Chapter Twenty-One

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

( long chapter ahead because author-nim loves you ;A; ♥ )

;chapter twenty one;

Hayoung's POV

 

" I changed after I fell in love with Kai. " I said it. Damn, why the hell do I have to reveal my whole past to him? Is he planning to write a biography book on me? Well, there's nothing the jerk cannot do.

I saw Kris's expression harden at my reply and he just stood there giving me a hard stare. Really, you were the one to ask me so you can't judge me now, hmph. I know I must seem like those typical gullible middle school girls falling in love with the school's most popular guy and all, but it's not like I fell for him because of his popularity and good looks. I fell for him because he actually made me feel loved and he became someone whom I could finally trust after having been gone through all those betrayals. But it seems he wasn't worth my trust either, after all. Dude, we're talking about Lee Hayoung's life. If I was expecting a trustful person to appear in my life, I was probably asking for a miracle to happen.  So much for a normal life. 

I was pulled back from my trance of thoughts when the door to my room abruptly opened, revealing a shocked mother. She stared at us as if it's the first time she's seen a human boy and  a human girl in her 40 years of life. I was busy giving my mother the weird look when I realized something.

KRIS FREAKIN' WU IS STILL WEARING NOTHING BUT A TOWEL!

Shiet shiet shiert shiet shiet. What the hell do I do? I ever so slowly craned my neck to the front to look  at the giant who was... 

STILL STARING AT ME. Does he even realize what kind of situation we're in right now? Oh right! He's Kris Wu, he doesn't have a brain. 

I started to have a silent panic attack before my mother decided to speak up. 
" What are you two doing?" she asked as she eyed me and Kris while her eyes remained the same size as that of saucers'. 
" Kris burge- I mean came to my room to bath- I mean Mei Li-"
" Mei Li wouldn't come out of my room so I had to use Hayoung's bathroom to wash up. " Kris coolly replied after he had finally tore his scary stare off me and turned around to face my mother. 

My mother heaved a sigh of relief as she laughed at her own stupid thoughts. Why, is it wrong if I do something with Kris? OMG does my mother like Kris?! ..Just joking. 

After she had finished laughing, she told us to get changed and go downstairs for evening snacks. Wait evening? Didn't even realize how time passed so fast. My mother shut the door close, leaving me and Kris alone in the room, again. I had expected him to continue his research on my past and I was really wrong as he did the complete opposite. As soon as my mother left, he went straight to the washroom, got changed and left my room without sparing me a single glance.  

Okay, that was weird. Is he mad at me? Dear lord, guys are really complicated. 

 


No one's POV

Kris walked out of Hayoung's room wearing a stony expression. He was feeling really pissed for some reason. When Hayoung revealed her past to him, he was actually feeling quite sympathetic towards her. She had to go through a lot during Middle School. He had always seen people getting bullied around him but he didn't really care to help them out. However, after hearing Hayoung's story, he had a sudden urge to protect her and wished he could've been there for her at that time. (a/n: sho chessy =='')

But as soon as she revealed the part of her changing because of Kim freakin' JongIn, he could feel his stomach churn and his veins popping. He hated it  when she  smiled while pronouncing his name. He hated how Kai was there for her when he wasn't.  Not that he bears some personal grudge against him, it's just that he doesn't like to see Hayoung with Kai or even think about it. Kris is definitely not a KaiYoung shipper. Definitely not.   

After heaving a long sigh and calming his mind, he decided to proceed towards his room which was currently occupied by his little sister who had been crying her eyes out because her boyfriend, who had been caught hugging his brother's girlfriend. Okay, truth to be told,  after hearing Hayoung out, Kris kind of started to dislike Luhan. Not that he hates him completely, but doesn't sees him as a 'good' friend anymore. Well he has yet to listen to Luhan's side of the story though. As if he can start to hate his 3 years long friend all of a sudden. 

Kris stood in front of his room's door, debating on whether he should knock on the door or not. It's funny how The Wu Yi Fan was kind of scared of his own little sister. Mei Li has been a troublesome kid since childhood, but even though she may seem quite mean, she's actually got a kind heart inside. It's just that, she rarely shows her kind side to people. 

Before Kris could even come up with a decision on whether he should knock or not, the door to his room abruptly opened, revealing a red and swollen eyed Mei Li. Kris was right. She had indeed been crying this whole time. 

" Oppa, I'm going to go and meet Luhan Oppa now. " she spoke. Kris looked at her as if she's crazy.
" Are you like serious? It's 8pm and it nearly takes an hour to reach Luhan's place. If you go now, you won't be able to return before 11. And do you remember who our mom is? Or do I need to remind you?" Kris looked at her sternly as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

Mei Li sighed as she massaged her temples before shifting her gaze back at her annoying elder brother. 
" Fine. I'll take Hayoung with me. Then mom's going to have no problem with it. Moreover, that girl plays a big role in this whole drama. So she's also going to be needed there. " Mei Li retorted before she started to walk away only to be stopped by her irritating elder brother.

" I am NOT letting Hayoung go to Luhan's place. " Kris spoke with a  cold voice as he gave her a stern glare. Mei Li shoved Kris's hands from her shoulder before turning around to fully face him. " Oh, my bad. I almost forgot that you love your beautiful new girlfriend more than your own little sister. Even after she did all that, you're still taking her side. Wow brother, I'm proud of you. " Mei Li scoffed. 

Kris sighed as he massaged his temples. His sister was getting on his nerves this time. " Mei Li, first of all, Hayoung did nothing. It was Luhan who hugged her, not her. Don't think so lowly of her. Moreover she's your senior, talk with respect unless you forgot your manners. " Kris spoke with cold voice as he continued, "I'll take you to your boyfriend's house. And we can also take Hayoung with us if you want. I want to get this whole drama over with. "  Mei Li  merely nodded before telling Kris to get Hayoung while she's waiting outside. 
 

 

 

 

Kris successfully knocked on Hayoung's door this time and  stood there wearing a monotonous expression. He heard some rustling and rumbling before the door opened and Hayoung stood beside the door with an annoyed frown on her face. " What is it now?" she asked as she crossed her arms. She thought the jerk was mad at him, so why was he showing up in front of her door again? 

" I want you to go to Luhan's place with me, right now. " Hayoung eyes widened as she straightened. She scoffed before looking at Kris as if he was some crazy psychopath.  
" Yah, you drunk?" she asked him faking a serious expression. Kris pinched the bridge of his nose and ran his hand through his hair locks  before grabbing Hayoung's wrist and dragging her out of the house, ignoring the continuous complaints coming out of . 

He wants this whole drama to end before he would explode. 

 

 

The car halted to a stop as they finally reached their destination, which in other words, was Luhan's place. Throughout the whole journey, Kris had to keep his hand clamped over Hayoung's mouth in order to stop her from screaming and making his almost deaf ears from becoming  deaf any further. However, he had to deal with the extreme uneasy feeling on his chest due to Hayoung's lips moving on his palms. They were soft and warm and he felt as if they were melting on his palms.  

After Mei Li got out of the car, Kris had to forcefully pull Hayoung out of the car as the said person wouldn't budge from her place and would rather sit their grumpily with her arms crossed.  After successfully getting the grumpy cat out of the car, Kris heaved a breath of victory. He was literally panting at this stage.  

Hayoung got out of the car wearing a grumpy expression. She was literally glaring at every single person or thing she could find. She bit her bottom lip to suppress the extreme irritation which she was feeling at the moment. She looked over to the jerk and saw him panting. Hmph, serves him right, she thought as she blew on her bangs. 

" Let's go. As far as I know, he lives on the 14th floor." Kris finally spoke up after he was done catching his breath. Hayoung looked in front of her and traced her vision along the 25 floored building.  It was huge and it looked quite luxurious. We no wonder, this is so Luhan's style. But she was feeling sort of weird. The place looked kind of familiar to her. Has she been here before? She squinted her eyes as she stared closely at the building. I'm so sure I've been here before, she thought as she bit the insides of her cheek. After 2 minutes of staring, she still couldn't remember. Heaving a sigh, she craned her neck to the side and saw Kris staring at her. But he looked away as soon as their eyes met. What the... 


 

Pressing the elevator's button, Kris, Hayoung and Mei Li stood there silently. They were surrounded by an awkward aura and the reason was too obvious.  Hayoung kept biting her lower lip trying to remember when she visited this place, while Kris kept staring at her and Mei Li kept on fiddling with her fingers, nervous because she had no idea how she's going to talk with Luhan. 

" What are you guys doing here?" a voice spoke up breaking the silence. Everyone turned their heads to the source of the voice and their eyes widened. There stood a person who was least expected to appear here, Kim Jong In. 
" What are YOU doing here?" Hayoung asked, pointing towards him while frowning. 

" I...I'm here to meet Krystal." Kai replied while his gaze shifted back and forth from Hayoung and the ground. 
" Oh! Now I know! " Hayoung exclaimed causing her to gain weird looks from the siblings. She cleared awkwardly before muttering, " No wonder this place seemed familiar." 

" What are you guys doing here?" Kai repeated his question yet again. 
" We're here to meet Luhan." Kris replied coolly as he inserted his hands inside his pant pockets. Kai could feel his blood boil at the mention of Luhan's name. His fists clenched like out of reflex. 

" I didn't know he lived here." Kai said as he shifted his gaze towards Hayoung. Hayoung shrugged her shoulders before turning around to face the elevator. The elevator produced a 'ting' as it arrived. They were about to step inside the it but the scene in front of them caused them to stop in their tracks. 

The scene in front Hayoung evoked nostalgic memories of her middle school days. This scene seemed so familiar yet new. She turned her gaze towards Mei Li and she could see the old Hayoung standing there, breaking in pieces. The scene was the same, but consisting of  different characters. The pitiful character here was not her, but Mei Li. The winning character here was not Seohyun, but Krystal. However one character successfully maintained his role as a disgusting bastard, it was Luhan.

" Oppa..." Mei Li breathed as she fought back the tears while staring at her boyfriend who was currently embracing another girl as he fiddled with her hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter