Chapter Fourteen

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter fourteen;

 

Hayoung's POV


I ran through the stairs as fast as my legs could take me.  I felt like something was stuck in my throat but the more I gulped, the more it hurt.

I finally reached my room door. I pushed the door open and got inside, slamming the door closed. I plopped myself onto my bed as I layed flat on the stomach.

I could feel the pillow-covers getting wet. I grabbed the bed sheets with my fists as I shut my eyes tightly. It's Luhan. It's that Luhan. 
The one who had shattered my heart into tiny little pieces. The one and only reason why I had a hard time believing in the word 'Trust' was him.  

I opened my eyes as I sat up on my bed.  I cupped my face as I wiped the tears with my fingers.  I got up and headed towards the washroom.

I entered the washroom as I walked towards the basin. I looked at myself in the mirror placed above the basin. My heart stopped beating for a moment. I could feel my legs turning numb, causing me to hold the basin for support. 

I saw see her in the mirror. 

I could see the old Hayoung.

I could see the old broken Hayoung. 

Tears started to stream down my cheeks  as I recalled my past. 

My painful past. 

 

 

[ Note: Cursive Writing = Past/ Flashback ]

Middle School; First Year

 

" Hayoung-ah!" I looked behind and saw my best friend Sunny running towards me clumsily. Being clumsy just made her more cute.

I smiled seeing her. She waved at me acting like a fangirl who just saw her idol wandering on the streets. 

She finally reached me as she bend and cupped her knees, panting heavily. 

' Yah yah. What's with the hurry? You're not late so don't worry." I said as I held her by the shoulders.

" Really?! Yay! Let's go together!" She beamed with her usual energetic girly voice as she clung to my arms.

" Aish. This girl." I smiled as we headed to our class. A lot of people greeted me on the way and some guys blushed as I walked passed them. 

It's my usual routine. I was no wonder the popular girl of this middle school. But I was not like those y-popular girls you see on TV and fictions. I was popular because of my beautiful personality and .....beauty. 

We reached the classroom. Sunny let go of my arms and held my hands instead. We entered the classroom and almost all the students greeted me happily. I greeted them back showing my usual eye-smile that everyone loved.

I headed towards my seat greeting everyone in the process. I placed the books for the period on the table as I fixed my skirt.

Suddenly I felt someone covering my eyes with both of his palms. 

" Guess who?" He whispered into my ears, resting his chin on my shoulder. I could already tell who it was from the body-scent.

" Luhan." I whispered as my lips spread into the widest grin ever. 

Luhan uncovered my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me waist. 

" Good Morning." he greeted snuggling his face into my neck. I giggled feeling ticklish.

"Good Morning." I greeted back.  He let go of my waist as he held my shoulders and turn me around to face him.

" We'll meet during the lunch-time. But I can't wait. I miss you already!" He whined. I smiled at his childish behavior.

" Don't worry. Just dream about me during classes, just like you usually do. " I playfully stoke my hair doing a diva pose.

Luhan snickered. We both laughed as bade eachother goodbye. I went sat on my seat grinning happily.

My life was just perfect. I had everything I needed.  A lovely best friend, a loving boyfriend and being loved by everyone- I had all of it. 

I thought these were all permanent. I thought I'll have them by my side forever. But..

I was wrong.

I was really wrong. 

All of these were gone in a blink of an eye after she appeared. 

 

 

 

Middle School; 2nd Year

 

Everything has changed ever since that new transfer student Seohyun has appeared. At first I thought she was really cute and lovely girl. But I was wrong. She wasn't even the tiniest bit of lovely. Although she was cute, she was a total inside. 

Let me tell you a  incident I had with her;

A few days ago we had a Math test. I am actually really good at Maths . As usual, my test went awesome. And after a few days, Ms.Kim returned everyone their test papers. But the only persons who didn't get their test papers were Me and Seohyun. Ms.Kim called us to her office. And she told us that she found that all the answers in our test papers were exactly same. The methods, the answers; everything. Ms. Kim informed us that whoever copied the other's answers would be getting a severe punishment. And if we don't admit our wrong doings now, the punishment would be more severe.

My jaw literally dropped. Did Seohyun copy all of my answers?!  How could she?!

 But the next thing that happened made my jaw drop on the floor.  Seohyun started cry and  scream at me for copying her answers.
" WHY DID YOU COPY MY ANSWERS! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU! I STUDIED SO HARD FOR THIS TEST AND NOW I'M GETTING ACCUSED BECAUSE OF YOU!" She screamed as he collapsed on the floor crying.I could already see a crowd gathered outside the office. They had probably seen all of it. I stood there frozen. I actually had thought this girl was really nice and had a beautiful personality. And everyone in the school also started to like her alot ever since she transferred here. She was actually replacing my place in everyone's heart but I wasn't jealous at all. Because I actually thought she  better than me. But I was totally wrong. She is all fake. 

" Lee Hayoung, is it true? You copied her answers? " Ms.Kim asked in a disbelief tone. She could never imagine me doing this.

" Yes." I said as I blankly stared at Seohyun. I saw her lift her head and looking at me with wide eyes. I smiled as I turn my head to face Ms.Kim. " I'm ready to take any punishment you give me. " I said. After that Ms.Kim told Seohyun to leave. She left and Mrs.Kim and me were the only people in the room. 
" I forgive you. But this is the first and last time.. "  Mrs.Kim said. I gave her a grateful smile but the sadness could be seen. 
I stood up and was about to leave when Mrs. Kim called from behind. I turned my head towards her direction.
" By the way, I know you weren't the one, Hayoung- ah. " She smiled as she got back to her work. 

 

From that day, no one in the school talked to me. The reason I took the blame on me at that time was because my mother had always told me " Don't punish  a bad by being bad. Punish a bad by being good. "  

I actually already presumed all the hard stares I'll be getting from my schoommates because of the trouble I caused to their precious Princess. But the one who hurt me the most was my own best friend Sunny. Ever since Seohyun appeared, Sunny had been acting very distant with me. And after that incident, you could say she doesn't even spare a glance at me. 

I entered the classroom. I could already see the disgusted faces my classmates were throwing at me. But I chose to ignore them. I can't believe they were the one who used to crave for my attention a few months ago. 

I sat on my seat blankly staring at the white board at the front. Luhan barely came to see me now-a-days. But he would still text and talk on the phone. But we barely talked to eachother at school. I guess he's ashamed of getting along with me as well.

 

After the school ended I packed my bag and headed towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter