30 pair of eyes. I mean, what the hell? Do they not have anything better to do other than staring at me? I mean I know this is a really boring ty reunion but that does not give them the right to shamelessly stare at me as if it's the first time they've seen a girl. With a hot date. Did I just call the jerk hot? No. 

I slowly craned my neck towards Kris with a awkward grin plastered on my face, deciding it's the safest place to look at in this situation. He smirked at me. He knows what I'm thinking, doesn't he? That jerk. 

"Omo! Hayounggie?!" some extremely high-pitched sugar-coated voice called from behind. I swear I almost lost my hearing ability. I turned around to look at the owner of the voice, not that I'd have to 'cause I already know who the owner is. This voice could belong to none other than Seo ing Hyun. 

As soon as I turned, I was embraced by a soft delicate body which could also belong to none other than Seo Hyun. Yeah she might be a , but I would have to admit she's got a nice body and pretty face. The es always get everything, no? 

But wait a second. WAIT A ING SECOND.  Is she friggin' hugging me?! W.H.A.T.
Her arms were wrapped around me while I just awkwardly stood there like a erm...potato. What? I like potatoes okay? Okay. 

Getting no response from me, she finally pulled away with an awkward laugh. I have to use awkward after every sentence. Yeah, this reunion is that awkward.
"Aww Hayoung-ah~ You've gotten so much prettier! I'm so jealous of you now." Was that really her voice? Because I'm pretty sure I heard my 4 year old cousin having that same tone and accent like hers. I think Seo Hyun borrowed my cousin's voice.  Hashtag sarcasm. My cousin's voice sounds better than hers.

You saw the way how her eyes kept glancing at Kris every 2 seconds? Well I did. And I now know her intentions pretty well. My face hardened without me even knowing. "Thank you." is all I managed to say with an extremely low-pitched voice. I sounded like a dying cow. Not that I care. 

And then, her attention was fully shifted towards Kris. She gave him one of her famous flirty smiles, you know the ones where she looks like one of those smiling evil cats you see in cartoons.

"Hello! I'm Seohyun, Hayoung's middle school classmate. It's nice to see such a handsome man around here." Handsome man whom she can eye- all night? Tsk. 

Kris's eyes widened slightly and he glanced towards me. Oh yeah, I did tell him about Luhan cheating on me with Seohyun during his 'Who wants to be a millinare' session with me. So he does remember her. 
Kris eyes shifted back at Seohyun with his usual cold, emotionless demeanor, which he usually reserves for school. He held out one of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter